Inuyasha gets unfairly shit on too much. It was a decent and fun series with good characters. A solid 6/10

Inuyasha gets unfairly shit on too much. It was a decent and fun series with good characters. A solid 6/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ER1OCDjKhl8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8HsFxAdJYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you talking about? We have almost daily Inuyasha nostalgia threads. It's the one show besides Sailor Moon almost everyone likes.

Besides the Naruto for girls meme it's very well loved

It would be much better if it was half as long. It got TONS of filler past the Shichinintai art.

I usually see it get universally get ripped apart.

>Toonami revisionist
Yea, it would be fun with good characters if it didn't reset itself FIVE FUCKING TIMES OVER.
Fucking Adventure Time doesn't have as much status quo resetting padding.

WIND SCAR

A solid 6/10 Re-watch it and reassess that score.

Yeah, the sheer length and progression issues are what holds it back. Naraku is also a rather boring villain, but that kinda ties into the main problem, since he never really accomplishes anything either.

Soundtrack was really good. Dragged on for too long, story fubbed, but it was good.

Yeah, I'd put my hand in the fire that Kagome did the actual ripping apart in that relationship.

Did you even watch the series?

I love inuyasha but holy shit it took 167 episodes PLUS a Second Season to fucking kill Naraku. A season that was released 6 years later. 6 YEARS.

It was fun though and it holds a special spot in my heart.

You're forgetting that it came out during the golden age of anime. It's better than 90% of seasonal crap you've praised since I came back here.

Did you? Or are you gonna tell me Naraku's minion splitting wasn't downright filler?
Or the fact Kikyo still wasn't dead dead for ages?
>Golden Age
>2000s

It would be better if someone could post a guide on which filler episodes to skip.

you don't know what filler is.

KAGOME

Incoming autistic essay
--

I love it, it was one of my first animes that I was really into back then. I'd always stay up late just to watch it. But there are a ton of problems with it.

The series kept basically shelling out the whole "WE NEED TO GET THROUGH THIS BARRIER/OBSTRUCTION SO WE CAN GET A SHARD/NARAKU/SESSHOMARU/EVIL PERSON; AND I SO HAPPEN TO OFFHANDEDLY COME ACROSS THIS ANCIENT ENCHANTMENT THAT WILL HELP ME DISREGARD WHATEVER THE FUCK THE PROBLEM WE WERE FACING WAS, CONVENIENT HUH?". So they destroy the barrier/whateverthefuck, shit ensues; then it resets back to zero with new powers and maybe a gem shard or whatever.

When Inuyasha ends up just absorbing the 'fuck everything' power, because that's what the actual main plot point was about with Tessaiga vs Tensaiga; it kinda defeated the purpose of every other power he had gained throughout the series. Pretty much to the point where you could almost call almost every episode up until then filler, since there was little to no reason for any of the powers he gained; except for just using it as a reason to shatter plot armor over and over again.

cont..

To me, it was like a gigantic, 'fuck you for spending all these hundreds of episodes watching him go through these grueling experiences trying to master Tessaiga by utilizing the adaptation part of the sword; and using those experiences and power he gained to beat the final baddie like you'd expect. No. Instead, we're going to make it so that he can just go through some magical training at the end of the series so he can 'master' using it because we say so. And then we can just make every other power that he's absorbed completely moot by revealing that the main plot point was that Tensaiga was solely made to extract and house the absolute destructive power that Tessaiga had originally absorbed before it was made (the power, by the way has the affect of instantly sending the person hit by it get instantly sent to hell; without even having to actually land a lethal blow, or 'killing' them in any way shape or form). Making all of the other powers he's gained throughout the series completely useless! So it's okay to make up any form of bullshit power his sword can absorb during the series, because at the end of the day; the /actual legitimate power/ for the sword that he gets from a non 3rd party in his adventure is probably one of the most bullshit of all of them, and will cancel out any reason to use all the other bullshit ones we created because we wanted to milk the shit out of the series as long as possible in between!".

