When does Shinsekai Yori get good? I'm at episode 4 and it's boring as fuck

When does Shinsekai Yori get good? I'm at episode 4 and it's boring as fuck.

Just watch the whole thing you nigger. It's one of the few anime based on a real novel.

the whole thing is good you tasteless fuck

God the character designs are so fucking awful

it doesn't get good
Sup Forums is blinded by faux-intellectualism
but at least squealer is great

From the start

Might just not be for you

OP, you're fucking gay, episode 8 might be more your speed.

First third is a slog, middle third is alright, last third is great, it's up to you whether you want to invest the time to reach that far, skipping is useless because you need the build-up.

the middle third was the worst one and the last third has too much plot convenience
just accept that none of it is good is squealer isn't on screen

I haven't watched it in a while but the beginning had by far the most boring world building and they spent way too long on the dumb games, middle is when things finally started happening, characters stayed bland throughout the whole thing but the last third had some good spooky scenes and a strong ending. I don't really remember or care about convenience, I'm basing my opinion on which parts were most entertaining to watch.

It doesn't really. High overrated.

Its one of A1's biggest directorial messes in recent history. Go to the source material instead.

Never. Really. It's a waste of time.

Sounds like you should watch something better suited to your...abilities.
Try Black Clover or Boku no Pico Academia.

Wow you don't sound pretentious at all

If you weren't won over by the False Minoshiro's lore exposition, then it's not the show for you.

drop it and watch black clover seems more suited to your tastes

Grow up a bit and come back for a rewatch.

You said that already

>Coming to Sup Forums
>Not expecting pretentiousness with every post
How new are you?

At episode 1 if you have good taste.

Somebody explain me the logic behind shekel and keit-ai.

Are you from 2025 and on?

guess if more than one person said it then you just have shit tastes

HE DID NOTHING WRONG

This.

Earnest answer here: the show is almost always, apart from the first few episodes and apart from the final arc (which is maybe five episodes), suffering from massive pacing issues, large exposition dumps, and often lacklustre animation.

I enjoyed it a lot, if only because Squealer is one of the best antagonists I've seen, and the whole class struggle between the queerats and cantus users is surprisingly well done and emotionally affective.

It has interesting themes and decent worldbuilding (and I think the music is generally superb), but the characters are extremely flat (which sort of works as a criticism of the cantus user society, unintentionally) and you're not going to be invested in any of them barring Squealer.

In any case, just try to suffer through the boring shit, the ending is genuinely very well done. I don't blame you if you can't make it through, though.

Except he did.
He was a tyrant, he is a lot like Light, he keeps saying that he is doing it for the "people" and to get rid of "injustice" but in actuality he is doing all of it for himself.
also
>We are highly intelligent beings.
>We are not inferior to you in any way.
This is a load of horseshit. Not all of his race are equally intelligent. and they are inferior to humans.

>Not all of his race are equally intelligent
Neither are humans. Yeah, humans are more intelligent than the average queerrat, but the point he's making is obviously that queerrats are well beyond sapient and directly in sentient territory, and thus deserve the same rights as humans.

>in actuality he is doing all of it for himself
There's legitimately nothing in the story that points toward this extrapolation.

Do you support BLM?

Fm the feels, this was so epic literally was tearing up at the end.

One of the legitimately good animes out there.

Thought it was confirmed at the end that the queerats are actually what the humans became.

No one deserves the punishment that squeeler received.

The queerrats are what the cantus-using humans turned the non-cantus-using humans into, so that death feedback could be implemented to stabilize society, yet the cantus-users wouldn't be left to the complete and utter mercy of people without cantus, who naturally can't be implemented with death feedback. They were made to look entirely unlike humans so that death feedback wouldn't trigger and they could be successfully opressed as a slave race.

It's obviously easier to refer to them as queerrats and the cantus-using humans as simply humans though, and queerrats are indeed effectively another species at this point. And Squealer's point in that scene is focused on the intelligence of the queerrats despite their place in society, rather than their human lineage.

Epic but still cliche. It isn't good by the standards of literary works.

Didn't ask for an essay Pleb.

Elitistfag.

There is a vast gap between the least intelligent human and queer rat. So what you get is a few hundred queer rats ruling over thousands of stupid queer rats.
>There's legitimately nothing in the story that points toward this extrapolation.
He basically goes around conquering the other colonies instead of uniting them, he takes their kids and turns them into soldiers for is own cause.
Also Squealer wasn't smart enough to defeat the humans, should have waited a few hundred years for evolution to make his dumb ass more smarter.

This. SSY is a mystery. That's its strong point. Everything you learn about the entire first third is supposed to raise more questions. The last third is in some aspect the worst third because the author is forced to resolve the story. If you don't find yourself immediately hooked from the get go, you're likely watching it only at face value. This is ok to do, especially for this medium, but a lot of the fun in SSY comes from actually thinking about the world and the characters and how they define "humanity."

I'd count this show as one of my all time favorites and that exposition dump was god awful, curtailed all enthusiasm I had for a good few episodes.

It's literally the best part of the early episodes though.

I'd be interested to know why you think that. I remember feeling betrayed, like there was this beautiful mysterious world ready to be explored and then a glowing pony just flat out told me what was going on.

