Is Kaguya the peak of romance manga?

Is Kaguya the peak of romance manga?

Since Horimiya exists, no.

Horimiya is cuter, but not as funny and emotionally satisfying (the side characters are better in Kaguya).

It's hard to love an Otaku is too status-quo. Nothing major changes.

More like the peak of comedy along with Grand Blue.

You are both wrong. Kaguya is the peak of romantic comedy.

horimiya's plot is stalled and not going nowhere at this moment so nah.

As opposed to Kaguya's riveting romantic progress of course

peak of comedic horror manga maybe

Just by virtue of actually having them actually progress and develop without forcing shitty drama inbetween and not being a fucking shoujo.

I think a better term to describe Horimiya is complete, instead of stalling; don't think there's going to be any more development after the propsal.

Other than that, Hori is way too violent and Miyamura too meek. Kaguya and Shirogane are a much better couple, and they aren't even going out yet.

Used goods

S-She only said she had been in another man's room before, as such she shall remain pure until proven a dick loving slut.

this. There are moments that are purely romantic/serious and some that are completely comedic but the series as a whole only works because of both aspects
Is the web comic better in that regard?

>not showing their first time sleeping together
It's trash. Bonnouji is the best though. Hard to love an Otaku is good too.

I read somewhere that Horimiya still has one development left but the "story" is over for the most part, everything for the past like 30 chapters was adapted from the webcomic anyways. The one thing I don't like is how badly Sawada was dropped, I didn't like how she wanted to get inbetween of the main couple but her story with Miyamura was good for those 2 chapters and then it's never touched again.

But that's Jitsu wa Watashi Wa

That chapter was so sweet.

Say something nice about Fuji!

Its Itoshi no Karin for me.

She has nice taste in hair ribbons, they're as cute as she is.

Huge boobs.

>ishigami likes boobs
Ishixfuji confirmed.

Ok, thanks God I've found a Kaguya thread so I don't have create my own. I've marathoned it in a few days, liked it like I've never liked any romance before. But when I went to see who's the author, turned out that he's the guy who wrote IB(PTSD edition). Now I'm scared that he'll pull something traumatic like Kaguya death or worse.

>Kaguya death
Got you pham.

>”I love you”
>”I know”

I can't believe Kaguya is fucking dead.

Itoshi no Karin became complete fucking shit right after she confessed.

Kaguya already has tons of suffering. Pretty much everyone other than Fujiwara has had a completely depressing childhood, and then there's pretty much everything about the current arc. It's not usually the focus, and when it is, it's about overcoming their traumatic pasts, but Aka is still amazing at writing suffering.

Shirogane's childhood was harsh due to his mom leaving, but not completely depressing. He still has his dad and a younger sister who is as capable as him. Kaguya is the one with the screwed up family.

I'll agree that from what we've seen, Kaguya was the worst off as far as family is concerned- although Ishigami may be the worst off overall. Still, Shirogane has a missing mom, a deadbeat (but hilarious and likeable) dad, and is stuck providing for a family of three while still a teenager. Between that and his studies, he only gets three hours of sleep each night. He seems well off compared to Kaguya, Ishigami, and Iino, but by any other standard he's went through a lot.

And this is without a backstory arc for him- before Kaguya and Ishigami's childhoods became the focus, we had no idea how bad they had it. I'd be surprised if we don't get an arc about how the mom leaving hurt them more than we know.

Sheriff Evans is.

>using Kaguya to shitpost

For shame

i like Fuji's smell

What does she smell like?
Perfume?
High class shampoo?
Old man semen?

komi > kaguya imo. i like them both

Would Kaguya go Gay for Komi's glare?

honestly? probably. just look how serious she is

Miko has parents who are never home as well. Looks like much of the cast has parental issues.

Kaguya has the better president though, much as I love Sengoku.

But at this point, Horimiya either needs to develop the side character relationships more, or get a move on with the entire proposal/pregnancy before I can start saying it's close to my favourite again.

