Is it just me or it seems like every minor character in Part IV is introduced and homicidal maniac and the next time we...

Is it just me or it seems like every minor character in Part IV is introduced and homicidal maniac and the next time we meet them it's like "Guys, sorry for fucked up shit yesterday, wanna hang out?"

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/notadelinquent
docs.google.com/document/d/1pgcnMshVrs7ZqvtACT3PWweRpmJOXSNyu7O9qf4M21g/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Araki is a hack, especially in 4.

Maybe it's more like Morioh should represent a small community, where everyone know their local town rapist and other weirdos and just accept them like you accept your weird uncle living in the basement in his 40s?

Watching the anime of part 4 right now. Not gonna lie, it's pretty mediocre.

Should I just skip ahead to the episodes with Kira? Or do I have to watch all of this shit for it to pay off in the end?

Part 4 is only good when Kira or Rohan are involved in something.

pretty much this

I'll skip ahead then. I'm on the Yukako episode now. It's physically painful to watch.

Don't miss the episodes with ugly midget schoolbuy who collects lost coins with his stand.

I love that motherfucker.

>skipping anything

This a common anime writing trope, especially with older anime. Nips back then didn't bother with character deconstruction and just sort of rolled with things. I agree its stupid tho.

he doesnt live in the basement and his parents live with HIM because he bought the house so fuck off

Who drew that?

Found it on this page via startpage search:

twitter.com/notadelinquent

Yes because the writing is terrible.

>The secret to drawing good manga is realism!!!
>2 volumes later
>Ahh, this book on plants will be good reference material.

>Red Hot Chilli Peppers has no motivation to fuck with people, he just does cause Araki sucks dick

>Two rats that have the same Stand

>There's a second Arrow lol

>Joseph comes to Morioh to help find bad guys
>never helps to find the bad guys

>Kid has cameras planted in his own house
>Kid can't even see Stands but still explains Josuke how to fight Kira

>It sounded like Josuke screamed
>Must have been the rain

I could go on, but Part 4 is filled with shit like this. It's what keeps me from continuing the manga.
Part 1 and 2 are a million times better than whacky Stand of the week shit.

Watch.
16-17
21-24
27-30
34-39

>an RP account filled with cropped and stolen images
This is a nightmare.

teens are like that, that's the only good thing about shit kids, they are different persons every half a year (this is why be yourself libmeme is so fucking funny)

>Kid
appealing to shonen jump audience
>arrow
arrowheads are shards of a certain meteorite, of course there will be more than one
>rats
star platinum - the world retcon, or you know, the established law how the things work here, same family members can have the same stand
>muh Joseph
incurable decease of yours but if you like following charismatic chars that much you will probably like both Jolyne pt6 and Gyro pt7. Both these parts are not episodic as well.

These two posts sum it up. Teens have fragile egos and want to be special. In small communities the youth usually end up self-policing their social groups to an extent. Morioh's an extreme version where the problem kids are acting out with psychic powers.

Part 4 (and 3 and 5 and 6) are total hackjobs with mediocre story and writing, this is a fact.
People, me included, love the series for the silly and bizzare moments and the over-the-top action scenes. It's not for everyone.

>muh Joseph
I'm not even complaining Araki made him a retard.
It's just that he's there to help find the bad guy.
But he doesn't.
It's not even brought up, it's just shitty writing.
There's just a whole lot of bending the story around to keep it exciting (for dumb kids) which is annoying.
Even if there's an explanation why there's several arrows, it's pretty convenient that there's 2 in the same town.
That way we can make more stand users that don't add anything to the story and you'll forget about soon after!

>a whole lot of bending the story around to keep it exciting
name 3 examples

well there was a dude just running around assaulting everyone with the arrow like some butt-blasted AIDS terrorist. The charm of the thing is SOL and Josuke is true son of Joseph with some of his features but with his own as well but I don't know if it was done good in the animation, I only read the mango.

>Joseph being shoehorned into the story
>Kira escaping because Crazy Diamond is wildly inconsistent
>O MY ARROW

>star platinum - the world retcon, or you know, the established law how the things work here, same family members can have the same stand

Part 7 spoilers ahead
The world was manifest of Dios courage. Proof is when we see it in part 7, even thought Diego/Dio hasn't invaded Jonathans or Johnnys body.

>Introduce Shigechi
>dies literally an arc later

>after that introduce a new hair salon girl
>dies literally the arc after her introduction AGAIN just to build up Kira because Araki doesn't want to kill off his other side characters
Oh come on at least space out the deaths so that it's not that retarded, it's obvious they were were introduced just to die. the anime moved things around a little so it's a little better.

It takes strength to use a stand (remember when Holly was on her death bed because of merely HAVING a stand?), stand powers may decay with age, Joseph didn't give a fuck about Hamon but because he was using it he was able to be useful during Stardust Crusaders, and then the age finally took a tool on him so he could barely walk without a cane, yet alone use stand efficiently or have sharp mind. I would like to see you doing at least as well as Joseph when you are in your 80s.