It was just ok. Plot holes here and there, weird ass direction and art at times, stupid red herrings and idiotic motives/decision making

Because it was a lot of very interesting setting details that all continually opened up more and more questions I wanted answers to. The only thing frustrating to me about that episode is that the kids got too scared and stopped listening to the Minoshiro, I wanted to hear more and more about the setting and it's history after the little bit we got.

What plot holes?

No, I just meant to btfo a brainlet who thinks cool plot and ideas are enough to make a story objectively good. Pretty much no anime are objectively good because the character development is always too weak. "Plot holes" are not the reason why stories are good or bad.

Why are you pretending to be me (""essay""user) and rambling on about stuff completely unrelated to the conversation?

Wrong reply. I meant to reply to

You could stay bored for the majority of the series and still have your mind blown in the end. That's what happened with me, it was a very weird experience. I should probably rewatch it to see what it's like when I know what's coming.

This is probably the deepest anime I've ever watched in my entire life. After it was over it left me feeling empty inside like a part of my soul had died. I never experienced this before with any other anime, and I never fully recovered from it. The story can do permanent damage to your soul if you're a very emphatic person

Think one of the reasons the ending is so powerful is the anime takes you on a journey from when the characters were kids through to adulthood, I admit I cried at the end, not many animes make me cry.

There's lots of animes with good character development though, like original Berserk anime for example.

I find I get more involved with the characters than a lot of film as most animes are so long and have time to develop characters properly.

Tried to like it two times. Failed.

every SSY thread turned into race bait
i like it

Essay user lol, sorry is this elitistfag?

Was only joking when I said that by the way user.

And essay user as well I was just saying it for the lols.

I appreciate the in depth observations about this anime.

>There is a vast gap between the least intelligent human and queer rat.
Pretty sure your average queer rat is more intelligent than a literal retard.

>He basically goes around conquering the other colonies instead of uniting them
So, basically he united them by force instead of uniting them? Most countries have been united through conquest, european countries are a perfect example of that, had it not been through conquest countries such as France or Spain would never have never existed.

*have existed

LOL

Eh, about a 6/10 until the forest chase episodes, then it dips to a 2, then 6 again in their late teens, then picks up near the very end to be a 7-8/10. Ogre chase episodes are dull too.

A stated fact is now a essay, nice try Brainlet

The problem is that anime is very heavy on cliches. And I don't mean the obvious fanservice tropes that any brainlet can notice.

A comrade Squealer dies there will be two comrade Squealers replace him, these filthy cantus user will never kill his legacy.

true. manga is better

This.
And this.

it's already good by episode 4 you tasteless piece of shit.

For you I have another anime to recommend called swallowing glass so you can kill yourself you worthless nigger

he gave up the moral high ground when he attempted to respond to servitude with genocide.

At that point he is simply an actor willing to do any evil for the benefit of his people and caring not for any suffering inflicted to other sentient life forms

First time I watched it I hated it because the cast was so bland and I had expected a completely different story. A few years after it aired I tried it again and my impression changed to "Hey, this isn't as terrible as I remember" and I honestly loved the last arc.

That design looks generic as fuck. The adult characters in the anime looked better.

I still got so many question about this anime. Like what the hell is ogre/fiend anyway? I get that they are cantus user without a death feedback but why did they decide to murder people left and right? Are they actually a psychopath without death feedback? If so there should be a cantus user without death feedback, but not a psycho too right?

I tried watching it but from like first episode there was gay shit everywhere and description didnt specify that, I think I watched few more eps, and gay shit was just getting out of hand, I dropped it then. Its the worst anime of the year, mainly because its so much of course of traditional japanese anime and instead felt very (((western))) and forced with all their homo nonsense.

All of this gets explained in the anime.

based SSY mangaposter

How unimaginably brainlet can you get

What did it say? I only remember some lore and the name of the disease.

dropped this shit mid way through, spoiled myself, didn't miss anything don't bother

If you don't kill anyone it would never come into play.

Did you watch it whole? Pretty sure it was either in the part with Shun or with the flashback story with that teen that went mad and the doctor killed him.

I am not, but if it was gay it should have been classed as gay (Ai), instead of forcing unsuspecting viewers to watch that disgusting crap.

>Crying
Lol, what a little bitch you are...

Looks like I missed some of it or just straight up forget. It's been years since i watch it. What is it then?

>that exposition dump was god awful
And yet it was the best part up to that point.

It's not meant to get your dick off, it's meant to make the reader uncomfortable and put off by the bizzare hedonistic world they live in. Ever read Brave New World?

Shut up chad.

How insecure can you be that some same sex scenes make you drop something? Especially if most of them are lesbian sex. You reek American

Just finished a couple days ago. It's pretty mediocre and a bit of a slog, but has a surprisingly powerful ending. See for yourself if you're willing to stay in for the long haul with that knowledge or just drop it while you're still early.

Keep watching you faggot.

I can understand that, but he went overboard, normal people just dropped it.

I dont think there were any sex scenes (at least in first 3 eps that I watched). Gay sex scenes are disgusting, but at the very least they can be skipped. However in this particular anime homosexuality its literally part of story, part of character development, you cannot just skip it or block it out.

But they explained why that trend happened. They messed with their genetics using bonobo monkeys.
It was one of the consequences of the actions they took.

Well then he isn't doing it for his people, if he truly wanted the equality of his race, subjugation wasn't the answer, for example he could've tried to recruit kiroumaru but he didn't and instead went to war against whatever colony kiroumaru was from.