It has been 12 years but Elfen Lied remains one of the deepest, darkest and best animes of all time...

It has been 12 years but Elfen Lied remains one of the deepest, darkest and best animes of all time. This anime was a masterpiece then and it has stood the test of time with no sign of aging.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RPKDPXUKl7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only thing that left impression on me and was memorable in this anime was it's opening theme and those cute moments Lucy shared with Kouta.

Funny thing is Elfen Lied is want introduced me to anime I was scared shit when I first saw it

>introduced me to anime
it was probably one of the first anime that I didn't watch on TV as a kid but had to get a DVD for

Tits and edge with a pretentious soundtrack that failed to hide how shit the story was.

fpbp

Only thing that left an impression on me was Bandou being GAR as fuck

>deepest
>darkest
>best

None of above is true.

um no

Objectively the worst anime face design ever, and the manga looks even worse. If someone hates anime, they imagine some deviant-art shut looking like exactly this. Fuck this abomination simply for existing.

>Duke Nukem
>worse face design than the Elfen Lied anime
what

A defective anime based on an amateurish manga.
Brynhildir is basically the revised and corrected version of elfen lied and still far from a masterpiece.
Still cause i had no internet at the time and not many ways to access anime and manga i basically ended quitting being an anime fan. This is basically the first fansub i watched and what have make me fall into the abyss of the otakuism again. SWo i'm kinda attached to this anime.
I think it have some interesting premise but badly developed. Many of the plot devices and ideas come back in brynhildir depicted and implemented in better ways.

It is a shit.... Its worse than NGE, wich is an achievement.

>deepest
Nice joke, op!

um come on sweetie

This animation was a story including all taboos.
However, it was a good animation.
I need Season 2 for this animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=RPKDPXUKl7k

Hahahahahahaha
Op is gay and stupid

you sure about NGE being shit?

It was cool when I was 11 and I didn't know cartoons could be that gory before.

The show is absolute shit though, the hyperviolence OVAs that make up the lineage of this like Legend of the Overfiend or Genocyber were better, even if they arn't masterpieces either.

Oh come on guys, sage goes in every field.

what?

The ending was shit and left me feeling...unfulfilled.

Reminder elfen lied inspired one of the best shows of the decade

How we went from that to this!

Wait what is that?

New manga from same author.

holy shit he's really improved over the years. worth the read? worth the wank?

>Saves little girl
>Proceeds to beat the shit out of her
Elfen Lied was weird.

The only thing I remember from the manga is the author inserting all of his fetishes
>Diaper
>Pissing
>Feet
>Incest
>Loli
>Ryona
And probably a bunch more I'm forgetting.

He pushed that horned whore shit straight in, in a stand up fight - that screams MVP.

It's mostly about girls going into heat and dripping vanilla milkshake from out of their leotards. If that sort of thing appeals to you then you'll get plenty of that.

He needs to insert his diaper fetish more often. Out of all his works Nozomi is the only one and she didn't get nearly enough screen time.

Take all author's pros and cons, slightly dampen gore content and sexual content put up to eleven.
Use traditional isekai setting as base and you get this.

>animes

You must be 18+ to use this website.

Imagine World End's Harem plot set in isekai setting and with MC that act like a proper guy with balls and not a beta eunuch.

It is actually my lowest rated anime. 2/10 , complete shit.

OP here, my post was actually ironic.

On par with mars of destruction and akame ga kiru

>mars of destruction
MALtards not welcome here

You too

is it good?

It is truly the greatest anime ever made. Only Mirai Nikki has come close ti it's quality.

Didn't you make an Elfen Lied bait thread yesterday? Give it a rest.

>Schoolboy gets transported to a new world
>Only boy in a world of girls
>Makes girls extremely wet just by touching them
>Apparently is good with swords and killed a dragon
This shit just seems like lazy hentai writing. Does he at least have normal stamina? That's the one thing that annoys me about Hentai.

>Schoolboy gets transported to a new world
Well, Isekai.
>Only boy in a world of girls
Well, Y Man plot.
>Makes girls extremely wet just by touching them
It's not really special ability, as girls are simply very vulnerable in this regard and most likely would act same for any other guy.
>Apparently is good with swords and killed a dragon
His skills are explained due him training Kendo at his father request, and he doesn't killed dragon. Just hurt him and let Roomi to kill him. Recent one of recent chapters actually even showed how he can't do really anything in front of much bigger monsters. While Roomi kills them with ease.

>Does he at least have normal stamina? That's the one thing that annoys me about Hentai.
Depends on which stamina you means. In fights he seems pretty normal. In sex he is pretty much above average, but more demanding girls like Lilia actually makes him look little tired.

This is one of the absolute truths of this world.

Tsutsu has the case of the "health issues" so that's DoA too.
]
Fuck everything

>we have kids with psychic power what should we do with them ?
>nurture them into being functional members of society and willing test subjects ?
>trying to understand their abilities with non-invasive research ?
>give them psychological support and monitoring to avoid tragedies ?
>FUCK THAT SHIT THIS IS JAPAN TIME TO BULLY THE FUCK OUT OF THEM UNTIL THEY GO INSANE

If you read the manga, even if you put them in a loving family, they'll eventionally go insane and kill everyone regardless.