Shigechi maybe, but Araki said he forgot about Cinderella girl until the last minute for Kira's escape.

Then why did autistic Jotaro tell him to come to the town in the first place?

Switching the main villain several times. "Haha here's the REAL bad guy you have to stop!"
First it's Angelo, then Okuyasu and his brother, then Red Hot Chilli Pepper, then Kira and his father.
It's pretty obvious Araki didn't have this planned out properly.
Angelo was even the "Serial killer lurking somewhere in this peaceful town" who's role Kira played later on.

There being a second arrow and Kira's father flying around with it to create new Stand users. The story being dragged out with such a shitty excuse is pretty lame.

Joseph showing up and never doing the thing he came for. Nobody even mentioning it.

Bite the Dust power-up was even more bullshit that Star Platinum being able to stop time.

Or take how it's established that Rohan values realism the most when drawing manga. To draw a bug you have to know how it tastes. Then later on he goes to buy a fucking book on plants for reference material. Fighting over the book was a reason to play rock–paper–scissors with that one kid. But it contradicts how he's supposed to care about realism.
At first Heaven's Door only works when people look at his manga. Then he "improves his abilities" or some bullshit and can just draw doodles in the air to activate Heaven's Door. That's a little offender but it's just not consistent, and all of Part 4 is like that.

Source. It's awfully convinient that he introduced a face swapping character then killed her off in the following few chapters after using her ability on Kira.

To meet his son, maybe? Because he might not make it in the next few years when another occasion will present itself?

docs.google.com/document/d/1pgcnMshVrs7ZqvtACT3PWweRpmJOXSNyu7O9qf4M21g/edit
>I didn’t think at all about using Cinderella to change his appearance. When he was cornered and I was thinking hard about how Kira might escape, lighting struck me and I realized ‘hey I could just use Cinderella which I wrote about last episode!’ I’m basically thinking at a week-by-week interval and never about what happens after that. I don’t know about Jump manga these days, but it’s all about how I make this week interesting for me.

Why didn't they just use that excuse instead of forcing him into the story by making it seem like the crew needs him?

>Then later on he goes to buy a fucking book on plants for reference material.
Araki didn't include the scene where Rohan makes a fine paper pasta out of this book, eats it with a pinch of oregano and then draws the book.

>I’m basically thinking at a week-by-week interval and never about what happens after that.

The absolute hack.

That's the Hokuto No Ken style of writing. Never plan ahead for anything.

Because no matter how senile Joseph is, he still is an asset. Jotaro is well aware that he can expect some badassery from him, and in the end he was useful (saving invisible baby), just not in the way everyone thought.

Read it instead. The pacing and visuals are absolute dogshit in the anime. The manga was absolutely great.
>Jolyne
>charismatic
Is this a fucking joke?

The story starts with Jotaro having a picture of Angelo taken by Joseph.
He also uses Hermit Purple when he finds the invisible baby.
Him being old and retarded is no excuse when he's shown to be able to help.

He came to Morioh to help find Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
Meeting Josuke was part of the reason though.

johnny

>Is this a fucking joke?
Why would it be?

Literally the best part of the anime is the music. You're honestly best off just reading the manga with the soundtrack playing in the background.

A FUCKING ALIEN
WHO IS MAYBE A NUTCASE STAND USER
WE WILL NEVER KNOW

Also, Josuke finding Kira's jacket button and not using Crazy Diamond to track it back to him like he does all the time.

>Kira taking a guy's face and just going back to this guy's family hoping they don't notice the voice change
>they don't
And this could have been made not stupid just by saying that the Cinderella Stand also changes your voice.

How did kira bypass Cinderella's lipstick requirement

By threatening the living shit out of it's stand user.

How did a half dead Kira gain enough distance from the crew chasing him to have enough time for all this?

He asked Araki to extend the story.

Crazy diamonds power literally changes how it works at least three times. Sometimes he can only revert things to what they were like, sometimes he can turn people into objects, sometimes he can just create something brand new like when he turns street bricks into a barrier.

Bites the dust is genuinely more confusing than king crimson is if you aren't reading shitsubs (with a crappy, overly long explanation added in after the fact thats not even correct)

Echoes act 3 is entirely horseshit. Koichi literally just randomly gets the exact power he needs to beat SHA and it also means that araki doesn't have to write every fight around koichi having endless potential for different sound effects because now he only uses the one power (even though its implied that act 3 is actually just a step up from words being power to wordplay being power, he only ever does 3freeze thing even in part 5)

>Josuke's rage over someone making fun of his hair literally only happens once against rohan and never comes up again yet part4-fags have turned it into one of his key personality points

Oh, sorry, I guess it also happened at the very start with josuke vs jotaro for 5 seconds and THEN never comes up again

>Crazy diamonds power literally changes how it works at least three times. Sometimes he can only revert things to what they were like, sometimes he can turn people into objects, sometimes he can just create something brand new like when he turns street bricks into a barrier.