>Naraku strikes again
>Gonna Suck up all these demons
>Oh Shit BEEEEEEEEEs

I honestly would have preferred if they had just ended it before they pulled shit out of their ass like the Dragon scaled tessaiga making it so he can just cut the 'yōketsu of yōkai' (or the 'manifestation of demonic energy' in the form of a whirlpool behind the demon that results in an instakill if cut, which SURPRISE SURPRISE! The dragon scaled tessaiga can cut!). Like.. What? This anime would have been fine if they just had revealed the main plot point without having to resort to doing something like this just to stretch out the series. I'd be okay with like.. 100 episodes at the most, maybe? But either way, there's no excuse for the bullshit that was pulled in this series just to prolong it.

TL;DR

Too much filler, too much 'BUT NOW WE HAVE TO GET PAST THIS NOW', too much padding, too much nothing fucking happening at all, too much 'why did we do over half of this shit again?', too much 'muh jewel shards', too much asspulls. Would have been a lot better received if it was shorter with all of the fat cut out. Maybe add all the fat afterwards as some extra series for people who still want more or something.

Other than people saying it's the weakest Rumiko series, I don't think it's that hated.

Yeah Naraku is basically not even a character at all. He is more like a MacGuffin to get the plot moving whenever Rumiko remembers things need to happen in a story. Very weak part of InuYasha is the villains in general. The only ones that are good are the Band of Seven because they actually have personalities.

The strength with InuYasha and why it gets the praise it does, in my opinion, is the simplicity of the story and characters, the linear nature of the story, and the tone. It's easy to get into and it's easy to follow, and it has a very comfy feel to it, like a fairy tale or something. But it's not amazing by any stretch, and I feel like without the good animation and the great OPs / EDs and the OSTs in general of the anime it wouldn't be well known in the West or even that well liked in Glorious Nippon™.

This.
It was a well crafted comfy simple easy to get into adventure story.
They could have actually stretched the series on for a few more years and made it into a detective conan type deal.

The only thing I remember from Inuyasha is feeling weird as a kid when Kagome treated Inuyasha like a pet.
Years later and I can only get off to femdom.

It was exactly like all the stories you heard from your grandparents put together, but new.

The first time it happened it was hilarious. Suddenly girls were much more interesting than Disney had led me to believe.

It's the embodiment of everything that is wrong with "episode of the week" shows.
Not only you got plot crawling at the speed of a crippled snail, but you also got the occasional resets in case you were getting motion sickness.

Is plot craving a thing? Because it should be.

>blocks your path

I liked how Inuyasha gradually got stronger as the show went on. I don't watch battle shonen, so this was something that was fun to me.

>Oh this guy has a cool sword, I wonder if they will be cool duels and..
>HOPE YOU LIKE WINDSCAR BECAUSE YOU GONNA SEE IT EVERY EPISODE
>Should be intrudoce some cool demons for Inuyasha to fight?
>Nah just send the bees
Fuck Inuyasha and fuck my sister for making me watch it.

>fuck my sister
is she cute

>bees
Well they are effective so why stop ?

From an in-story perspective, obviously you are right. But from a reader's or watcher's perspective the bees (think in Nipponese they're saimyosho or something?), it is boring to see the same, simple method restrict our main cast.

Inuyasha: NARAKU! Let's go get him with full knowledge that he'll just puss out when he's in danger!

Kagome: INUYASHA!

Naraku: Now you must deal with my latest puppet thing I jizzed out last episode!

Sango: HIRAIKOTSU! *her attack has no effect* Oh well, I guess I should stop trying and do FUCKING NOTHING FOR THE ENTIRE BATTLE NOW.

Kagome: INUYAASHAAAA!

Miroku: Don't worry, I'll just use my magic hand thing! OH NOES IT'S THE BEES AGAIN! WHO THE FUCK SAW THAT ONE COMING?!

