Anime of the year to be honest

Anime of the year to be honest.

No kidding. Its been a while since I've been this eager for weekly episodes.

because of how bad it is, right

wow you must be a simp

>buying her for 5m
>giving her luxurious bath and dinner

Naw, Eva is bad, this is a good 6/10

>Tfw no monster daddy to tell me I'm special and take care of me
>a man will never go berserk protecting me
>tfw ruth will never give me the knot

It's the Inuyasha for the reddit generation

>muh reddit

Fuck off and enjoy something in life for once.

Couldn't even bother finishing the OVA. Why does Sup Forums have such shit taste?

It's solid, but that latest episode definitely should have been paced a little better. Felt rushed to me. Only reason this is a serious contender for AoTY is because this year has been really shitty.

>MahoYome fags are so desperate that nobody cares about their show that they have to make bait threads to shill it
Truly Anime of the Year

Couldn't get through 8th episodes. Dropped. It looks good but is dull as fuck

Why was this anime being so shilled before even coming out? Is the manga that good?

You need a serious palette cleansing. Quit jerking off to hentai and stop watching bait anime. Come back after a break when you think you are refreshed for something that's actually good and not just a pure stimulate for your dick.

Right, anyone who doesn't share your tastes must only like ecchi.

It's pretty clear cut that you do nothing but taint your mind with pure garbage that only provides instant gratification.

As I said, come back once you take a break and maybe your shit infested mind will be cleansed.

This anime is just not good. The directing is uninspired and the disney music ain't helping me either. Why would I watch it? I have zero reasons to. Wit Studio has some terrible directors in-house.

>throwing buzzwords and playground insults is more effective than constructive arguments

>you
I'm not even that guy, you retard. I enjoy the show (though it's definitely not AOTY).

girls love self-inserting, only reason I can think of

Yeah, no. I had enough of "hurr hurr humans are so silly, let's play a game, me so crazy" antagonists.

>buzzwords
Not a single buzzword in that post, stop posting random shit that you don't even understand

>im not even that guy
Sure

I know for a fact you just got done watching some garbage like Girls und Panzer.

Suit yourself

Fantastic show, WIT is based as fuck.

>Still using Ad Hominem
>Still not a single point to backup why MahoYome deserves to be AotS/AotY
Stop embarrassing yourself.

It's not my AOTY but I am enjoying it

>pacing is done well
>art direction is fluid and doesn't have drastic changes and exaggeration
>voice acting is well done
>characters are intriguing
>the world set is still a bit mysterious and makes it a bit mysterious and the usage of real life locations adds a nice element of immersion
>has yet to be any weird degenerate shit that makes any normal person cringe
>likable mc's

Why do people not from Japan talk about voice acting? Like you can tell, they could change VAs mid season and you wouldn't be able to tell.

I live in Japan.

You're not from Japan. Not like I have any reason to believe you. You're both female and live in japan? Christ.

I've been particularly choosy in which shows I pick up this year so when MnY became the first anime I dropped (after episode 5), I was legitimately surprised
Episode 3 was incredible which is a shame because I sincerely don't like the series. however the three part OVA was alright. So, what is the worst aspect of the animation for you? I personally despise the character design and writing/pace/direction of it all.

It's a fucking shoujo in disguise.

Hate to shatter your world but when you actually live in Japan it isn't your weeb fantasy like you'd picture it to be. Talking to the Japanese I work with as well as the friends I have made when the discussion of entertainment comes up they talk very strongly about how anime is embarrassing as fuck most of the time.

Inferior to Akagami no Shirayuki-hime redhead for newfags

Snow White with the Red Hair sounds a lot better.

>in disguise
really? Thank you captain obvious holy shit. How long did it take you to figure that out?

Best show of the seson and better than houseki no kuni too. Not being CGshit helps immensely too.

Right now, yes, easily.

It's mostly popular with guys though.

Serios reply, even though the topic is obvious bait.

Best show of the season, is without question Sup Forumsnimegatari (thanks for saving anime our new Chinese overlords!)

