youtu.be/zuW_qSQXFx0
youtube.com/watch?v=PmRep9srYe4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like the guitar riff on MMO susume.

HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND

Too bad the show is shit.

HIT ME ON THE GROUND no contest, good thing that the show is amazing.

>HIT ME ON THE GROUND vs gay soy boi shit
Pretty apparent.

Inuyashiki. The other OPs aren't really all that impressive, the visuals are very normal things (characters walking around scenery, etc).

I think they’re all pretty good. Are
You sure you’re not playing favorites?

MiA is superior because of Bonerdad.

If it's only out of this then Inuyashiki
If it's out of everything this year I don't understand how anyone can not choose Maid Dragon's OP as the best.

It’s kind of funny how everybody is saying Inuyashiki. Out of the four I thought it had the worst visuals and animation.

>Children of the Whales
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DSs-Qi5-o
Holy shit, is this JC staffa? Should I pick this up?

Yes you definitely should. There’s a musical number in the middle of episode seven.

In my opinion Children of the Whales and Magus Bride are racing for best anime of the year.

OP of the year

youtube.com/watch?v=pITNm95Sd1k

>Should I pick this up?
It's AotS so far, along with MahoYome.

How about no.

MiA is the AOTY, there's no way a show can top it this year.

It's amazing to look at, but the story's kind of wonky and overly slow. There's worse stuff to spend your time on, though.

It's very pretty, but in terms of story and characters it's a poor man's Shinsekai no Yori

They keep one upping each other every week. One week I think it’s definitely going to be Magus bride and the other Whales comes out with something amazing of its own.

Shitposter is full force tonight it seems.

>everyone who criticizes anything is a shitposter

You're probably the same faggot who was in yesterday's thread claiming that anyone who complained about the episode was a "sekrit club weeb" who was just angry that Netflix had licensed it in English.

If you look past the beautiful visuals and setting, it's the most generic premise in the world, with the blandest stock of characters this season. Pink hair is the most stupidly unlikable, overdone character of the season, protagonist is garbage, and the pacing is awful. And seriously, it's a massive Shisekai Yori rip-off. Hell even Attack on Titan is better while being similar.

But Houseki no Kuni already topped it.

I haven't seen Shinsekai no Yori, but Kujira no Kora has good art, some very interesting worldbuilding concepts/cultures and absolutely bland as fuck and forgettable cast. The pacing is very uneven and it seems like the episodes are being pulled 3 ways by different directors with different visions.

Why does Netflix bother you so much? If the show is good it’s good.

Don’t listen to this guy. He hates the show because Netflix is involved and nothing else.

Also
>666
Yea, it’s safe to say you shouldn’t believe anything he says.

Haven't seen Whale Children, and don't care enough to check that youtube link, but out of the others, MiA is definitely the most visually impressive, Magus Bride intro is pretty bland despite the series itself being well above average visually, and Inuyashiki is just below average CGI.

All three songs are solid though for different reasons. Magus is probably the most impressive, Inuyashiki is catchiest, and MiA is above average in both categories.

You’re going to miss out on possibly the best anime of the year. Like I said Whales and Magis Bride are currently racing for best anime of the year. I’ve seen Abyss and in my opinion both of them are already better.

JUNNA is the most impressive singer but the visuals are meh.

I don't even hate the show, I just think it has some super glaring flaws. It's interesting enough that I haven't yet dropped it.

I love Made in Abyss but the opening is pretty generic aside from the beautiful visuals. Same for Mahoutsukai no Yome and Children of the Whales.
Inuyashiki's more unique.

HELL NO. Don't. I picked it up since it began airing and it just gets worse every episode, especially from episode 4. The setting and art are very interesting, but the execution is terrible.
-MC is boring and is just another weak male self-insert while the 2 other main characters are much more interesting. Not a good sign. Even the 2 other main characters fall in character tropes.
-Fast pacing and exposition dump in the first episode totally kills the world-building
-Awkward dialogues, especially from episode 4 onwards. There's no subtlety in characters' words and the dialogues feel like they're "forced" and come across as cringy.
-There's supposed to be a tragic twist in one of the earlier episodes and they tried to make it deep that it just doesn't even affect the viewer whatsoever.
Seeing people here actually saying that it's a contender for AOTS and even AOTY is pretty shocking.
I'm sure the manga is much better in story execution.

Magus*

Usually when people are this passionate about hating a series it only means it’s good.

youtube.com/watch?v=C9MuI4gfyiA

I like this.

I think you mean it gets better and better each episode. I think it’s going to be one of the best anime series ever by the time it’s over.

I was actually planning on picking it up, especially since I'm usually a sucker for those types of shows, but something turned me off at the last moment. Now I just don't have the time to pick up another show this season.