Consider it from a global standpoint. He and his sister go to one of the most prestigious schools in Japan on merit alone, definitely on a scholarship since his dad can't pay the tuition. Sure he's got no money but he already has a shining future. He has a document that will open any path he wants to go for and being one of the top students in Japan means there are going to be foundations fighting to give him a scholarship. Also he's set up for life connection wise since the children of the most powerful figures in the country look up to him.
And it's not like he has sacrificed his social life for that, he has friends, many girls, including the heiress of one of the biggest corporations in Japan are wet for him, and despite being in an elite school, suffers no bullying issues due to his commoner status. Sure though, dude pushes himself too far, and his body is definitely going to break down if he continues to go to such extremes, but it seems he can handle it for now.
Also his mother is still alive, and she can't be such a bitch if the dad is still in love with her and his children can talk about divorce so casually. They can still make up. And despite how bad they get along, his sister doesn't really hate him.
Komi is more comedy than anything. It's more on Jitsu wa level just not as good.

>IshixFuji
>Not Ishigami harem
literally disgusting

This is literally the most romantic non-sexual scene I've ever seen in a highschool romance manga. I love it so much.

Horimiya is pretty stale garbage senpai~ Kaguya is good but Ojojojo is clearly the best romance

Nah, Grand Blue is far superior as far as comedy goes.

>Is Kaguya the peak of romance manga?

It used to be when it was funny and they were actually plotting plans and shit.

It was until we got onto these last few chapters.

Romance manga gotta be top 5 worst genres, out of the hundreds i've read, only 4/5 were worth anything

Depression and despair had been in the manga since the beginning, and love had conquered it, every time.

Apart from him being miserable at the start and the earthquake arc it really hasn't. This is just adding some more drama just for the sake of it.

I like it how Kaguya didn't even talk back when Prez was called her "future husband". She's clearly can't plot shit in that condition.

tasogare otome x amnesia is the best one so far
prove me wrong

Pig slut

I dunno, 4/5 is a pretty damn good rate.

I don't get you people. You get development in Kaguya and you whine about not sticking to the old formula, then you have manga like which do nothing but that, and you complain there's no development.
There's no pleasing you.

Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, we aren't the same people?

Either way my point about Kaguya was that it had something special going and it lost it. I like development but I don't see why they had to drop the schemes and the mind battles completely when they were funny as shit.

Agree, the lack of mind battles is a bit saddening, although I like how there's some more plot.

I'm a bit torn on that.
It was more fun when it was mindgames, since it was a really unique premise. This premise has been lost now, but I still enjoy the manga a lot, it's still great, and it was better than the premise going stale and no progress happening at all.
If there was no way to keep it and yet progress the relationship, and there probably honestly wasn't, it was the right choice. I just kinda wish at times Aka did come up with some way to keep it or something analogous, since, while this kept the manga from going bullshit, it also did make it a bit less funny.
Also, for fuck's sake, can Kaguya occasionally do something cool and crafty again? Can she at least get her own fireworks, at least once, since Prez seems to get a cool moment every arc now? She's losing so hard it's not even funny, Return at least some dignity to her, Aka. The way it's going now, Prez is actually totally gonna be the dominant one in the relationship,

My guess is that she *already* had her cool moment, back when she and Shirogane first met, but we won't see that until a flashback. Also, the birthday arc was sorta Kaguya's victory, not to mention that after creating her routine, we'll see more of Kaguya's schemes as she will no longer ahego simply by being near Prez.
And there are still mindgames, just not always focused on making the other person confess. Kaguya trying to find Prez's underwear, or giving him a massage, were both sorta mindgames.

The bonus part is that she is a oppai loli.