He apparently finished making the draft for the next chapter recently, so it might be coming out eventually.

It's been 12 years and no one has yet to tell me why Elfen lied

No, it still remains one of the baby's first anime.

Remember when Sup Forums would throw a shit fit whenever Elfen Lied was mentioned in a non-ironic way?

Same reason as Panzer Lied

Sup Forums has been dead for a while.

That was because Elfen Lied used to be much more popular and the embodiment of Gaia.
The current equivalent of Elfen Lied would either be Mirai Nikki or Tokyo Ghoul

Nu-Sup Forums has unironic redditors who post akame ga shit threads. Since then anything has been allowed, naruto, elfen lied etc.

>Nu-Sup Forums
Hi Sup Forumsermin.

That dog scene fucked me up a little.
Don't give single shit about those future psychopaths, but I feel sorry for the doggo.

op/ed and ost were really great , the show was really decent just it's super edgy doesn't mean it's shit

I liked the manga's genocide ending.

>deep dark
let me guess: You were quite young when you watched it. It's good, it's fun, but I don't remember learning anything about life.

It still does, but why would everybody want to repeat the same arguments in the same detail for over a decade?

his art got really improved

He is already even trying to challenge Yabuki.

Nah m8, let me guess: you are quite young, right now. Only explanation I can see for why you're in an ironic Elfen Lied thread trying to take people seriously and sound insightful. You look a fool.

Next time, try a little harder not to try so hard.

Adaptation seems like only a matter of time.

>4:27
What the fuck was that?

One thing that I remember really bothered me back in the day, was how Nana was one of the few kind-hearted character in the series.

And yet pretty much every character sans Maya treated her like utter shit and never apologized for it. Even more-so than Lucy, she was just the universe's punching bag.

On the bright side, she's the one single diclonius who got to survive in the end.

Brynhildr is more like Elfen Lied's autistic cousin.

They are similar but Elfen Lied is stronger, older, and better overall.

No joke I was bored the other day so I wrote a review of the show. It's about 7k words but im not done editing the script. I think Ill make it into a YT vid over christmas break.

The show is fun to watch (The scene where the kids kick a puppy was so edgy and over the top, it became hilarious to me), but I never saw it as some deep masterpiece.

Pretty sure twin diclonius also lived

I'm mixed on it.

I feel like everything involving the internal conflict of the next stage of evolution was interesting, but everything involving the main male lead and his sex-starved cousin getting jealous over a mentally disabled girl felt like a bad harem subplot they could have completely done away with.

Didn't they get crushed by the helicopter?

When I was a bullied fourteen year old this really spoke to me.

No, but they still died. One was killed by Lucy and other later by Kurama.

Did they have horns? Thought they just inherited Kaede and Nyuu's spirits.

Nostalgia goggles all over the place.
I'm too lazy now to give you a full review. But i'll just point out how the male MC is much better implemented in brynhildir, and how he is very useful to girls with power without outshining their skills. And the whole "amnesia" thing make much more sense. And the plot doesn't go on carried by astronomically unlikely coincidences that keep coming one after the other.
No matter how you look at it, EL is the testing ground for all the concepts that are gonna make brynhildir.

This shit made no sense to me. I don't understand why you would adapt something so incomplete.

The manga made a lot more sense. Since I watched both like a decade ago, I'm wondering if I'm missing something in thinking that the anime was a terrible adaptation

This is babby's first violent anime and just a vehicle for the manga author's various fetishes involving small girls.

It didn't deserve such a good OP song.

No, the anime was awful. The pacing was incredibly rushed, it cut out one of the main characters, and made up a really dumb filler ending halfway through the story. They should have waited until the manga was over and made it a 26 episode anime.

im 27 and i saw this anime when i was in high school, faggot

fuck, please dont tell me this is true.

I am a Gaia refugee of 07 and i take offense to that

Yes, authors directly confirmed that Elfen Lied anime was one of their main inspirations regarding Eleven.

I thought the similarities were pretty obvious when I saw the first episode.

They don't go insane. They just kill people on accident. They compare it to a child tearing a bug's wings off. They don't understand why they shouldn't do it and no one can stop them.

link channel

>deepest
>darkest
>best

Hard to tell if you are a newfag trying to act older, watched a bunch on anime then, stopped, then recently came back. or you never out grew loving edgy stuff. All types of people like that are equally horrifying.

Is this Lucy?

I don't know if this is excellent bait or if you're a retard

He's gonna be retarded

I won't forgive this fuck for how he ended his last manga.

Man I thought this anime was really shit, nothing felt deep, the "edginess" felt forced, the acting was terrible (Made me confused as to how an animated thing could have bad acting), the gore wasn't shocking, nothing affected me. This show was incredibly bland and I couldn't give a shit about anything. Oh yeah and there were many plotholes.

I don't even know wtf that is.

Pastebin transcript.

Stranger things you weeb

Well, now I understand why it's so bad