What makes normies so hostile to anime? If you ever have the misfortune of interacting with them...

What makes normies so hostile to anime? If you ever have the misfortune of interacting with them, they always bitch and whine about how horrible anime is or how 'creepy' it. Even if you venture on shitholes like reddit or twitter, you'll see normies constantly slamming anime whenever the opportunity arises, or even worse, some normies becoming "ironic weebs" and intentionally being pricks about it.

Are they threatened by it? What is it about this cute and innocent hobby that's earned the ire of so many normies?

Uh oh
You used some non approved words

if you watch anime you are either a child or a pedo but worst of all a virgin

>normies
>anime
>opportunity

"Normie" is a word used by people Sup Forums considers far closer to real "normies" than themselves, I.e it is a false poser faggot word and you are not a real Sup Forums user if you say that. Sup Forums isn't persecuting you because you're too abnormal for them, but because you use a word indicating you are too normal for them. You ARE a normie if you even used that word, which is a bastardized version tweaked to be usavle around actual normalfags. The original and real term in the Sup Forums context is normalfag. "Normie" is the fucking whitewashed/SJW-approved version because the "fag" part is offensive to them and they want to be able to drop this term on places like Reddit, Facebook and twitter - which are pretty much the textbook definition of normalfag dens - without fear of getting reprimanded. Which defeats the whole fucking point.

If you are being careful to "fit in" on various shitty normalfag websites, you are actually as normalfag as they fucking come and just have some fucking ludicrous idea in your head that you're not. It's the same as these "omg I'm such a nerrrd XD" shitheads on those same sites only here it's "omg I'm such a weird unique person XD". In summation shut up OP because you clearly have no idea what you're dealing with and /r9k/'s whiny emo shit is not what Sup Forums is about.

So I assume you're one of those and you're projecting, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.

>What makes normies so hostile to anime?
Insecurity. That's pretty much it.

I am all of that yes but I was just saying how normal people perceive weebs

What are jokes

Sup Forums is basically the society depicted in 1984 adapted to anonymous internet culture. Don't use the wrong words or think the wrong things. Or else we'll shitpost and derail your topic into oblivion as punishment.

Speak Newspeak, or we'll punish you, citizen.

Who cares? As long as they keep away from Sup Forums they can hold whatever opinion they want.
In fact, it's even better that liking anime isn't mainstream. Because if it were to become popular, this board would become infested with employees of big companies stealthily shilling shit.

As opposed to reddit where non-mainstream opinions are systematically hidden?

Have you ever actually read 1984?

>Insecurity.
Can you elaborate on this? I always see this answer but cannot get around why a well adjusted person would feel threatened by chinese cartoons.

Hey, I never said reddit was better. Each website on the modern internet is its own dystopia. Look at how limited the vocabulary of your average internet user is nowadays. People can't communicate without using memes or buzzwords. It's Newspeak. Except unlike in 1984 where it was some language forced upon people by a corrupt and totalitarian government, we brought it upon ourselves.

maybe if Sup Forumsnon wouldnt be a sperg about the things he likes, then Sup Forumsnon wouldnt make other people think he is a weirdo and that anime are for weirdos

Yep, have you? Newspeak was invented as a tool to control the self-expression and critical thinking ability of citizens. People on the internet have such a limited vocabulary that they can't express themselves anymore. It's the same shit.

They're not threatened by the cartoons themselves, they're threatened by how they could be perceived if they had neutral or positive perceptions in regards to them.
And they watch capeshit which is totally okay and mature because reasons.

Belittling other people's hobbies is how they convince themselves their lives are more fulfilling.

>In summation shut up OP because you clearly have no idea what you're dealing with and /r9k/'s whiny emo shit is not what Sup Forums is about.
You should have written just that. It's better to let faggot like OP in the dark so that they quickly expose themselves as the trash they are.

As if the special snowflake mentality isn't embeded into Sup Forums's identity?
It's peak us vs them around here and you'd be blind not to see it.
I could swear this is exactly what Sup Forums's beens doing for the past decade.

The difference is that the only punishment you'll get here is being told you're a faggot. And if you were to restrict my ability to call you a faggot, then you'd be a massive hypocrite.

So it's nothing like 1984.

Check these dubs.