O say, can you see

O say, can you see...

Attached: 35f087446a17193a24651778435cd672.jpg (564x622, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evKTIRwjCvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ISRAEL #1

High intelligence quotient thread

Attached: __akemi_homura_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_drawn_by_hankuri__107d367f39ffa258a5099f83e91d0239.jpg (433x650, 60K)

Country is too big for trains

Attached: IMG_55674.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

that's what happens when subsidised car manufacturers buy up public transport.

yup, america was never a train nation, europes train infrastructure is impressive, but here its all about automobiles and planes

You aren't riding a train from St. Johns to Vancouver unless you're a retired boomer sitting on millions with time to spare.

Does Europe use bullet trains to pull freight?
Amtrak sucks as transportation and it costs more than traveling by car or plane.
Europe is a smaller place, and it costs a lot to lay track across a large country like the U.S.A.
We only use trains to ship large amounts of goods.

Oh shit nigger is it F40PH Friday?!?!?!

Plus pretty much all of the good routes already have rail lines or highways on them, especially the mountain passes out west.

>pushing for high speed passenger rail in a country where individual states are larger than the entirety of europe and passenger jets take half a day to get coast to coast

america's done a lot of stupid shit but focusing on rail as a shipping method rather than a passenger method is not one of them. the most you can argue for is limited usage in high volume corridors, which is basically limited to the east coast between DC and NYC, and parts of california

All aboard America.

Attached: 920x920.jpg (920x599, 81K)

well darn, our trains look different

Attached: etgteg.png (531x538, 236K)

Apart from several companies building hi speed underground hyper sonic trains user.

Trains are for faggots. Burger is best.

Why do all anglosphere countries have terrible public transport?

Attached: Screenshot_39.png (931x593, 160K)

Public transit systems and the infrastructure they rely on are specifically never something people can buy. Government may be retarded but they're not stupid.

Also this is interesting.
Japan is larger than U.K.

Attached: Screenshot_40.png (931x593, 127K)

the US could certainly do trains.
It's just bloody hard to start one.

Its trivial. In the 40s, FDR nationalized railroads. Because he could. Nobody in the right mind will invest in railroads now. We will never have anything nice with rails, because the US government is worse than best Korea's government on actually operating anything. The rails are never coming back. Ever. Because somebody thought it was a good idea to seize the railroads. This is what happens after seizures.

I don't want Jamal traveling at high speeds anywhere he wants.

>trains
Meanwhile we have cars that drive themselves.

The US build the Interstate Highway system in the '50s to be able to move Tanks and Military. That kind of killed trains and such.

Frig off EU

The reason why we have shitty trains is because we built them way before you faggot European's across our country which is the size of Western Europe and because of that it'd cost trillion to re do it all.

Yea but the federal government only manages the interstate roads.

>tfw google maps the japan
>tfw find farm cities with 20k people
>tfw i was told the entire country is cramped up and they could not sustain themselves anymore
wtf.

Attached: 1499144260780.jpg (227x245, 29K)

California Hates Guns, but they love their bullet train to nowhere.

Attached: F0FD58EE-6936-4908-9258-43D77615E217.png (2001x1125, 1.6M)

Look at Narita Airport and that crazy guy who has the farm between the runways. That's a fun one to look at.

Attached: EFA26036-DC6A-41B8-9AED-252E1DEB0D48.jpg (1024x576, 73K)

Because our counties (burgers, leafs, emus) are too big for trains. Why would I ride in a high speed train for 8 hours when I could fly for 4 hours and it would be cheaper. Euros do not understand what a big country is like.

this.

Attached: 1EAucBz.jpg (1130x2654, 468K)

We use airplanes here because it's a big, rich country. Trains are for hauling freight and communists.

American rails are used for freight. Our costs for shipping by rail is one of the lowest in the world.

