ITT: The most retarded weapons you've ever had the displeasure of witnessing

I'll start, I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jiGOOBVxUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There was this shonen manga I read with the MC using a whip to turn on several sticks of dynamite.

But it’s explained later it’s retarded for a reason.

it may be retarded for being needlessly large but it its still cool.

Giant mecha

most of the time bleach swords are just wizard wands that they use for shooting their spirit magic

what about giant mecha with roller blades

Any sword that isnt a Katana

You're not wrong!
I wish we saw his bankai

But that's literally just the shitty half-way point between a sword and some vines. It makes sense, and it seems to work to some degree, so it's not THAT bad

Even worse. The weight of the giant mech would make the wheels completely useless.

Gutts's plastic sword
Every large weapon is annoying, if you just used a smaller one with same strenght itd move faster, do more damage and you'd have to remove less armor from the blades path.

The vines are sick as fuck, man. That's his true Shikai and it's great. But not his initial Shikai when he doesn't call it's true name: that just looks ridiculous.

>a smaller one with same strenght
But then you'd need a smaller one with the same strength. I don't think that exists. That's why they use the bigger one.

He's talking about arm strength. Most swords don't have muscles.

The problem is he kept breaking small swords. "Do more damage" only works if the sword doesn't shatter on impact.

To be fair, the increased weight would generally allow for more bludgeoning force with a large swing. Armor is a lot stronger than some shows/movies would have you believe, and in reality cutting through it with a sword is essentially impossible, so bludgeoning them is the only way to deal significant damage. Of course using a sword that size would still be slower, less precise, and make you weaker if you didn't build momentum with a swing, but it could be useful to have a giant one in some circumstances (I agree a smaller one would usually be better though).

Actually theres a point in dimishing returns so weight will be more useful than speed. Also try smashing your tiny sword against tanks RHA

What he really needs is a mace or a hammer. The shape of the weapon is detrimental to the bludgeoning power it could deliver.
He's not using it as a sword anyway, so why bother with a "blade"?

>every large weapon is annoying

A faggot detected

Mace head would shatter the shaft given forces involved

>Most swords don't have muscles.
I found one that does

>He's not using it as a sword anyway
Wtf are you even talking about???

The motion is different. He basically just strikes at people. He doesn't cut them (as in, push- or draw-cutting). Not that it'd do him a whole lot of good. He CAN'T cut through people. The only way to get a blade 10 inch thick through a human body is to use lots of kinetic energy and just burst your way through, essentially ripping the victim apart.
The shape would have to reflect the enormous stresses such an oversized weapon would produce.

>using the one example where it makes sense

Guts using a gigantic fucking sword is explained. He used a big fucking longsword when he was still a child, and learned to fight with an oversized sword. As he grew older, he just kept using bigger and bigger swords. Dragonslayer is just the culmination.

Meanwhile, characters in other stories using giant ass swords don't make sense.

"Why is he using that?"

"Because he's so strong and it looks SO COOL!"

No more explanation.

Not from an anime or manga but whatever, I still can't get over how the handle is too big for his hand to fit around.

Ohhh okay, I see what you mean.
But it's also a shounen manga lol xddd

this 100%

Stretchy body. I thought that was retarded when I first saw OP 17 years ago or so and I think worse of it now.

>it makes sense
It doesn't.
>Dragonslayer is just the culmination.
It's horribly balanced. It's too heavy to be used even by somebody with superhuman strength. It's too thick to cut. It's all-around bad.

Any time katanas are depicted as indestructible weapons capable of cutting through stone and steel. Even stupider when they cut through "FILTHY GAIJIN STEEL".

Japanese steel is shitty and brittle. Gif related.

That's not how wheels work

holy fuck that handle

>emoticons

It makes sense within the universe of Berserk where magic and demons are a thing. Guts using a giant ass sword isn't an asspull.

And yes, it's too thick to cut. He uses it more as a mace than anything else, and you'd know that if you read Berserk. Don't watch the latest anime though, it'll give you cancer. The only times it "cuts" is when he's using it against large targets. Smaller targets aren't cut as much as they're blown to pieces or crushed. Though it's from the more recent anime, this scene depicts it well:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jiGOOBVxUk

>implying
Superhuman implies youre still a human, Guts zips around faster than mach 1, weight is irrelevant

When you walk over soft terrain, your feet will sink a little into the ground. But that doesn't stop you, because you can just lift them up and move on.
When you have wheels, then having to lift them away from the ground renders them useless.
Further, the ability of wheels to turn depends on friction. The friction on the axis increases with the weight that lies on them. (but this is really a minor point, compared to the first one)

>where magic and demons are a thing.
Guts is neither.
>Guts using a giant ass sword isn't an asspull.
No one is calling it an aasspull. It's a plot hole. Or basically, cartoon physics.
>and you'd know that if you read Berserk.
I do. I'm pointing out the ways in which the weapon does not make sense.
For a mace, it's still horribly balanced.

This gif has been discussed to death and you're retarded for posting it.

>Guts is neither.
Another proof that you know fucking nothing.
>No one is calling it an aasspull. It's a plot hole. Or basically, cartoon physics.
A plot hole is an asspull. There is no plot hole. His ability to use such a massive weapon is fully explained.
>I do. I'm pointing out the ways in which the weapon does not make sense.
And yet you don't know about the Golden Age arc, you don't know that Guts isn't a normal human, you don't know that Dragonslayer has taken on magic properties from slaying apostles...

