Koe no katachi

Find a flaw

The chromatic aberration or whatever was a disservice to the beautiful designs.
That's about it.

Ueno is better

He didn't get it

Why did they put a deaf girl in a non special ed class?

Film arc not being adapted made Mashiba pointless.

makes weird sounds when doing dirty things

Not winning the Oscar, preventing us from drowning Sup Forums with shitposting

because japanese people are known for being really ignorant around shit like that

She wanted to be with the normals.

>a flaw

Mashiba isn't much more than a plot device, Kawai's story could have been fleshed out more, Tomohiro's character design is too goofy

It should have been at least one hour longer and adapt the character developments. The break up scene made zero sense without them.

Skipping the backstories/Development of most of the characters, rendering their role in the story pointless.

I can't see her as "cute" because I know that deaf people sound like absolute retards since they never learned to speak. Realistically, "HURR HURR HURR" is all she would be able to speak.

She's already flawed

Hayami Saori isn't my gf IRL.

shes retarded

Are you sure you aren't looking in a mirror my dude?

>factory rejected goods

This

SHE'S DEAF

people who arent born deaf but become deaf can easily speak normally since their brains understand the correct ptiches and tones already

You gotta separate 2d and 3d or you won't enjoy things.

Not for lewd, only cuddles and gentle hand-holding.
And you can be her ears, so she will be perfect in the end.

English voice actor is deaf. She sounded fantastic. Almost too good, the scene where Shouya says her voice is weird was pretty funny since you can actually understand Shouko.

She has needs user. If you can't satisfy her she'll be stolen away by a blonde Japanese playboy.

If Koe No katachi was set in Murica or europe none of this shit would happen,
ex her father wouldnt have dipped if she was deaf
ex 2 bullied kids in murica and eu tend to take the more violent school shooty approach

While I think Yamada and her team did an excellent job condesing the story, it would have been better as a TV anime to expand the stories of the side character (especially Nishimom)
Also this

After marriage and only in missionary pose!

>Mashiba isn't much more than a plot device
Plot devices aren't inherently wrong, though.

>Kawai's story could have been fleshed out more
Why would a secondary character need one in a 2 hour film?

>The break up scene made zero sense without them.
I saw the movie first and made perfect sense to me, maybe it's on your end; try watching the movie again and pay more attention.

>Skipping the backstories/Development of most of the characters, rendering their role in the story pointless.
Their role was very clear, Yuzuru was Shouya's first external conflict, she made him question whether he was really doing it for her or just because he wanted to feel better for bullying her in the past, as he kept trying to get closer, we, the audience get to realize his intentions are pure. In her own way, Ueno wanted to atone for past events, she was doing for Shoya what Shoya was doing for Shoko. She hated Nishimiya for being so apologetic, thinking she was doing it on purpose and while people couldn't understand her, she never tried to understand them back either. Tomohiro and Mashiba are the present and Kawai and Ueno are the past, this contrast plays a role in Shouya's psyche, he believes he's trapped in the past as both Ueno and Kawai keep pulling him back, not letting him forgive himself and put the past behind, and pushing away the present in the bridge scene. I thought the dynamic with Sarada was very interesting, she's basically Shoya if Shoya had no agency, even though their regrets are different, the actions they take (or want to take but are too afraid to in the case of Sarada) are very similar, I think it was no coincidence that Sarada and Shoya are both in the same row during the roller coaster part.

It wouldn't. Most of what the anime ditched was either pointless fluff or subplots irrelevant to the main story.

Manga was great but the movie trimmed all the unnecessary parts in my opinion.

This. Fucking Kyoani ruined muh reaction image screencaps.

She's retarded

The side characters just kinda showed up and didn't feel that relevant. Like glasses' boyfriend, was that supposed to be significant?

Manga is better.

Too late, you fucked up. You should have realized how perverted she was earlier.

Maybe she doesn't want to be surrounded by drooling retards

not enough sahara

mitsuha is better

Movie > manga to be honest.

Deaf kids aren't mentally retarded though, they're just deaf. Special education class is for really slow learners and dyslexic kids.

There is always a back up plan though, Ishida will be happy as long as Shoko happy. There is always available Ueno too.

Why is there no deaf hentai?

she isnt for lewding

Try to not find a flaw

e z

>Someone mentioned Miyoko
Never happened before.

>Most of what the anime ditched was either pointless fluff or subplots irrelevant to the main story
At the very least I wished they looked into Nishimom's backstory to explain her defensive/seemingly bitchy attitude

Plot devices aren't "inherently wrong" but his character comes off as extrenuous and doesn't fit anywhere besides forcing the story in a certain direction. Kawai because she offers a unique and interesting perspective and I don't think the movie did well to illustrate her motivations and actions. I think if done well her perspective could have elevated the film even further.

>demon mother
These are the type of things I didn't like from the manga. Shit like "Oh I beat boredom today" or the comically awful father. I'm not asking for realistic dialogue and characters, just believable and a bit of subtlety. I saw the movie first and I understood why she was so defensive based on educated guesses, I mean, she's a single mother of two, one of which is deaf and gets bullied regularly, the other is a misfit. I assumed the father either left or was dead, they live in a pretty small apartment, it's not hard to understand her situation and why she's the way she is. You don't need a line of her saying hurr Imma become a demon mother.

I just realized I kept calling her Sarada instead of Sahara.

It's from special that was made for the movie, in manga it is actually more subtle, we learn about it from grandma letter, or rather from Yaeko flashback.

>in manga it is actually more subtle
You can't be more subtle than to not tell instead leave the viewers to figure it out themselves, the movie did that.

You can enjoy a movie and point out flaws user - no need to defend it to death.

I don't remember if Grandma actually saying it straightforward, but it's heavily implied.

It has flaws, what the anime removed isn't one of them.

He's stating simple facts, not defending anything "to death"

Manga > Movie, manga's drama is decent while movie's is ugh. That being said the author should just do Sol

I want to make Shouko's mother feel like a woman again.

Naw

That male teacher who didn't speak up when deafy was getting bullied and losing her hearing aids. Only after the principle got involved did he grow a spine.

I'm trying to branch out from just shonen battle stuff. I've watched this and Your Name. I plan on watching more Shinkai films. Are there any other good or just fun films like this? I only heard of those two through Sup Forums, so I figured I might as well ask.

Lurk more then.

Fair enough.

Pshhh, don't tell the mods.

Wow, that's amazingly detailed. Thanks a lot.

I disagree wholeheartedly, the drama and characters in the manga are way too over the top some times.

Are penises really that emotionally scarring?

Honestly not a big fan of either drama but I thought the manga had more to it for the simple fact of having more content, not all of it is great sure but there are tons of good parts missing or altered in the movie. I'd agree that it get tiring by the end though.

Do a social experiment, user, just gotta find a middle schooler.

Chex

it's chromatic ab and spherical ab, it's how real (old and/or shit) cameras work

Suffering when you watch this alone.

The side characters didn't need their stories expanded.

What I meant is that it makes zero sense plot-wise, giving absolutely no impact without the character development.

This sort of bullying would never even happen in Europe, at least not in German speaking countries. The bully would either get stopped by students, or the teachers/parents would whip the kids ass in no time. Especially when he decides to damage a disabled persons property. You have school a bunch adult be on this before the could beg to not get expelled.