3x3 thread

>these threads are dead lately
Sup Forums sure is dying

8/8

mobileshitposters non-friendly

Sauce on the visual novel in the bottom line, mid spot?

>le petit prince

The fuck man.
Almost legit 10/10

I never post my 8x8 cause the last few times I did, people said I was casual or reddit or shit posting or xwhateverx for liking the most popular things in anime that have ever existed. Look at any top ten list and my 8xi are in them, every time.

7/9 -rakugo and bebop
Yo man do you honestly expect me to know what anime those fucking rice balls are from?
This isn't bad if I ignore everything except your anime picks.

>Yo man do you honestly expect me to know what anime those fucking rice balls are from?
Well yea because a) the show aired less than 6 months ago, b) it was one of its most powerful scenes and c) the onigiri are pretty damn unique.

>Ledditor
>Cries when called out on it

Ever thought about the fact that an 8x8 is a completely retarded amount? Thats 64 anime(S!!!), how the hell is that a list of favourites?

For the sake of discussion, how often do you guys find your favorite shows changing? For me it feels like one or two shows rotate out of what I'd term my favorites every year or so, either based on reflection or on something I've rewatched and gained new appreciation for.
3/4, nice taste on SamFlam
+Tatami Galaxy, Bebop, SamFlam
-Space Dandy
2/3 on your anime, SnW is great though.
+Snw, Galaxy Express
-Monster
4.5/4.5 I guess? I've not watched all of Urusei Yatsura but I do like it.
+Kiki's Delivery Service, LWA, FLCL, Tatami Galaxy, Urusei Yatsura
Post it nerd
3/5, I like Geass a whole lot as a trainwreck/spectacle but I don't think I like it enough to say I *like* it.
+Monogatari, FMA, K-On,
-AssClass, Geass

making your 3x3 black and white doesn't excuse your shit taste

++Bebop, Tatami
+Dandy, Ping Pong
++Aria
+Lain

And the award for worst 3x3 goes to congratulations user!

>For the sake of discussion, how often do you guys find your favorite shows changing?
Completely depends on what I rewatch or if something truly exceptional airs. For example, I rewatched LotGH and realized that its not as good as I thought it was never thought it was remotely as good as people claimed for it to be in the first place. So if something like that happens it gets axed and replaced, if an obvious replacement is waiting next in line.

Is that a challenge?

I'm sorry did you want me to lie and put on shit like Gits and LOTGH?

>4/4 Zeta,Bebop, Devilman, Space Dandy

>2/2 Patlabor, DYRL

3/3 Berserk, Bebop, Konosuba

>1/1 Urusei Yatsura

>2.5/3 I'm iffy on CCS. Escaflowne, Yamato
>1/1 D

Fair taste, is a bully. 4/5
+Tatami, NHK, Bebop, FMA,
-Monster
5/5
1/1, GiTS
Yeah I'm the same way just about. There are some shows for me that I've rewatched enough times to know they're more or less irreplaceable though. Being more aware of somethings flaws in certain cases helps you appreciate what it does right that's so special to you.

Not going to post an anime version because the one I have is out of date.

4/5
3/3
3/4
5/7
Jinrui just isn't to my taste, but Time of Eve was downright bad. I don't get why it's so highly regarded.
>putting currently airing shows on your 3x3
3/3
2/2
I fucking love Gasaraki.

>Not going to post an anime version because the one I have is out of date.

There's a real easy fix to this problem buddy.

>Time of Eve was downright bad. I don't get why it's so highly regarded.
What didn't you like about it? It's a tad melodramatic but I'm a sucker for the themes it explores, I think all the little stories about the individual characters range from charming to effectively emotional, and the way it's "shot" is really striking. Granted, it has been awhile since I've seen either version, so I might not have the most critical eye back then.

But it's been ages since I've seen half of the shows on it. I don't remember how many of them are actually good, and I don't care enough about my e-penis to rewatch them for the sole purpose of updating a 3x3.

It was melodramatic, predictable, and the racism allegory felt really forced. I didn't get why so many humans would be violently angry to robots that were completely non-threatening and obeyed orders.

Laputa is good taste user

3/6
ping pong and rakugo goat, tatami galaxy a tier just below
1/5 and the only good one is a ghibli movie
safe taste, but nothing stands out
1/6 if you mean brotherhood, 0/6 if 2003
2/4
yoshitoshi ABe is always great but I haven't seen enough of the others to tell if you have good taste or are faking it
1/4
gurren lagann is great but the rest are shit
3/5
tatami galaxy, bebop and brotherhood are great
berserk and konosuba not so much
2/3
gits and ninja scroll good movies
1/9
dafuq is this shitty taste
the ghibli movie is probably just to not look like a complete retard, but you fail

Can't decide if bait or not. Good job.

3/3
3/3
3/3
4/4
2/3

cute/10
i really enjoyed made in abyss so excited for s2

3/3
2/3
3/4

8/9

>The Ultimate Reaction Image

Gay shit

Jeez user how contrarian could you get? I only recognized blame and the art in the top right and left look familiar. What makes a series good for you?

I'll make my 3x3 some day when I'm on a computer and actually remember

>3/5, I like Geass a whole lot as a trainwreck/spectacle but I don't think I like it enough to say I *like* it.
Well, I think it's a spectacle that ends pretty alright. So I do like it. Yay, I guess.

>Jeez user how contrarian could you get?
You're joking right?

Hm, nope not at all
Then again my manga knowledge doesn't include some circles... But most of those don't look like the popular mainstream kind

>Jinrui
Good taste.

0/10 bait, you didn't even try.

What if I don't like any of the dozens of anime I've seen in the past few years enough to call them a favorite? To be honest, the only series that still linger in my mind are stuff I have nostalgia for.

