Old school Sup Forums thread; only post animes that you enjoyed that are from the 80's or late 90's

Old school Sup Forums thread; only post animes that you enjoyed that are from the 80's or late 90's.

>watching pre-2009 anime
>>>/reddit/
Pick one.

>animes

kys oldfag

Why the fuck is this show pushing children to have sex and get into a relationship? These past few island episodes have been really fucking strange and bad.

the best oldie i got

Who cares? Fuck you. Return to reddit nostalgiafag.

Return to reddit manimefag.

Quick post Tomino to deter brainlets

The fuck is wrong with your aspect ratio?

what is this the wee/a/boo zone

I can see that summerfriends are still here. Why so mad newfriends?

The absolute state of Sup Forums. Nostalgiafags (aka redditors) should be fucking banned on sight. Sup Forums should be for 2009+ anime only. Make a containment board for nostalgiafags.

>from the 80's or late 90's.
>No 60's or 70's

>animes
When will nostalgiafags finally be banned?

get raped samefagging loser. new anime is superior in literally every way. look at the shit in this thread, i can literally count the pixels because of the poor video quality 80's "anime"

>animes
lurk for 2 years before posting. wait for someone with a brain to create a pre-2k thread before you ruin it for everyone

THIS. Nostalgiafags are 100% guaranteed to be from reddit or Sup Forums. Sup Forums should be for 2009+ anime only.

just started pic related a yesterday, pretty enjoyable so far. 10/10 OST

When will nostalgiafags finally move on from shitty outdated anime?

animation needs to be animated at least some of the time

90's animation was QUALITY

did you ever watch something you couldn't jack off too?

Please return to reddit Nostalgiafags.

Did I ask for your opinion nostalgiafag? Don't reply to my post. Return to reddit.

implying we would ever dare go there

Nostalgiafags BTFO

Report and ignore. Don't give it (you)s

you can't have nostalgia for something you never watched until now .
at least watch something old before you diss it all

>i-i'm not a nostalgiafag! 90's anime is god tier!

most of the strong guys are overemotional twinks, i just think hokuto is good and that more people should see it
what is so wrong about that_

She loves fighting

Don't bother user, we have 2 guys samefagging this thread just to shitpost. Post more old stuff to make them mad.

>Lupin III
>Devilman
>Mazinger Z
>Doraemon
>Getter Robo
>Great Mazinger
>Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
>Cutey Honey
>Space Battleship Yamato
>Captain Harlock
>Galaxy Express 999
>Mobile Suit Gundam

Proof that modern anime is superior

I just finished rose of Versailles. Aside from a few questionable moments, it was a pretty wild ride. Dezakis directing style was visually stunning, the soundtrack was great, and the show had balls for a 70's. It's funny to think how ahead of the times the japs were. In the 70's kids in the USA were watching slapstick cartoons like looney toons, kids in the USSR were watching stop motion educational cartoons, while kids in japan were watching cartoons that were about the bloody French Revolution, boxing or a semi serious war drama with robots, genocide and politics. Sasuga Nippon.

Hehehe, newfriend samefag got btfo'd.

>nostalgiafags unironically think this looks good
the mods can't handle the truth

This poster just obliterated oldfags, nothing they say will ever make them recover. So now that this is finally over I'm sure no oldfags will respond to this poster and face further humiliation, we can let this topic rest now and discuss old anime (obviously knowing it's inferior than modern anime), thanks for everybody cooperation.

Recently rewatched the Lodoss series. The OVAs are still solid, but damn I forgot how bad the TV series was in comparison. Deedlit still and forever best girl though.

I still think that the best time for anime was 2000-2005. So many amazing shows came out during that period.

Yeah, you would think that.

I have the 13 episode tv show in my backlog. Should I delete it, and watch the OVA instead, or do I need to watch the tv series to understand it?

What do you mean? Among the great shows that came out during that time were: Princess Tutu, Kinos journey, Aria, Mushishi, Haibane renmei, Texhnolyze, GITS:SAC, Paranoia agent and many others.

look out redditors, SUPERIOR modern anime coming through

Debatable

The remake was pretty good, too.

The TV series is 27 episodes while the OVA series is the one with 13 episodes. If you have the 13 episode one, then that's probably the OVA series, not the TV series. And you can watch the OVA without watching the TV series.

I picked this up on a whim the other night and was surprised how much fun it is.

This morning I watched an episode of tetsuwan atomu, it was ok. There were some balloons shaped like atomu that abducted children and then the police caught atomu thinking atomu did it. But it was not atomu it was sukanku kusai. Atomu went and beat him up it was cool desu and all the children were freed and everyone was happy.

