How was Archer able to cast UBW? Wasn't the whole point that Shirou's twisted view on the world was the root of UBW...

How was Archer able to cast UBW? Wasn't the whole point that Shirou's twisted view on the world was the root of UBW? What am i missing?

He copied it.

Archer and Shirou have something in common.

Maybe because he's the same fucking person with the same fucking worldview?

Shirou is the red man.

Maybe you didn't understand my question. I know who Archer is. Wasn't Shirou's worldview the thing that made possible to cast the reality marble? Archer clearly understands that he knows his path is wrong AND he regrets have taken it, therefore the way he percieves the world is different from Shirou. In HF Shirou himself states that Shirou and Archer's path it's different and that he can't reproduce UBW, but why Archer allowed to cast UBW if he has completelly lost his way in the path he chose? Is there something i am missing?
How can you remain being the same person once you have lost faith in the only thing that kept you moving?

UBW represents his soul, not his ideals. It's about his self sacrificial nature and how he can only be happy by making others happy, which Redman still has. Remember that his origin is literally Sword - so he will always live his life akin to a sword, no matter what, which is exactly why he has sword-related powers.
In HF, the UBW he can't reproduce is Archer's UBW, not his own. He still has his own UBW even after the ending, because it's part of his being. His UBW was different in UBW too, it's a representation of his soul, so it changes along with him.

Damn that's deep.

Alright i think i get it now. To cast a reality marble you have to be an autist, have the right soul and have enough mana to cast it.

Pretty much. You don't get to replace the world with your own unless you are just that detached and autistic. Or a vampire. Or a Servant who needs wank.

>unless you are just that detached and autistic.

Doesn't explain rider

>Or a Servant who needs wank.

You could theoretically use a reality marble as a super non-autist but there's no guarantee it's useful for what you want. Plus it's useless to most magi because it can't (usually) be passed down and magi are all about NG+ing with their knowledge and eugenics.

"Does this help me get to the root? Will this help further my research and be useful to my descendants?"

They're advanced things but usually magi are also not people who can only cast one spell like Shirou.

Dead Apostles develop it because they're either Sacchin or because they're fucking bored and live for hundreds of years/are immortal. They do whatever they want. Who the fuck cares.

>bromanced so hard he performed a miracle that would be deemed autistic even for a trained mage
truly /ourguy/

DUDE did nothing, the Throne just had to give him something because he's that much of a shitter otherwise

They are still rare as fuck, to the point where if the Clock Tower ever knew about Shirou's RM, they'd immediately give him a Sealing Designation to turn him into a guinea pig to experiment and study forever. There's probably less than a few dozen people throughout history who actually managed to reach a RM without cheating (so excluding DA and Servants)

It's rare as fuck to humans to the point that only 1 in a billion people developed it in the modern era. And since RM are staples of Top rank DA and cannot be learned by normal magus that is why it's a target of SD.

I thought he couldn't use it in HF because by discarding his ideals he became too different from Archer to use it as it was

>muh tamashi

>To cast a reality marble you have to be an autist
You have to be an autist essentially to the point of being so alien to the world that you can overwrite it, but yes. That's why DAA's, aliens, and gods can have then. I think Emiya is like, the 8th known human to ever get one?

Ionian Heteroi is a irregularity. Rider alone isn't capable of it, but can due to all of his mens hopes and dreams or some shit. So I'd guess it would collapse if you kill enough of them inside of it.

Nah. He has his own UBW in HF, it just hasn't materialized yet. The other issue is, it and who Shirou is in HF is more at odds with EMIYA and his arm/UBW - which are invading his body and messing things up.

He can, in theory, manifest his own UBW post-HF, if he follows his different ideal to the same level of insanity/idiocy that Archer did, and trains himself to materialise it. Whether he will is unknown, because the story ends there. He can't access Archer's UBW directly because Archer's UBW is different, which is also what causes all the fuckery with his body throughout that route.

Same as Shirou in UBW is different to Archer Emiya, and Shirou in Fate is different to Archer Emiya. We know that he doesn't become Archer in any of the routes we see, but each have slightly different ideals that allow them, with training, to manifest their own variant of UBW. UBW Shirou is almost certainly the furthest along, because he got to see, experience, and gain a huge pile of extra weapons from Archer's UBW in that route, and is probably 10-15 years ahead of where Archer was at his age.

>So I'd guess it would collapse if you kill enough of them inside of it.
It does, but it does that because once deployed it's the collective mana of the soldier Servants who sustain it, not Rider's own reserves.