"What does it mean to be strong?"

"What does it mean to be strong?"
I trust that this isn't the end, we will have an asspull i know it, i don't want one of my 3 most favorite shounens to end like this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SEaEAzsaQXU
youtube.com/watch?v=JYntzDOe1BM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hippo can learn what it means to be strong outside the ring. Also there's no cure for Brain damage, letting him box again would probably kill him.

what IF he believes he has brain damage, i know it sounds stupid but may as well be that, i just know that he will come back, morikawa can't just show use that much training and new dempsey just to let it end like that

Kamagowa please. Ippo can't even remember things that happened in this very match. Just let his poor brain rest already.

The kid will be fine, he just need to use all the oxygen.

dude but when takamura fought Hawk he didn't remember some stuff too and he doesn't have brain damage, it has happened to other fighters too

I dunno user, I really think you're hoping for something that is already lost.

>inb4 it's a nightmare/dream

>morikawa

i will still hope, it is a fucking shounen so asspulls are always a thing, won't be completely happy about it but at least i don't want it to end like that it is just cruel

i want ippo to be a legit fishing manga. it can have cameos from the other boxer's stopping by once in a while to keep us updated on their status but i'm tired of reading these fights

after so many years of reading this. I don't even know to feel. It has gotten bad the last couple years but this. it's just too cruel. I can't even feel anger. It felt like I got kicked in the dick by this last chapter for reading many years. Now. All I feel is emptiness.

what really bother is that the chapters were so slow or like 8 pages long, i usually waited months and then continue to read it

Where when you when Hippo was kill?
I was sat at home eating bear meat when Morikawa call
'Hippo is kill'
'No'
and you???

i think i got into it when it was like 5 or 600 chapters and i felt like reading a long/completed manga. boy was i wrong about the second part...

OUT

Not even the power of Oxygen is enough to asspull him out of this is it? For fucks sake he punched Scratch J / Jimmy so hard that it seemed to have cured his brain damage. What the fuck manga

yeah i too though like it was gonna take me too much time to caught up when i finished the anime but the fights chapters were so fast to read

OF

NIGGER

OXYGEN

i havent seen it, i read manga way more than watch anime. seen a couple clips off youtube and it looked okay but right now i cant take any more hippo

It didn't so much cure him as much as make him so brain damaged that he got over his psychosis. He still has slurred speech and everything else.

i enjoyed the anime so much that i read the entire manga twice and the same for the anime but this fucking endng fuck i just can't, still it will be my favorite sport manga/anime

youtube.com/watch?v=SEaEAzsaQXU

yeah i've done rereads in the past too but mostly up until i think takamura beating the shit out of hawk. i think this would be in my top 5 fav sports manga but its been slipping in position for a while

what's the chance of that last bit being a part of his imagination moments before, like "there's no way i'd let that happen"

tite kubo/10

This legitimately chokes me up a little.

apology for poor english

when were you when ippo hashime dies?

i was sat at home eating paella when pedro ring

‘ippo is kill’

‘no’

>Tite Kubo
Could it be?

The oxygen

youtube.com/watch?v=JYntzDOe1BM

I had this dumb idea that this ending is similar to Rocky and other things. Or similar to Date. If Ippo did retire and he keeps reflecting back on shit. Then suddenly he decides to be "all or nothing" in. Even maybe breaking off with Kumi to continue boxing. That dream is dead, isn't it? I was a moron, wasn't I?

Wait this shit is finally going to end? When?

read this in another thread but ippo beign forced to retire and having kamogawa commit suicide leaving a note apologizing would actually be okay with me. i'm tired of boxing at this point or at least the fights in the at few hundred chapters

Kinda ironic, huh?
Most of us agree that it's better for Ippo to just retire because we really don't want to see him get even more pathetic.
But...
Most of us can't bare the thought of actually seeing him go through with it and try to actually have a life.
In a way, I suppose we're all like Kamogawa. We can't give up on Ippo as easily as we thought, even if we know it's for the best. While many of us disagreed with Kumi, her heart is at least in the right place.

>we're all like Kamogawa
Don't make us responsible for his shitty "tank all punches until the opponent runs out of oxygen" doctrine.
Does he even understand that he is personally to blame for everything?

He still is a fictional character.
If he were an actual human being I'd wish he stop right now.

Best end at this point would be Ippo retiring, getting together with Kumi. Kamogawa retires in disgrace to the public, tie up other boxers and then have a time-skip rematch with Miyata and Ippo to close it out.

I am also with this guy in wanting to just have a legit laid back spinoff not dealing with boxing. But that defeats the whole purpose of the sports shounen boxing manga.

Lol George Morikawa is dying and he wants to kill Ippo with him

>ippo retires
>miyata either continues or retires as well
>time skip
>either miyata, a champion boxer, beating the shit out of a brain damaged old pal or two old retirees fighting in a street brawl
i dont get it

Miyata is just as shit as Ippo but for different reasons. You never see Rocky 3 or something? Literally Apollo and Rocky's unsanctioned rematch.

Here's your dream ending.

ok idk why but i imagined like a colossal time skip where ippo and miyata are kamogawa and nekota age lol now it makes sense

It’s a fitting end for Ippo. I rather see him bow out like this then be asspulled to becoming world champion or bullshit like that.

True strength for Ippo lies outside of the ring.

Sport shonens where the MC goes from zero to top of the world are a dime a dozen. Not many is desperate or crazy enough to have their MC essentially become the mid-boss to some other guy's story arc. Is it stupid? Yes. Is it inconsistent in tone? Yes. But I'd rather 1 year of this than 10 years of your regularly scheduled BS.

Hajime no Oxygen.

What are the other two?

Fuck you for reminding me of the title.
>Hajime no Ippo
>Hajime
How the fuck can the manga end with Ippo as a veggie?

With Ippo taking his first unassisted step after learning to walk again obviously.

>one of my 3 most favorite shounens
>Ippo
I'm sorry, user.

Kamogawa focused on the basics and nothing else because he was planning for Ippo's brain damage. Ippo can still fight, as long as he has oxygen in his muscles, the muscles will remember the basics!

>Now that your IQ has dropped 40 points you are finally the perfect boxer. No longer will you be distracted by unneeded thinking. Now focus on the basics!

So his goal all along was to unleash the Ultra Instinct Ippo! Don't think, just react. Let your body feel and fight for you.

Just let it end already, please.

so is it actually ending or all just speculation?

was this racist?