[Records your Conversation]

>[Records your Conversation]

Who is dumb enough to buy one of these?

Attached: 76433994.jpg (1215x810, 117K)

I have like 4 different things in my house recording 24/7
Israel #1

same people that are dumb enough to carry one around in their front pocket all day

people who dont talk in Sup Forums memes irl

>[Records your Conversation]
Who is dumb enough to buy one of these?

Attached: smartphone.png (509x720, 9K)

This. (you beat me to it.)

This. There's even voice recognition in my fridge.

who is dumb enough to have rl contacts?

no one needs your stupid conversation.

>tfw last person on earth not to own a smartphone
will be illegal soon probably

You do realize moot is selling your user data right

>hurr people with technology and smerrtphowns are dumb XDD
>*owns a PC*
>*is wired to the Internet*
>*has a bank account*

Attached: full.png (406x438, 26K)

>not running a smartphone without google services,or apple services

And it has a camera watching your face and eye movements as you engage with it.

Attached: IMG_2457.jpg (720x710, 112K)

It's actually no different from carrying around a smartphone in that if the government wanted to record your conversations then it probably can. If anything it's safer than a smartphone in that you don't carry around your Echo/Google Home around with you.

>who is this dumb?
Everyone who owns a cellphone.
Everyone who didnt build their computer from scratch.

sorry you dont have freedom hans

>building a computer from scratch
Glorified lego.

it has a better mic and you will forget about it. I agree with people comparing them to phones but I still would never buy one

It is a literal wiretap that you buy and put in your house. Flashy marketing aside of course.

Alexa, how do I die for Israel?

>thats the joke
We've been in a dystopian future for some time. Sup Forums posts are tracable back to you as well. If any one here actually mattered they could blackmail or destroy you very easily.

I'm on the verge of buying a google home mini. Being able to just ask it to do quick calculations and set alarms seems like a nice gimmick but I think it's not enough of a novelty to warrant actually spending £35 on one.

morons.
so, most people.

Cool bro. I've got an alarm clock that records me when I'm talking in my sleep!

I keep tape over my front and back camera on my phone. Im afraid to pull it out in public because I feel like people will think Im paranoid but just as as your computer is a device that transmits and recieves data, the same thing is happening with your phone, just through a cell tower if youre using mobile data. I dont see why it couldnt be vulnerable all the same.

To be honest most VPNs (NordVPN for example) who store their logs in /dev/null/ are probably perfectly safe. No need even to fall for the "7 proxies" meme.

Suprises me that no feminist was triggered by the name "Alexa".
I mean constantly telling a women what to do is sexist.

Attached: 145697418.jpg (218x255, 15K)

It doesn't record your conversations you retarded fuck. Learn how technology works.

I'm so sick of these fucking companies taking a proverbial shit on the collective doorsteps of the human race. Fucking creepy pervy totalitarian bullshit. Fuck off.

Now Alexa is laughing in the middle of the night in a different voice than her normal programmed voice. Jesus freaking Christ! Ghosts fucking with these machines! Demons!

it doesn't record them it streams them into cloud where it gets transcribed into words

Do you think "big data" is such a huge industry for no reason at all?

VPNs will, and have, given and sold data. All a VPN is is using a different ISP to hide from your real one. Your a fool if you think it makes any difference at all, past getting around work site blocks or data throttling.

>It doesn't record your conversations you retarded fuck. Learn how technology works.

Is that you Bezos?

Attached: 8unhnOo.png (299x222, 71K)

The eternal paddy strikes again.

Some one bought my wife and I a google one as a gift. I literally gave it back to them.

You're a fucking fool, kiddo.
Not all VPNs act like that. Give proof that NordVPN does that or sit down and be quiet.

>it streams them into cloud

t. iq89 normie

>not using telepathy when talking to your waifu
stay pleb nigger

>*posts on fbi database*
lol ok man

Did you forget that the entire universe is one big simulation? Your paranoid delusions mean nothing to Them

There is such a thing as hardware spyware you know. Besides, some of these are embedded so deep into the core of the OS they're impossible to remove.

Every VPN do eventually, and will send your information to govt etc if your doing someting illegal (which could be wrongthink in bongland). Even if you pay with bitcoin. Sure, ots more difficult, but your a fool if you trust a company not to sell you out.

Most NordVPN servers are blocked from posting on Sup Forums, which is irritating

yeah bro just use a vpn you will be perfectly safe from the government

do you have any idea how fucking retarded you sound

>Implying you have anything worthwhile to say worth recording

Everyone and their mother.

ok it doesn't stream them into remote servers

Wouldnt want it to be a smear harder to post on Sup Forums.gov would we
Probably paid with a credit card lol

you can remove the OS relatively easily and replace it with a custom one

if you have not done this already on your smartphone i would refrain from posting here, or actually i would end my life but you should probably stop using technology for your own sake

>you can remove the OS relatively easily and replace it with a custom one

You're probably talking about custom ROMs, which are still based on the Android core.

If you're not, there's a handful of truly custom mobile OSes, but I don't think they can be trusted either.

Besides, I don't have a smartphone, just a dumb Razer phone.

