Why are harem MCs so unapologetically generic and bad?

Why are harem MCs so unapologetically generic and bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wz3dBaUh9PU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because a harem could happen to literally anyone, even to you. It doesn't take a particular skill or character to get one.

That said, modern harem MCs are not nearly as generic as they used to be a few years ago.

Posting obligatory exception to the rule.

There's also the one where the MC worked out for 7 years to get revenge

>Itoshiki
>generic and bad

Why can't phoneposters make half-decent threads?

I was watching youtu.be/wz3dBaUh9PU and the mc of isekai smartphone really struck me as something that shouldnt exist.

Like why would anyone design this kind of character? Can it be called designing? He doesnt look like anything, what are his features?
Its like an anime where you pick ALL the lowest common denominator ideas and themes and add absolutely nothing of value into it.
What kind of professional would do this? Is it some social experiment where you try to offend people by being inoffensive?

Because giving them too many traits would force you to write waifus to have particular taste in men to fall in love with him which would make it hard for fans to imagine them being their waifus.

>What kind of professional would do this?
An amateur webnovel author?

lel

So that the male viewer can feel they are so much better than these pathetic omegas.

Because it's not about them, it's about the girls.

Kaorin?

Kimihito Kurusu from Monster Musume is also an exception

This, they're there for the fantasy. Western fans keep complaining about harem MCs because their need for self-insertion requires the MC being something they're not.

>put all the generic trait of harem MC like shy, kind, dense, etc in a shota
>it's justified and no one complains about it
Why didn't more authors do this?

Most mangaka aren't shotafags.

Self-insert fantasy. I can spot those from a thousand miles away.

Except he is generic and bland as fuck as well.

>forgetting this guy