Kare Kano

Why is it so underrecognized? It was made by the evangelion director

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/underrecognize#English
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

golden classic

It being unfinished makes me not want to remember it.

>underrecognized

Granted I'm not super deep into anime, but I've been a fan for a long time, and all of my friends are obsessed with anime, and I've never heard of Kare Kano. I only found out about it because I saw it in Anno's filmography

It is literally better than Evangelion

We need Rebuild of Kare Kano

It's a wonderful anime, but with some very serious flaws. The mix of realism and cartoon effects was great, and it had one of the best romances in 90's anime. But that goddamn ending...

isnt this a manga?
i think i read it but i cant remember too well
i remember the manga having a lot of side notes

It goes to shit after Anno left production, so the last few episodes feel really disconnected from everything else. The original mangaka hated Anno's directing too.

I'm talking about the anime. As far as I know, it's the same plot but with a conpletely different presentation since Anno added his flair all over it

The thing she hated about the adaptation was the fact that it focused more on the comedy than the typical shoujo drama and not Anno's directing in particular.

It amazes me that this sort of thing happened with Gainax not only one or twice but three times with their productions.

His point was that you clearly don't speak English.

guess ill try it

When did Anno leave?

I can agree up to a point, you can tell that the strongest element in the show is the comedy, but at the same time you can see that there's a pretty strong romance story, that while pretty fucking good, gets undercut by the comedic aspect.

It was considered a classic and hugely popular in the nineties. However like a lot of shoujo anime from the 90s it has faded from memory because shoujo isn't really a thing anymore. Girls show read shounen (because shounen is including more female characters/male fanservice) or blatant fujoshibait like Free!! and Yuri!!! on Ice. Every show that seems like it's superficially targeted to girls turns out to be moe/lolicon fodder for otaku, who are a more powerful and twisted target market than they were 20 years ago.

I liked the animu and even finished the manga awhile ago. 9/10.

After the episode when they fuck for the first time. If you watch the show, the drop in directing,pacing and animation from that point onwards is abysmal.

That is just before the new semester with the transfer student right? Yeah, it really went downhill from there.

Yup, that whole thing with the ex fat kid went nowhere.
There's still maybe 2 good episodes after that though, one of them was about yuki's sister i think.

>Yup, that whole thing with the ex fat kid went nowhere.

Read the manga.

Yeah no shit.
The anime went nowhere with that. We were talking about the show's production issues.

it's great but the 2 recap was unnecessary

Last few episodes were terrible.

en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/underrecognize#English
I don't think both of you speak English

*either

You got me there. I forgot how to phrase properly as a result of watching hours of gramatically incorrect subs

No, that was not my point. I was indeed questioning how anyone could consider KareKano underrecognised. It's not the most debated show around here but if there is something like an Sup Forums consensus then it's that KareKano is one of the best high school romcoms out there. It's just not much meme material like EoE so people don't make daily threads about it.

>they fuck for the first time
Did this even happen in the anime? I can't remember anything like that.

Yes, that whole episode leads to that conclusion and the actual scene heavily implies it even though they don't show anything. Oh and i think there's a director's cut version or something that shows it more clearly, but nothing explicit.
Also i guess mangafags can confirm.

Rape scene ruined it

Which episode exactly are we talking about, is it 18? Because nothing happens there, at least nothing to that extent.

either 16 or 18 i think

I interpreted that as "nothing happened". Maybe it's different int the manga.

>Walk me home gently.

How to get Yukino gf, Sup Forums?

huh?

How did the anime end? I can't separate the manga and anime in my memory anymore. I remember the manga ending being pretty conclusive.