What's the appeal of this anime?

What's the appeal of this anime?

>He fell for the Sangatsu meme.

It's like Welcome to the NHK except there are three Misakis.

Excellent portrayal of depression.

Just read the doujins.

Good story and nice art/animation.
Drama is believable, and side characters are very well developed and lifelike.
Lots of cute grumpy old men.

>Males and females on the cover
>Honey and clover/Eden art
NTR?

The depression is ruined by having shitty comedy moments

Cats and gravestone chess

Life has comedy.

notice the shitty adjective

I disagree with that part, but that's more about your sense of humor, so it's fair. I like the comedy, but it's nothing worth defending.

>I like it but it's not worth defending

I watched the 2part live action, interesting but story looks so restrained for something that came from a.manga

To be fair, its impossible to explain why you found something funny without sounding like a jackass. Moreso than anything else in art I think comedy is the by far the most subjective. That being said, I agree the goofy moments felt out of place.

shaft

didn't make me want to watch neko mimi mode

I never understood why people assume to be more subjective than things like action. The notion is ridiculous. Comedy has just as much objective features as other genres.

They're focusing it seems on all the wrong parts

I literally cannot comprehend why people don't like the bullying arc. Please, help me understand.
And if you like neither the family plots or the shogi plots, perhaps you're watching the wrong anime. Have you considered watching Black Clover instead?

It's shit for fujoshi
so fujo appeal

NTR, MC gets cucked and admits to it in first season
the new season seems to be better tho
but he's still a spineless cuck who lets his girls to be fucked by stronger men

It's just another shitty bullying arc, we've seen a trillion of those in school anime
like why even bother watching the same shit?
japs have no creative writing ability

It really doesn't, and you are wrong. Sure, there are some mechanics involved in writing, timing etc, but in terms of pure 'comedy' you cant really give an objective argument as to why something is or isn't funny. You can try to explain why you thought it was funny, but theres minimal objective aspects involved. You can laugh at a comedian's act which was refined over years, but you can also laugh at a fart joke. I dont think one is objectively funnier than the other, they are just both funny.

I think comedy specfically has less objective features than say painting, film, or animation.

>suddenly
fucking speedwatchers

>Excellent portrayal of depression.
It would be without all the shaftisms.