Mahoutsukai no Yome

What other anime can match the beauty, deepness, plot and the romance of Mahoutsukai no Yome?

>deepness

ACCA 13 has the beauty and deepness
Grimgar has the beauty and plot
Neither have the romance.

I'm unironically in love with this show. Started out slow but ended up being fantastic.

Doubt they reach the beauty of this.

Watch Mushishi if you haven't already.

nichijo

How many eps did it take you too get into it? I dropped it after the cats ep. does it really pick up?

I dropped it after episode 5

does it get better?
It's such a pretentious garbage anime that only looks good.

>protagonist has a tragic backstory for the pity and attention points
>is "special"
>gets everything handed to her
Does she get acceptable or does she stay a Mary Sue?

it's wish fulfillment for girls

I like how it's basically Twilight with some Lovecraftian trappings.

Doggo is best boy and TITania's entrance was cool. I think I'd have liked this show more if I was a mangafag.

Boys are supposed to identify with Elias because he's a baller magic wendigo dude, while girls are supposed to identify with the heroine.

It's the inuyasha approach

Nothing currently airing, thats why it is AOTS.

I want to be eaten by chimera Isabelle!

I liked Mushishi but don't really get this show.

This is so contrived. MC's personality changes on a whim just to fit the story arc, with no real justification for it. And hurr durr you can do anything with magic so just wish for anything.

it's fake deep, the romance is stockholm syndrome, the plot is a natsume yuujinchou rip off, the visuals are good though, i'll give you that

It's not just for the attention, it's literally the plot. She's special because she's a candle that burns out fast, and she has a limited time to learn to enjoy life.

>average Sup Forums poster

Finding something you're good at can change how you see things, user.

Also magic that can do anything is the best kind of magic. That's what magic means, I'm tired of these weak versions of magic that are just programming with a wizardy sheen. When I see magic I want it to boldly make no sense, like in fairy tales.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have a cost, though. Mages in this world seem like they can do "anything" if they have enough knowledge to ask the right questions of the spirits, but not all requests are going to take the same degree of energy.

>spider fangs

Nope.

good fucking lord above tho, today's ep was a orgasmic

I hate how people associate anything like this with Lovecraft.

Ulthar is a direct Lovecraft reference. Suck it up, buttercup.

That kinda hits the nail on the head. Especially this episode with the dog guy.

Will we ever get a breather episode? Things seems to happen too fast.

Things will get a bit slower during Chise's second trip to Iceland, but when you're literally a freak magnet there's not much you can do to catch a break.

That's a big cat.

Not especially.

>special
The fuck she is within that setting. She just happens to be a member of a pretty rare set of creatures. She didn't really exhibit anything special yet.

>romance
>implying
Who would find Capra Demon appealing?

But there's only one dog, not two...

Yeah, so? Goat-skull demon bodies aren't hot.

>he doesn't find monsters appealing

Think about it:
>Tall
>Awesome voice
>World renowned in his field
>Has a comfy home

Hell, the goat skull almost looks like a sculpture.

There is no goat skulls in the show though

Ainsworth's head is a giant goat skull

It's a dog skull with horns.

no real difference

I really don't see how it's pretentious. It isn't an epic struggle of a lone hero against the rest of the world while also revealing deep truths about mankind. It's far more small scale than that while being beautiful in that small scale.

>Boys are supposed to identify with Elias because he's a baller magic wendigo dude
I don't at all. He's absurdly rich, doesn't act human and is probably obscenely powerful. He's very unrelateble.

>he isn't a richfag
>he doesn't command enormous magic power

>acting like a human
pathethic

I identify with the wandering jew.

Other than him buying Chise and presumably her supplies it doesn't feel like he's rich. He's just pretty self sufficient and has lived a long time.

Wut. Her personality hasn't changed that much at all. If anything she's still just bland as shit

He just waltzes in and buys her like it's nothing. Felt very much like he has a good deal of finances which makes sense for someone who can perform magical acts, since the sky is kind of the limit on what he could charge. He also has at least one official servant.

>He just waltzes in and buys her like it's nothing
I think that's the autism talking and him not wanting to bother entering a bid war. He's mostly been a hikki who makes cough drops. Sure it's income but only really significant over centuries.
>He also has at least one official servant.
She just kind of lives there, I don't think she gets paid.

best anime of the season and best op of the year come at me

Yeah, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Yeah. Just you wait.

What would happen if he tries to kiss something? Does he just press his teeth against it, or can he use magic to create the vacuum required to kiss?

he rubs his head on yours somewhere

No argument from me, this has been a great season with a handful of aoty contenders.
Top 3 contenders: maho,3gatsu, shoujo

>best anime of the season
Debatable
>best op of the year
Debatable

Cats being sentient is also a Lovecraft thing. All its missing is the evil sentient rats the cats wage war against.

Where is the live thread? Can't find it in the archive

I liked the OVAs when it was short and concise
I feel that this series started ok but now it's poorly directed
Especially the last episode. They tried gaining emotional momentum then kept breaking it with flash backs
They try build up dramatic tension with the villain which ends up being nothing. The villain is really just a bad overall character in my opinion. I just can't take him seriously and don't feel any danger from him

Shirayuki-hiime was superior, and VEG this winter will BTFO MnY in all aspect as well.

