Trying to find the core of christianity, the world view...

trying to find the core of christianity, the world view. something must have driven men for thousands of years to hold onto it.

Is it the fear of death? the resurrection? or something else

Can we still believe in the face of modern science

Attached: philokalia-monk.png (440x630, 566K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9LN79gB3M&t
youtube.com/watch?v=3JIYQTNbnNE
youtube.com/watch?v=vJo1OZcLtlA
youtube.com/watch?v=SyXQSUT4_hI
youtube.com/watch?v=nsljFA7y4n8
youtube.com/watch?v=K_4RFoknrwc
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI
youtube.com/watch?v=ftJ1wvf4ev0
youtube.com/watch?v=G1o4V6gxXpk
youtu.be/Yeo_ATsyel4
youtu.be/SPs7jdfaib0
youtu.be/sLaSMLSgEmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr99qZhH7ec
youtube.com/watch?v=i_8sIq50gsI
youtube.com/watch?v=VB_hUdRKi4o
youtube.com/watch?v=I0TldH5urIY
youtube.com/watch?v=d-MOOMaYfjw
biblehub.com/kjv/hebrews/11.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=X2Z4WeWeluk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because its the truth.
People are too scared to accept it.
Religion is the true science.

Truth.
Look for it.
If you will be rigorous you won't miss it.

It's the lazy man's religion.

"Accept" the gift Jesus had to give you and you're in.

should I read something like the philokalia or should the bible be enough. I find it difficult to embrace though I know deep down it is something special

Heretic

Why is the Bible true?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9LN79gB3M&t

Satan's Ministers Are Condemned By James 2 (Justification by Faith alone is a heresy)(5 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=3JIYQTNbnNE

The Best Bible Passage To Refute Once Saved Always Saved and Faith Alone (6 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=vJo1OZcLtlA

The Key to John 3:16 (Salvation IS NOT assured by Faith alone) (8 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=SyXQSUT4_hI

Protestants Err on "The Golden Chain of Redemption" and Once Saved Always Saved. (10 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=nsljFA7y4n8

Can a Christian LOSE Salvation ? YES! (14 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=K_4RFoknrwc

Documentary: Protestantism's Big Justification Lie (1hr 33minutes)
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8

The one true church is in eclipse
Babylon has Fallen!
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI

Apocalypse 17:8 Fulfilled

Revelation 18:2 Just Happened

Padre Pio: Satan Would “Come To Rule A False Church”
youtu.be/Yeo_ATsyel4

The Beast that Was, and Is Not, Has Returned
youtu.be/SPs7jdfaib0

St. Malachy's Prophecy of the Popes and Antipopes
youtu.be/sLaSMLSgEmQ

End-Times Temple Of God
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr99qZhH7ec

Is the World about to End?
youtube.com/watch?v=i_8sIq50gsI

3rd secret of Fatima, St. Malachy's prophesies

youtube.com/watch?v=VB_hUdRKi4o

youtu.be/SPs7jdfaib0

youtu.be/sLaSMLSgEmQ

St. Robert Bellarmine, De Romano Pontifice, II, 30: “… for men are not bound, or able to read hearts; BUT WHEN THEY SEE THAT SOMEONE IS A HERETIC BY HIS EXTERNAL WORKS, THEY JUDGE HIM TO BE A HERETIC PURE AND SIMPLE, AND CONDEMN HIM AS A HERETIC.”

The Catholic Encyclopedia
, “Heresy,” 1914, Vol. 7, p. 261: “
The pope himself, if notoriously guilty of heresy, would cease to be pope because he would cease to be a member of the Church.”

Idea of inherent worth of Good Men, Pure Virgin Women Who are Submissive To Their Men, Trust in An Authority Apart From Government ((( ))), and The Mystique of Blood That Heals and Serpents Who Lie

Because it has been the only religion allowed for 1600 years in Europe and man naturally seeks a higher meaning.

Attached: 1490630016025.jpg (734x729, 91K)

Christianity is the only religious belief that gives a plausible and coherent explanation for the existence of humankind in this universe.

It's also the only religious belief that gives humankind meaning to their lives, and hope for a better future.

This seems plausible and reasonable to me

The joy and tragedy of the Incarnation. That God would become a man, and that because he was too good for us, we killed him.

>Denying the salvific power of Christ dying on the cross for us
>Trusting in your own rightouesness
Enjoy burning in hell, liar.

youtube.com/watch?v=I0TldH5urIY
youtube.com/watch?v=d-MOOMaYfjw

Attached: catholicism - idolatry.png (592x572, 405K)

The resurrection. Jesus was first. We will all have a glorified body like that when he returns.

