Who were the only people to never be colonized?

Who were the only people to never be colonized?

Attached: W.Pitt.Nap.CarveUpGlobe.gillray_plumpudding.jpg (800x573, 167K)

I'm not sure I've never studied anything about colonialism.

Attached: BiIt8VBCMAA1jPr.jpg (426x568, 53K)

It depends what you mean by colonized. Russia colonized Siberia in a sense, but it was very different from what happened in Africa.

Russia was colonized by Norse people who traveled their and conquered the local people, and was then later colonized by the Mongolians in exactly the same sense as Africa.

Mongols colonized Russia

Japan and korea as i know.

The modern Japanese people are the descendants of colonists who displaced and nearly exterminated the natives.

Japan colonized Korea multiple times throughout history.

Like I said, it depends on the definition of colonization. Mongols conquered them and made them pay. They never settled in Russia though.

>Mongols conquered them and made them pay. They never settled in Russia though.
Then a vast majority of Africa was never colonized either.

Mongols left the Russians to themselves as long as they were paid. They governed themselves however they wanted as long as they paid and did not fight. They were more vassal/puppet states than colonies.

Everyone has conquered everyone at some point. I guess Ethiopia was technically never colonized, though Italy did take it over during WWII. That doesn't say much about Ethiopia, there wasn't much to colonize

the 'natives' had also colonized Japan from Siberia albeit quite a bit earlier and the Japanese mixed heavily with them.

what about the arabs

were they ever conquered/colonized

Probably the most colonized people in history.

Literally nobody. Even shitholes like Mongolia and Tajikistan have been colonized by communists.

Okinawa is an American colony.

The Kurils and Hokkaido are quickly becoming Russo-Chinese colonies too

Maghrebi-Berber-Arab-Iranian-Turkic intermixing led to weird quasi-colonial periods where majority populations of one ethnicity would be replaced, but because it migrated rather than died out.

The Nordics, unless you count them conquering each other as "colonization". Not doing too well on the vermin infestation nowadays though.

If they weren't colonized they don't exist.

how?

they were the only ones that colonized europeans (other than the mongols)

some intermixed but I'm not sure if the anyone actually conquered them

Not even the Turks conquered them in the Ottoman days

Sumerians, Babylonians, Hittites, Lydians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Latins, Turks...

The Sentinelese, from The Sentinel Islands near India. They havent even been successfully contacted.

persians conquered arabia?
turks conquered arabia?

wut

TL;DR: if you just refer to modern period, ''New World'' and classic meaning of the world, that would be Ethiopia, Thailand, Japan, most of Arabian peninsula.

Long answer: Depends what you mean by colonization.
All of regions of the world were ''colonized'' one time or the other, if you count any settlement of a different group to some region.
If by colonization you mean a more organized affair, then it also depends how you count it. Do you follow entire history of a region, or just the history of some polity? Do you count all regions, which over time became a part of the polity, or were returned to the polity, or you just count whether some polity retained sovereignty during the period?
Scale of ''colonization'' also matters. Do you just count nobility of a certain country assuming control over some region, or mass movement of people?
If latter, then there's few regions of Europe and world that weren't colonized.
You need to specify what ''colonization'' means to you.

>If latter
Sorry, meant ''if former''.

True but they are also primitive group. By those standards you can also include various Amazonian tribes, Inuits and such.

Thailand (meaning land of the free) has never been.