As far Magus Bride goes, the manga itself is wastly overrated - but still being a decent material for OAV, but Anime just fails in making it appealing. The animation and production quality is not outstanding, and soundtrack already lost to not even aired yet VEG according to reviewers that watched it.

Bones did better job in adaptation of Akagami than WIT with this one as well, and even Yona was more interesting. Overall, with right formula - Magus Bride had chance to become something memorizable or even classic, with good OAV or Movie: but it failed, and is just a forgettable tripe you have to force watching yourself to the end and will fade away by next season.

So dont waste your time, and go instead watch Saiunkoku Monogatari, since being newfag you are you probably did not.

All in all, MB is just inferior version of a masterpiece Kuma Miko!

t. brainlet

At least memorize the kana. There's no way you can miss a voice actor being changed.

So... as I was saying: you're not from Japan. Yet talk about the quality of voice-acting.

Talk like a normal human being first.

MahoYome anime pacing is not done well what the fuck. Have you read the manga?

Makes you sound like a normalfag too.
Probably my third favorite show this season but I find its pacing pretty horrid compared to the manga, and if we're comparing anime it's pacing isn't even close to as good as what HnK has done.

I honestly don't watch a lot of anime so I have no idea what the fuck is even airing right now. But Mahou tsukai no Yome is pretty okay. The ost is good at least. The manga also improved a lot in my opinion after Ruth was added to the cast. I wouldn't say anime of the year but it's alright

Where do you think you are, user?

If it was made by kyoani weebs here would be calling it anime of the century

>animegatari
What a fucking boring shit didnt even finish the first episode and dropped it you seriously have shit taste go get checked user

your appropriately done rule breaking /r/ing has been noticed and appreciated

You litterally dont belong on Sup Forums, or anything near anime as whole. You failed the test, even though it was a pretty easy one. The Animegatari evaluation directly corresponds your Anime skill profficiency and powerlevel as it requires extensive knowledge of the media and superior patrician taste, as well deep immersion into Sup Forums culture.

>Kuma Miko!
>a girl forced to live with an ancient pagan spirit being and take part in his satanic rituals
checks out

If Kyoani had anything to do with it, it would definitely qualify

I don't need to be Japan born and raised dipshit. Living here long enough has allowed me the experience. Christ you are autistic.

>I don't need to
Evidently you do

The ending of the second episode was really corny and overblown. There was enough dark shit there already. They didn't need to make the librarian a whacked out weirdo, or have A GIANT MONSTER! AHHHHH materialize at the last minute to throw in a death scene just for the shit of it.

It would have been way better if he had just been a comfy infodump aniki figure, and if there had been no dramatic ending.

It would never be KyoAni, since KyoAni is very selective with material they adapt - so everything they pick would turn masterpiece in one way or another, either due to quality of material or their changes.

Magus Bride is simply not that good. Greater visuals and direction will not fix the core issues that even a comedy like Flying Witch has better setting and story and chracters.

KyoAni already has superior VEG next season.

>some asshole who has never had a single bit of experience outside of his basement is going to tell me I am wrong despite being right at the front of the whole experience
Sure jackass, go back to jerking off to your figurines.

I'd say it's top three this season

>they talk very strongly about how anime is embarrassing as fuck most of the time.
This is true and fucking hilarious. In many ways the highly conservative, highly traditional Japanese culture is agitated out of their fucking skulls that their nation's #1, most recognizable worldwide iconography is anime, something they typically view as degenerate and childish. Adult anime enthusiasts (apart from children / shounen) are outcasts in Japan, too. Think about grown men in the US who are super into comic books. There's more leeway about manga, culturally, in Japan. Not so with anime, though.

>so everything they pick would turn masterpiece
Ahahahahahahahahaha. Did you literally forgot the everything they made for the last couple of years?

Every thingle show they made recently is a masterpiece in a way, that are destined to become classics and be watched years after - just like all other KyoAni shows, and as opposed to most other anime and the one in this particular thread, which all will fade a away and be forgotten.

Evidently

Thanks for backing up that point. And I've witnessed and asked many women about those types.