It is God's love for us.

>Can we still believe in the face of modern science
You say that as if it contradicts modern science. But it does not. Unless of course you take literally the things that were only ever meant to be symbolic.

If you want a logical support you need to begin to study metaphysics starting with Aristotle and ending with Thomas Aquinas.
If you want to test "Jesus" remember that Himself said "I'm the way,the life and the Truth" so live following his teaching inside his Church and verify yourself.
If you look for the faith, pray.

People used to live for hundreds of years, but your precious science denies that.

If God is real why did he create black people

>only thousands of years

A insignificant dust particle in the storm. Christianity had its chance and now its gone.

Yeah, because people don't live to be hundreds of years old today, and why would that have changed? Science is a logical method of solving problems without a simple solution. Religion is just the "simple" solution, but science is not antithetical to religion.

As long as people still profit by that book, the book will remain.

I've read aristotle, neitzche and kierkegaard. (not aquinas though)

I know religion could be a way of orienting myself in the world practically, but I still fear that perhaps I would be deluding myself.

trying to make that leap of faith for a while now but I just can't do it

The old Gods awakens. Can you feel it?

Darwin destroyed Christianity and from the ashes will the old way be birth anew.

Get right with the Gods, get right with your ancestors.

Attached: 1497634198765.png (624x434, 103K)

Because Black Lives Matter you silly billy.

>I've read aristotle, neitzche and kierkegaard.

You should try reading Paul.

biblehub.com/kjv/hebrews/11.htm

Attached: paul 1 timothy 6.jpg (779x550, 369K)

Not if you want to be logically consistent.

Religious people will scorn others for being "infantile", yet ironically, there is nothing more infantile that believing in a cosmic father figure.

Religion is for the weak.

I love this argument. It completely mistells the story of Christ.

Christ comes to save the Jews to be their messiah and fulfill all these prophecies. Jews have slowly become corrupt. Keep thinking Christ is going to be a super warrior and conquer the globe where all Jews will be his barons ruling over the non Jews.

Then Christ gets here and sees what the Jews have become. Decadent haters of god who have swapped god for worshipping satanic idols and greed.

Christ decides not to be the king they wanted and instead tries to rectify things. Takes all the good Jews left and makes them his disciples.

Bad Jews eventually kill him.

Christ as a last righteous punishment on the Jews takes away their chosen status and gives it to EVERYONE just by believing on him. Undoing all the Jew plots and prophecies of them ruling the earth etc and forbidding them from heaven and everlasting life.

Jews so mad that they try to fight the romans and get the shit kicked out of them.

Jews then go so fucking crazy they pretend that they become their own messiah and attempt to force what Christ had already taken from them.

The bible is the greatest instant karma book out there. Jews literally thought they were so powerful they could go against God and then God comes to earth and tells them they're all satanic scum and then TAKES AWAY any chance for them to get to heaven and gives it to everyone they thought they were going to subjugate and rule over.

Why do you think they hate Jesus so much?

thanks I'll take a look

>You say that as if it contradicts modern science. But it does not. Unless of course you take literally the things that were only ever meant to be symbolic.

Was Jesus rising from the dead only symbolic then?

>Christianity is the only religious belief that gives a plausible and coherent explanation for the existence of humankind in this universe.

You're clearly not familiar with evolution by natural selection.

>Is it the fear of death?
mostly
>the resurrection?
people dont believe it
no

Read City of God by Augustine.
It formed the foundation of civilization in Europe.
Right up until the illuminists abandoned it in favour of secular humanism and the city of man.

>For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
It's right there in the book.
Also you have to do what's right, even if your friends all abandon you and you get unfairly tortured to death.

You're clearly not familiar with evolution by natural selection.

> atheist who can't go 10 minutes without telling someone they are an atheist by accusing believers of the exact thing they are doing

the further you take science the more evidence there is of a divine creator.

>why would that have changed
You actually have to want to know the answer before asking questions like that, user.; that's maturity.

>short-term ability, or strength, is everything

>contradicts himself, expects to be taken seriously

If you are very serious about religion, if you seek God above all, if you study the bible, if you practice it, if you meditate, if you think, if you compare what you see in the bible with the world, you'll sooner or later come to terms with the acceptance of gnosticism.

The god of the bible is a fallen angel or a minor deity that rebelled and sent his accursed son to fool us all, the serpent is the true god or a symbol of the true god, accept this truth and seek gnosis, that is, experientially knowing in person the true God.

the only way you can save yourself is through The Trice Great Sminem

Attached: sminemjesus.png (550x443, 571K)

contradict self how?

most people who consider themselves christians dont believe in a literal resurrection nor any of the other magic tricks

Can you move this shit to the insecure morons forum?

shut up you stupid sheep
you wouldn't know the truth if it was shoved in your face because it would go against your indoctrination

Quick rundown?

