Net Neutrality is gonna be dead soon, user-kun. Is your backlog big enough,?

Net Neutrality is gonna be dead soon, user-kun. Is your backlog big enough,?

if you understand the infrastructure of the internet, there is no way torrenting can be stopped. Unless services like skype/discord/most multiplayer games, or any fully or partial p2p service become banned.

Feels got not to be american.

>there is no way torrenting can be stopped
The technology for slowing down torrents exists and is used by many ISP's already.

They can stop you by cutting you off once your usage goes up too much.

maybe

>Net Neutrality

Is this just another set of words for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CHANGES?

Everyone will be affected, dumbass

I've never seen anyone with worse taste in all my life

Don't give a shit I don't live in the land of the freeā„¢

I hope Americans get banned from Sup Forums.
Every time without fail when American hours come it always devolves to waifu and shitposting.

You literally won't be affected if you're living outside burgerland and not using burger sites. Internet is decentralized.

We all know the drive letters could be named A B C D E F G and you would say the same thing.

Heh, If you're not panicking and screeching and spamming your congressman with emails like me then you're OBVIOUSLY not paying attention

>shitposting

That's the spics doing that, I'll take waifufags over dragon ball faggot shitting up the board.

Don't forget all the newfags.

Pretty much. People just enjoy freaking out over nothing.

It's very easy to profile and shape Bittorrent traffic. Most likely what will happen is that unscrupulous ISPs (read: most of them) will begin zero-rating your home Internet similar to how phones plans work in the US. Anything that isn't HTTP traffic will be classified as bulk data, throttled, and subject to data caps. This will ensure that you have to use their services (e.g. Hulu, which Comcast is a majority owner of) instead of pirating things. Comcast already has the infrastructure in place to do this, they actively throttled Bittorrent traffic back in 2008 until the FCC put a stop to it.

You would be affected if you try to connect to US peers for anything. And Canada might be affected because they only have one cable to the rest of the world that doesn't go through the US. It goes through Greenland and Iceland, and is of dubious quality.

Internet in the EU is nothing like the US.
Datacaps don't exist.
Even 4G offers are going unlimited.
We don't have overpriced shit like comcast which screw over their customers.

I'll panic when it actually happens - and even then, I'm not in the US. It'll affect some things but people always find a way to work around it.

>Princess Tutu
>Now and Then, Here and There
>Cardcaptor Sakura

This, and Canada too, you just fixed the 99% of problems in Sup Forums.

Is there something wrong?

You people do realize Sup Forums's servers are hosted in the US, right?

we just had a thread about this bullshit yesterday, fuck off

Right, generally speaking countries in the EU have many more options for ISPs than the US does. The EU will be relatively fine, except for those that want to use services based in the US or connect to US peers. This is because if the Title II classification for ISPs is repealed then ISPs can begin charging web services to carry their data. Comcast immediately billed Netflix for hundreds of millions of dollars the last time this came up.

Good, finally free of this decaying shithole.

>no murcians here anymore
Feels good to not be an amerifat.

You're free to leave. Go join in his utopia of Brazilian and Indian posters.

Well unless you live in the united states nothing changes. If you do then this is really fucking awful.

Basically what this is doing is repealing the limitations set on cable companies that restricted them from setting costs on different types of data being uploaded and downloaded
>what does that mean
it means that they can stop you from torrenting altogether or charge you absurd amounts of money to have access to do it
it also means that they can throttle your bandwidth to said torrents even if you do decide to pay for them
>well that's not a problem I can just stream or DDL
well it is because they can restrict video access and website routing too.
>w-well I can just pay more!
sure, thats fair. But lets say you /do/ pay more... now all those other government agencies can purchase a list of anyone who has torrenting licenses from the ISPs and prosecute anyone for anything illegal they find since the traffic will be much more limited.
>ok all your points make sense, but whos to say they'll do that
Well there are two reasons we can see that they'll do anything and everything listed.
First is their commitment to their shareholders. They're contractually obligated to make as much money for their shareholders as possible under threat of the law
Second is that the current internet climate is an oligopoly, and if you dont know what that word means google it. All of the companies will agree on set absurd prices in order to maximize their profits
>well what can I do
Call or email your congressman and spread the word to family and friends.