Don't delete shit, try it out and you might like it. Some people prefer the TV show.

>Deedlit still and forever best girl though.
She was my first waifu before I even knew what a waifu was.

>picked up You're Under Arrest OVAs like a month ago
>still haven't finished it

You know what I mean.

aesthetic

What was with all the action girl animu in the 80s?

Cel has its obvious limitations but it is much better at establishing mood and atmosphere than digital

miss it

I don't know what it is about this style that almost every anime girl had in the 80s, but it still makes me diamonds to this day.

>These past few island episodes have been really fucking strange and bad
user, these were handled by the B-team to bloat the show, it's filler. Just ignore most of it. Anno did once he picked it back up.

it's like the anime version of big hair that was popular in the West and Japan

>two tone Bren Ten
I want one too.

Honestly, I much prefer brighter shows and CEL just couldn't do bright colors very well. Even something like is a bit greyed and dull.

It's whatever you could get your hands on to fap to, I suppose.

Now I don't. And judging by the amount of spammers and trolls in this thread, I have an assumption that you are just fucking with me. And if that is the case, then fuck off.

These threads are always so bad.

How do I enjoy City Hunter again? I've finished first series, but I can't make myself finish the second. It's all the same shit all over again and again. I like the arts, but the animation and the budget are too low. I liked the first chapter of the manga, where the shit is pretty serious and Ryo shoots to kill, not to scare and disarm. But all I see is a stupid comedy.

You fuck off, moron. This isn't you blog, if you don't want to post on topic go whine on your tumblr.

Aside from Lodoss which I've already watched, are there any other good 90s fantasy anime? I've heard good things about Slayers so should I give that a try?

I began working on Giant Robo a week or more ago but still only seen 3 episodes and 19 minutes. It's not very engaging.

Yes, there are a lot of good 90s fantasy anime.

Stop pretending to be ignorant.

Slayers had a pretty good dub, excluding certain characters. Maybe skip TRY.

>some of the best music ever
>fluid animation

it picks up in the last 4 episodes but maybe you just have a bad brain?

Everyone needs a good ole henshin show

Many like it but I don't. You can give it a try, you may end up loving it like many do. But if you find it annoying and obnoxious, it does not get better except for a few episodes at the end of each season (at least 1 and 2).

Recommendation charts also include Escaflowne. It has some strengths, but the main character is trash and really drags down the experience. It has somewhat of a fanbase though.

One anime I really want more people to watch is Magic Knight Rayearth, but the fantasy world is extremely limited with next to no worldbuilding, so may not be what you are looking for.

>it picks up in the last 4 episodes

It goes from good to amazing. It's great from start to finish but your broken ADHD-raddled brain might not be able to appreciate it.

Madbull 34

My negro classmate had a bunch of VHS tapes distributed by Manga Entertainment and Madbull was one of them he lent me.

Escaflowne. It's definitely one of the best fantasy shows in general, and undoubtedly the pinnacle of isekai.

You're not very bright.

>Not just making a pre-2000s thread instead to avoid shitposters.

Don't pretend that those are any better.

Says the guy who finds the best OVA of the 90s and a singular work of animation "not every engaging."

The problem isn't the show; it's you.

Not the user you originally replied to, retard. Next time choose your words more carefully instead of saying what amounts to 'it gets better in the last 4 episodes.'

There would still be shitposters, ridiculous arguments, and people begging for recommendations and sources as usual. The only saving grace is that one autistic tryhard oldfag user isn't here to shit things up by screeching about Usenet forums while telling people he disagrees with to kill themselves.

Wouldn't really recommend Escaflowne. It is such a mixed bag. The animation is God-tier, the music is good-tier, the script is meh-tier, the romance is bad-tier and the characters are shit-tier. I would only recommend it to a hardcore mecha fan, since the mecha designs and fights are amazing. But I would not recommend that someone picked up Escaflowne for the story/romance/characters.

It gets better in the last 4 episodes.

Words are hard.

Your reply is baffling.

It's only 7 episodes long so it's not a recommendation to struggle through hours upon hours of boring content to get to a few good episodes at the end if that's what you are suggesting. When you have seen 3 episodes and hear the last 4 out of 7 are good that's something that's encouraging, not some no-lifer suggestion to spend weeks watching boring anime.

Out of context it seems like an incredibly stupid thing to say.

all of Giant Robo rules you fucking mongoloids