Please, grow up. I am talking from a metaphysical point of view. Evolution gives no explanation as to the why of human beings coming into existence, it only describes the process.

>comes into a thread he doesn't like
>shows scorn
>expects to be given wisdom
You're not ready for answers.

>the further you take science the more evidence there is of a divine creator.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Also, which creator?

Zeus?
Ra?
Thor?

Evidence of reality is just that, evidence of reality.

It's not evidence of the supernatural.

According to faith-heads, there can be no such thing anyway, otherwise you wouldn't need faith, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Science is a tool, not a way of life.

Protestant detected.

Weekend warriors, hope you make the best of it. :^)

Undercover Jesuit detected.

Evolution is for those who believe in fairy tales.

hahaha, i see so you dont actually have a point

most people not believing the magic tricks is a matter of fact, your self-assessed wisdom has no bearing on it

>rumored to be reincarnation of Thoth/Hermes
>has never felt sadness in his life
>single handedly hacked the US election
>fights the jews and the NWO single handedly
>the jewish collective unconsciouss fears the Thrice Great Sminem
>rules the world with a subtle touch
>the last descendant of a royal Rusaryan bloodline
>exposed worldwide pedophilia networks
>crypto billionaire from age of 12
>master of the physical and astral plane
>has the ability to instantly manifest objects
>vibrations from his voice can cure cancer
>holds the key of wisdom
>wasn't born and cannot die
>a circle has no end nor beginning
>Bogdanoffs rumored to have a shrine to Sminem
>Bogs bow down to his superior pure genetics.
>rumored to be descended starseed DNA of Plejaren/Lyrian/pure Rusaryan origin

>Evolution gives no explanation as to the why

The 'how' question and the 'why' question are the same question.

If you want to imply purpose or forethought to our existence, or the existence of rocks, or the existence of oxygen, you're more than welcome to demonstrate it.

As yet, no human has been able to, and I doubt you're going to break that pattern here on Sup Forums.

Your face.

Attached: 23.jpg (601x508, 28K)

Could be a form of long term biblic baton pass timespace relays, anons.

Attached: Religion&CultChecklist.jpg (1204x820, 179K)

A good system needs to be simple and robust enough to work for everyone. Lots of systems that work if you are wealthy / healthy / smart stop working if you are not.

>You're clearly not familiar with evolution by natural selection.

Evolution by natural selection cannot create free will. Unless you're a determinist (in which case I can write you off as a retard) the ONLY explanation for how humans stand categorically unique against all other apparent matter in the entire universe for possessing agency is something that can only be given to us by a personal deity, which the Bible explains.

Genesis 2:7
>And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

We are formed from the "dust of the ground" as any other object, but we have a ghost in the machine, a soul, and it's where we derive our capacity for agency from. You cannot inherent agency from non-agency, and if physics is all dominoes interacting together in a chain back to the big bang there's no room for our very obvious observations and personal experience of free will. God is independent of causality as he is outside of time, and thus in his power can grant us his unique capacity for choice. This is why the Bible says
>So God created man in his own image

Attached: 1500732998530.jpg (461x375, 38K)

I'm a nobody, some letter on your screen, I can't solve your fears as much i solved mine.
Last thing i can suggest is to read some hagiography your doubts have been experienced even by the greatest Saints.
Saint Augustine of Hippo.
Saint Teresa D Avila.
Saint Jeanne D Arc.
And on and on....have faith :).

>rules the world with a subtle touch
holy kek! My sides :D

Attached: MY SIDES pepe.jpg (226x223, 8K)

My life is better when I try to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. It's not a piece of cake like everyone makes it out to be. People will mockingly say all you need to do is confess your sins and you're good. In truth, you are to confess and turn away from the sin you committed. If you don't do that then your belief comes into question. Do you really believe in God if you consciously commit and repent of the same sin over and over again? Being Christian means being Christ-like. If you continue to sin, are you really a Christian?

The bloodline of Cain.

You atheists are on thin ice.
Sorry leaf.
Time to wake up.
Science is a blind man groping an elephant.
Listen to that voice in the back of your head that is screaming at you to listen.

ironic coming from a person who believe in tales crafted by tribe of snakes

Attached: whydidutellme.jpg (630x630, 73K)

>Evolution by natural selection cannot create free will.

It doesn't need to. Free will is an illusion, like the horizon.

