Shows your are terrified of rewatching because you're afraid that they won't hold up

>Shows your are terrified of rewatching because you're afraid that they won't hold up.

I used to adore the show so much and put a lot of money into it (bought a bunch of expensive shit). I'm going to watch it on the 10th anniversary, and I'm terrified it won't be as good.

Well, Spice and Wolf didn't hold up for me. When i first saw it i was still young and dreamed about finding a good girl to spend my life with doing stuff that i like.
Now i just don't see the point in anything Lawrence and Horo are doing, so i can't feel happy for them or find their relationships desirable.

>tfw there will never be a season 3

Typically I decide I don't like the thing before I rewatch it, when I go down that path. Thus not rewatching it in the first place.

Don't worry friendo, I've rewatched Spice and wolf a few times and it always felt the same. Honestly reading the books kinda killed the show for me because the show never lived up to the books excellence.

Oh, I wanna do that too.
Been looking for a reason to re-watch the show and that seems like a good one.

Honestly the books were a slog to get through vol 1-5. Reading him made the story seem a lot more slow and boring then the show. But that's probably because I was reading the stuff but I had already seen adapted and knew what was going to happen. I first found the show in like 2012 or 2011, took me years to get up the vol 5, and that's as far as I've gotten.

Try getting rid of the anxiety that you invested a lot of money in something and appreciate it for the memories and experiences it gave you.

I won't lose hope!

When's the anniversary exactly? Was meaning to watch it again myself (for the fourth time I think).

Full metal panic, especially since the new series is coming. It's not my first anime, but it's the one that made me "serious" about anime, so I have nostalgia for it.

Imagine being this emotionally disconnected that you can no longer enjoy a piece of media because you let real world perceptions invade into a fantasy.

I'm imagining, and its not a pleasant idea

You can just watch it whenever you want to.

January 9th.

I went back to S&W recently and I think I enjoyed it even more.

still waifu after 9 years

The best waifu

don't be a pussy

The music is still good

There will never be enough Horo images, and the rate of new ones only decreases with time.

There was a very nice uptick with the new novels. Daughteru is also cute.

Did you read the books? The books are surprisingly well written to be a LN.

Read the rest of the thread.

The anime held up for me but the books didn't, strangely enough. If you read them objectively without that rush of HORO AND LAWRENCE'S CONTINUING ADVENTURES most of them are actually kinda boring and pointless. The finale wasted a lot of potential, too.

The first bunch and the last few I really liked. The middle-later bit, Cole's cockblock adventures, and anything written from the perspective of the dog, were way to slow.

I didn't mind the ending, the climax was nice, and the wedding preparations book was relaxing (though definitely bordered on filler)

Yea, I watched this again recently and it didn't hold up at all, main characters were thoroughly unlikeable by the second season. I can only imagine what other ""Sup Forums classics"" must look like now that my naivety glasses are off.