Hayao Miyazaki's New Film Is an 'Action-Adventure Fantasy'

>Hayao Miyazaki's New Film Is an 'Action-Adventure Fantasy'
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-29/hayao-miyazaki-new-film-is-an-action-adventure-fantasy/.124625

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

unv.is/animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-29/hayao-miyazaki-new-film-is-an-action-adventure-fantasy/.124625
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-12-09/hayao-miyazaki-calls-ai-cg-animation-presentation-an-insult-to-life-itself/.109717
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Suzuki added that Studio Ghibli will continue to make films until "the day it fails."
So then why did Flowering Witch or whatever it was called get made elsewhere

Didn't this guy say he was retired not too long ago?

He says that for every film

This guy won't die even if you kill him.

Ghibli is overrated as fuck. And ironically their best movies are movies without (this) Miyazaki involvement.

Is it still about the caterpillar or did he change ideas?

We get it, you hate things that are popular.

Fucking retire already. For real this time.

Ghibli might be overrated but you can't for a second deny that the guy is a great director.

their films are very pretty and well crafted but recycle the same themes of environmentalism and family values constantly and it gets dull after you have seen 3-4 of their films

What is their to discuss? Basically all his films can fall into this category. This is hardly news and was very predictable.

Wrong.

Yeah, that's why Steins;Gate, KnNW and Clannad are my all time favorites.
Get a brain. Ghibli is praised mainly by normalfags and people who didn't see any other anime.
And
>we
Bipolar disorder? Schizophrenia?

>Steins;Gate
>KnNW
lmao

OH GOD we need some rape and disproving global warm to stop being “boring”, eh?
Like you are forced to watch all Ghibli filmography at once. How can you get bored with few movies that came every year or two years with posstive values? Do you ask for less gore in a gore movie because it gets boring?

>direct linking ANN
Hello shill. Stop marketing your shit site here.

unv.is/animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-29/hayao-miyazaki-new-film-is-an-action-adventure-fantasy/.124625

>overrated
You don’t like fun or that children can have some good movies to watch?

>lmao
GTFO to reddit.

1. He disproved your claim that he hates anything popular.
2. What other anime he likes does not invalidate his point about Ghibli.
Great, the thread is full of stealth marketers.
Ghibli sucks. Deal with it.

No, seriously, the fact that you're shitting on Ghibli when your favorite animes are Stein;Gate and KnNW is laughable.

Ponyo and Spirited Away and The Borrowers were good.

So, is he doing an isekai?

You need to fuck of back to wherever you came from.

Fuck off back to ANN ass-wipe.

Look at this buttmad autist.

That's a pretty vague genre, but whatever I'm sure it'll be a good movie. God bless all those who keep hand-drawn filmmaking alive. Rip Miyazaki Jr.

Ponyo was shit. It looked beautiful with the flooded town and the detailed prehistoric fish, but everything else was shit. Spirited Away and Arrietty were great.

Nice. I've liked all of his movies more or less.

>He disproved your claim that he hates anything popular.
True.
>What other anime he likes does not invalidate his point about Ghibli.
Also true. But it also doesn't validate it.

You can hate Hayao "Little girls are the best" Miyazaki but you can't deny that Ghilbi made a crap ton of great movies.

>Bipolar disorder? Schizophrenia?
It's a figure of speech, Autism? Aspergers?

You need to calm down, hating Ghibli is not a trend anymore. Go hop in the Yuasa’s thread.

Maybe this one won't be about family or the environment.

He changed his mind. Again.

Luckily we got a new Ponyo that's much better.
Not really, what the fuck was Yuasa thinking??

Arrietty was pretty but lacking in every other way. Shit.

When is he going to give Anno the keys to Nausicaa?

The Caterpillar story was supposed to be a short film in 3DCG. Miyazaki turned his back on 3DCG when this happened.
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-12-09/hayao-miyazaki-calls-ai-cg-animation-presentation-an-insult-to-life-itself/.109717

He's just an attention whore. It's an eternal cycle of making the same film, making retarded statements, announcing his retirement and returning.

This happened before caterpillar and his comment has less to do with CG than it has to do with being demonstrated a student's excuse of a project.

D-DO I FIT IN YET GUIZE?! XD

Well where else are we supposed to get our news on anime then you stupid faggot?

He did. Anno's just busy with 4.0.

Every time Miyazaki comes out of retirement, take a drink.

He comes out of retirement because he's a bored old man. Japanese people get so used to working that they lose their sense of purpose without it.

He'll be making films until his dying breath. You can bet he'll be in the middle of another one when he finally kicks it.

That's because his son was supposed to be his successor, but he fucked up a bunch of times so he has no choice but to continue himself.

This was so fucking stupid.

