Xi Jingping reinstates himself as indefinet leader of PROC

There probably was a thread about this already but honestly, this scares the shit out of me, more than North Korea. Especially considering it was virtually completely undisputed by his cabinet. What do you guys think about China abolishing term limits?

Attached: images.jpg (434x339, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SEw9Kc7R6-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think you’re a retard that can’t spell indefinite

I had to spell something wrong to prove im Australian :)

It's pretty overblown to be honest. The Jiang to Hu transfer of power and subsequent stepping down of Hu that constitutes the precedent for the "two term limit" is more complicated than most media outlets depict it as.
Hu was pretty much a puppet underneath the thumb of Jiang. Under his administration we saw a lot of the same stuff that began with Jiang's administration continued (ie crony capitalism/business interests infiltrating the Communist Party, GDP as a primary criteria for promotions, relatively lax controls on media and civil society).
To begin with, term limits were created by Deng as a sort of way that the different cliques within the CCP could share power. For example, the 6-4 Incident was an inter-clique conflict within the Party, but that's a different topic altogether.
Back on topic, Hu was the candidate for a different clique within the Communist Party than Jiang, but Jiang was too strong and managed to keep Hu and his clique from really gaining power. So, the 8 years of his administration had Jiang and his associates pulling the strings from behind the curtain. Many people in China noticed that Hu didn't have much of a public presence compared to Jiang or Deng or Mao, he seemed kind of like a robot at times, without a personality to speak of.
I know that the Jiang clique also tried to maintain power after the Hu transition as well. For example, Bo Xilai was a rising star within the Party, and was a likely candidate for the Presidency following the Hu administration. He was purged for corruption, along with most of his clique. The Jiang clique initially thought that Xi could be controlled like Hu, since Xi is a bit of a "robot" himself. From what my uncle has told me (he met with Xi when he was party chief in Zhejiang), Xi doesn't have much of a presence. (continued because character limit)

Source: Chinese currently on business in Singapore, both my father and uncle are reasonably high ranking (provincial-level) Communist Party members

If war breaks out on the south china sea which side will your government be on?

Xi being controlled by Hu? What? Also who was behind purging Bo?

Bo was pretty much the polar opposite, he was a very strong personality compared to Xi, with a lot of personal charisma. So Jiang Zemin eliminated him. It's possible that Xi was in on this as well.
Once Xi was in power, it became obvious that he wanted to be a power player, not a puppet like Hu, with the anti-corruption campaign (actually a purge), for example.
He made some enemies with this move, obviously the Jiang clique, that wanted to retain control behind the scenes, as well as the PLA (which was one of the most corrupt institutions in China, but that's a different story too). Not many people know this, but Hu actually vanished for several weeks during the beginning of his administration. The rumor is that someone (maybe some generals in the PLA, backed by Jiang's clique) tried to kill him in a staged traffic accident. He managed to live, and the anti-corruption campaign continued. If you look at which officials have been affected, it's disproportionately members of Jiang's clique, along with the PLA, which was completely reorganized with Xi at the top recently. Pretty much all of the high profile corruption cases are just political purges, because at the top, everybody is completely dirty.
So a while ago, Jiang Zemin showed up at the 19th Party Congress. This isn't new, because he's been around at basically all the big Party events since he's stepped down, but this time it was more of Xi parading Jiang around like a prisoner, since Xi's essentially "won" at this point, and diminished Jiang and his clique's power. The fact that he didn't declare a successor earlier this year, and the term limit abolishing wasn't much of a surprise to any Party seniors. He's shown that he wants to rule for at least 20 years, like Jiang did, but upfront, not behind the shadows like Jiang did.

Jiang controlled Hu, and he thought that he could control Xi in the same way

so basically you're saying this is a chinese mafia series, and we are in Xi age?

honestly, who gives a shit
china has always been an authoritarian mess. literally ALWAYS.
republicanism is anathema to china like to no other nation

>this scares the shit out of me
Why?
China won't change and I'd rather have a stable despot than an ever-changing one.

