(((STEM))) BTFO

Attached: 1517126861684.png (847x696, 702K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5j3gpPfRVUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dont make a thread without linking the article you faggot

>t. salty stemfag without a Google job

>Valerie Strauss

Attached: strauss.jpg (859x383, 60K)

I agree, diversity is more important. Google should hire women of color and trans* individuals with gender studies and sociology degrees, as they have a proper understanding of intersectionality and the issues that affect marginalized groups.

Big surprise.
1. Google is not a STEM company, at least any more. It is earning money through its monopoly status.
2. Withing a big corporation, among all the people who don't earn money, the prosperous ones are those with the skills to suck up to superiors and sleep their way up.
3. STEM is an attribute of middle class, which is in decline now. Avoid being middle class, prefer being upper class instead.

Yes goy, don't go into STEM, work somewhere else so I can get six figures to copy paste code

hmm

Attached: strauss2JPG.jpg (486x360, 30K)

256 - Science furthers ability, not knowledge.
The value of having for a time rigorously pursued a rigorous science does not derive precisely from the results obtained from it: for in relation to the ocean of things worth knowing these will be a mere vanishing droplet. But there will eventuate an increase in energy, in reasoning capacity, in toughness of endurance; one will have learned how to achieve an objective by the appropriate means. To this extent it is invaluable, with regard to everything one will afterwards do, once to have been a man of science.

Pretty much all businesses in the world say that to the public.

Ethic or some faggot characteristic are more likely to be considered a more important skills;s

post link you retard

it's going to be more prominent for luxury jobs in luxury countries. if i applied to pour concrete in brazil they would check my physical condition before they questioned my moral fiber.

Google is a joke

Why would any sane person want to work at Jewgle?

wtf are you on, methadone?

the pay is amazing

if you can tolerate the sjwism you make mad money to shit out code

Blogposting follows, you have been warned.

>Be me
>Last months of degrees
>Get contacted by google employee, asking me to apply
>Do so
>Get 90% of the way through their process
>End up getting flown (free of charge) to do a day of interviews at their HQ
>All of the engineers are thrilled with me, have a lot of neat conversations
>A few weeks pass
>HR person: "We don't think you'll be a good fit for our culture"
>Baffled
>Demore memo comes out
>Everything makes sense now
>End up getting a job in the space industry instead
>A year and a half later
>Get another email saying they want me to interview again
>Reply with three paragraphs just short of telling them to fuck off
I don't care if it was autistic, it was the most satisfying thing I've done in months.

Attached: mathfagsBTFO.png (2518x1024, 341K)

Not in comparison to the cost of living near it.

>have a lot of neat conversations
kek, they do that when you are hopeless

>jewgle

Right, the most important skills are the skills that Google can rake from your slave labor in ads.

((Google))

It's better that you asians start studying social studies. Nothing to gain from STEM. Move along.

As opposed to doing what? Just staring at each-other for an hour? I spent an entire work day not just doing sit-down interviews, but touring the building, having lunch, and discussing projects I had worked on in the past.

If your interview doesn't turn into an interesting conversation, then you did it wrong, and you probably didn't get the job.

the pay/benefits are amazing, but you work inhuman hours and you essentially live on the worksite. sure they take care of your laundry and food etc, but they essentially own you and your political thoughts.

is this for a dev position? you are supposed to be coding the entire way, they'd give out more questions as you pass them

>(((STEM)))

wow the shills are n full force today

>work inhuman hours
only if you let it. my team is 7 hours day

me 2005: i cant wait to be a programmer and work for google in california
me 2018: google is destroying society, modern technology is controlling people's minds, and california needs to be nuked

it's a quote from nietzsche, you retard. from "human, all too human", aphorism 256.

>Interviews are coding tests, nothing else
Oh dear. Do you want to know how I know you don't have a job in software?

I'll humor you: they had something like 8 phases to the process, the coding tests were back in phase 3 through 5, way before they were giving out free plane tickets and hotel reservations.

Me 2018: I want to form a tech company, get rich, ad live it up. People are sheeple

They finally had to come to terms with the fact that blacks, browns, and women are bad at STEM so now STEM is suddenly not important.

what sort of coding tests do software employers hand out?

Lol you're saying I can get free shit just by applying there?

If you are lucky, string manipulation. If you are unlucky or they don't like you, graph, dynamic programming, NP.

Google does not need anyone from STEM
Google gets everything from DARPA
youtube.com/watch?v=5j3gpPfRVUs

It's a lie. They do not care anout your "morals"

STEM meme got me a $500,000 house and a boat while my Polisci friends are still renting cuckpartments.

of course not, color of skin, ethnicity and lack of christian values are the most important skills google needs

also networking, forget knowledge or skills

It really depends on the company. I had one where I had to write a program to detect an image embedded in the metadata of another image.

For most companies, if you can do the exercises out of a decent C++ or java book, you'll be fine.

However, the main thing that will set you apart is your portfolio. A good couple of Github projects is worth a million fizzbuzz's.

Literally just string manipulation? No wonder these big tech companies are going down the tubes

>Learning how to think logically and procedurally with the scientific method isn't important

Attached: 1512102405426.png (1024x900, 78K)

It's more so that CS and SE in general were never "up the tubes" to begin with. The overwhelming majority of developer and engineer applicants can't program their way out of a paper bag due to some really outdated university curriculum that insists on teaching algorithms and data structures that aren't currently in use due to changes in the cost of hardware, and because those are easy to test.

Of course not, it's usually structured as a series and if you think it's easy you'll fail the trick question

t. brainlet-mutt

Google is a mistake

Attached: 1421748464037.gif (490x367, 916K)

Well, nietzsche was probably on methadone or something similar.

(((Jewggle)))

With this sort of HR department, Google is not going to last. They'll hire all diverse and people people, then try to get some of them to write and improve search algorithms. Soon a real programmer will make a more effective search engine without too much difficulty and Google will go the way of Yahoo.

Well, they have AI that can do that now. They used you, now they don't need you.

It is like the Pope saying, "no need for stone cutters...", after all the cathedrals had been completed.

You are nothing more than a repicant to the march of civilization.

But the scientific method can lead to conclusions that aren't what we're looking for. We must consider carefully whether the result will be good for the society we want to build before we go down that path.