America is huge, if you travel anywhere you go by plane. If it is less than 300 miles you drive.

the US government basically conspired against rail transit, which was the preferred method of transportation of Americans

don't sell me some government program to change it back now, when it was government programs that created the problem

Well, they had to, because there was no more private money for rails.
Rails are strategic infrastructure. The government can seize them without comp at any time. Do you want to invest in this?
The only investment in rails is trying to squeeze as much as you can out of existing rails. Building the new ones is out of the question. It requires longer term planning, which you can't do with legal precedent set.
We will have the same issues with mortgages too because of how Fannie and Freddie were seized.
US government is incapable of maintaining any business too. In Europe you have government that's is able to manage business. Not well, but it works. US government can't do shit. Post Office is the extent of it. It's bad.
So all this shit about how the country is too big for rails is just a cover up of that rails seizure many years ago. US government is great at cover up. Not so great at running things. Interstates are terrible too. They are not well maintained. And again, you can't be in business with unaccountable US government for strategic projects. It will blow in your face, so no chance of private roads either. You don't understand that we were great in spite of our horrible government, because it was tiny. Our government is on par with the worst governments out there. About half of its people are niggers.

Food for thought. If you leave NYC and fly that long you're still in New England or the Mid Atlantic.

Attached: for thought.jpg (1837x79, 25K)

USPS is managed so well though. It's a shame the Government can't run other businesses.

In fairness the aesthetic of American stuff lends itself well to gritty crime movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=evKTIRwjCvk

Have you been to the US post office? Service is on par with caricature Soviet service sector. Niggers forgetting the last thing you asked them, and lines for 30 mins with 10 people waiting in line. What do you smoke? It pays to go to UPS and pay more to send a package instead of dealing with this shit.

/thread

>caring about trains

You all can get your heads out of your asses and join us in the 21st century.

Trains are enjoyable, even the slow shitty Amtrak ones. I wish we had bullet trains to NYC.

Tel-aviv

Attached: israel-the-old-levinski-street-in-tel-aviv-now-a-slum-populated-by-DKP047.jpg (1300x956, 255K)

THEY TOOK MUURH JEWBS

I was being sarcastic

Tel-Aviv.

Attached: 06Dec31_258_SilwanSt_NE_l.jpg (980x735, 200K)

It would be nice if we didnt have to pay for every other country's defense, and could afford such luxuries.

we have 20x more rail than all those countries combined.

When I lived in London, I always used the following phrase to remind people how fucking big the US is compared to Europe: "a flight from San Francisco to New York is about the same distance from here to Kazakhstan." Granted, it would be eastern Kazakhstan, but it really helped put things into perspective for them.

We planned to export high-speed rail to the US but failed
because they have a strong attachment to their lands, it is difficult to acquire lands
I think that is great
In America, gas is cheap and airplanes are more efficient

Israel high speed train

Attached: 10559-Diesel_Locomotive_Alstom_Heifa-940x310.jpg (940x310, 40K)

The USPS on my school’s campus is nice. All the other ones in my town are awful.

Trains are for carrying freight not people.

It's the size of New Hampshire, that train seems fast enough.

What always blew me away is that two World Wars were fought over the equivalent of Pennsylvania and part of New York.

>waste billions in tax dollars
>hurrr improov duh ekonuhmee
Debt is not an improvement, dipshit.

This guy gets it. We just use the interstate and major highways when traveling any distance.

Trains are for moving materials, with the exception of a few novelty rails.

The Boring CompanyMusk Hyperloop, future of transportation

America may have shitty trains but this image doesn't mean much without context. Different trains for different terrains. A train built for transporting people with high speed on long, straight tracks (most of the others on this image I assume) will look different from one made for transporting heavy cargo on a curvey mountain road.

American railroads used to be the greatest in the world.

Attached: 95a5dfa1b7dc6af7f3a03d5c942a3b03--retro-posters-art-deco-posters.jpg (636x862, 106K)

looks like the front of a self driving car

Seeing shit like this infuriates me. We could've had trains that get you from New York to LA in a couple of hours but instead we have diversity. Thank God I'm finally leaving this God forsaken country.

Attached: 1476230511376.png (556x430, 81K)

Fuck trains, when are zeppelins coming back?

Greater Israel will extend from the Nile to the Euphrates.

They should start investing in better passenger rail.