If you mean Singapore, the PAP has big investments in China and the United States. The sense that my father and uncle have is that Singaporeans are fair weather friends despite being our co-ethnics. Ultimately, if war breaks out in the South China Sea between the US and China they'll try to remain as uninvolved and neutral as possible, or side with the US, because the PLA is not a match for the US military.

shouldn't you be a little careful shit-talking them? dont wanna be an unexpected organ donor

Best news U.S. could have. Despotic countries arent able to react to dynamic world conditions as fast or effectively as free world countries. His emphasis on control will stagnate China and they will suffer to Burgers gain.

Now we just need to crash the Petro dollar so that we can get our own house in order while we have the money to afford renewable energy independance.

Yep

Shame we didn't get Based Madman Bo, he would have been way more entertaining.
youtube.com/watch?v=SEw9Kc7R6-Y

Intra-party conflict has been the defining feature of Chinese politics since 1949. If you think about it, each of our "godfathers" (Mao, Deng, Jiang) ruled for around 20 years each. It wasn't much of a stretch to expect Xi to do the same.

Good stuff user. Retro Sup Forums like before the trump/shill/thot/nogf/Jordan Peterson bullshit era we're currently weathering.

In the U.S. we have happs like Gordan Chang predicting the collapse of China as we know it. Then we also have those saying "better learn to speak Chinese" and so on. What's your opinion on the health of the Chinese political system?

It's absolutely fine. A lot of political speculation and gossip happens in the Party, especially during banqueting. That might be one reason why Xi cracked down on official banquets. But if you've noticed, I haven't said anything negative about Xi or his clique. After all, it was Jiang who created the sense of decay within the Party and society at large :)
Both Jiang and Bo are now things of the past, so I'm not worried about them retaliating.

>Despotic countries arent able to react to dynamic world conditions as fast or effectively as free world countries
It's the other way around, retard.
Take a good hard look at your dysfunctional Congress before you talk shit about a "lack of dynamism".

My countries economic interests lie with China but culturally and militarily we are alligned with USA. If Xi continues his aggressive foreign policy war might just occur. We'll be forced to fight with US and its allies but we'll experience a painful hit ti our economy as most of our imports come from China.

>as most of our imports come from China
Then you must change this.

The problem in China is the lack of free speech, lack of an investigative press, more than authoritarism per se. As Singapore user said, the "anti-corruption" movement is just show. Some liberalization would be good for business and workers.

BTW, three-branch government is pretty much a freak of the Americas. Outside Latin America and the U.S., parliamentary systems offer executive leadership within a freedom system.

Shut up, you filthy kike

It's obviously more nuanced than either view, but that goes without saying. Overall, I'd say that it's much more fragile than the common people think here in China. The Party knows how easy a small protest can be amplified and escalate into a full-on revolution, so controls on media and the Internet are absolutely necessary. Chinese are still relatively poor with little to lose in a civil war. Perhaps if economic development continues on the current trend for another 10 to 20 years, the vast majority will feel that it's too expensive to revolt, but China in the present time is in a more fragile state than it ever has been (people are more politically conscious and demanding but also comparatively economically disadvantaged).
One of the biggest worries I think is the state of the PLA. It's a very corrupt organization, with very dubious actual warfighting capability. Most officers spend the majority of their time doing business, since members of the military have legal advantages as well as political connections to the Party. For example, one of my uncle's classmates, who was a garrison commander in the 1990s essentially commandeered some free land in the province that had precious metals, used his troops to build and operate a mine, and made quite a fortune doing so. He's retired now, and does property development (another industry that needs political connections). But the point is, the PLA isn't a military organization, it's a sort of country within the country with a lot of interests in natural resources, real estate, even banking, that happens to also have military equipment.

>lack of an investigative press
Oh, so like the USA?

>Some liberalization would be good for business and workers
China is vastly outpacing America. I don't think they have a need in emulating your retarded ass-backwards 200-year-old legally-corruptible system.

>with very dubious actual warfighting capability.
Since the war (where you trashed India) in the 50's there's only been a bit of UN peacekeeping and tiny skirmishes right?

Interesting. Some people in the U.S. argue a main reason for the Iraq and Afghanistan involvement is to keep the U.S. military "ready" by having people with actual combat experience. Given that China hasn't had any outside military conflict for decades, I wonder if the politicial class would welcome some type of engagement to harden the PLA.