All of your shite about the "soul" is equally stupid and incoherent.

I'm spiritual and counter religious
can you understand this concept or are more epitaphs coming my way

I don't care to imply anything. You either arrive at a conclusion, through study, and using logic and reason, that there is a metaphysical source to the existence of the universe, or you don't.

Asking for proof of this source is dishonest atheistic nonsense. Obviously, unless you have gone to the other side, and came back, and therefore are capable or articulating a concrete, human level description of what is, then you cannot know what is.

You can only arrive at possibilities based on what your mind can conceive as possibilities.

Shills are coming.
Put your demiurge up in your ass, for what i know your kin like it up there, you may even find that divine sparkle and ascend to lucifer if you shove it deep enough.

all of cains descendants died in the flood of noah according to bible, the young earth creationist answer is actually to say that one of noahs wife gave birth to one of each race somehow

its ture.. the Spirit of God gives us a faith in the scriptures

Attached: haveyouevenreaddawkins.jpg (816x424, 370K)

>Free will is an illusion

Then why are you engaging in debate? If you're actually a determinist debating with me is literally as insane as negotiating with a cloud to get it stop raining, or chastising a rock for rolling down a hill the "wrong" way. After all I have no more capacity to change the course I'm heading in than they do.

I've actually already found my divine spark, I didn't need to do anything sexual or inmoral to find it, likewise I've already personally known God, He isn't lucifer.

So how's it going for ya, are you ready for hell?

>the serpent is the true god or a symbol of the true god
And there you have it, The TRIBE OF SNAKES!
fucking lying pieces of human garbage
This is what I rebel against, this is the cancer that has ruined our lives for thousands of years.
FUCK YOUR SNAKES

Modern science is bunk. Step back for a second. What do we truly know?

youtube.com/watch?v=X2Z4WeWeluk go to 7:22 and tell me what that is

>not believing in tales crafted by a tribe of snakes

read this

So you rebel against god and worship the devil?
>but my book says
Relax faggot, it's just a book, one written by jews at that, how come you haven't noticied anything wrong with listening to the idea of god of the jews?

It may be ture. But, is it turing complete?

I'm not actually that bored,, user., to search through a thread to find a stale insult. You cuckeeists (cuckold atheists) are the ones who like needless inconvenience and wasteful trouble.

>Obviously, unless you have gone to the other side, and came back, and therefore are capable or articulating a concrete, human level description of what is, then you cannot know what is.

So why do you accept claims of an "otherside" if by your own admission you have no way of knowing it exists?

Humans came into being 250,000, when natural section Favored Homo Hindelburgnesis with bigger brains, which made them smarter, then, whens random Mutation made the modern human, they speciated (inbred a crap ton) to Create modern humans, which spread through all the world

don't give me the circumstance bullshit, there's a million factors effecting it, climate, other species change and becoming extinct etc.

this is why God let the moors invade you

>Then why are you engaging in debate?

Because it's currently entertaining, and I enjoy being right.

Actually, that's what happened to christians, just like the black plague happened to christians.

you're speaking to me with snake-talk, i don't care for it
and there you have the ad-hominem epitaphs like the good little programmed boy you are
Now you can tell your priest what a great pious follower you are!

everyone was "christian" in Europe back then fag

wait what, what ab out the fucking Arabs effected, it caused the end of the fucking illkhanate you moron!

Not like you had a choice either, you'd be beheaded.

Why do you write "christians", they probably believed it more than you.

IT IS FINISHED/ THE DEBT IS PAID

Attached: Dali_Crucifixion_hypercube.jpg (726x1139, 130K)

Makes you think

Attached: 1453938862461.jpg (850x400, 61K)

>Because it's currently entertaining

So you would be equally justified in getting into a debate with a cloud provided you found it "currently entertaining"?

>turing
wait, what do you mean by turing complete?

Attached: formerjewconfessions.jpg (1150x855, 520K)

I've never let up with personal attacks against you, user. Your theatrics are entertaining, though.

>BU BU BUH MY RELIGION MUST BE RIGHT, OR WHAT ABOUT ALL THAT TIME I SPENT BEING A SLAVE?!!?
>YOU MEAN IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING??

yes, indeed, you did all that kneeling, praying, donating for nothing

haha no

Wait, so NO OTHER ANIMALS have free will?, not gorillas, chimps, bonobos, dolphins, dogs and other animals? then again, you cant argue with the fact WE have a "reptilian" brain in our brain.

so you have nothing, thanks for letting me know ahead of time to ignore you
thumbsup.png

Probably because they were illiterate UN-educated Spaniards hiding some where in the slums of Toledo?