Also the part where she cucked Fujiwara out of her bellmarks. It was so scummy, I loved it

>I like development but I don't see why they had to drop the schemes and the mind battles completely when they were funny as shit.
They had to go eventually because they can't really lead to a healthy relationship. The whole point was that they wouldn't be happy in the end if one of them had to lose; they had to let go of that idea and treat each other as equals.
I'm sure she'll get some great moment eventually. She just got her routine and hasn't gotten to really use it yet, after all. Plus everything said, and stuff like the massage and the elective choice where they plot to make each other happy are some of the best scenes.

Btw, why were the Kaguya raws out so early last time?

That bellmark really would have been useless whether Kaguya pointed it out or not, though.

>They had to go eventually because they can't really lead to a healthy relationship.

What? I don't agree with that at all. Both of them are proudful as fuck, that should have been kept. There was no need for Kaguya to have gone full soft like she has.

There are many ways the author could have dodged a bad end while keeping it, with a double confession for example.

Komi a cute! A CUTE!
Tadano a best! A BEST!

How about no

Not sure I could see either of them accepting that as they were before. In a situation like that, I'd expect them to just continue their rivalry while dating until either one of them wins or they drive each other away. As much as I like the mind games, I prefer their current chemistry, with occasional schemes with each other's happiness in mind. And with Kaguya's new routine I'm hopeful we'll see more of that.

I like Molester Man better

Let me widen your perspectives a bit

Tsurezure children > Komi san > Taisho Wotome Otogibanashi > kaguya

honourable mention Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi. Tbh kaguya isn't that good as far as romance goes. it's good but not that good. i find myself forcing myself to read new chapters, whereas everything else has me jumping in excitement

>Taisho Wotome Otogibanashi
welp time to start this one

>Yes.

You won't regret it. Though you will experience sadness

i'm already sad just seeing the story is completed and only 30 chapters have been translated

>Tsurezure children
>couple of the week shit
>best anything

>OguiexToujou
They just hooked up last chapter, real good shit.

and rage. Don't forget rage at his demon family.

his family is shit, but his little sister doesn't seem all that bad.
i just got to the introduction of that thief with a drunk father, but i am enjoying this so far.
also: OPPAI LOLI

finished that chpater. fuck that delinquent bitch, she made yuzu sad with her lies

>i actually clapped out loud
thank you for showing me the light

Who are you quoting?

myself. it's kinda the file name

Ojojo ended long time ago and last volume still isnt' translated.

Learn how to greentext

>165262641

Honestly, they're good, but none of them hit the same level of hilarity and emotional satisfaction that Kaguya reaches. I haven't seen anything in them that gets me like I can't hear the Fireworks chapters did, or the recent Sports Festival is doing.

Tsurezure is a hit or miss with the couples, haven't read Komi, and Taisho (while good) is short and fluffy. On the same level as Shinobu-san.

>165262727
What a retard.

>haven't read Komi
fix that. it is more of a comedy than a romance, but when the romance hits it hits hard. better than kaguya imo

everything else you said is correct though

>1905
>they probably died in WW2

>Taisetsu na Hanashi
pretty good, but one chapter translated per year is pretty slow (the sixth just dropped this week, apparently)

The style is hard on the eyes though.

i think it gets better as you go on. and the style differences help emphasize more serious scenes

If you can read Kaguya you will have no issues with Komi's style.

I recently read Komi and I'd still say Kaguya's the best, but Komi's a close second. It looks like the romance is getting increasingly important in Komi though, so it could end up overtaking Kaguya. Either way, those two are far above anything else I've read.

Simply put, you're all wrong. there are many great romance and romance comedy series out there, but they were all preemptively topped quite a while ago.

Love Roma reigns supreme.

an actually good male protag

check out the other work he recently finished about a youkai boarding house, also really good

Read that too, it was good but not as good by a long shot.

>This is the best
>That's great but I think this the the best
>While both of those are amazing, I disagree with both of you, this is the best
This is fucking refreshing. Why is the manga half of Sup Forums so much better?

Because, admittedly, as utterly conceited and self-centered as the concept is, its the same as the difference between people who watch TV and people who read books