How does Sup Forums interpret Serial Experiments Lain? Just finished my first watch

How does Sup Forums interpret Serial Experiments Lain? Just finished my first watch.

It's been talked about to death and now it's just shitposted about and used to shittalk oldfags

anywhere I could find deeper analysis?

I've read somewhere some time ago that it's the story of Christ merged with cyber / Y2K spirit of impending technology and end of millennium aesthetic. It makes sense if you think about it.

Watch it again until you know

>show is ambiguous for the watcher
>"here's what it's really about"

that's why I said "interpret." I know how I saw the show, just wanted to see how others did.

the class struggle

It's about a girl who is boring IRL but acts differently online.
The show doesn't make sense unless you've watched it at least twice.

It seems you...... DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND.

No author writes a plot that's truth is that there are multiple truths unless they absolutely state that this is their intended purpose. There is a single truth to Lain.

Peoples collective belief makes reality. People created Lain as a god on the net, scientists gave her a body and uploaded a copy of her in that body. So there is a physical lain living with her supposed parents, a net lain and an evil lain who is also her, just the bad collective beliefs about her. Masami Eiri got killed on a train and manipulates the knights beliefs to turn into a net god, ruining the line between the net and reality to rule over the real world too. He wants Lain to adore him as a god too to achieve this since a god adoring him as a god would do the trick too. But he has no real body so Lain just trashes his hardware and its done with it.

Umaru rip-off.

I disagree. I believe Lain already existed as something, and Eiri made her a body. "Evil" Lain is really just a hologram that the Knights use to repeatedly try to manipulate the real Lain. Net Lain is just Lain but more confident. Kind of like an artistic representation of her being more confident over the internet since the wired and real worlds are crossing.

Reminder that 90% of SEL fans don't realize the show is a 13 episode diss on american corruption.

lain is nazbol

Is it possible to appreciate Lain if you haven't experienced city life? I grew up in 1990s London so it has a very nostalgic atmosphere for me. Even the opening sounds quite a lot like OK Computer.

Lain is in a bear suit.

Fun fact: ABe originally wanted a black-and-white cartoon pig with "BIG OIL" painted on its side inserted into every shot, but Nakamura stopped him because he thought it would be too subtle.

I think so? I'm from a more rural area and I appreciated the aesthetic

I watched the first opposite and bailed. Whatever tone it was trying to establish was completely lost on me.