Well I’m not forcing you to do anything but I severely regret not watching Madoka while it aired with everybody on Sup Forums and now it’s one of my favorite shows and now I have a feeling of being left out in a way that lingers within my heart. I’m just warning you from somebody who has been there before.*

Just thinking about missing the tenth episode of Madoka and seeing how everybody reacted and being a part of it myself is pretty sad and the threads were everywhere but I thought it was a meme because of people claiming the show was bad so I didn’t pick it up.

If it starts getting even half as much hype on Sup Forums as Madoka did then I'll pick it up in a heartbeat, but right now the threads don't seem much different from your average seasonal show

Inuyashiki and Houseki no Kuni

It’s even worse because episode ten of Madoka could be considered the best episode in anime history.

There’s just so many good shows this season though so I doubt that will happen. Madoka was a shining star in a dark age of anime.

Pick it up definitely to be disappointed by how huge of a promise they wasted due to shitty execution, and laugh at the fags calling it AotS when SSR, HnK and Net-juu exist in the same season.

Best OP of the year: Inuyashiki
Best ED of the year: I don't know but Shoujo Shuumatsu take the best ED of the season.

Its execution is amazing. Stop trolling.

Why the fuck are you posting like this?

It only has the art going for it. Everything else can't be more forced and generic. If the execution was great more people would say it's great. Instead every Kujira thread inevitably has people complaining about how shit it is. Stop samefagging and stop being delusional.
>inb4 you are just doing it for attention
Of course you have nothing better to back you up.

Why aren’t you?

shmells like netflix shills in here

I know you’re not doing it for attention. You’re doing it because you hate that Netflix is involved with Children of the Whales and you’ll find any way possible to hate it. I know who you are. You’re that same guy from the other thread annoying everybody.

Not even. I cannot give less of a fuck whether Netflix is involved or not. LWA was great; Kakegurui is decent but still enjoyable; this is shit.
Maybe instead of calling names you should start with some actual evidence and analysis on why the execution is great? I doubt you can do that either way seeing the only 2 reasons to protect this show is "last episode has a musical" and "you hate this show because you hate Netflix". Wait, make that 3: "Everyone who disagrees with me is asking for attention."
Go back to where you came from if you cannot handle criticisms.

People sat through more than 7 episodes of Children of the Whales and actually think it has good execution and characters?
I dropped the show with the lastest episode, everything except the visuals and music is just below average. The characters are just really uninteresting to me and the direction is sub-par.
Is the manga any better? Now that I know it has a cringy unlikeable MC I don't even feel like touching it.

shoulda made strawpoll

I really hope you don't think scenes from anime with characters running and looking in the distance are impressive.

also HIT ME ON THE GROUND

Houseki no Kuni

I'm not gonna say its AotS, but it's pretty good.
You set your expectations too high and were disappointed, that's your fault.
The OST is good.
The visuals are amazing.
The story is good.
The world-building is great.
The only valid point of criticism I can grant you is that the show has shitty characters.
>muh execution
Again the execution isn't great but it isn't utter shit, stop exaggerating.
Also stop samefagging.

Can't even 4chanX this shit.

>The story is good.
Not him, but I disagree on that. The story is average at best, but really it's barely there. People were on an island, they got attacked, they panicked for a few episodes, and now they're fighting back, with some vague mysterious undertones that have yet to produce results eight episodes in. There's just not much actually happening - hell, episode eight only advanced the main plot by like five minutes, because it spent the rest on giving pink a shitty backstory and a five-minute long death scene even after he'd lost his fight.

>Go back to where you came from if you cannot handle criticisms.

Honestly my favourite OP of the year has been Girls' Last Tour. Not sure how they got Billy Talent to do an original song for Inuyashiki but it's pretty good too.

>Best
HIT ME ON THE GROUND
powergap (anything below this line sucks)
Magus Bride
Children of the Whales
Made in Abyss
>Worst

Inuyashiki best visuals, Magus Bride best song.

I can tell you’re only watching one of the series.

True, but also one of those series is vastly different from the others. My shitpost is the OP's fault for asking a retarded question in the first place. You put cyborg grandpa next to a bunch of girly shit you're going to get some really partisan responses.

>watching
Try reading user. The only series that made me want to watch it after reading the manga is Inuyashiki. Made in Abyss was shit. Magus Bride was shittier. Children of the Whales was horrible. Inuyashiki was at least entertaining.

user here , was my only post in the thread. Sorry more than 1 person dislikes your show.

I LOVE ALL OF THEM

I hate to break it to you but Inuyashiki is twilight. Let’s not pretend it’s manly.

Inuyashiki is entertaining but it's just mindless killing edgeshit to satisfy GANTZfags. Just admit you have the same tastes as edgy teens and can't handle series with stories and proper character development.

If you don't think watching an old man saving a woman from the yakuza by blinding and crippling them is manly then you should just kill yourself.

