Why are bland comedy shows so popular among the newer anime audience? Why can't they into SoL or more slow paced shows...

Why are bland comedy shows so popular among the newer anime audience? Why can't they into SoL or more slow paced shows? Is it because they have short attention spans, so they need characters screaming and making "jokes" to watch something?

What do you expect from people raised on sitcoms?

Because, unlike your favourite shows, they're actually funny.

Normalfags like sitcoms?

but konosuba is a funny show

People like funny shit

Replace GabDrop with Maid Dragon and I'll agree.

I've only seen GabDro and the first season of KonoSuba so I can't comment on Blend-S, but those two weren't that funny, specially GabDro, the jokes were very predictable.

GabDrop is plain comedy, while Maidragon has some SoL stuff in there. I considered it too anyway.

Maidragon is more a SoL than a comedy, Gabriel Dropout is definitely more a (bad) comedy than anything else

Konosuba's comedy is predictable as fuck aswell. I would say the best parts about it were the interactions between the characters when they weren't screaming like retarded fucks. Sure throw one or two jokes in there, but don't fucking give me the same exact joke during all the season.

KonoSuba is hilarious

Is that a serious question?

Comedy is the most intelligent form of entertainment. No other creature but humans have the capacity to understand humor and laugh.

Meanwhile you watch nothing but cute girl SOL shows because your brain is completely empty and all you think with is your dick. Like an animal.

It is. I don't know what American normalfgas like, but at least here cartoons in general have always been the norm.

hurr anyone who disagrees with me is reddit xdd

Describe to me what makes a comedy bland as opposed to just not being your thing.

>xd
>likes redditsuba
You have to go back.

I agree that towards the end of the first season you know how the comedic skits were going to pan out and how the characters were going to react, but it was pretty fresh at the beginning, with GabDro you knew from episode 1 the punchline of all the jokes, the characters were not only one dimensional but very cliche, with KonoSuba, although also one dimensional. you at least had some unique traits to the characters.

I've only seen GabDrop of those three, but literally every single joke in that show was one I'd seen in another anime.

Sitcoms aren't that popular here anymore.
Most normalfags who watch TV watch long running dramashit like cop shows or the Walking Dead. Netflix shows are becoming the norm.

Not everybody who likes Konosuba is a Redditor, you deluded cuntflap.

>towards the end of the first season
And that's why the second season was absolute garbage from start to finish.

But the execution and context surely weren't the same. I'm not saying it's the most original thing out there, but "bland" is a hard criticism to back up with evidence.

>Not everybody who likes Konosuba is a Redditor
Wrong.

Whatever lets you sleep at night.

Except it isn't. The few jokes that aren't sex jokes are equally predictable and unfunny.

>long running dramashit
>netflix trash
That makes me wonder why isn't drama anime more popular among newfags.

Isn't The Big Bang Theory the most popular show on TV? Why are people saying sitcoms are dying?

Not sure if it was your intention, but this thread is definitely gonna devolve into mindless bickering as both sides parrot shit they heard on the Internet.

>liking shows who's defining traits are that nothing happens
>SOLfags literally talk about "just turning off your brain and enjoying it"
>somehow think people who DON'T exclusively watch those kinds of shows are the dumb
What irony.

>shows who's defining traits are that nothing happens
Life isn't nothing.

I mean... Is there any reason you can't enjoy both?

Yours is.

I don't think his desire to fit in will let him.

Gabu is great. Konosuba is great. Bland Shit is just a wannabe Working trash. Welcome to my filter.

I bet you also think this dog is "happy and smiling" too, and not just that it's probably hot and breathing heavily.

>Sup Forumsin charge to tell me how shitty my taste is.
What is this 2010?

>cute girls
>comedy.
How is it bland, Blend S has like 5 different character archetypes, It can't possibly be bland.

BBT is capeshit so it doesn't count.

I like both. I enjoyed GabDrop and I still love SoL, but it doesn't mean that GD was mediocre and plain. My question is out of curiosity.

Shut the fuck up, Lysanders.

I bet you think only humans have homosexual relationship, rape and kill for fun xD

There's a difference between similar setting and wannabe ripoff. Explain to me how it's the latter.

Any kind of happiness or enjoyment =/= comprehending humor

Reminder which cancer started this fucking trend.

Stay mad kyoanusfag

Imagine being such a fucking hipster you just start hating comedy as a whole.

I enjoy good comedy, sadly the three shows in OP pic are not good comedy

It's because it's fun.

right is good

>not liking one kind of anime that you don't enjoy makes you a hipster
Get a load of this shit faggot.

Why Sup Forums is so awful today.

let me guess you only watch serious mature anime for serious mature otaku such as you?

Sup Forums has been awful for years.

Nice try but no.

when did SOL and comedy become mutually exclusive?

There is nothing great about Konosuba or any of the other shows, they are the epitome of light.

If I want to watch boring SoLtrash I'll go outside

Sitcoms are good though...well classic sitcoms that is.

>Sitcoms aren't that popular here anymore.
Because they're dead. All the sitcoms that are on air nowadays are shovelware trash.

Because cartoons are for kids.

slice of life is literally made for depressed faggots.
I bet if your life was more exciting or you went out every once in a whole you wouldn't give a fuck about slice of life anime.

Because some people like fun escapism instead of poorly constructed, poorly animated advertisements for a yet to be completed manga or LN series that will most likely never be fully adapted, leaving you hoping that the source material gets translated or it comes up with it's own ending that is completely terrible, and is aimed at edgy teenagers anyway.

You've just grown up you liked shit sol shows when you first started now you think everyone should be in your phase of life when they are just introduced to anime.,

I love every single one of the shows you listed, but none of them make my top 30. Not everybody is as limited as you are.

GabDro physically hurt me to watch. I can't fathom how you could love it.

I simply fell in love with Gabu and Satania. Saying that I love Blend S would be an overstatement, though. I did in the beginning, but the show got quite dull, quite fast. Its only worth the time for Kaho.

100% agreement with you on Blend S, though. (right down to Kaho being best) I really enjoyed the first episode but that died pretty quick. The author doesn't know how to handle Maika's S stuff for shit.

But it's particularly awful today.

Blend-S is popular?