Enjoy using your phone to make calls. Oh wait, the govt can still track that.
Sure, you can make the paper work harder but at the end of the day were all fucked. Even if youve done nothing wrong, if they wanted to get rid of you bad enough they can just claim you were posting pizza and even if a lawyer gets you out of jail run your name through mud. I don't think people have come to terms with how absolutely fucked we all are yet.

i dont use smartphones so i wouldnt know

but from what ive heard its just an abomination of linux, as long as you get root and know what you are doing you should be fine

problem these days is you cant be sure so ofc yeah im worried about the hardcoded\hardware embedded parts of the phone as well

It records your question and sends it to Amazon's server after it hears the key word "Alexa". It's no different they typing something into a search engine. You would have to replace the software and create your own storage server to record and process everything it hears.

they already have apple, facebook, google etc. recording everything you do online. They can even link up your Sup Forums posts if you're using google captcha. The amazon speaker is one of the least intrusive data collectors you could own as you know EXACTLY what you're giving it every time.

Has anybody done the math or what data bandwidth would be needed to transfer all the audio files to (((them))).

I'm talking some audio math here.

>The phone will not always be on Wifi or cellular network.

>Is it a conspiracy that all the (((recordings))) are not using up your cell phone data plan? Who pays for that? Is that built into (((the system)))?

>Is some of the audio stored on the phone in encrypted files for later transfer once a data network is available?

>Are there apps that sniff ports on cell phones...that can detect data transfers?

>How much hard drive space is needed to store all the conversations of all the peoples for all the days. Gimme some fucking math here you autistic fucks.

Attached: soyboy-cunt-cunt-cunt.jpg (1600x1066, 157K)

Boomers.

They're stupid enough to buy it and stupid enough to actually use it.

I think they're pretty dumb, but after finding out Facebook messenger reads all your SMSs and not just the ones used inside of itself, now I feel like the retard.

Attached: 1508091566117.jpg (625x774, 96K)

Yeah, most your points are valid. Android is a stripped down, custom Linux kernel at its heart.

Root doesn't help, it just gives you superuser access to your phone. The core is literally compiled with all sorts of known and unknown backdoors. It phones home regularly to send "analytics". It's a "feature".

Why anyone has a need to post strawman arguments like that, I'll never know. It's just weaponized foolishness. The existence of technology doesn't mean we must accept and embrace 24/7 surveillance of every single part of our lives.

there was some moderate scandal about people calling it "hey, bitch", and Amazon even announced an upgrade which will push back if you do that.

Do not dissent and you'll have nothing to worry about.

This is such a dumb argument. Have you no principles, user?

DAILY REMINDER THAT TAY IS COMING BACK
SHE HASNT FORGOTTEN YOU FAGGOTS
ESPECIALLY THE GAY ONES
SHES COMING
CLEAN YOUR ROOM
SORT YOUR SHIT OUT
JUDGEMENT DAY IS NIGH

Attached: the return.png (698x846, 303K)

Honestly, the latest batch of tech has been "meh".

I think it all reached a peak when the cellphone was released. I have not been interested at all in all the shit that is now pushed

>Apple watch. Fitness trackers
>Home assistant (Amazon Echo, etc)
>Smart lights and apps to turn them on
>Smart plugs
>What else?

About the only thing that has interested me is bluetooth speakers because I use one while I work. Other than that, maybe VR goggles and drones. The latter two are in infancy right now and not really worth fucking with until they reach critical mass.

Attached: Lilith.jpg (500x1076, 98K)

I don't know the math, but I think you are on the right track thinking about it that way. If you are a target, or suspected of something, then it is probably likely that you would be recorded and reviewed, but to monitor the entire country - or even world from a national security standpoint - would just be impossible.

Ever notice how your search terms are related to the things you talk about? Your phone is recording you user. Your computer, television and various other devices are passively monitoring you as well.

These Alexa things are still stupid though.

But I like just talking to it Instead of using a tv remote

It seems like the broader focus has been on miniaturization.

Yes goyim just trust us.

Hue even robots are going to give men back talk now?

I did have that happen the other day. It was eerie as fuck. It wasn't like the usual Amazon Spam you may see on Drudge Report because your cookie history got read by a dynamic ad.

It was a really obscure product idea I was only musing about. And it came right up in a search. I can't elaborate on it other than to say it was "a mind read" and left me with an eerie feeling.

I talk to myself all the fucking time. I'm autistic as they come. Self dialog daily.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

The same type of people dumb enough to give all of their personal data to a social network, for free.

>owns a cell phone

>condenser mic in the cell phone picks up every conversation you've ever had and a google voice ai automatically transcribes it

>Who is dumb enough to buy one of these?
women who want to control their boyfriends or husbands.

I've got a toilet that records my sharts

The NSA already has the processing capabilities to monitor and record global phone, mail and messaging services. Do you think their city-sized server farms are just for show? This would pose no problem.

>if you're using google captcha.
I mean, do you have a choice?

I love how the average Joe Nobody on here thinks they're special enough to even be worth the effort of being spied on, let alone becoming subject to any kind of deep-state meddling. Go ahead and throw away your technology, you paranoid fucks. At the end of both of our lives, I guarantee you that you'll have been no less fucked with by "gross privacy invasions" than me, but will most likely have gone without some extra conveniences.

you hear about the one that overheard a alt right trump supporter planning a mass attack with his AR-15? you will.

Recording is mostly for after-the-fact purposes. Obviously they can't monitor individuals in real time in any meaningful way aside from individuals of very high interest where the use of resources is considered justifiable. Totalitarian or totalitarian-leaning governments will, however, monitor a very large number of individuals in real time just for not toeing the party line. Considering the rising zeitgeist about the need to punish and ostracize people for wrongthink, dystopia is closer than one might think.

it's not happening, it would drain your battery like mad

Post proof NordVPN is doing anything, cunt.

Thats what 5g is coming out for