Kill la Kill's been on my backlog for a while and I just finished watching it

Kill la Kill's been on my backlog for a while and I just finished watching it.

Why do people like to meme so hard that Ryuko's top-tier edgy? I mean, the red and black design is the only thing she had that really fit the bill, yet her character isn't that different than your average shonen protag. She's had bucketloads of moments of showing that she genuinely cares, especially in the Fight Club episode (which was incidentally my favorite). Aren't edgy characters supposed to just grimace and be douchebags to everyone around them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
youtube.com/watch?v=UOHPxphYepE
youtube.com/watch?v=_3rbzlh3JHc
youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/926617266564743168
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw no edgy autistic gf

She looks like Shadow the hedgehog, it's enough.

Memes

She smiles so much

It's just a meme by people who have never watched it. It's a red flag to ignore anything they say.

That looks like a crop yet when I reverse image search it it apparently isn't.

I'm watching it for the first time right now and I just finished episode 22. Ryuko is definitely the rebellious, hard-headed archetype, and some people don't like that. I think she's alright though.

Satsuki is definitely my favorite character though. She showed plenty of hints of being more than just a fascist dictator throughout the series and once her final plan was revealed it put her over the top and made her 10/10.

>tragic backstory
>huge tomboy
>motivated by revenge
>has a uniform fueled by anger and blood
>known around the school for being scantily clad
>Runs with scissors
Still, there's nothing wrong with her edge

Her motivation for the first half of the series was a revenge quest and she had a rebellious "fuck the system" attitude. She also loses her way and goes berserk twice. That being said, she's not top-tier edgy, just somewhat edgy.

Ryuko is the Anarchist. Satsuki is the Tankie.

Satsuki's rigidly hierarchical, ruthlessly Darwinistic way of running things reminded me a lot more of a fascistic worldview than something that would come out of the Soviet Union.

>Tragic backstory (that she gets over)
>Motivated by the pursuit of truth
>Huge tomboy (but even bigger girly side)
>Has a uniform fueled by friendship and mutual understanding
>Scantily clad so that she can better communicate with her uniform
>Takes care to store her scissors in her pocket when she doesn't need them

Couldn't be less edgy

Because none of these people were here for the original fucking run... I hope you OG KLK thread boys are doing well...

I miss Rog and Tyrones debates about this show...

She does swear a lot and talk back to authority, you gotta give 'em that.

Ryuko a good girl

Anyone got the finished pic? I never did finish my set.

Kill la Kill was really mediocre, like most Trigger shows.

Is it wrong to stand up to authority when authority are a bunch of nazis and/or Lavos?

She's nice when it counts

I don't think anything will ever top Sup Forums's reaction during that one credits sequence. Shit like that is why I like the idea of simulcasting stuff. Watching things with everyone else at the same time is way more fun than just having to watch the whole thing and THEN talk about it because you have to worry about spoilers otherwise because someone's bound to have seen it before you.

>pic related
Man I couldn't agree more. This series was a fucking ride with you guys. At the time this shit was coming out it was God Tier.

>motivated by revenge
Reminder that when Satsuki asks what Ryuuko would do if Satsuki did in fact kill Ryuuko's father, Ryuuko responds that she has no idea. Satsuki claims this is proof Ryuuko has no ambition, but missed the point: Ryuuko is after closure first and foremost, and it's only after Satsuki jerks her chain for a whole season and Nui mocks her that she finally snaps. Even after snapping, she still takes the time to ask Nui /why/.

Reminder that Ryuuko's earliest flashback to the scene of her father's murder includes an accurate silhouette of Nui, which morphs to Satsuki's shape after she evades the question enough. Girl got under Ryuuko's skin bad.

The fucking OST of this is insane.

This image would be great if it wasn't so overdone. No shaky irises, no cum waterfall out the mouth, less cartoony mindbreak and more real terror.

It's one of the best I've ever heard. Everything about the show, from the visual style to the story to the characters to the music, is completely over the top and ridiculous but also awesome at the same time.

The OST is the best thing to come out of it for sure. Until My Body is Dry is almost Gainax tier.

This. That's why she's the best.

Full frontal when?

Because she's gay and no one liked her so they made her edgy.
Also they shipped her with the wrong person even after her and her girlfriend went on a date to prove how salty they were.

Just because of this thread I have re downloaded the OST onto my phone.

Thanks for reminding me that somehow I managed to never fap to her.
mostly because other girls cone to mind

youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

RULES OF NATURE

She's not gay, she's a yarndere

Yeah, freedom of speech and eating food is just overrated.

But she's not a-OH. Oh. I see what you did there.

Who here excite?

