Hajime no Ippo

I can't believe it's fucking over.

Goddamn. After all these years it ends in the most depressing way possible. That panel in pic related where you see Miyata standing up out of shock breaks my fucking heart.

We deserved better than this. This is so goddamn depressing.

R.I.P. Hajime no Ippo (1989-2017)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12680
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We didn't even get to see the new Dempsey Roll either. Fuck me what did we do to deserve this level of suffering?

Friendly reminder that pic related is Ippos brain right now.

Ippo literally did all this by himself. If it wasn't for Kamogowa, Ippo could've got a decent trainer and been world champ 500 chapters ago.

>Kid i know you have brain damage but this is our best shot at taking on Ricardo, the brain damage will make you unpredictable

>the heart

I always thoght that his oxygen would make him the world champion. Guess it was Ippo's fault for having developed a technique to avoid getting a counter and getting a counter nonetheless.

>Ultra Instinct Ippo

just go read the chapters were he used the old dempsey, it's the same result in case you didnt think about it

Is Kamogawa the worst coach in the series or is there another coach that's a fucking jobber?

Kamogawa is insane, what possessed him to think it was a good idea to go after Ricardo, even if Ippo had beaten Gonzales he didn't have even 1% of a chance at taking on Martinez.

They should've just gone after the other champs, or against Miyata, y'know, the thing literally everyone but him wanted.

So is it ending soon? Because there's no way Ippo can come back from that.

Is it not obvious as to why Ippo lost? It's not because he's punchdrunk or anything, it's because he didn't grit his teeth really hard when he took those shots to the head.

he did the best with the material he had, ippo always been a clumsy boxer so always had to do it rough to win
can work for a match but you cant have a long career like that, but since his ct scan were fine he didnt consider it
he should have thought about it tho

Everyone is saying that there should be a colossal asspull to heal brain damage when the asspull is going to be that he wasn't even brain damaged in the first place

he couldnt let him go at miyata, he would have lost all motivation after that, he wanted him at top

kek

Its awful either way.
Morikawa wrote himself to a deadend with the Brain Damage thing

Wait the manga is over ?

maybe that was the point? nips are apparently famous for getting broken in sports by trying to surpass their limits when they really dont have what it takes

>Aoki's prediction was true all along
But at least Ippo has a big dick and a qt concubine.

not officially
not clear if ippo is alive desu

I remember
Believing in yourself
Image of you fighting
Still in my heart
I remember you forever
Countless fights
Fading images of you
Still in my heart
I remember you forever

>ippo always been a clumsy boxer

The fight against Karasawa showed that Ippo can be a monster, and i think he pretty much trained by himself for that fight.

Ippo never stood a chance.

he always trained a lot to prepare for anything that could happen, but always lacked the ability to improvise in case he wasnt prepared for something, could only deal with it by spirit, stamina and dual exchange, which is a possible way of course but not forever
karasawa was a pro jobber, got ko'd by jabs, need a real enemy to make some claims

>How Sad

The clues were there all along...

>gawrshhh I don know if I shhhhhould do this, the dooooc said I shhhhhoudnt fight no more on account of my brain daaaaaamage
>it's okay kid, I believe in you! This is your shot at the title! Now remember the strategy I taught you. Just headbutt his fists until they're too bruised for him to use.

Looking back on it,Ippos whole career is pretty pathetic. The only thing he ever did was become Japanese Champion. He didn't even win the OPBF or become #1 contender for the WBA.

Fuck. Ippo was actually a pretty shit boxer.

>Listen Kid, Ricardo's right is so powerful it can fire piercing shockwaves through the ring, but his own strength will be his downfall! Block that right with your face and his fist will surely break, he will lose his greatest weapon just GRIT THOSE TEETH

At the very least he's a world ranker and beat a future world champion (who was fighting with 9001 handicap, but still)

he beat multiple future world champions.

Woli will have one assuredly as well.

Pretty much.
If Morikawa doesn't end the series then it's going to be "it's not brain damage but something else".

to answer a question from a previous ippo thread:

Zero (MATSUMOTO Taiyou) is a good trippy boxing manga. I definitely recommend it.

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12680

That or Ippo will have to accept his greatest challenge yet, remembering his own name

his handicap is limited to boxing from what we know, after he recovered he was just fine doing everything beside boxing

More like the brain.

