Sup Forums loves shounen manga so how about a thread about shounen manga rarely talked about?

Sup Forums loves shounen manga so how about a thread about shounen manga rarely talked about?

I can tell this is made by the Soul Eater guy just by the art style.

Not in the mood to waste my time on another train wreck.

unironically the best classic battle shonen

everything newfags like about naruto or boku no pico academia was originally done in this manga a hundred times better

More people should read Saike, best new shounen to come out it at least 5 years. I wonder why it doesn't get more love.

>Sup Forums loves shounen manga
This is what this board has come to.

Mushibugyo is rad

Soul Eater was stupid fun.

Susanoo is fucking nuts

There is nothing wrong with liking any genre/demographic

>originally

>Dragon Ball
>1984
>Kinnikuman
>1979

huh

I bet you think shounen means dragon ball and naruto.

Generally only gets talked about whenever there's a new chapter, but still fun.

Many shounen are really great though.

>look at catalog
>tons of BHA hate threads
>tons of DBS hate threads
>O MY RUBBER NEN

nope still ok

That's very clearly what OP means.

Saike is great but Birdmen is the best new shounen.

>fpbp

close enough.

I'll never tough this after the flaming pile of garbage that was Soul Eater. It was such a let down after really liking the first half.

And both are better than My Hero Academia, which most people say the best new shounen.

I like all three so call me a pleb.

Don't worry, My Hero Academia is okay. I don't hate it, I just think it's overrated. It's fun but the plot is as simple and shallow as it gets, saying it's the best shounen is just overplaying it.

people only say HxH is the best shounen (and probably should be seinen)

>Oh yeah, that existed.

I remember seeing like one episode of this on adult swim, then I never thought about it again

The manga was ok though. Too bad the romance was absent and that the really dark implications of the older brother never amounted to anything.

I love it but it's not the sort of epic power fantasy you usually get, so that might be why it didn't catch on. Doesn't seem like it's popular in Japan either.

Birdmen hardly feels like a shounen to me (not that that's a bad thing)

If this series doesn't get the homo end Touma deserves I'm gonna riot.

I guess today you need to conform to some stereotyical standards of the genre in order to be popular and Saike just doesn't do that. Kind of sad, I love the way the story combines these different elements to make a really emotional experience. At least it went for 11+ volumes so I hoped it wasn't doing too bad.

Yeah, it's weird, it's still got big fights and goofy powers, it just doesn't seem to have the same attention-grabbing aspect

Volume 8:Seeing the villain kidnap a magical baby then running off on a horned giant, then the heroes chase after him and use packing tape to send the car flying at the giant was one of the hypest moments I've read in recent manga.

it's not talked about because it never lived up to the interest of the first chapter.

HxH is good though not really new.

Where's Maka?

I liked Kekkaishi. The powers were neat, it's just a shame that latter chapters didn't really use it as creatively as some of the earlier ones did.

but that doesn't look like susanoo.

Back to your moeshit.

>it's just a shame that latter chapters didn't really use it as creatively as some of the earlier ones did.
Unfortunately true of many, many series.

I found it especially sad for Kekkaishi .The barrier powers were incredibly simple, but visually striking, unique and left a lot of room to be used creatively. Yoshimori turning out to be the typical brute with no skill but a lot of power until the end was a huge disappointment