Every Japanese woman I go out with has told me that guys who obsess or even watch a lot of anime gross them out. It's funny because the men here don't like the women who do the same. Japanese civilians revolve around trying to look normal and productive. Whatever fantasy or hobby they have usually stays behind closed doors. The Japanese weebs all look pretty similar to your stereotypical fatass American/European white guy.

I-it's not like I did it as a favor or anything, BAka!

>Japanese civilians revolve around trying to look normal and productive.
Why are the Japanese so shit?

For some reason this is spics favourite anime, not even DBS is that popular.

4000 years of empirical rule originating from feudal serfdom. Ironically, while their ethnonationalism inspires admiration from Sup Forumstypes, this very kind of submissive worker drone will be the model citizen in the nascent NWO

top three more like it, and only if you don't count second seasons

They aren't. It actually makes it special because these fuckers get wild when the sun sets. During the day they are (in a modern sense) a normal productive society that has yet to be crippled by bullshit degeneracy, it does exist though of course. Anyway, they are some of the most lit people I've ever seen. Going to Shibuya at night or to any club and you'll see.

>lit
Don't use memewords please. It would be better to use a real word so I can actually have a better idea of what you're talking about. I am curious. "they done lit" and "go to Japan and you'll see" are not particularly helpful ways of conveying information.

Holy fuck you sound like the exact kind of person a woman hates. If you were talking to someone whom you had interest in would you start spouting that shit to them.

You know exactly what I am talking about when I say lit. Walk into the club and the woman are buying drinks like crazy, hungry as shit for a man and the music is just the right kind of sex amplifier. You go in looking groomed and you come out lookin like a total jackass. Truly a good time. I'm not going to sit here and type an essay to you about how fun life is, that's something for you to figure out on your own.

>pacing is done well
It's pretty poor. The most glaring scene being the dragon flight dream. It'd be fine if the atmosphere was more laid back, but it's not.
>art direction is fluid and doesn't have drastic changes and exaggeration
Except every "comedy" moment. Mostly art is fine, but animation is meh.
>voice acting is well done
It's fine.
>characters are intriguing
Like who? The dog who's super loyal to a dead chick, and one flashback with Chise later is devoted to her? The smirking shota wizard who's a jerk just because?
>the world set is still a bit mysterious and makes it a bit mysterious and the usage of real life locations adds a nice element of immersion
I agree, I really like the world.
Like a monster buying a young girl as a wife?
>likable mc's
They really don't do anything for me. Especially Chise.

If this is your ideal life, then why are you here?

>You know exactly what I am talking about when I say lit.
No, Sir, I absolutely do not. I think you forget where you post

That's the exact kind of thinking that keeps you stuck in the position you are currently in. Open your mind a little bit and realize you can do many different things and keep in touch with what you love. I fucking love anime and probably always will and I love video games and coming to this shit hole of a site. But while I love those things I am easily capable of actually going out and doing activities that involve speaking to people in real life. You'll be amazed at just how much more you enjoy your hobbies once you stop being a shut in dork. I know this because I was once exactly like a lot of people here. Thank Christ I am no longer.

>pretending to be out of the loop
>no, sir,
Just stop man, knock the shit off. I know exactly where I am. I've been here for 10 years and I have zero intent on leaving.

Then fuck off to one of the many places on the internet where you can discuss cartoons with other normalfags.

Having read the manga first, this unironically put me off the anime for good. What the heck's up with the pacing

>normalfag
You don't even realize how new you are yet.

Fair enough. But if I ever get myself out of this hole, I have a hard time imagining that I'll be as righteous and condescending to people who are still here.

>Dude you sound like total chick repellant LOL
>Just get a life and meet people bro XD
>I'm not going to actually describe things because you need to just go to bars and shit yourself, like duh!

Icky! Just something to consider

>just open your mind bro!
lelelele

>not being Japanese means I'm deaf
Okay.

It would be nice if my "position" was just some problem I could beat and then I could go live it up and get along with most everyone else, but that's not the case. The truth for me and many other people is that even after we get our health in order, get a good job, make friends, and catch a girlfriend, we still don't share your values. I don't want to live for my boss. I don't want to live for my peers. I don't want to go clubbing. And I don't have to.