>Hey Ippo, how are you doing -dani?
>I'm gooooing sw-sw-sw-swell, Nokota!
>Good to hear -dani.
>Kamogawa, what the fuck -dani? Why is he still boxing in that wheelchair?
>He just needs to practice his jabs, Nekota, then he'll take on Richardo with no problem!

>Kid, what's your name?
>urrrrrr
>come on kid, you can do it! I know you've got it in you.
>I...ippppppo
>That's right! I knew you could do it! Now let's get you back in the ring!

>it was psychological all along!
>and you know what's the best treatment for trauma?
>DAS RITE
>YAMATO DAMASHIIIIIIEEEEET

>Oh no, the opponent is wearing boxing gloves, this is the worst matchup for the kid.

I'm looking forward to reading chapters about Ippo rolling his wheelchair into the kitchen and then forgetting what he went in there to do and dejectedly rolling back out

>Literal top of the world Mexican boxer
>13-14 punches to the face
>While doing the Dempsey Roll, which apparently any punches he takes during it can be very serious
>All in a matter of 5-6 seconds

Hopefully this means Ippo needs a personality change cause the one problem he's having is that he thinks too much during boxing. Every other boxes just acts on instinct which ippo doesnt have. There was one instance where he got mean but it was very temporary.

>I've been given the towel. This is my worst matchup!

Ippo has always taken the Homer Simpson approach to boxing

>oh no! The opponent is using both sides of his brain! Kid, brace yourself!

>ippo has no brain
>black panel with white text "how sad"
damn...

this image is the main reason why i've come to despise philipinos, not even kidding.

If only Ippo had been trained by uncle Moe.

Even if I can't deal with my long, long life.
I don't want to mistake the place to live
for the place to death.
No matter what...

>Gonzales go Metzli on Ippo is to prevent Ricardo from murdering a dumb kid

>head..... hurt
>Alright kid, I know this looks bad, but I've got a plan. You can use that gaping head wound to your advantage by using the sponginess of this exposed brain tissue to absorb the impact of Ricardo's punches. Now get back out there and show them what you're made of!

>implying takamura isnt going to take ippo onto a one year trip to the streets or woods to toughen him up

>unironically "the Mexican fears the Samurai"

takamura is shitting himself right now, he knows he's halfway broken and cant allow himself to fail or the old man will die in regret of ruining the life of 2 men

>ippo has always been a clumsy boxer

ippo dodged fucking constantly up until he became champ and turned retarded

this is retarded

one of ippo's greatest strengths used to be improvising

So who will be remembered in-universe as the one who broke Ippo and ended his career? Gonzales or Guevarra?

>boxers challenging the champion are harder to dodge than literal whos trying to climb the ranks
shocking

>kid keep taking punches until he cant lift his arms anymore then you win
>improvising
in a way, you are not wrong, user-kun

It'll be Kamogawa taking the blame, and others saying "he [Ippo] knew what he was getting into, coach"

of course, he was fighting trash. when he became champion his level simply wasnt enough to allow him his petite tricks

I meant in the eyes of people like Japanese boxing fans.

it was the results of all the punches he took, not from a single hit
in that, the fault is only for his coach and for his lack of skill

Oh. I'd say Kamogawa for sure. Other coaches would comment if asked. Then there's the case of that fat kid who looked up to Ippo using the Kamogawa method to get beaten up to fight Ippo. Especially after Takamura goes blind, the journalistic spotlight will fall on Kamogawa gym and he'll probably have to retire out of shame if by that point he hadn't already killed himself.

Sadly this is all too possible

there's a clear difference in how Ippo was portrayed in the first half of the manga up until now and this argument of 'W-WELL IT WAS OBVIOUSLY EASIER EARLY ON' is retarded cause ippo would have gotten better at reading and dodging as he climbed the ranks too.

He mostly focused on dodging and his 'durability' was more about staying up when he took one or two big shots rather than eating infinite numbers of shots to the face

Even vs. Sawamura, there was a whole point where he had to focus entirely on dodging cause Sawamura was using his bullet jabs to gauge distance, and he managed to fucking do it.

Compare this to his fight vs. Gedo, where despite sparring with Mashiba to deal with a long range jab, he totally fucking forgets the concept of dodging and resolves that situation by literally fucking headbutting Gedo's fist so hard it blows his arms away and gives him an opening

Or the fight with Scratch J, where we were somehow supposed to believe he couldn't dodge massive full body haymakers all of a sudden.