When you start to call anyone on Sup Forums a normie, it's time to reevaluate your life.

Will he surpass ur rope?

Not him, but this board is flooded with you faggots since the election. He's a fucking retard, nonetheless.

>normie
Spoken like a true normalfag

Coming back with a vengeance after Your Name stole the throne. No more personal meditations on life shit like his last few, we're getting another Spirited Away.

Porco Rosso 2 never

I want Nausicca 2: Electric Boogaloo

You seem to be the one who fails at understanding non-literal verbal communication.

i like totoro ova

You can almost see how the main character will "win" because luck without getting his hands dirty or because the villain realizes it's wrong and just leaves.

How About Totoro 2: Back From the Dead?

Honestly it reeks of Sr interfering because he doesn't like it rather than Jr being particularly bad

>Ghibli is praised mainly by normalfags and people who didn't see any other anime.
True. It's the safe choice for people who say to dislike anime (they never saw anime in first place but whatever) but want to score points promoting an open mind.

Well unlike those there supposedly was a sequal planned for PR

Irrelevant.

Tales From EarthSea was supossed to be Goro's movie without any intereference from Miyazaki and it turned out to be one, if not the, weakest Ghibli movies.
He did received help for Up From Poppy Hill and it turned out much better.

>And ironically their best movies are movies without (this) Miyazaki involvement.

Except he was also involved in most of the Ghibli movies he didn't direct in some kind. As a producer, scenarist, in the planning and original concept, etc...

oh god dammit this sound awesome, other than the fact that he's not much of a porco at the end of the original movie and it would harm the theme

Embarrassing

Earthsea failed from the start because it didn't just use the original story of Ged which was in every way a badass story o magic and fear

>Yeah, that's why Steins;Gate, KnNW and Clannad are my all time favorites.
Holy shit, kill yourself MALfag

That is some next level trolling. Here's a (You).

I feel like that's a project that would be better suited to someone other than Miyazaki. Especially if they keep the setting in the Spanish Civil War.

It better that motherfucking Nausicaa sequel.

Old man still salty a gay boy fantasy story surpassed his greatest works.

I love how no one asked which films you're talking about. Well, spit it out homo.

>KnNW
I don't even know what that is.

>Anno comes back for a huge flashy scene again

Here's your (You).

Didn't Miyazaki begrudgingly admit that he kinda liked it?

BUt I don't wanna die of alcohol poisoning...

I doubt he ever would swallow his pride like that. For him , all anime is shit.

Kimi no na wa.
Probably.

Miyazaki said Anno could do the whole film since he wants to.

No he didn't?
He continued to work with them and i'm pretty sure they talked about extending the caterpillar movie to a full one in their behind the scenes stuff.
He just had a visceral reaction to them showing off the algorith with a shitty joke.

>Action Adventure Fantasy
I love fantasy. But Action, huh? Interesting, so like Mononoke.

On Your Mark: the movie.

>that children can have some good movies to watch
I'd rather let children see Pinocchio or any of the other Pre-Renaissance Disney Classics over this boring shit.

>This is my last Metal Gear Solid ga-
wait a sec...

>Translation:
>Miyazaki wants to continue making films to shit on current animes since he hates anime
>Even though he has taken alot of pointers and art styles from Animes
Old people are funny

>Even though he has taken alot of pointers and art styles from Animes
Not really. He's stuck to that same Heidi art-style from the 70s.
Fucking hack. And some faggots have the audacity to mention his name in the same line as Disney.

Disney shits on Miyazaki any day of the week
Old Disney completely fucks Miyazaki in all 3 of his holes

Let's pray he is in charge of a Zelda movie!

Too bad new disney is pure CGI.

If they regressed back to hand-drawn animations they'd be fucking golden
CGI is nice but can only go so far in terms of creativity and visual styles

>I'd rather let children see Pinocchio or any of the other Pre-Renaissance Disney Classics over this boring shit.
My sister runs a daycare and the kids almost unanimously prefer Spirited Away over any of the other movies, including Star Wars and numerous disney movies (Peter Pan, The Jungle Book, Bambi, Dumbo, Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Pinocchio, Cinderella, The Fox & The Hound, etc.).

This is Sup Forums, we hate Miyazaki cause he hates Otaku and we're meta-contrarians

Someone post "What genre our new game would be?" chart from Sup Forums.

Animation is just a side-project for them nowadays.
They're more focused on live action crap and capeshit now.

>My sister runs a daycare and the kids almost unanimously prefer Spirited Away over any of the other movies
Then they have some major shit taste since Spirited Away is just "Alice in Wonderland" for goths/emos

>Then they have some major shit taste
Imagine feeling proud of yourself for feeling superior to 6 year olds.

I don't hate him I just think of him as a Chinese Bootleg version of Disney.