Is Space Dandy any good?

Is Space Dandy any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6lXq353lay4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The opening and a few episodes were

But is it a show worth watching the whole way through? I'm a sucker for 26 episodes.

It's amazing if you care about animation, there's so many big animators that worked in this show.
It can be really fun or touching at times, too.

It's many good.

There are some good episodes, but there are also quite a few duds.
The show is animated very well and is more consistently nice to look at than a lot of things.

sub or dub and why

There's only like 3-4 bad episodes

it's one of my favorites. I'd suggest at least trying it.

Dub because fuck you

sub because it's ridiculously quotable

speesu dandi wa uchi no dandi dearu

I say that shit in the shower and crack up every time

I dropped it after episode 6. It was quite meh. The humor wasn't that funny (there was only one joke that made me laugh) and the sad moments felt too forced. The resets take away what little tension the action has, and make caring for anything that happens in the show, pointless.

Fuck off, weeboo!

Yes. There are a couple great episodes and a couple bad ones but most of them are at least decent.

Was it good? Yeah

Dealers choice they're both great

what's amazing about space dandy is that every episode was directed by a different person, so each one really feels different from the others, which also plays into the whole multiple universes theme. quite poetic actually

yes. also I groove to this nightly

youtube.com/watch?v=6lXq353lay4

Extremely good, since it's episodic some episodes are a lot better then others but I don't remember any straight bad ones. I personally loved it although it is a bit more "western"

The first season is pretty mixed. Some episodes are great, others can be a bit meh, some are just bad. I myself didn't like it too much and didn't bother watching season 2 until 2 years later. I'm glad I forced myself to watch it though. Season 2 is much better and the show finally comes into itself, both commercially and artistically. I can only think of 1 bad episode in season 2 (and it's the worst episode overall) but most of the episodes range from good to great to perfect.

Watch it OP. First season might feel like a chore at times but season 2 will more than makeup for it.

What makes it "western"?

honestly, either one is good

If you're into this type of show just watch Star Trek.

What's this show about even?

boobies

I unfortunately can't articulate it super well but I'll try: the way the jokes were structured seem more western then Japanese, not overbearing with Japanese references/tropes, and for instance if someone not really familiar with anime watched the english dub they could very well think it was made for/in the west.

A dandy guy in space

another great animu by Watanabe

animation is great, soundtrack is decent, episodes have variety but have something for everyone, dub and sub are both good.

スペースダンディは宇宙のダンディである
At least say it right

It’s what happens when you give a bunch of japanese nutcases essentially unlimited creative freedom and budget. Worth looking at for that reason alone.

space dandy was my aoty that year.

Yes.

A lot of good

Do you plan to ask for every show you'll stream?

A World With No Sadness, Baby is the best episode

This.
the show can be a hit or miss, some people dont enjoy it. but everyone should at least TRY it for this reason alone.

Better than both Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.

funny how you mist the best part just because of your low attention span

Anime is just eye-candy with an average plot on the side.

Watch it if you want to see pretty lights and animations
Don't watch it if you're looking for story or plot.

You know nothing of artistic merit
kill yourself FAGGOT

it is pretty good,is best if you take it as an episodic thing,some ep are good some are bad,but the good ep are so good that you dont mind the bad ones

Dub is great

Literally just a guy going on adventures

It's fucking amazing.

Yes. This is a show that has a little something for everyone, so if you're not feeling an episode, keep going. Season 1 is mostly funny hijinx, season 2 is where things get really surreal and experimental.