UQ Holder

>adaptation is full of cuts and skipped content just to make it Negima focused
>no one watching due to this/it being a "sequel"
>dead threads
>little to no discussion outside of Sup Forums

Can we just finally admit Negima ruined UQ Holder?

Other urls found in this thread:

anchanzsubs.blogspot.com/2017/10/uq-holder-oad.html
uqholder.jp/story/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

UQ Holder wouldn't exist without Negima.

It could have started differently, with just the usual copies of characters, but the direction of the plot kept pushing it to where they couldn't be separate, instead of just a similar setting.

UQ Holder was always shit.

Negimafags please don't respond.

>half of the people in these threads complain that Negima ruined UQ Holder ("enough with the flashbacks", "vampire shota fucking when", etc.)
>the other half complains that UQ Holder ruined Negima ("not muh Eva", "bullshit retcons", etc.)
At least we can all agree that Kirie a shit.

to that person asking for the ova sub

anchanzsubs.blogspot.com/2017/10/uq-holder-oad.html

>"vampire shota fucking when"

I'll never stop.

I genuinely feel for UQ Holder fags, if you liked the series on its own merits you shouldn't have to be putting up with muh forced sequel from Akamatsu.
As a Negima fag, I can't believe that we finally get what LOOKS/FEELS visually like a proper Negima adaption...but it's a UQ Holder adaption.
Fucking Xebec, SHAFT screw up Negiima for six years and somehow JC Staff of all studios gets it, and it's not an actual Negima adaption.
Nobody wins. This IP is cursed.

instead of getting a first and second season covering the manga we got two anime only bonanzas and a bunch of disconnected OVAs, so now anime only fags have no idea whats going on in the series.

Negima was one of my favorite manga and even I can't stand how much it's taken away from UQ. I'm especially disappointed in the anime because making it Negima 2 has taken away UQ's only shot at getting proper promotion from an anime.

Yeah, even if new people wanted to check out UQ Holder, there's technically no previous anime it's a "sequel" to, so people couldn't even try to get into the series before it aired unless they wanted to read a 300+ chapter manga, and not everyone is willing to do that.

Yeah, there's a lot of "wait what" reactions from negima anime watchers who never touched the manga. A bunch don't even know Negima has time travel much less multiple timelines.

Episode 10 synopsis up
uqholder.jp/story/

I'm just glad that UQ Holder is continuing Negima's story since it had that forced ending. It took a long time getting there, but we're finally finding out how the Mage of Beginning fight went, finding out who won the Negi-bowl (in one universe), and while the anime is making a bunch of cuts it's at least better than the rushed end of the first anime, or the completely different Negima!?

Cutlass fight next ep, but why didn't they just keep Cutlass dropping the truth on Touta about what he is.

>Yeah, even if new people wanted to check out UQ Holder, there's technically no previous anime it's a "sequel" to, so people couldn't even try to get into the series before it aired unless they wanted to read a 300+ chapter manga, and not everyone is willing to do that.
thanks for the heads up, user
I was planning to watch this but fuck those 300 chapters, I would rather finish my shoujo backlog than reading negima

But the Negima anime had time travel on its own?

You don't really need to read Negima, though. The anime (and manga) provides enough information for you to follow what's going on. The few people I've seen watching this without any prior knowledge have been enjoying it. My point was the anime pushing the sequel status probably turns people away who aren't aware it's watchable on its own.

Probably because there'd be no time for Touta to confront Eva about it so they just had her reveal it herself. She's also not the one who told Touta what's up with Negi, Fate was.

I could be wrong, but the original series had an anime only ending with time travel, it didn't get to Cassiopeia.

Yep, it hasn't really tied back into the original series till just now, and if the manga is anything to go by it has 2 more arcs till it gets back to Negima.

Can't ruin what was already ruined from the start.

>appear a total of two times for less than 10 seconds

Why is Vasago in the OP again?

Ken ruined UQ Holder.

I'm not sure what all this Negima stuff is you guys are talking about, but I am loving this show. It has a good balance of fun and action. I really look forward to it every week. It's been a pleasant surprise.

Genuinely glad for you, user. If you like the anime I highly recommend reading the manga after. It has cut out a lot of meat from the character dynamics and development.

Touta's grandfather is the protagonist of Negima, the author's previous work. The anime's cut out a lot of stuff in order to make it focused on the subplot involving his grandfather, so thus "Negima 2." Which is well, disappointing for UQ mangafags. But good for you that you enjoy it as it is.

FUCKING ADAPTATION

Truly the Berserk of harems when it comes to anime adaptations. It's fucked.

that's probably the best way to enjoy this show, as a literal ignorant.

if you're a fan of UQ holder you'll get pissed due to all the negima pandering and skipped shit, if you're a fan of negima you'll get pissed because it's a bad show with very little bits of negima sprinkled around.

and if you like both then it's a terrible show that's skipping cool stuff. just to fit a cool fight at the end. honestly series should've been done either with fate, or with ghost girl. and the wolf fight should've lasted a bit more.

and better animation everywhere for god's sake.

>best anime this season
>shit

UQ Holder on its own is shit

It needs Negima to gain lost viewers

>Kirie immediately falls for Touta with no backstory
>no kisslut episodes
(lol

>he thinks Negima is doing anything for UQ sales

>Negima ruined UQ Holder
No, it's Akamatsu's curse not to have a good anime adaption.
it's the universe balancing itself out for him having married basically Naru minus the things that make her shit.

I want her to sit on my face

>Ken involved in series composition
>the anime has zero indication of Touta liking Eva

What did Ken mean by this?

Who is that ass?
Karin?

Licking her armpits and impregnation

That's kirie when he first meets her

I'm a big Negima fan and I've been following UQ holder since the start.

While the anime is skipping a lot of cool stuff I don't mind it, the focus has been on finishing Negima's story for a while in the manga and the anime is just trying to follow that.

Negima literally saved UQ Holder.