ITT: Relationships people have misunderstood as romantic

ITT: Relationships people have misunderstood as romantic.

not entirely false, she was hitting on him a little bit initially but she lost interest quickly

But user, girls do that all the time. Doesn't mean Asuka liked him.

fair but it was at least protoromantic

I have never seen anyone who thought Aqua and Kazuma have a romantic relationship. It's a textbook example of a platonic relationship.

This, we only wish they were a couple.

creators misunderstood it too.

Although i vouch for entirely opposite

user you misunderstand. This thread is about platonic relationships. Not abusive ones.

>i know more about a story than it's creator

Platoing someone can also be like a mortal insult. I'm sure lord Mormont would have one or two things to say about it.

Wtf is she doing?

Doing her fucking best

Of course there is romantic interest between shinji and best girl u fuckers

They're better with the (non-incestuous) brother and sister dynamic they have going.

And Kazuma being into Eris would be like him liking the girl his sister picks on at school.

Delusional.

This.

I'm absolute newfag when it comes to NGE as I've only watch the first 4 episodes, what should I worry about when it comes to Canon, what I should look out for, and all those other shows?

wut

box squats bruh, dyel?

She only likes him as a brother.

I don't think there's much to look out for. Not sure what you mean by "all those other shows".

Shinji finds Asuka hot, Asuka acts like a typical girl with desiring attention from guys even though they don't like them. Validation isn't romantic.

>>Assuka had no interest in him
>subconsciously talks about her family with him, before she catches up and insults him
>Arael showsShinji standing next to Kaji, her crush, causing her to fucking flip out.

>posts a literal filler

>Wants to prove a point
>Chooses the absolute worst example
She says the exact words "Also there's no way that guy could have a normal relationship with a girl". When she says "normal" she means that he could never get a generic lovey dovey relationship but something much more meaningful.

>imblying

but shinji/asuka is an abusive relationship.

IchiRuki.

You read that right, what don't you understand?

Doesn't mean anything.

She was still waiting for his cock years after he left, if that's not pathetic, I don't know what is. Even Ino moved on and found someone else.

It's the equivalent of those women who wanted the Boston Bomber freed.

What is this?

how come there's always, always an Eva thread in the catalog? I'm not complaining or denying that it's the aoat though

Re:Zero

No, she got simultaneously possessive and dismissive of him because everyone in Eva is fucked in the head and human relationships are complicated. Later episodes and End of Evangelion make it clear that whatever Asuka had wasn't just a crush or toying with a boy, but that she also hated herself and Shinji for having those feelings.

Because the whole website was founded because some now deceased guy to discuss his waifu

Is there anything romantic about a one-night stand?

Was wondering how long it'd take someone to post them. Still my OTP.

Except he confesses to her and she probably will respond during his lifetime. She just a half autist.

It still wasn't romantic, or healthy. Just sexual attraction between people more similar than they'd like to admit that lead to an abusive push and pull.

That's the attitude.

Personally, I can't understand why yurifags can't take it a bit from the fujos and keep shipping their OTP in peace regardless what is canon. I mean, I can understand it a bit from the Hibikefags because Kyoani blatantly baited them, but LWA isn't even giving them anything aside of the regular platonic red vs blue rivalry. I mean, there are actual yuri shows out there and LWA isn't one of it.

>my ship is never brought up in these threads
Oh thank God

It wasn't romantic or platonic, it was Freudian.

Those are legit though

She died right after telling him she liked him, so not really a romantic thing. Would have been one had she lived but... that's how the cookie crumbles.

Asuka seeks validation above all, which stems from her fear of abandonment. The logic in her subconsciousness goes: if I don't perform, I will be abandoned. That is why she always seeks to be praised in order to get the confirmation that she is still doing okay.

Shinji plays into that personality as the perfect antagonist. His passive personality means that he is not eager to approach her (thus withholding validation from her), which only drives her to pursue him more eagerly. All that flirting she does serves the purpose of getting validation as a woman, but Shinji, being who he is, doesn't grant her that as easily, which drives her furious but which is also the reason why she even interacts with him. If Shinji were more assertive, actually playing into her games, then she would have lost interest immediately.
But there's also another side of Shini - that of a rival pilot. Asuka's main source of validation is rooted in her performance as a pilot. Shinji is a threat to that, since he begins to rival her, which is another source of conflict.
The duality of Shinji as a source of romantic validation and a threat to her validation of a pilot is the ambivalence that makes her both hate him and desire him.

