All For One

Why didn't All For One try and steal One For All?

We don't really know the specifics of quirk theft. It might require a broken will from the stolen party. We don't know. Either way it would have made for an anticlimactic fight.

Also All Might didn't even fucking have One for all anymore. He gave it to Deku

Maybe he can't take back something he gave away already. Granted he didn't give away OfA itself but one of the quirks that made it. He's clearly a smart villain so this may be the reason why he didn't do that.

I'm more curious as to how he lost that fight. I mean, he technically has every superpower in existence, right? Why turn it into a punching match?

You'd think the solution would be to work up some kind of titanic blast power and just nuke him. I mean, I know I wouldn't want to fight the guy who can hit like the United States.

Maybe stealing a quirk requires an actual procedure instead of snapping fingers and boom it's done. If AFO could steal quirks that easily he'd be way to OP and impossible to defeat.

During the fight with All Might, we saw him shoot some sort of chain to steal a person's quirk.

One For All can't be stolen, only given.

because he is a idiot who doesnt know how to correctly use his powers,

or stealing quirks takes time so he couldnt do it on AM, and the previous owners didnt meet AFO,

and in nanas case AFO killed her so he couldnt take OFA,

or: he doesnt want it

It was stated that OfA cannot be taken by force. It might be a special property of it, since it's a mutation. It might be linked to willpower.

Would that make him, by transitivity, All For All?

>BNH has a shit writing
In other news water is wet

That was stated in the context of someone eating the holder's DNA, not in general.

I think it was explained by All Might saying that Deku couldn't have his OfA taken without his consent. So OfA is a quirk that only the user can give so it can't be taken by AfO.

His extendo fingers only forcibly activate another person's quirk which is how he got Kurogiri to make a portal despite being out cold. We haven't seen his quirk stealing on panel.

This again? OfA is unstoleable, you have to be willingly give it, and if AfO didn't steal it you can assume that his stealing quirk can't overcome that rule.
Also, why a new thread just to ask this?

Why doesn't AfO mold the perfect hero candidate using a variety of mind and boduly control quirks and sneak him into the current OfA user's life to fool the current OfA user into making a sleeper agent into his successor?

Well, even if he steals a quirk can he even improve it if he has it? If only scrub-tier heroes or civilians have it and he can't improve on it when he steals the power then there's not point in using it against the strongest hero.

>all
For one

>speedreading

???

when All Might gives Deku One For All he says that it cannot be taken only given.

See

That is how it is transferred but they still need to want to pass it on otherwise Stain would have OfA

i think this would apply to any DNA transaction. OfA's ability is that it cannot be stolen or removed unless plot demands it

The point is that All Might never said it cannot be stolen by another quirk.
He only said that it cannot be stolen by someone eating Deku's DNA.