Kaminomi

Is she a god or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=62JJUUE6aQI&pbjreload=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

she had a small endgame in the manga but don't expect too much

chihiro won

>the sister of the one true god is a god
Duh. The manga ended a while back, give it a read.

>9/10 anime
>6/10 manga(4/10 without reading with Sup Forums)
you can't deny this

Still mad huh?

>9/10
>while half of the story was left out
Yeah.. no. If you're talking about production quality then I can understand, but you can really enjoy the anime only after you've read the manga at least up to Tenri's arc.

Finished reading this the other day. Once it got to the time travel shit it became such a chore to read. What were the threads like? Are the majority of you guys Ayumifags or Chihirofags? I think Chihiro was a better choice for Keima. But it goes without saying that best girl was Mama Keima

>while half of the story was left out
the "story" was shit once it stopped being about comfy slice of life conquering a variety of girls

True, I wish it had continued for a dozen more girls at least, but that's also why leaving out of the anime last conquers was a mistake.

Chihiro was immediately my favorite the moment I finished watching her arc in the anime, since she was the only girl who liked Keima without being influenced by anything and Keima is not the kind of gentleman to turn down a pure maiden who is honestly in love with him, it was the best possible choice for me too, Keima also felt guilty about the other girls being "forced" to like him after the conquests and for making Chihiro cry the first time.
The time paradox thing though definitely was a boner killer, kinda anti climatic and cheap plot twist.

Elsie is actually a ninja. Onsokumaru is her real onii-chan.

She is some random chick.

I'm still mad. Putting aside how Chihiro won, which was clearly going to happen since the Goddesses arc, did he have to fucking wrap things up that fast. So much gets skimmed over or completely skipped altogether for the sake of finishing quickly.
Haqua deserved better.

She's his sister.

Chihiro winning was the only good thing about the ending.
The goddesses arc started pretty good since we were finally going somewere but the more it went on the more i missed the SOL, girl of the week, comedy format and started to get annoyed at the drama. At least the concert was a pretty good ending for the arc and made me feel bad for Chihiro.
But the heart of Jupiter arc was so bad i still hate anything that has the name Jupiter on it, it had no direction, time travel out of nowere, a new organization behind the evil organitation that didn't do anything worth noting, Urara was just a plot device so that Keima could meet the old man and wasn't handled with the same care that the girls on previous arcs had, the old man was also a plot device in the end and wasn't used as he could have been used, then Keima had to fight that girl that put the holes in the girls hearts while trying to make Tenri trust him, then out of fucking nowhere Elsie is a goddess or some shit and rewites reallity to have neber been a demon in the first place and to become Keima's sister (in a forceful not really good way), and then Keima says "fuck my ideals" and goes to confess Chihiro.
I don't know if it was axed or what but such a rushed and shitty ending for something that was good until the last arc is not okay.
Also Yokkyun was forgotten, and the anime skipping over my favorite conquest makes me jelly.

She's Lucifer

I can't believe Haqua didn't get a proper send off. How the hell did they fuck it up so badly.

>Haqua deserved better.
Also this, Haqua got fucked over ever¿n harder than Tenri or anyone else really.
>stuck in hell after a coup
>the energy crisis wasn't resolved
>the political climate is messy
>Boss is dead
>she has no frieds left in demons
>she has to put up with Nora despite hating her guts
>her only friend and the reason she decided to get was retconned out of existence
>not only her only true friend after 500 years IIRC never existed in the first place but she doesn't has any memories of Elsie
>Despite forgetting Elsie she has a hole in her life and feels that she lost someone.
>In the end her she had no romantic resolution with Keima so her feelings either got erased or she also feels she loves someone but doesn't know who
Even before that she got blue balled by Diana when she wanted Keima to recognise her as a worthy partner.

>the more it went on the more i missed the SOL, girl of the week, comedy format
Felt the same about that, potential for hundreds of volumes.
We'll never get another series with the same premise and style because it would just look like a bootleg of kaminomi, which is even more sad.

And the way Elsie handled the situation in the end rubbed me the wrong way.
She forcefully inserted herself in Keima's life and they grew closer as the time passed but then instead of resolving the most obvious problem (NBR) she went and rewrote reality instead of having Keima's family accept her as one of them just the way she was. She fucking took the escape route.
Imagine how heartwarming it would have been if after some event Elsie got disscoverd as a demon by Keima's parents but then Keima, who started to care for her after all the things they went through, defends her and after some little arc she ends up being a part of the family.