They invaded Vietnam after Saigon fell.

Xi wants to liberate Taiwan, so the state of the PLA is a big priority for him. He killed two birds with one stone, by completely rehauling the PLA's internal organizations, while also improving it's actual fighting capability, though it remains to be seen how effective it's been. The sense I get from my father and uncle is that there's still very little faith in their fighting actual ability, and so China has been attempting to bring Taiwanese under the umbrella economically.
I see Taiwan being reincorporated into China within the next 15 years as an inevitability as long as the PRC still exists. Within the Party there's a strong sense that Xi sees reunification as one of the central legacies of his rule. Anecdotally, every single one of China's post-Mao leaders (Deng, Jiang, Hu) visited Mt Tai within the first term of their administration. Mt Tai is the holiest mountain in Chinese folk religion, and it's where all the Emperors of China visited at the start of their reign, in order to legitimize it, in the eyes of heaven. Xi hasn't visited yet, and a lot of Party members (including my father and uncle) are speculating that he won't do so until China has been reunified. A bit of historical mumbo-jumbo perhaps, but I'm certain that there's some sort of significance behind his refusal to go to Mt Tai.

China will be fine.

>indefinet
>expected resignation in 5 years
Learn some English Pajeet

>an inevitability
I'm not sure I agree there. (provided both that their economy stays functioning and the US continues to see them as a dear vassal obviously)

They have some for counter-insurgent missions in Xinjian.

China banned the word N and all images of Winnie the Pooh, because it challenges Xi's power , this is utterly terrifying, he is for all intensive purposes the next Mao

Slaughtering a bunch of unarmes civilians isn't exactly combat,

The PLA of the 1950s and the current day are completely different beasts. When Deng liberalized the economy, the PLA underwent massive decay. The situation is worse now, as even in the 1980s, there were still older servicemen with memories of Korea. Nobody in the PLA nowadays has ever seen live combat, and a lot of the officer corps are there because they see it as a means towards political advancement, rather than service to the country.
I know that we're involved in South Sudan on peacekeeping missions on Xi's orders, precisely for this reason.

It's a bit over exaggerating. CCP used to banned mockery of Jiang and Hu as well.

Attached: Winnie the pooh.jpg (1885x943, 439K)

>replying to copy pasta "anecdotes" some gook/pajeet pulled out of his ass

Saigon had nothing to do with the start of the border skirmishes with China half a decade later. Its like saying China invaded Vietnam after Stalingrad fell. Thats just gook spins to excuse getting raped by China.
>huehue we just "defeated" the USA that why we lost so much before we "defeated" China

I was being sarcastic mate! But in all seriousness , as a soldier assigned to that region of the world, I had to hear about that supposed ban for the past month from all my franatic superiors, it was quite annoying

They let me back in last month.

Canada is going to be receiving less fentanyl this year.

Attached: chicoms again edition.png (280x274, 40K)

So what is the reason for being so possessive of Taiwan? Is it just a 70 year old holdover from the civil war? Seems points. Like Singapore user said, they seem fine with a respectful distance from their ethnic brothers in the city state.

>unarmed
They got knives and cars. They're dangerous.

That isn't the PLA that does peacekeeping in Xinjiang, it's the People's Armed Police, a parallel paramilitary organization for keeping the peace within the country. Like the National Guard in the US.

*pointless.

But Chinese seem to hold long grudges. Most mainlanders I've met still hate Japan, which seems unthinkable for Westerners to not have moved on by now. Then again, we still have 98 year old Nazi get sentenced to prison.

Is that what all those military vehicles with WJ on the white license plates means?

A. Taiwan is the remnant of their enemy from the civil war.
B. The US using them as a forward base (it is how it's seen from the mainland)

Imagine the following scifi scenario, a Confederate holdout right of your coast receiving weaponry and protection from the neo-Soviet Union or some shit. Would it be strange for the old men in washington to be obsessed over it?

Well, in your scenario the main reason Washington wouldn't deal with the Confederate Bermuda or whatever is that they'd oppose dealing with a slavery nation. Similarly, it seems China's main objection to Taiwan is simply that it's free and prosperous. As I understand it, Xi's "original thought" added to the party doctrine is to emphasize "Chinese values" of collectivism and authoritarianism. Taiwan shows those values aren't ethnic traits.