South americans thirdworlders are not welcome either.

Yeah it's not like after it happens in the US ISPs in EU will try the same thing

Not only burger companies are greedy user

>only the US have servers

even if torrenting died there's still IRC

>I don't understand this issue or why I should be upset about it

>net neutrality about to die
>the only thing OP downloads is sophistic garbage for pretentious culture paupers with no actual interest in anime
Torrent some actual literature you uncultured fuck.

Does the EU have regulations for that kind of thing? Usually the EU has regulations for shit.

See If they're implementing zero-rating then IRC would be affected as well.

Im not amerilard.

So worst case scenerio is we have to start streaming anime instead of torrenting it.

I only have 700gb of anime all 480p 1tb of hentai, 2 tb of jav, 300gb of mainstream manga (mostly ongoing) but going after the recent Sup Forums rips, 200gb of wester comics and probably 1tb of american tv shows. I can probably manage. But then most of fast websites are hosted by americans.

The worst case scenario is that literally nothing happens.

I think they published guidelines for that last year. Gonna suck for Britbongs.

IRC is good. I just hope the queues don't get too long on horriblesubs. Also I've never used it to download an entire series so I don't know how that would work. Maybe people could "trade" series via IRC? idk

Comcast has already throttled Bittorrent in the past and has the infrastructure in place for it. You're naive if you think they're not going to do it again once they can't get legally smacked down for it.

Time for another episode of Sup Forums fear mongering.

ITS THE END GUYS ITS OVER AAAAAAH WE ARE DOOMED AAAAAAAH NYAA IS DEAD FOREVER GONE OH WAIT NVM HUM THE INTERNET IS DEAD

IRC bots can't handle all the traffic currently being used by torrents.

Sorry it's a bit untidy today desu

>Joshiraku
>Tiger and Bunny
>Cardcaptors
>pretentious

No, see
You'd have to use crunchyroll/funimation and you can't use the free sites unless you pay more. If a show doesn't get licensed that you want to watch then you're fucked.

You better buy some magnetic tape to store all of it because if your drive goes bad you're going to be fucked.

>streaming
hell no m8. I'm moving nigga.

Yeah probably

Isn't this just SOPA 2: electric Boogaloo?

Yes there are and so far we are safe but the US also has(had) rules and you see how that is going

This.

Tape is a fucking pain in the ass to deal with and tape readers are incredibly expensive. Don't bother with tape and just get a bigger RAID.

>n-nothing will change!
>I'm not an Amerifat so I won't affected!

You idiots are in for a rude awakening

They stopped trying to pass SOPA once the rules were passed.

But because our president is autistic and doesn't understand why regulations exist he appointed a cabinet that's literally after lining their own pockets.

I was referring to his single active download.

Nothing will happen.

What about backup drives?

its like the opposite of sopa
Sopa was government censorship
this is the repealing of government restrictions on ISPs

>he appointed a cabinet that's literally after lining their own pockets.
To expand on that, the current chairman of the FCC that is trying to repeal the current Net Neutrality regulations used to work for Verizon.

a RAID back up is fine.

OP here, might as well get LOGH since I'll probably watch it one day and and I'll probably really like it

Sucks being americuck i guess. The rest of the world will go on as always

i don't know much about net neutrality dying should i be worried

ISP censorship is not the opposite of government censorship, retard.

RAID isn't a backup, unless it's a second RAID and you set it up in a very specific way (e.g. data pulling at specific intervals with deduplication, read-only with no outside write access). Otherwise if a file gets deleted it will also disappear from your "backup"

>All of the companies will agree on set absurd prices in order to maximize their profits
Aren't there laws against colluding like that in any industry?

SHut up Libcuck shilll. Bow your fucking head to the masters in government. They worked hard for their position and deserve every cent they ask for. Fucking commie.

