Helck thread: Epilogue

>imgur.com/a/qVqUR
Raws of the last chapter are out.
Did you like it, Sup Forums?

I'll dump it here

I was never happier to drop a manga than when I dropped Helck

Guess it's time to binge read where I left off at. I remember when these threads were pretty big on here, but it's as if everybody just dropped it. Regarding the ending, It's nice that Helck got his waifu back at least.

Truly - wasted potential.

>Ann getting cucked
Into the trash it goes

Same here, it seemed to just have vanished from Sup Forums

Wasted potential the series. Went from gag manga with occasionally serious scenes to a full on sufferfest. I think the tone shift is what caused a lot of people to just drop it.

Personally I dropped it after realizing that I don't understand what's currently happening and what the fuck is with this "will of the world".

The last one is here Cute story, but manga is literally wasted.
Besides, it leaves so many topics got BTFO
>other continents
>the fucking war on the north
>other kings and the emperor

>It's over

Thanks fuck. Another isekai tier trash ending.

>she didn't win the helckbowl
>instead they miraculously healed his girlfriend so she could come back at the end
Shit ending desu. Glad I dropped it.

What is this? Helck doesn't have shitty blue hair here?

Vamirio-chan is cute!

The endgame became obvious a long time ago.

>cucked
fuck you she was his friend and partner
you know nothing

The cutest.

I wonder if the author will continue writing about this setting. There's a lot that can be done in the setting I think.

I miss those two

What happened to them?

He broke his contract with the King and wasn't resurrected after that

They better give her the ending she deserves in the extra chapters

Eh? I thought his mind was broken so he still had to serve the King.

It was great when it was a goofy comedy manga. It was great when it was an adventure manga. It was great when the tragedy kicked in. But it turned into complete shit when it pulled off some Naruto garbage with final battle lasting for one-forth of the entire series, constantly introducing some new final forms, final bosses, last-minute plot twists, unnecessarily dragging the story and completely losing the magic of the earlier manga.
This is especially infuriating since there is still that northern threat and the core of Empire we haven't seen, making going back to adventuring perfectly viable. Instead of stretching human rescue arc until everyone was absolutely sick of it, author could've wrap it up in a reasonable time, give us some SoL breather and move plot to the Empire and its northern border. Which would also be an amazing opportunity to show some cute shenanigans of established couples. This series had so much potential that went down the shitter in such a disappointing way. Every fucking time.

I kept reading but it stopped being fun halfway through, as soon as they went to the human kingdom.

Pretty much half of the manga was one protracted final boss battle. Wasted potential.

I thought the premise of a human stronger than the demons, that wanted to help exterminate the humans, was interesting. A jovial and affable bruiser protagonist with a vendetta against his own kind made me question what interesting backstory he could have had to justify it. And in the end he had a very tragic backstory, but not one nearly as interesting as the beginning of the series had promised.

Really ? They were the best couple in this manga, what a fucking waste, I wanted a happy ed for them. Glad I dropped it.

Why? What happened? I consider starting it now that it is finished.

I don't understand how a guy can pull off something like the origin story of Helck's smile just to turn around and do this. Is there some kind of editor enforced rule all shonen must become clusterfucks? I mean it makes sense when a manga goes on for 30 years and the author forgets what the fuck they were supposed to be doing but why Helck?

It's mind boggling. If he had kept it as a light hearted series with some serious scenes thrown in here and there, then maybe it wouldn't have fallen off so hard. But he decided to go full edge with the characters, backstories and overall plot for no real reason. The tone of this series did a compete 180.

I don't think the problem was one of tone because Helck's flashback arc was really well put together despite being dark as fuck. It was meaningful edge. It defined his character and the massive obstacles he'd have to confront and it even made meeting the demon goofballs earlier more important because they were the only friends Helck had left. I wouldn't have minded more of that.

It was the meaning that got lost and really hurt it. People dying, reviving, going to hyperspace, transforming into regenerating amalgams, sudden power boosts, characters getting body snatched--the plot got muddied beyond recognition.

I think it's because all the shonen mangaka want to be Akira Toriyama. They build a decent fantasy world and when they feel that's not enough they shit all over it with alien hyperspace transformation revivication powerlevel magic until nothing means anything. Same thing happened to Nanatsu no Taizai. Jesus Christ, the early chapters of that were charming.

When did it start to get mediocre? I really liked the early chapters but after Helck's flashback is where I dropped this

What happened to him?

It's sad how underwhelming this last arc was. Rello didn't die for this.

I think it was like Berserk where the big tragedy driving the protagonist was well planned but after the reveal they had to start pulling stuff out of their ass. Too bad we didn't get a Lost Children quality arc before the drop

>I remember when these threads were pretty big on here
Because translation hype, it was literally being worked on daily, threads started drying down when it caught up to the weekly releases and some weren't happy with the plot developments.

Glad this shit is over. It had been getting worse for a while.

How would you have fixed Helck? Here's what I would have done:
> Left Azudora dead and have a message from him explaining what happened to him and his friend a long time ago.
> Only answer for Helck was to end humanity and no revival.
> Every villain dies by Helck except Sharuami's father until he saves his daughter and fights off Helck when he goes full despair.
> Vamirio escapes back to Demon world and has to meet all of the demons including those above her and the heavenly kings
>Northern threat is no longer the issue as it turns out they are the same being as NWO and now are attracted to Helck's newfound power.
> End Edil's life along with every other one that are "angels"
>End Helck's life with Vamirio doing the finishing blow.
> World has gone to shit, FFVI all over again, take a long time to reconstruct the damaged world.

Hahaha

Truly FOTM

Should have stayed a comedy. You can see a huge difference in quality between the endless, tedious final chapters and the fun omakes surrounding them. I'll be interested in the author's next work, but they need a stricter editor to keep them on track.

Not sure what "potential" people are crying over, what did they see in it that made them think it could be something bigger? It was really never going to be able to sustain itself as a bigger story.

>How would you have fixed Helck?
By never writing it.

That's the kicker. Often mangaka will throw as much wacky concepts on the wall as possible until something sticks and the editor gives the okay. The thing is that often these concepts are just vague poorly thought out blurbs with some setpieces the mangaka wants to draw, but has no tangible idea of how to get the story there or what to do past that point.

So what you then often see is the mangaka reverting to what he knows or is more familiar with: tired clichés and tropes, which is rather ironic for a concept which got greenlighted for its uniqueness. That, and the mangaka get tired after realizing they bit off more than they could chew. You saw this with how Knights of Sidonia turned from transhumanist mecha sci-fi to haremshit. Another example, Pixar was formed to create all these movies they had in mind up to Wall-E. Past Wall-E they depleted all their original ideas, and never made anything as remotely good again.

From the sounds of things this didn't end well.