>Similarly, it seems China's main objection to Taiwan is simply that it's free and prosperous.
There's also the realpolitics (taiwan being allowed to hold the UN seat for decades after being driven of the mainland), them providing various insurgents groups within China with weaponry and money and again, the thing about the US using Taiwan as an excuse to parade aircraft carriers right of their coast.

>is the lack of free speech, lack of an investigative press, more than authoritarism per se
As if the US isn't just as authoritarian.
As if journalists in the US don't get assassinated or found "suicided with 3 bullets to the head and thrown off a building while on fire".
As if your entire political system is not corrupt and controlled by lobbyists, rich men and corporations.
As if Congress works in your interest and not in the economic interests of rich men and other countries (like Israel, China, whoever pays more).

As if your investigative press ever changed anything.

China will, unfortunately, outlast and outgrow the US, for many reasons.
The US is not really "united" anymore, it's minority white, corrupt to the core with a toxic culture.

"China" the nation will, we were taping about the PRC in is currently form. All what you said about the U.S. is true, but it's still less corrupt with more prosperity and justice than China right now.

And yes, investigate press changes things all the time. Investigative journalism torpedoed Roy Moore. For example.

u got rekt faggot by my niggas

No its even more simple.

China just hates American freedoms and the American way of life and thats why everything they do is evil because god is on side of America.
Can you be any less ignorant about real politics?

>The PLA of the 1950s and the current day are completely different beasts.
>The PLA underwent massive decay.
>The situation is worse now, as even in the 1980s,
Except for the whole modernization since the 80s, turning China into the worlds 3rd largest weapons exporter, making it the second or third all modern weapons technology advancements, fielding a larger navy than Japan and so on...
>Nobody in the PLA nowadays has ever seen live combat
Except all the 70s Sino-Vietnamese war vets, 80s Sino Indian border skirmish vets, 80s Sino Vietnam skirmish vets, 21st century Syrian war observers, 21st intelligence observing literally all relevant live combat in the word, 21st century African coorps fights with Pirates and Africans rebels.

Obviously you cant win wars with some slug bombing white blobs on a screen from miles away. Nerds popping aircraft with lasers out of the sky is not real combat training. Only real ground wars preferably hand to hand brawls after being dropped from a blackhawk on the ground is relevant "combat experience" in warfare these days.

Your autistic butthurt about China is showing through your LARP

None of the observer shit you mentioned is combat experience comparable the military operations the U.S. dI'd this century. You even mentioned conflicts from the Mao era ffs.

America is more "good" than China. Political and individual freedom are preferable to communist dictatorship. Why the fuck would a nazi meme flag defend a Stalinist regime?

>America is more "good" than China.
Yeah no, fuck off jewish, cultural marxist mutt. And keep your subversion you're forcing on everyone through CIA to your own Mordor-like country.

Attached: amerimutt brainwashing.png (633x744, 819K)

>2016
>Obama admin
Nice that free and fair elections, uniterrupted for two centuries, can have such a drastic change because on the will of the people, no?

The problems in the U.S. stem from the people here, not the system they're in. The opposite is true in China, and hence Taiwan is a threat to that flawed system by showing ethnic Chinese a different way is viable.

>so what if the statement was objectively wrong I have some big predictable strawman argument here that you already addressed in your last paragraph
Try harder Pajeet.

>Stalinist
I'm not sure your definition of stalinist lines up with the definition used by others.

>t. assmad Chink hiding behind a Nazi flag

Attached: 2D45F7F0-FBB2-4EF0-BDEE-7D528E9095C6.jpg (992x744, 77K)

>Only real ground wars preferably hand to hand brawls after being dropped from a blackhawk on the ground is relevant "combat experience" in warfare these days.

Your concept of war is out of an 80s Chuck Norris movie but other posters are the ones larping?

The Chinese people are better than their political system. There's no reason that state planning is vital to their success. Again, Taiwan proves this.

madlad

Russia is better, or do you want to be ruled by China, because you wont be doing it yourself. you'll be some other countries bitch, so you better deiced who you like better.