If you're American, yes.
If you're a thirdworlder, carry on as usual
If you're European, no

Do any of you retards have even the slightest clue what net neutrality even is?

Or how about the fact that all that's happening is that a change is being reverted back to what it was before 2015? Was the internet "dead" all those years between when it was first created and 2015? Because that's all that's happening, we're going back to a law from that time. Was torrenting impossible then? Did Sup Forums not exist then?

Fucking morons.

>Our side of the boat isn't sinking yet!

I can see home internet getting data plans like your mobile plans, so everyone will probably end up paying a good chunk more if they want to keep downloading gigs and gigs of anime every month. The cable companies are going to find some way to get back all the profit they lost due to everyone ditching thier cable tv. This is something to be worried about, but the sky is falling, certain traffic will be blocked, and we'll all be living in soviet russia in a few months rhetoric just turns everyone off of the whole thing.

Why would that work any better once they start throttling streaming sites?

Dude you don't understand you have to PANIC.

We also fear net neutrality being abolished. We actually had some petitions already iirc.
Interestingly enough though most fears here aren't about users having to pay more for certain websites, but the big ones buying faster internet speed from the ISPs to attract more customers to create a quasi-monopoly

Anime & Manga

The difference is is that large corporations now know how badly they can nickle and dime the users of the internet. If you honestly think that internet providers aren't going to do everything they can to maximize the money they can get out of their consumers, you're the fucking moron.

That doesn't matter when you have hundreds of billions of dollars and a platoon of lawyers and lobbyists.

omg you're right time to PANIC this is just like that other time the internet was going to die which totally happened

People should reach the law that's being repealed. Even if it's called Net Neutrality it's far from the concept that is Net Neutrality. Concepts and actual laws are VERY different things.

Could we not have these shitty HABBENING!!!!11 threads on Sup Forums?

>muh net neutrality
Yeah I still remember when Obongo saved anime back in 2015.

You realize that SOPA died because it was extremely unpopular right? Especially since they were trying to quietly pass it.

See this is why I can't take this shit seriously.

One guy says it's this thing then another comes in and says it's the opposite, then a third guy says it's this other thing completely different from what the other two guys said.

MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS

reach=read

PANIC
A
N
I
C

Its part of Sup Forums culture at this point.

>Do any of you retards have even the slightest clue what net neutrality even is?
Net Neutrality prevents your ISP from discriminating data based on service or protocol. This means that they can't decide to block websites, shape traffic for certain protocols (Bittorrent, IRC), or charge people extra for using certain services or protocols.

>Or how about the fact that all that's happening is that a change is being reverted back to what it was before 2015?
Historically, the FCC has enforced Net Neutrality on a case-by-case basis by applying Title II to ISPs. In Verizon v. FCC (2014) the courts decided that they can only do this if they explicitly classify ISPs as Title II common carriers. Which they did in 2015. Had they not done that, they would have no ability to regulate ISPs as they had prior to 2014. And that's exactly what the chairman of the FCC, Ajit Pai, is currently trying to accomplish. He is attempting to repeal the classification of ISPs under Title II, which will leave the FCC with no ability to stop ISPs from shaping or charging extra for traffic. For example, they will no longer be able to stop Comcast from throttling Bittorrent as they did in 2008.

Are you seriously this retarded? Political and cultural sovereignty is a fucking myth in the modern globalist world. This shit becomes the standard in the US and Europe sees it's working out for the US in subduing its population of worker rats they're going to pull the same shit. Are you seriously so fucking stupid to actually believe the bureaucrats of the EU and the thieving wankers in your own local government give a shit about your wellbeing? The more complacent and easier to control you are the better.

>2TB drives
I hope half of those are backups because 2TB HDDs have much higher failure rates.

Not anime or manga.

>this is just like that other time the internet was going to die
It got thwarted each time thanks to people actually complaining.

People stopped that from happening by launching campaigns similar to the one happening now. But go ahead, lick the boots of the large corporations.

American website.

You should stock up anyway even if nothing will happen.

I only have like 3TB plus what I have of this season, but that's probably enough. Never killed anyone to rewatch stuff.