I honestly hoped for more sol chapters after the goddesses arc.
I don't want it to become an endless MOTW series though since that would devalue the girls and the fun, but a little more would have been nice.
And i disliked how serious the goddesses arc got, Kaminomi was good because it had funny moments, cute moments, serious moments all somewhat balanced, but when Keima said this is not a game anymore i knew shit stopped being as good as it was, he was the god of games after all.
But what really angered me was the cake shop one-shot Wakaki released months after TWGOK ended, it had the same amount of cute, funny and romantic the early chapters of TWGOK had so he was still captable of making good things and gave us an overall shit ending, i can't forgive that.

>cake shop one-shot
First time hearing about that, I need to check it.
I wonder if he's planning to release anything new again, maybe a side story using one of Keima's children as MC, the successor of the god of conquest, similar to Keima when he was a kid.

Didn't he release that idol manga a month ago?
I never cheked it though, TWGOK taught me a lesson i will never forget and that is that most manga end rushed and shitty. Also don't trust Wakaki in the long term.
Still, despite all my hate for the ending and all this mad rant i love Kami Nomi up untill the end of the goddesses arc.
Also best song
youtube.com/watch?v=62JJUUE6aQI&pbjreload=10

I can agree with that, it hurts all the more because of how nice and fun the beginning of it all was.

I always hoped there would be like a side story released after the manga ended of like, "conquests we could have missed" like the light novels but we never did get that

Was the Kanon spin off ever any good? I only read a little bit of it

>light novels
How were those? i read the first one and actually liked it a little. Also the horror swamp in the amusement park was genius.

Was Aqua based on Haqua?

>idol manga

It's more like a magical trap manga. I don't know if it got axed or what but the few chapters that got translated were alright.

Elsie eternal best girl, she shouldn't have been ruined by the shit-show of an ending.

Best girl clearly won!

I only read the horror swamp one myself since its all I can seem to find as a PDF anywhere, sorry
I heard they're just as funny though, if not sometimes out of character

Sexualize the Kaminomis

I just remember the date chapter she had with Keima and i feel a bit better with the whole thing.
As i see it kami nomi is the best example of enjoy the ride as long as you can and cherish every moment while it last, because the ending will be shit.
Still the ride was worth it no matter what happened later.

>she shouldn't have been ruined by the shit-show of an ending.

It's not our fault the mangaka wrote himself into a corner by making the goddesses root their bullshit into a world ending make or break scenerio. I was really happy with romcom adventures and wish it would have followed keima and his daily high jinx of trying to style on girls in school. This is mostly the sign of a bad editor, cause an editor should have had a suspicion that tying the goddess into everything and raising the stakes to absurd levels wasn't what was best for the theme and design of the manga.

What SHOULD have happened, is Keima should have gone to the nether world and tried to win the hearts of demons and angels. Bringing peace to their kingdoms via the power of his Dick. Through dick, unity.

>wrote himself into a corner

I think the problem really is with the whole set up of weekly manga serialization. Take any relatively long-running manga and compare the first chapter to the latest and you'll see that with certain exceptions, like One Piece, they all may as well be completely different series. (Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball etc)

It's particularly tragic with Kaminomi because as someone said earlier, it had the potential for almost endless variations on the same theme, but instead for whatever reason, and there are any number of possible causes, it had to go and jump the shark and consequently shit the bed.

The dick won't solve the energy crisis, if someting it will only make it wose.
And change was needed, but you are right about raising the stakes too much being a bad move.
But Keima doing something to solve his situation and take his guillotine collar would have been awesome.
Also more Keidad, and maybe a chapter explaining why/how Keima came to love videogames so much.

I want to play firetruck with Elsie

>but instead for whatever reason, and there are any number of possible causes, it had to go and jump the shark and consequently shit the bed.

Still blaming the editor. Mangaka get so focused on churning out a chapter a month or a chapter a week, that they lose focus of scope or scale. If we all saw what was happening and were worried, as it was happening, then it stands to reason that the person getting paid to look for such signs and ensure the best possible out come for the manga, shouldn't have missed it. What a dil hole he must have been to think that everything was fine, that nothing needed to be reconsidered or planned out in order of events.

>you will never have your alter-ego take over your body and whore you out to man you love

>and still lose despite all that

Hard to compete with perfection.

Chihiro is alright, but Yokkyun is the closest you can get to actual perfection.

Being Haqua is suffering.

>tfw you unmasked her true face before anyone else
>tfw she was best girl all along
>tfw you could already see the ending

I wanted more of the reverse trap, and for the rich girl from the past to show up in the present.

Urara never showing outside her little mini arc, the grandpa being just there to justify some shit and the girl Keima defeated in the past never showing up either were really bad desitions, why introduce them in the first place?

Man, you're dense.