>I know this because I was once exactly like a lot of people here. Thank Christ I am no longer.
You sound like some pick up artist high on life coaching.

It's harsh love because everything I've said I'm hoping it will spark something inside of you to actually take the advice.

I used to be exactly like your typical shut in. You can easily some up anything with that point of view but no matter how assholish and chad it may sound to you it's the truth. You won't get anywhere unless you take the steps first. It's not even about going out to party, absolutely not. Going to Kamakura and Kyoto for sight seeing trips and general cleansing of the mind does wonders as well. Fuck sake I'm going to be climbing Mt. Fuji next year with some Japanese pals.

You just have to force yourself to take back control. It takes a lot of will power but anyone can do it.

>Anime of the year to be honest
It's an average adaptation in most respects and overall inferior to the manga. I think Houseki no Kuni and 3-gatsu no Lion are two better adaptions from this season

>Except every "comedy" moment
The manga changes artstyle for that too.

>love for my boss
You don't have too my man. Who said that. Jesus Christ don't be so narrow minded. Start your own company, generate a talent that makes you happy and try to use it for gain if you wish, take on various jobs going place to place if it makes you happy. You are only limiting yourself. I am aware a lot of people are in unfortunate situations where shit won't be so easy to get into and for that I am sorry but it still doesn't change that you can become something more.

>It's harsh love
To a certain extent, maybe, but at this point you're also just deceiving yourself. The surprise indicated in your initial responses to my autism imply lack of consideration and the classic self orientated frame of reference. Maybe your life has been somewhat easier than mine in some regards; I can't ever imagine forgetting or overlooking what you have. That doesn't matter, though. My peers will take these discrepancies and use them to vindicate themselves of their personal responsibility for their circumstances. And on that note I agree with you completely, and it is the more important issue. My advice is to approach the subject with all confrontational aspects minimized to the greatest degree possible. You just don't influence people positively through confrontation. That almost never works, and definitely won't with this feisty crowd.

Maybe you are right. I say it this way because that's what it took for me to break my shell was my good friend telling me what a fucked up life I was living.

I've been through my fair share of obstacles so I can relate to people easily. I grew up my entire life moving around never settling in and getting a proper shot at having a normal childhood. I was abused mentally and physically by my siblings, and had to put up with a bunch of other traumatizing shit I don't want to get into. And through the mixtures of this it made me who I used to be but after that harsh love I completely changed for the better. It's all about perception I guess. I mean no hatred towards anyone, I just hate to see other people on the path I use to be and wish them to break free.

>I mean no hatred towards anyone
What about niggers?

Did I say that?

Right here
It's possible to appreciate good voice acting even if you don't understand the words. Voice acting is about intonation, rythm, and the quality/attributes of the person's voice.

>It's possible to appreciate good voice acting even if you don't understand the words. Voice acting is about intonation, rythm, and the quality/attributes of the person's voice.
Yea. Occasionally I'll really notice the emotion put into a line, and even though it's moon the believability of the intonations and emotion still stands out to me as being really impressive. Those Nips seem to really put their backs into voice acting, and take it very seriously as an art or a study

>You are only limiting yourself.
That's what it means to make a choice. We gain something at a cost. I've done the talent route. I've done contract work. I've left the country. I've done competitions. I've done beer festivals. I've even danced a little. After all this, all I want is a clean apartment, time off, alcohol, good food, and a few close friends. I can't have your life and that at the same time, and my best life sounds so much better, to me. I'll pretend I'm you if I need to generate some new friends, but I won't be happy about it. Who wants to be a filthy normie?

Obviously. How does that stop it being a drastic and exaggerated art change?

I think you might be blind though

What you want is exactly why I want as well. But mixed in with other pleasures. I'm literally anything but a notmie.

Fuck off already.

Shut the fuck up jackass we are having a conversation.

it's the same girl talking to herself, also OP of this thread. Just let her ramble for a bit it's cute to watch

>Japanese weebs