I watched 3 of those series, and Inuyashiki is still 1000 times better, not saying those are bad, is just that Inuyashiki OP is that good.

I don't watch Inuyashiki because i don't like sad things, there already enough said things in my life.

Mindless killing? You really haven't watched or read Inuyashiki huh? It's sad user. Really sad.

It's a good thing then. All the other series is about cute girls doing something. And SoL series. Just perfect for moe loving fans like you.

I never said I liked the show, it ranges from above average to good, I'm just pissed off that everyone is acting like it's complete shit even though it's not.

They all have manly parts excluding the gay blowjob scene in Inuyashiki.

Inuyashiki actually give a perfect balance between sad and healing, the sad parts are very sad but the healing parts really make you feel alive again.

>youtu.be/zuW_qSQXFx0
That must've been the most void of ideas OP I've seen.
Imagine how the director must've thought it.
>first 50seconds are to be a .JPEG of a girl looking somewhere with white/black backround
>hey lets have abstract CGI effects, that'll look good?
>now have the girl and the guy wearing a mask stand next to each other and move the camera around quickly + CGI effects, its like 3 things at once how can it go wrong
>lets fill the rest with random 1sec long shots from the anime don't need to do any extra animation, im a genius

maybe i'll watch it then, when season ends.

I wouldn’t. It’s a meme love story disguised as an action series.

2deep4u

The issue is that most of the vocal watchers outside of Kujira generals consider it as one of the best anime of the season (just see in this thread), when the pacing, story execution, world immersion, characters, and character development are very clunky overall. I admit I had high expectations getting into it when the PV came out, but the first few episodes really blew it.

It reminds me of when Guilty Crown aired, except less people know that it's hilariously bad. Great visuals and music, interesting setting, but everything else kind of falls apart, not to mention the generic weak self-insert MC teaming up with a cute and interesting female character, the other more powerful and interesting male MC, edgy stereotypical insane character, "sad and tragic" forced death(s) of characters we barely care about, and an evil organization that the teenager characters aim to overthrow.

We've already seen the story and characters, it's just in a more interesting and pretty setting, but with still the same bad writing and direction.

I can say any anime in the entire world is clunky and that the first few episodes blew it.

It’s probably going to be the best or runner up for best anime of the year. You’re talking to a guy that found out Whales was associated with Netflix and blew a circuit in his brain. He’s spams about how bad he thinks the show is trying to get people to not watch it.

I get what you're saying, but the opposite is also true.
Whenever there is a kujira thread you either have people praising it like it's AotS or people acting like it's utter shit, like there is middle ground.

Meant to say no middle ground

>You put cyborg grandpa next to a bunch of girly shit
We're talking about the OPs here, though. That shouldn't have much to do with it.

>not including the best of the season
youtube.com/watch?v=PmRep9srYe4

MiA is a good series but the OP is shit.
HIT ME ON THE GROUND sounds too much like Fall Out Boy for me to consider it.
Children of the Whales is pretty good, admittedly.
Magus Bride is pretty trash all around.

That's a good OP, is the rest of the show worth watching? Been recommended it a few times. Also the MiA outro is way better than the OP.

Hit me on the ground is bad because of the cgi. If I wanted to watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse I’d be on the Disney channel.

Again I don't think it's going to be AotS, but I get where you're coming from.
I agree that it has AotS material, the visuals and OST in particular but for me it falls short to be AotS.

I watched 8 episodes of the show and episodes 4-8 didn't get much better imo. Episode 3 was just a compilation of badly directed cringe-worthy "tragic" scenes that I really hoped would be redeemed with following episodes but we just kept getting more and more unappealing characters thrown into the mix, and one by one dying off as if we were supposed to care about them in the first place. And we barely got much story progression, the latest episode was just a flashback of the pink psycho edgeboy to try and make the viewer feel bad for him.

I just find the series bad, not even remotely good. I absolutely love all of JC Staff's efforts poured in the visuals and music, but the execution that conveys the characters and story is just REALLY abysmal that every week I feel like dropping it. I stuck with it so far so might as well continue to see how it'll end.

Anytime I hear somebody talk bad about Magus bride or whales I assume they haven’t seen them and are judging them on the cover art.

>Hit me on the ground is bad because of the cgi.
Being this retarded.

Not him, but when people give at least some thoughts into why they dislike something, is a sign that they saw potential, but seeing it being squashed into nothing more often than not makes people hate it.

You’ve got to be baiting. I can’t even comprehend how somebody would hate that series.

Yeah, SSR is already my AotS since its the only one I look forward to anymore. If you liked Sora no Woto you might like this one too, although this is much more bleak.

There’s actually cgi parts in it user.

Magus Bride and at least 6 other high profile shows this season has shitty CG. What now? Not that I disagree that CG brings a show down a couple of points.