Why are so many MCs manlets?

Why are so many MCs manlets?
Even when they are meant to be more western, like Edward, they are short

There has to be a self-insert element in the MCs.
Either black hair,silent personality,too-cool-for you stupid face

except there's an actual reason behind him being a manlet, somethign to do with Al's body still being behind the gate of truth that's stunted Ed's growth. As the series progresses he grows quite a bit and is a full fledged man in the last few episodes.

People were shorter 500 years ago.

I don't know but lots of girls find them hot, or at least Ed

because the writers and the story is shit, and the MC is also shit

very

This is what kills most chink cartoons for me.

This, Al's body was apparently sustained by Ed's

japs are short, what do you expect?

Being a manlet is an obstacle they have to overcome to get the pussy. It's a heros journey.

Also, his automail arm and leg pulled his grow down
His height suddenly skyrocketed after he switched to a much lighter automail

WHO THE FUCKING ARE YOU CALLING SHORT BITCH-NIGGER!

True, his looks became alpha as fuck out of nowhere at one point.

his height at the end of the series is 5'9, barely average

This is actually very true.

Above average.

Average is 5'7"

earlier in the series be was very short for his age, so I think slightly above average is pretty solid growth. I agree that too many MCs are manlets, but Ed is a bad example.

They didn't drink enough milk

Ed is cute.

I am 5'7 and wish this was true

this is why you have no friends you self-victimizing fuck
google "global average men height" and you will see it's 5'7
and yes, global doesn't mean america only, burger-kun, just because american average is 5'9 or 6 feet doesn't mean it is a worldwide average

>japs are short, what do you expect?
This doesn't make sense as an answer, because they're usually manlets compared to the rest of the also Japanese cast.

To make it easier to ship them as uke to some other male character.

People between 5'7" & 5'10" are usually better looking

We Turks say this: "Fear the one who's ass close to ground"

There is something special about manlets. More than %50 of historic people are short.

Well, Edward is a child/teen in FMA so he's not an adult or fully grown yet.

Seems legit.

Himura Kenshin was a manlet, look how well that worked out for him.

Yeah, what the hell does Edward even learn by the end? The show became a serious slog in the middle when it started being about long fights with random baddies.

fits into the underdog role

Yes because 1. that's above average for Japan and 2. His body was stunted so he probably lost a lot of possible height gain when he was younger due to him supporting Al

Rely on your friends. Nigger how the fuck did you not get that? It's fucking shonenshit.
Did you speedread or something?

>We Turks say this: "Fear the one who's ass close to ground"

This is why 2003 version is better.

>Why are so many MCs manlets?
Guess.

it's awful

>ass is close to the ground

to mislead, so they do not look threatening
and when he shows his "true power" the antagonist can say: m-ma-masaka

It really wasn't any better. Might as well not kid ourselves.

>Using a character who actually has good reasons for being short in your example
epic bait thread

>Winry started to turn around Ed's cock when he became taller
>The author is a woman

Damn, this show contain the most accurate description of women psychology never seen in anime

Yes, I believe you that there's like a billion 5"nothing chinks who drag down the global average height. How is that supposed to make me feel better? I live in a country where the average is 6'1, meanwhile I'm a 5'9 midget and I want to die but I'm too much of a little bitch to even kill myself.

Would've worked better if they weren't child prodigies.

There is literally nothing wrong with being short.

The MC is generally going to be attractive, talented, successful since he's the star of the show. He needs some sort of obvious physical flaw that doesn't actually make him less attractive, but does prevent him from being an all out unrelatable, unlikable Chad.

It is also cute in 2D.

>google "global average men height" and you will see it's 5'7

>5'11 vs 6'0
But seriously how tall is he for real?

>whining this much about your height
Your height isn't the problem, user. The problem is that you're an obnoxious self-pitying faggot.

It's forgettable, but it had really nice emotional scenes in the moment. On the other hand, I don't remember FMA:B having any good parts.

?

japs are

Napoleon complex is no joke. My short pooinloo professor was the bitchiest, most passive-aggressive teacher I ever had.

So Sasuke Uchiha was literally the MC of Naruto?

Who gives a fuck about being a manlet when you are this fit

honestly, if you've ever watched all of Naruto, shipuden included, he pretty much fuckin is.

Better question is why so many MC act like spineless losers? They seldom take the initiative and love to by bossed around by others. Even when some top tier pussy is throwing themselves at them they simply cannot connect the dots.

Napoleon wasn't even short, though. He was about average for his time.

she realized she was in love with him well before this, back when he was still a manlet.

This
There is literally no other reason. David vs Goliath is a strong, popular, and compelling image among the masses, who will identify with the underdog.
The MC needn't be a manlet though, the antagonist can just be freakishly tall.