In the early days of the rail in the US as the frontier melted away they were also used (effectively) to move people cross country for settlement.

Public trans port in wa is damn good. I would like to see the old trollies in down town return though.

Interesting

Send them some refugees.

more like the infrastructure for trains is severely lacking like our roads or nearly everything publicly funded

Barring security considerations local subways across the US are fairly decent for getting to and fro areas of the cities and outliers. Although the introduction of rail stations farther and farther out of the central areas of the city can have an "enrichment" effect.

This.

Attached: 1495111627320.webm (1200x400, 906K)

They still fucking are and we’re using them to ship insane freight volumes. Freight train conductor on the BNSF here.

Right about when Tesla does.

Rail is for freight, not passengers though. I'd assume you'll agree. Every 50 car train is 50 less trucks on the road going that much more efficiently.

Exactly. This passenger talk in the u.s. is a pipe dream. No one wants to do that here, it’s a different culture here. Rail is for freight in the u.s.

I am looking for investors

Am I the only one that gets angry when I see graffiti on Train Cars? Those things aren't cheap and I pisses me off.

FINNUS SLAYER OF THE BIRD PEOPLE DESIRES MORE BLOOOD

Attached: D072E44E-84EE-4B8A-A376-B7F5841E9C46.jpg (750x760, 110K)

Subs for suburbs and cities has been my opinion. Bus service here in seattle is good

It pisses me off when i see graffiti on anything but the insides of people's own homes. One of the few things I would advocate the death penalty for.

It makes politicians and kickback builders wet. That is all that matters. Fucktard politcians (Dem) in my state have been trying for 15 years to build a commuter rail track that no one will fucking ride straight through a protected floodplain and wetlands (that also has actual sacred ground on it) because POC needs dey choo choos.

Yep.

It’s annoying yeah especially when it’s incoherent tagging and nigger and spic shit, but there’s no stopping it. There’s some really artistic stuff out there too though I’ve seen legit murals on train cars.

Attached: 5D748693-52BE-4BB6-BD75-AD7BA7BFDD29.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)

In my city they built a light rail to go from the stadium to the medical center. All it does is hit people's cars in the left turn lane. It's fucking awful.
It's someone's property, that's what pisses me off the most. I don't want that shit on my house, the person that owns that $100k oil tanker doesn't want to deal with it either.

Here in the first world white people have enough money to own cars and those trains are basically just used as urinals for niggers.

Trains are for poorfags who have too much time on their hands. And they are only of use in densely populated areas and for freight transportation.

>inb4 Transsiberian express, it was built in a different time and does mostly freight and pleasure transport

That was for ICBM transport

*Americans are too big for trains

Checked. And yeah I hear ya just no way of babysitting all those cars, rail yards stretch on for miles.

>america was never a train nation

You see that's where your wrong. GM and the Interstate system basically killed trains for passengers in the US though.

>the vast swaths of Russia stretched out the German army.
>The distance from Warsaw to Moscow is a little over 700 miles. Or 1100 KM
>Or about the distance from downtown Manhattan to Chicago.

Attached: Trains.jpg (4514x3435, 1.05M)

We actually had far more train usage in the past. 95% of people used passenger trains for intercity transit and 80% of intercity freight was moved by train compared to the 40% today.
We still could expand our railroads much further but Government involvement has fucked everything.

They wanted oil no matter what.

Attached: ghost-train.jpg (1360x992, 125K)

All were countries nearly destroyed in WW2 and had to rebuild. We'll get all new shit when we get bombed too, friendo.

3pbp. its 60 bux to fly from LA to san fran and it taks 30 min. why the fuck build a bullit train that can do it in 2.5hours, your moving backwards.

Rail for cross state travel is what should be applied.
We need more efficient ways to beat the airplane Jew.
I really don't give a shit about a bullet train taking me from one part of my state to the other, that shit is a literal pipe dream.
I can fucking drive.
However I would like to not spend a thousand dollars to see my own fucking family across the country.

If it weren't for muslims you could just walk on walk off too.

How long do you think that golden rivet lasted ?

It's still there Nigel.