Romance plays a role here, but it's more complicated than that.

user, the whole first season is about God resetting the universe because of a fit of jealousy.

Lol, that's the point of the whole thread...a lot of people misunderstand it. And by the way she just left a letter after dying, and she didn't have romantic feelings, she just wanted to get the piano artist she knew back. She was a calculating bitch, who left an even deeper scar with that letter.

Jealousy because he gives others attention. We know too little about the both of them and we don't even know which of them has powers, and Kyon lying doesn't help us. People just want to see them as romantic partners, because otherwise they can't understand them, And when he kissed her it was anything but romantic.

Romantic? Nope, he just wanted a free trial of a nearly dead sexbot.

He didn't even use the goods bro...and just got a heartache out of it.

I don't know any Reifag that thinks that Shinji and Rei were ever romantic.

Its desire for validation, why do you think she keeps repeating 'So look at me!" repeatably in her mind?

Not exactly the relationship, but the story of Koe no Katachi. Haven't seen the movie, but based off the manga many people sperged out about them never kissing. It was more a story about forgiveness and coming to terms with oneself. Also it was never explicitly stated that they got together, but the ending implied it what with them working towards and helping each other with their futures. Also what with Shouko having feelings for Shouya and at one point and trying to confess to him.

People are delusional if they think Asuka would ahve feel into his arms if Shinji asked her out on a date.

Zis

Yeah, she should have fell on his dick instead.

Didn't this become canon in the novel, though? Author might be pushing for a quasi love triangle to reel people in but it's pretty obvious elf chick is meant to be the winner of the Subaru bowl.

>People are delusional if they think Asuka would ahve feel into his arms if Shinji asked her out on a date.
Didn't she ditch an actual date to hang out with Shinji, and ended up kissing him "because she was bored"?

You're dumber than the OP which is impressive.

Op of course their relationship is romantic a good part of the problems with their relationship is that they both feel romantic and sexual attraction to eachother but because of their psychological problems neither can reach out to the other leaving it a festering mess.

The kiss was described as a lie, she would have ditched him like she did with that boy she tried to date. There wasn't anything real there.

>afterwards says don't come in her room because the door is the impenetrable wall of jericho
>actually a wall that came tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down
>cries when he doesn't go into her room
>goes out and sleeps next to him
As you can see she absolutely has no interest in him silly goy

Shinji and Asuka are attracted to one another. That is canonical; however, they have a lot they hate each other for.

Lust isn't romantic.

Sup Forums can thank a part of its existence to that shitstain which I adore shitposting.

Just because Asuka said the kiss was a lie doesnt mean it. Shinji didnt react to the kiss the way he "should" have so she told a lie to dismiss it.

When you put it like that it makes Asuka seem really cute and not a total cunt.

They're fourteen. Theyre not mature enough to get romantic feelings much beyond finding each other hot.

Nope, it was described in a character song for Asuka that she kissed him with a fake kiss.

>What was it she did to break your heart
>Betray your heart and everything
>Kiss you with a kiss that wasn't true
>It wasn't you at all
>Hide behind a painted smile, did you know that
>You would live a lie or two

>what is validation
Take off your shipping goggles. Asuka used him.

>unused material is somehow relevant to the finished product
If the Master really thought it should have been in the movie, then I would've been there instead of komm susser todd
>want validation
>don't get any
>so I am gonna cry and sleep next to him when I could just get attention from anyone else
ok

user a traumatized fourteen year old girl desperate for love and attention doesnt really have the long term planning to "use" people.

Then tell me, what 'real' is?

>LASfag denies canon song because it ruins the nature of his ship
Even Miyamura has said Asuka doesn't like Shinji, but you faggots will deny it to the end. You guys will deny everything, even her sex with Touji.

Is this a clever trap to name my favorite anime romance?

>Miyamura thinks EoE should have ended with a Kaworushin wedding
>Rei's voice actor unironically ships Rei and Gendo
please tell me more why I should take these people seriously

Literally everyone in the Evangelion creative team and seiyuu cast prefer Kawoshin, its Japans favorite ship, even if I don't like it, I must accept it and so should you. Its the only person for Shinji.

Monika and YOU

No, I'm seriously interested in what you people think is 'real' , because I still can't get a grasp on what it is.