Ippo's later fights became 'Ippo doesn't block or dodge at all and instead gets fucking brutalized, and then he wins by STANDING THROUGH THE PAIN or dodging the absolute final shot and hitting bacl'

Morikawa.

I don't even understand ending the manga like this. Does he literally hate his fans?

1200 chapters in and Morikawa is still saying it's not Ippo's "real style". let me ask you people one question, just how much more of a time-investment are you going to put into this, if one THOUSAND and two HUNDRED chapters later you're still not seeing what you're supposed to? hell, ask yourselves this. honestly sometimes I feel like entertainment media communities are all a bunch of kids with battered wife syndrome. how else would you explain shit like ippo, naruto/boruto, dbs, etc. still having fully devoted followings? it's not too late to get out of that rabbit hole, guys. I know I did and you can too. stop humoring these con-artists.

The manga probably isn't ending since there's no buzz about it doing so yet.
Expect some tearful goodbye chapters and then either an asspull like "it was psychosomatic cureable by a sufficient injection of yamato damashii" or the actual ending.

The brain damage is real, we're going to get a goodbye chapter that will segue into the sequel manga about Ippo's new job selling tiny grills

no, he'll be selling fans. Wind God Fans, blowing away the heat with heavyweight punches of refreshing air.

Punished Ippo when?

Even a man with fucking shrapnel lodged in his brain is smarter than Ippo

it does get harder later on, it's not a ridiculous argument. he wouldn't have gotten better at reading and dodging and every other aspect because of diminishing returns on sectioned training. not only that, but other boxers focus on their skillset and improve their own offensive playstyle specifically while ippo would train defense specifically per fight. the same way training for long range jabs wouldn't help him versus jr, whereas during the time ippo was training defense, jr had time to train his offense, and then more time when he had to train for ippo. he can train to dodge, but he isn't going to dodge even close to as consistently as early in his career versus nobodies.

i agree that he didn't use his kit, but to say that ippo wasn't a clumsy fighter is crazy. in all his fights, he gets smashed and makes a comeback. that's what got him fans in the first place.
>adding stutter and caps
lol

It really sucks that some of the opponents Ippo has beaten, are now actually much better and more successful than he is. Volg, Mashiba and Sendo pretty much shit on Ippo now with sheer ease.

he forgets fucking everything he's learned every single time. that's not something you can logically argue anymore, that's just toriyama levels of "oh I forgot about the stuff I wrote previously". fuck that and fuck HnI.

B-But George remembered about Takamura talking about the importance of toes during the Bison fight! He's got excellent memory!

Shame that he's retarded

Can't believe I could hate a character in a manga so much but really I hate this piece of shit so much.

Why the fuck Takamura is still with him is beyond me.

What's the problem bro, FACTS are too difficult to handle? You jealous?
I totally get what you mean

It's over dude, but hey at least he did not died in the ring like Joe.

>can't logically argue
the kid's literally getting his skull smashed against his brain multiple times every 4 months or so on top of sparring inbetween, without consistent medical checkups and therapy, and you're saying it doesn't make sense that he forgets things he's learned before?

>that fucking spiral power eye
jesus the old man really has lost it. take a fucking nap coach

>Ricardo lives in a giant mexican castle
>meanwhile Takamura lives in a tiny wooden apartment that is barely bigger than my closet

Considering the world's strongest boxers have been using Ippo's brain as a speedbag for years now I'm surprised he can remember what boxing is let alone how to do it. His brain has the approximate consistency of chunky soup by this point, it's a miracle the damn thing works at all. He'll be in diapers by 40.

his apartment is in japan and martinez lives in mexico

both probably cost the same

it's the spiral curse
will find old man in a boxing bag spiraled up

>dude fuck advice lmao stop being an asshole by trying to help him and teach him shit

This is the worst one

>I knew using the dempsey roll would get your face beaten in but I wanted you to see for yourself!

Fucking piece of shit.

I hate this old fart so much.

>ow man I've got another concussion and I think I've gone cross eyed again. Welp that's boxing for you, can't be helped.
>Ippo maybe you shouldn't always block your opponent's attacks with your head, have you tried using your ar-
>SHUT UP IDIOT, DON'T TELL HIM HOW TO BOX. Don't listen to him, kid. Now practice headbutting on this anvil.

>that's right, kid, I deliberately withheld useful information from you before a fight. You can only really learn by having your cherished childhood memories deleted from your mind by repeated traumatic brain injuries

>Just pull out your brains, kid. That's the best way to oxygenize them.