Sango: Stop grabbing my ass god-fucking-damnit!

Shippou: DERP DERP DERP I'M JUST A FEW SECONDS OF FILLER DERP DERP DERP

Naraku: Blah blah Shikon Jewel blah blah Inuyasha blah blah I'm a trap blah blah!

Sesshoumaru: MmmMmmMmm Here I am, mysterious and pretty MmmMmmMmm

Jaken and Rin: DEEERRP FILLER FILLER FILLER LOL RIN IS SO KAWAII ^______________^

Sesshoumaru: (something about Tetsusaiga, nobody is listening by this point anyway)

Kagome: INUYAAAAASHAAAA!

Inuyasha: KAGOOMEEEE!

Kagura: We're here for no reason!

Kanna: Watch out for my mirror that doesn't actually do anything!

Kagome: EENOOYAASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Inuyasha: Stfu plz

Koga: HEY KAGOME LOVE TRIANGLE LAST OF MY PEOPLE ETC.

Inuyasha: Back off faggot. I want to stand in the front.

Kagome: INUYAAAAASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!@#%2265427892NEJETKRTGNWRJHTIRT

Shippou: HURP DE DURP

Inuyasha: Haha, Naraku is nearly dead w00tz0rs

Naraku: Yo holmes, smell you later!

Inuyasha: FUCKING BUBBLE AND HEARTH FUCK YOU BLIZZ

Sesshoumaru: I'm leaving now, despite the fact I never even clarified why I came in the first place.

Jaken: Mmm, Lord Sesshoumaru, durka durka Me Lord durka durka

Miroku: Hey anyone want to have my baby?

Kaede: Ye are all fucking useless pieces of shite.

>Its a Shippo episode

So what was the most iconic named attack in Inuyasha?

I really hope you didn't type this out just now, or this is bait or something. Otherwise kys yourself.

Aawww, a newfag. How cute.

Fuck you, it was hilarious, and I kinda like Inuyasha.

No Canadians ITT, I see.

SIT

That's more or less what happens every story arc.

>We need to find Naraku!
>Naraku spawned some strong mobs
>Inuyasha & co fight the mobs, no one dies
>Find Naraku, he's got a barrier
>Go look for the item to break the barrier
>Fight the recently spawned strong mobs, kill them
>Find barrier-piercing item
>Fight Naraku, he loses and flees
>Return to the first step
>Repeat for 60 volumes

A true masterpiece.

yeah i enjoyed it

BRAVO TAKAHASHI

Shippo was great. And his stupid duel arc is the best filler.

You forgot the mandatory moment when Miroku tries to use his void and THE BEES appear.

Needed more Inuyasha x Kikyo. I liked those two together. Kagome and Inuyasha were just channeling Akane and Ranma, boooriiiing.

This part was pretty funny though.

Shut up Richard, you enjoyed it too

OH NO!
NOT THE BEES!

Bro it's nothing but canadians in this thread

I went to a pop culture store in Nanaimo, and alongside the recent fad anime like Steins Gate and One Punch Man for sale, there were several volumes of fucking Inuyasha

Inuyasha is like, canadian weeb cred

>post yfw this shit starts up
youtube.com/watch?v=ER1OCDjKhl8

The setup and first 50 eps were good. The issue is that it dragged and became extremely formulaic.

Perhaps that isn't filler in the traditional sense of the word, but it narrative filler nonetheless. The last half of inuyasha hurt the series.

Inuyasha gets shit on for focusing on the love triangle between him, Kikyo, and Kagome for hundreds of chapters. If it's not that, then it's focused on Naraku, who's a boring villain.

Miroku get's a pass because his antics never gets old and he's one of the few mature perverts in anime. Apparently, Naraku cured his ancestor's hand with an insatiable hunger for Japanese women with great asses in addition to a wind tunnel.

What fucking world are you guys living in?

Reddit and other mainstream sites dislike Inuyasha since it's the hip thing to do, it's usually looked back on fondly here despite its flaws.

