How accurate is this film?

When it came out, radical Christians in America camped out of cinemas to protest the film. Some even spit on moviegoers calling them devil worshippers.

Attached: 7B68BB43-F6EC-4247-879D-067A6B9617FA.jpg (980x1459, 216K)

You really think the average Sup Forums retard actually saw this? This board is either cultureless flyover trash or edgy teenagers.

True, thanks for the heads up.

Leave this place, there is no hope!

Well, the book is a much more nuanced thesis: Christ was human and thus subject to all of the desires of the flesh. He suffered from lust, greed, laziness, greed, and rage. The fact that he transcended these earthly desires to become the Christ and lay down his life for sinners is supposed to be more of an accomplishment than the simplistic “Jesus was God, and always knew he was” espoused by modern Christianity.
However, Scorsese kind of got it, but also kind of didn’t. The movie fails to get the theological principles, instead showing Jesus walking around acting an ass and daydreaming about Mary of Magdalene. The movie is a very literal retelling of the book.
Of course, Christians over-reacted. Modern day Christianity has no truck with theology or studying the concept or nature of God. It’s all feel-good emotions and getting saved.

And the Jew prevailed.

I think the film in some parts is a more likely version of what happened than the “official” bible

Unfortunately, you're falling for sensationalism, "Westboro Baptist" style.
The fringe elements are the most entertaining.
Most of the people I knew in the Midwest went to see it before complaining or complimenting, but that's not really newsworthy.
I thought it was pretty good, especially the humanizing stuff. "Oh, this guy wasn't all that different from everyone else. Cool." But that probably shook a few pedestals, so I can understand the reaction.
If I recall, a sequel was recently announced?
Hope Peter Gabriel does the soundtrack again. (great name)

>fagmerimutt thinks hollyjew movies are culture

kek Is this what it feels like to have no culture?

Christ was incapable of sin, and was incapable of being tempted in the same way as we are, because he was incapable of sin.

>piss-poor theology
>personal exegesis
>I understand the Bible better than 2000 years of scholars who have spent their entire lives reading it

Noob

It is blasphemy. Should have been banned.

>>I understand the Bible better than 2000 years of scholars who have spent their entire lives reading it

Quit honestly, I am fairly certain I understand how the bible started out better than the official Christian churches doctrine policymakers.

reading theology is like reading autistic star trek fans trying to come up with scientific explanations for plot holes in TNG

t. saunapro

>mfw this thread

Attached: 2346464.gif (300x264, 1.82M)

What the fuck do you mean accurate? It is a "what is Jesus refused his cross" the entire point of it was to show his crucifixion (and resurrection) were an essential moment in time and history.

>some shifty rabbi Yeshua movie
Who cares?
>blasphemy
Go fuck yourself

Sure, the recorded accounts of the life of jesus from first hand witnesses is less reliable than a fucking book written by a greek trying to make a theological point 2 millennia later. Come on guy, just because you dont like the bibke means you should be making these rationalizations

The film and book it is based on uses the most likely correct facts from all available sources. What the modern bible includes is a heavily streamlined version of 4 selected accounts while leaving out a few dozen other discussions of Jesus’ life.

One thing that routinely bothers me is how people interpret the term 'carpenter'.

It didn't mean he was a lowly serf whittling benches and stools out of scrap wood. Carpenters were responsible for designing and assembling houses and public buildings. It was a critical, respected task.

Attached: 1503537860763.jpg (2000x1485, 1.83M)

I'm sure you think that. Every dummy these days thinks he's an unparalleled genius of the ages.

>I can repeat lame jokes instead of providing rational arguments.

Read a book.

I'm old af and saw this at the Downer theater in Milwaukee. There were people picketing, preaching, and handing out tracts.
Funny thing is, watching the film, it made me feel closer to Jesus and more sympathetic to him because it portrayed his struggles with being the son of God, and the knowledge that he was doomed to die. The protesters should have watched, then critiqued.

It is theologically bankrupt and tells lies about the Son of God. They shouldn't have watched it, because we are not to expose ourselves to sin. This movie is dangerous precisely for the reason you liked it. Christ was not 'just another regular guy'. He was Divine. His humanity was perfect, not having any flaws whatsoever.

Blasphemy should be banned and if not banned then condemned. No one should ever watch it, they should just condemn it.

>Every dummy these days thinks he's an unparalleled genius of the ages.

you don’t have to be a genius to read about the phenomenon of travelling rabbis at the time back then.

>Sure, the recorded accounts of the life of jesus from first hand witnesses

There are no written accounts from the first hand witnesses of Jesus.