I tried to tone down the eye twitching but I'm starting to think it only made it worse.

It could be good
They just need to remember to not fuck up the middle like they usually do

Do we have any idea what it's actually about?

SOON

We have to get through Robotics;Notes 2.0 first boys.

Satsuki's theme fucking slays me every time, I swear

>Triple-Q

Why was Satsuki such a cute baby?

>her and her girlfriend
She and nui went on a date?

The eyebrows

Anyone have the full version of the KR OOO/KLK ending comparison image?

Hakodate best grill

I think those two were made for each other

>youtube.com/watch?v=UOHPxphYepE

This was a 2013 thing you had to be there to get it

Pretty much this what this poster said
only it goes far beyond merely looking like Shadow the Hedgehog. Kill la Kill is basically a complete retelling of Sonic Adventure 2, with Ryoko being a less edgy Shadow.

Confirmed for never having actually watched Kill la Kill before.

youtube.com/watch?v=_3rbzlh3JHc

>Ryuko's top-tier edgy
Because she's literally edgy; sharp angles everywhere and she uses a blade.

Confirmed for never having actually played Sonic Adventure 2 before.
>Seeking revenge for father/creator's death
>Artificially made partially out of evil alien stuff
>has some memory loss
>red and black color scheme
>rival has a blue color scheme
>golden super form
>giant evil thing takes control of satellite in last ditch effort to crash into Earth

Don't get me wrong, there's still more differences than similarities, but the similarities are still striking enough that it makes sense the edgy Ryoko meme exists.

>>Artificially made partially out of evil alien stuff
Wasn't that not a thing until Shadow got his own game

That was long before KLK came out

I'm still here
Satsuki is still best girl

I miss it a lot

>no more Dosh King threads
It hurts, I want to go back.

Never forget.

youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw

>almost 5 years since this happened

You faggots invading Satsuki threads made me laugh my ass off for weeks

>tfw I'm getting older
>tfw nearly a decade on 4chin

It only lasted for the first 3 episodes or so. When people realized how silly the show was, they appreciated it.

FASTER

Ryuko was at her most attractive in non-Senketsu outfits, and nothing is hotter than her being in her sneakers in nothing but her underwear.

Why does Ryuuko wear shimapan?

>Seeking revenge for father/creator's death
Shadow was seeking revenge for Maria, she didn't create him nor was she his father.
>Artificially made partially out of evil alien stuff
True
>has some memory loss
Ryuko had no memory loss of any kind.
>golden super form
If anything that's a rip off of Super Saiyan, since that came first and is a lot more likely.
>giant evil thing takes control of satellite in last ditch effort to crash into Earth
Ragyo didn't take control of the satellite to crash into the earth, she did it to try and broadcast the life fiber awakening signal.

>dubfags

More importantly, are you a pleb or do you recognize who the best girl in the show is?

>Why do people like to meme so hard that Ryuko's top-tier edgy?
She isn't, it was autistic IRC fags shitposting.

>>rival has a blue color scheme
>99% white with some blue trim
>blue color scheme
What?

>>golden super form
Do you not watch any anime or other Japanese media? Or Asian media at all? They're obsessed with gold.

I think we all know that it is Satsuki.

Speaking of dubs, does anyone know why Ryuuko's english dub voice sounds like a fucking dude?

>dubs
Check these instead

Just watch it.

Because dubs are shit.

>KlK was 4 years ago
what

She's nice
I would've liked it if we had a bit more scenes focused on her casual/school life, though that's just wishful thinking.
I might've liked the OVA more if it was just SoL on her normal life after the show.

>these two sluts are getting 2 new lewd figures
>Nui still doesn't have even one figure

Is there any justice in this world?

/r/ing does anyone have the gif of Mako eating a sandwich?

POOR

MAN'S

GURREN

LAGAAN

Good taste

Reminder that Gurren Lagann is shit.

>there's still more differences than similarities

It only got like SA2 near the end, before then it was reminding me of a more coherent BlazBlue with a mix of Chrono Trigger than anything.

Also not only is Satsuki the polar opposite of Sonic, she's not even blue,

>that Satsuki fig

Thank goodness. While I think nui was a little bitch, she had a good character design and it’s a shame she hasn’t even gotten a nendo

Shimapan is cute, and Ryuko likes cute clothes

There also was a Satsuki saved christmas one.

Why is she naked?

Reminder tgat Shadiw liking kill la kill is canon.

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/926617266564743168

>All that typical mary sue OC backstory
And the worst part is that every single thing she is saying about shadow is true.

When is Ryoku the one liking shadow, is cute. But when is backwards, IS CRINGE AS FUCK.