Not the people you replied to, but I've seen plenty of Inuyasha threads these passed months, let alone years; and most of the people in them have pretty much the same opinion as the people in this one. There was a time where people hated Inuyasha, but that's hate train has come and gone now that the shit storm has settled. It's kind of like how a lot of people hated Yuyu hakusho for being too 'generic' back when it was still airing. Now that it's been several years, people were able to told down their jaded lenses; and started to remember not only the bad things the anime did, but also what good it did as well. I'm not saying everyone in the thread liked it, of course there are still people who hate on Inuyasha; but overall other than the problematic points brought up here, they enjoyed it.

The problems InuYasha had were mostly present in the anime. The manga is actually much better.

fold* not told what am i even saying right now

INYUASHA

Inuyasha had good music and animation, but terrible script. If they lost the redundancy in certain places, then it might've been great.

>animation
I don't remember thinking it was anything special, but it's been 10 years

>was
It's airing right now, user.

The anime "enhanced" the bust and beauty of most the main girls. Kikyo is a notable example. In the manga, she looks just like Kagome while the anime gave her bedroom eyes to make her look older.

I always noticed Kagome had some nice tits when she's naked in bathing scenes

The anime made Kagome thick. He also has those bedroom eyes when unhappy, or lost in thought.

Why was the OST so great

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8HsFxAdJYM

It's "DBZ for Girls" newfag not Naruto

>he

I meant She, it was a typing error. Then again, given Naraku's preference for shape shifting, it wouldn't hurt to be careful.

Alice is much more interesting than Shitgome, so is Mulan so no you're completely wrong.

>kys yourself.
you need to go back

Kagome's problem is that she lacks an arc. She wanted demon cock more than becoming a great priestess.

Miroku is what happens when you take Master Roshi and decide to make him completely boring.

No it isn't

Miroku was legitimately looking for a woman to bear his child. He only had enough time to check the ass, but explore them naturally.

She was just the self-insert character

Sango > Kagome

Once again I repeatAlso Sango was too good for this retard

>KINO

Girls want to sexually fuck Sesshoumaru, not his weak ass impulsive brother Inuyasha.

I loved this show I really did.
Nothing will replace it, but it was a relic of a better time for anime.

but inuyasha recks seshy like 12 times

Oh yeah, Kagome gave me a big femdom fetish.

I never said anything about fucking.
Kagome was just the relatable modern girl blank slate character so viewers could relate with her/self-insert into her. I mean Inuyasha is basically an Isekai.

>I mean Inuyasha is basically an Isekai.
I-I never thought of this

That's not fair because Sango was The best girl by default. The competition was either dead, didn't have enough screen time, or too focused on hating Naraku.

1 out of every 3 or 4 episodes was filler, like every other RTakahashi work. It gets a bad rap for a reason.

That said, the movies are great and sango is my waifu. Soundtrack is good stuff too.

I'm not ashamed to admit that Inuyasha on adult swim was my gateway anime, so I've got a soft spot for it, but fuck all that filler.

The animation was decent for a long-running show at that time. Not fantastic, but not QUALITY either.

>Sango was The best girl by default.
Yeah because the only other girl was Kagome who was shit

We don't count Kikyo who's "dedlmao" and generic forgettable villains like Kagura

>forgettable villains like Kagura

The only thing I remember about her is that she flied in some sort of giant feather. That's it.

I thought Inuyasha was more Tensei than Isekai.

Lots of fucking filler and fuck that wolf faggot but i liked it, and the soundtrack brings back memories.

oh
this explains a lot

>WHAT'S THIS? A TRAVELING MONK WITH BLOOD VESSELS THAT DON'T CONTAIN BEES? A HUGE SWARM OF BEES OUGHTTA PUT A STOP TO THAT!

It was pretty garbage 2bh

I wish they just limited his black hole usage instead of just throwing bees everywhere.

Like it gets bigger everytime he uses it.