I really want to like this show because in terms of premise it's extremely up my alley, but I'm having emotional investment problems. I feel too much like a bystander to the events occurring, despite the fact I tend to get really absorbed.
I also end up wishing Chise was as charismatic of a protagonist as Natsume or even Amami.

tongue, it's all tongue
someone pls post webm or pic of the scene where he licks her neck, i thought i had it and i can't find it

Something like this.

Posting superior redhead

you're just too spoiled
cleanse your palette with trash every now and again

Ya i was really excited about the show before it aired
I think theres a lack of clarity, the viewer has no idea whats going on in the show. It's unclear where the show is headed and what the protagonists' objectives are. It's even unclear if they want to defeat the antagonist or just want that psycho kid to leave them alone

Jesus all of you who are hating on this need to fuck off. Your minds are tainted and you have lost any and all sense of enjoyment and pleasure within anything. You can't just sit back and enjoy something.

Frankly, he probably earns a fortune conjuring magicks. That, and he probably has a collection of ancient artifacts that he sells to museum or antique collectors for a hefty price.

>pretentious garbage anime
I couldn't help but let out a giggle after trying to picture the character who typed this

It's pretty obvious to me what the objectives are, well at least loosely. Teach chise magic, do random church quests, make psycho kid leave them alone, and ultimately prevent chise's death

I do enjoy a lot of things tho. My problem with this show is that it matches my guilty pleasure fantasies way too much. One might think this is a good thing, but I just start feeling disgusted for some reason.

At least there's us two intellectuals

That sounds like you have mental problems.

This anime is exactly what I've been waiting for. Spice and Wolf and Snow White With Red Hair are my favorites and this is basically another I can add to the list.

>fantastic English dub
>beautiful art
>calm and collected atmosphere without any annoying characters
>interesting universe and premise
>likable cast

Can't wait for the rest of this.

I still believe that if this show continues to be this good, or get even better, and have a satisfying ending then it will easily go down as a masterpiece.

>dub
Don't do this.

>I dropped it after episode 5
This entire existence is pretentious garbage that only looks good. Might as well drop yourself out of that too.

I might have problems. Not saying the show is bad tho, just not something for me to enjoy. Also,
>fantastic English dub
>dub
ahaha

>english titles
>dub
(You)

If you seriously skip over well done dubs in favor of a language you can't speak than you are a total reject. Part of what makes an English dub so pleasureable is you can actually focus on the shit going on rather than reading and missing out all the animation.

I love anime as much as the next person but if you strictly watch in Japanese you have a problem. Stop hating your own culture and language.

>hating my own country and language
>implying i'm a burger
Russia had some nice professional dubs in the past but not for currently airing shows.

If you watch anything in an altered form you are a retard. If you can't read and watch then you're basically illiterate.
>stop hating your own culture and language
I wouldn't watch an American show dubbed in Japanese.

>well done
>dubs
>I love anime as much as the next person
These statements don't fit together.

Even the best english dubs are terrible in comparison to original voice acting. English VA are either not trying at all or try so hard it becomes cringy. I can't focus on the story this way.

i've seen all the ova's and i'm loving the anime
should i start reading the manga?

Even if the dub is better, media should be experienced in its original form.

I didn't imply you were American. You are aware that America is not the only English speaking country. If a dub exists that is in your native too he and the voice acting for it is done well then you are a fucking clown to be watching it in a language you don't understand.

>altered form
The reason dubs are made is so that we can fully invest ourselves into the show. I can read watch at the same time and have no problem doing so as I've lost count of how many I've watched subbed. But I always make sure to check out the dub first and if the voice acting is good I will watch it dubbed.

You are seriously the highest form of autism and weeb if you strictly watch in Japanese.

See

>You are seriously the highest form of autism
You first check if a dub is good. Then proceed to revert back to the original language if it doesn't match up to your standards.

This is absolutely incorrect. You need to pay closer attention to the voice work. Part of the reason you skip over bad voice acting is because you are too busy reading to comprehend the atrocious over acting that Japan likes to do. I fucking live in Japan and my friends here talk to me about how much they hate the typical over exaggerated characters anime.

The english is always either more overexaggerated or totally monotone. It's also not just about whether the acting is good but whether it matches the characters and scene.

I stated that in my post. A lot of English dubs are fucking atrocious beyond all words.

You are probably so used to over hyped and whacky ass voice acting that whenever something good presents itself you find it boring. What you are hearing is a natural form of voice acting where the person is speaking like a normal human.

I know. I know, user. But I still have to cringe less watching it in japanese, I am sorry I can't enjoy the superior english voice acting as much as you do.
>I fucking live in Japan
Do you know japanese well?

No, user. They're talking like a robot or a hyperactive six year old.

>I fucking live in Japan
But you don't speak Japanese?

Oh I wish it was natural where people speak like normal human beings. Then I would actually watch it.

in good shows i watch both the sub and the dub

I moved here about 6 1/2 months ago and I'm learning little by little when I have the free time. After this holiday season passes I'm starting official classes/courses. The Japanese civilians I work with are awesome people and teach me from time to time. They mostly teach me bantz.

Look I don't want to sound like an asshole but I can't stand it when I mention dub and everyone loses there damn minds.