Yeah, done replying to you.

>that gif
>prove anything

>A plot hole is an asspull.
False.
>His ability to use such a massive weapon is fully explained.
Given cartoon physics, yes.
>you don't know that Guts isn't a normal human,
Now I'm curious. What did you read into the text that I did not?
>Dragonslayer has taken on magic properties from slaying apostles...
Which would be irrelevant to the discussion because Guts was the first person to wield the stupid thing.

>it’s retarded for a reason.

Retarded for a reason is still retarded.

For a reason.

But still retarded.

>katana depicted was confirmed to be some cheap mass produced model
>people still use it to death to try prove something

Mass produced steel is usually good as or better than handmade stuff

Sword replica are usually the only things that get even worse metal than the original swords.

That's why God invented rubber

Original swords had shit metal compared to modern stuff though. Its simply thanks to advancement in material technology and production capabilities.

So it was better quality than actual katanas.

That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron.

No, rubber wheels (or rubber wheels filled with air) are for your comfort, not for dealing with your sinking into the ground.
That's why tanks don't have rubber tracks. They have steel tracks.
And they can't go over a certain size because otherwise they'll be unable to move.

And making your axis out of rubber does not seem like a good idea.

>Original swords had shit metal compared to modern stuff though.
Yes, that's precisely the point that I am addressing in my post. Modern replicas are typically really shit.

Well, he does cut through people. Just like a huge slab of metal would cut someone in half if it was thrown at them at a 100 miles per hour. You don't need the thing to be sharp when it weighs that much and moves that fast.

Nobody said the entire wheel had to be rubber. You were bitching about traction and rubber fixes that. Surface area is the other thing. This is a world with mechas yet you're attempting to hinder it with logic from a world without

>You were bitching about traction
Not traction. "Friction".
And no, rubber does not fix that.
>Surface area is the other thing.
Yeah man, let's just give the robots feet as large as the robots are tall.
Where are you going with this line of reasoning?
>This is a world with mechas yet you're attempting to hinder it with logic from a world without
I suspect we have different ideas what this thread is about.

Why are you responding to that faggot? He's saying "black" every time someone says "white".

Do you not understand the concept of fiction, you dumb nigger?

I'm not sure how I hurt your feelings, but I'm sorry.

Yes, and good fiction is coherent.

that means it was better quality than actual katanas lol

>let's just give the robots feet as large as the robots are tall.
It's not a giant mecha though.

>not embracing brittleness and making your weapons out of volcanic glass that forms edges literally a single molecule thick

The Mesoamerican's knew what was up.

I don't even care that it's retarded, I love it.

Thinking about how it could be used in actual combat, I suspect it would either deal less damage than a normal war hammer, or else ruin your wrist.

Nope, good fiction does not need to abide by reality's rules. That's what makes it fiction.

>>>
*sigh, one sword is reinforced by the top of the table, the opposite result would occur if the swords swapped places, this has been discussed to death.

You can be coherent and different from reality at the same time.

Ah yes the auto bapper 5000. A deadly choice of a weapon indeed

I don't think either of you understand what "coherent" means. If you wrote a story where your character go cool themselves off by standing in front of windmills, people would rightly call you a stupid asshole if you excused it as "it's fiction!"

To what, reality?
Do you not know what fiction is, user?

False equivalency.

????? What the fuck are you talking about?
That's a really shitty comparison

If your story runs with the idea that wind is created by windmills, I don't see the problem.

Unless they were magical windmills.

In Raildex the windmills were turned by the MISAKAs in order to create wind.

This "test" was made by 'welt der wunder', which is a really shitty show which is running in germany.
It is really unscientific, full of half-truths and sometimes even flat out bullshit.

>unrealistic stuff is portrayed in fiction
Oh, really? I had no idea. This is definitely a good reason for you to get triggered.

Coherent means you can expect similar results from a similar situation.

In Berserk's case in this thread, Miura just changed a few laws of physics to let Guts wield the dragon slayer. Aside from that and Guts superhuman abilities, it's mostly coherent. 200kg metal cleaves through humans and apostles alike, simple as that.

In the katana's case, most series just go by more skills means more things too cut. Look at Gintoki. He uses a wooden sword against practically anything without it being destroyed. Yet some of the opponents who are about as strong as him (or stronger) still manage to break it. That's coherent, but not realistic

neat

Unless if this isn't established as normal thing to do in this story's laws, there's actually no issue here.

If you pulled the trigger, the whole thing would just explode, wouldn't it?

>this thread
>hurrrr y is anime not realistic
Jesus, just fuck off.

Nice bait.

>Sup Forums
Why am I not surprised.
Kill yourself.

I really want to find some of the people drawing this shit and just ask "WHY?"

What/who were they fighting?

They'd tell you that it looks cool.

Doing the ol' bait n' switch huh?
Go fuck yourself.

Jesus you must be baiting because your all your qns are answered if you have even read the chapter that the Dragonslayer introduced.

Decomposer is where it's at, even though it makes even less sense.

>Fools