I think Josuke just don't realize what it's power really is, just like Jotaro never realized he could stop time.
Crazy Diamond may as well be super powerful stand that manipulates any matter and shapes it to any form, but Josuke has a limitation purely in his head.
It's like giving a gun to a caveman without him realizing that it can be used for something other than smashing things with it's hard metal edges.

Josuke is like an even blander Jonathan, without a Dio counterpart and some slight delinquent traits that are just for style.

The hair thing was really stupid "characterization", to be fair. I'm glad it was quickly dropped.

Just as random as him being deadly scared of turtles for like 1 chapter.

>Crazy diamonds power literally changes how it works at least three times. Sometimes he can only revert things to what they were like, sometimes he can turn people into objects, sometimes he can just create something brand new like when he turns street bricks into a barrier.
He reforms broken shit, and can choose to leave like it was before or change its shape (like the guy whose face he altered in the very first episode). To turn the street into a barrier he just shapes it like that, it's not inconsistent.

And if by turning people into objects you mean Angelo, he didn't turn him into a stone out of nothing. He broke him and the stone apart, then restored them merged together. I don't think that's too big a stretch.

The power of friendship!

He turns the guy with the stand that works on fear into a book in the library that just exists as a spooky urban legend for years to come

Oh yeah, that.

I legitimately think most of part 4's problems could be fixed with the introduction of an autistic ojou.

>Highway Star can teleport

>Josuke on motorcycle grabs a cellphone and ends up breaking it cause he was going so fast and didn't grab it carefully
>doesn't fix the phone with Crazy Diamond but steals another phone instead

Also, how did that room get into the tunnel where Rohan ends up.
Why does he see Kira there when he drives by in the bus?
It's no part of Highway Star's ability I'm pretty sure.

It's still there even if you ignore it.

Araki said one of Part 4 themes was defeating the "evil" within people. Hence why there's a lower head count compared to other parts.

>yet has a serial killer as the main villain
>doesn't kill anyone but two shitty side characters

There's nothing evil about wanting to live a normal life, but Kira's methods were messed up. That's why he wasn't killed by any of the main characters and died in a normal way.

His goals weren't over the top like Dio, he just wanted to survive.

Again restoration. Josuke restored him using that piece of paper that was part of book.

That part always fucking annoyed me. That guy didn't deserve a fate worse than death. It also didn't fit Josukes character at all.

>Don't remember Crazy Diamond ability works when it actually have a piece of the object it's trying to fix.
Stop it user.

>but Part 4 is filled with shit like this

The series in filled with shit like this don't lie to yourself. The only part that's close to grounded was part 1.

Part 4 is more frustrating because Araki tries to make some slice-of-life and a single scenario that attempt to feel alive rather than going crazy with a bizarre adventure. Dio is such an over-the-top character that anything is posible around him but Yoshikage Kira just want a normal life on some Japanese small town. Different standards.

it's still set in the same bizarre world as all the other parts, just in a smaller scope. I don't see the issue

>ASB Josuke voice
>ANIME Josuke voice
Who wins?

> animeonly fags unironically think the second best part is bad
I thought people gave you retards too much shit, but I guess it was well deserved.

Part 4 is the second worst part.

What's the worst part?

Part 9

What did he screw up with?

Of course they act this way. Giving the school/town outcast powers that they don't know anyone else has gives them a huge ego boost and makes them overconfident and dangerously full of themself. They gotta have some sense knocked into them, like an older kid beating up the jerky new kid.

Pretty sure you'd do the same if someone tried to kill/threaten your mom with powers that most people can't see.

Amen

All of Jojo is filled with plenty of bullshit but I still love it.

Wrong

jotaro dies.

No I wouldn't, what Josuke did is a hundred times worse.

Araki writes many things in to draw intrigue and attention and then forgets about them. Remember Dio intercepting and exploding Hermit's surveillance prior to Yellow Temperance, or J. Guile's rain-mysteriously-missing-him?

>It also didn't fit Josukes character at all.
Did you miss the beginning of Part 4 where he trapped Angelo in a fucking rock formation for killing his grandfather? Josuke does not fucking hold back on those that threatened his family.

Angelo already killed dozens and murdered his grandfather. Terunosuke was just a curious kid and the other stand users were much worse than him, hell Akira gets to walk off scott free after killing Okuyasus dad.

Part 4 sucks

>JoJo is garbage
In other news water is wet

Fpbp

thats how true friendships are born.

Josuke vs random guy, Josuke vs Jotaro, Josuke vs Angelo and Josuke vs Rohan

No shit it wasn't planned, part 3 was meant to be the last part.