Plenty of peolpe in here who dont have favourites from recent years, and those who do often have a bunch of fairly niche titles. See the first post or this one

3/4
2/4
2/6
4/5
3/4
6/9
3/3
6/7

>inb4 shit taste

Wonderful

Combining hipster shit with trashy shows. Not afraid to put OPM on there. 7/10

what do you call "hipster" shit? Mawaru Penguindrum? Shit's not hipster if everyone's watched it, you know.

you're just a lolicon

4/5

>Sauce on the visual novel in the bottom line, mid spot?
Gyaku Oudou

You tricked me into thinking somebody actually posted a manga 3x3, now I'm disappointed.

>ngnl
yep, shit taste

i really can't remember right now...what's bottom right?

you can't remember what exactly

perfect

The ruroni kenshin creator is going down for cp, and he's naming other mangaka to get a reduced sentence.

With luck, he takes down Masamune Shirow and whomever the fuck is responsible for prisma ilya

7/9 Not bad
Why Narutaru though, that show was awful.

entry level reddit weeb/9

only started watching anime two years ago/9

6/9 Kaiba is too damn overrated

5/8 I need to watch Tetsuya

weird taste, I'm going to guess educated black Fujoshi

3/8

Good taste in manga, but I forget where the fishbowl was from. Bottom middle is Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Alexandros, right? Top left looks familiar but I can't put a finger on it. Motoi Yoshida?

6/7

Now this is a 3x3 I can get behind

Wait, seriously? The ruroni kenshin creator was a fucking pedo?
I bet he lurked Sup Forums too much.

>Jeez user how contrarian could you get? I only recognized blame and the art in the top right and left look familiar. What makes a series good for you?
>Then again my manga knowledge doesn't include some circles... But most of those don't look like the popular mainstream kind
is this bait? they're not even that obscure.

lmao he actually responded to my bait

I only recognize Blame!, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Oyasumi punpun. What are the others?

2/2 for Ten and Ping Pong. Using a blatant spoiler image in your 3x3 is pretty shitty though.

Having Gunbuster in your 3x3 automatically makes it a 0

True words.

>For the sake of discussion, how often do you guys find your favorite shows changing?
They used to change but I've pretty much seen everything I really wanted to see off my backlog.
I've only read a hundred manga or so, so those change quite a bit.
8/9 -Aria

4/5 -NHK

2/2

1/1

6/6
>Shirokuma Cafe
>PSG
my nigga
I'll have to put Slayers up higher on my backlog

4/5 -Aku no Hana
Didn't care for Flip Flappers as much as other people. Never did make it past episode 9

1/1

4/5
-Penguindrum

1/1

Is it even a spoiler much anymore? Everyone knows how Ten ends.

Good, these threads have always beem shit.

nevermind, i draw the kanji on google translate

get on that no image of self ego death level y'all

branding and personal identity via anime preferences is so 2015

>moomin twice
my man

It's a symptom of half the people posting their mosaics without rating and the other using vague as fuck images for half their picks, making their images impossible to properly rate.

i prefer the aku no hana manga,, mostly just because i love shuzo oshimi but also have a weird soft spot for rotoscoping i can't explain

i think flip flappers strength really was in cocona and papika's relationship, my favorite episodes being the iro episodes and the multiple not-papika-papikas episode. i can see how people thought the ending fell through tho, not it's strongest written point

>i think flip flappers strength really was in cocona and papika's relationship
Funny I thought that was pretty weak.
I thought the entire thing, aside from the visual showcase, was pretty weak.

Characters were just okay, nothing really stood out to me in terms of characterization and development but it wasn't terrible.
The atmosphere didn't really feel conveyed well enough though. Maybe it just wasn't something they were focusing on, but it felt like they didn't really understand the environments they were in.

I really, really liked the spooky school episode though. That was the sole episode where it felt like Papika, Cocona and gang really interacted with the environment. The rest felt like the same old Papika and Cocona shenanigan with a different glossing rather than completely new worlds.

Depends on how much you've seen. If you've seen 640 things, then that's still your top 10% of everything.

maybe its just my gay eyes seeing the lesbian subtext, episode 7 made me cry. something about cocona not being able to trust this fantastical world papika has thrusted upon her turning into her slowly realizing how much she cares about papika really climaxing with episode seven especially the dialog between cocona and sulty black dress papika just really struck a chord with me

i appreciate the visual elements/experimentation and references but ultimately that aspect of flip flappers wasnt what made the series breathtaking for me

>gay eyes
I don't think that's healthy. Have you seen a doctor yet?

Not that user, but your reasoning sucks. Not everyone watches all the new shit, especially since it is mostly shit.
>onigiri are pretty damn unique
Umm, you what?

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated
Gogo Monster
YKK
Eden
The Climber
Akira
Blame!
Alexandros
Blood Diver Ringo and the Fishbowl Man

10% is quite a lot. That's 1 of every 10 things.

Well, if you havent watched it then why the fuck would it matter whether or not you can identify it you fucking mongrel? You wanna judge the pick based on your personal bias even though not having seen it? This isnt supposed to be a recommendation thread that you enter to find stuff to watch, which is what you seem to mistake it for. Most people are gonna tell you which shows they have in their 3x3 anyway, but you have to ask them. And yes, those onigiri are pretty damn unique, unless you want to show me another anime that has three, differently colored ones lined up like this. You can even reverse image search the goddamn shot and the first result already tells you what its from. You people need to seriously consider to turn around your fucking lives.

Whoa, back off buddy, no need to get so butthurt. I know these threads aren't rec threads but being intentionally obscure isn't very productive even here. True, I haven't seen the anime in question and so I thought you meant that onigiri in general are unique to this anime. Chill out, man.