Should I bother?

800 eps seems doable in a few months

Reading the manga would take half the time and would be twice as enjoyable.

Just saying.

Just read the manga

Watch until timeskip then read manga.

Watch 'til Alabasta is done then smash than manga. The Arlong Arc in particular is really good in the anime.

Tbqh the manga meme really never did it for me
Something that lacks soundtrack, voice acting and animation can't be "twice as enjoayble" for me

Well then just stop after timeskip and don't spoil the impression. Or just don't bother.

Read the manga my friend. Recently did the same thing myself. Just watch a few of the episodes at the start after reading the manga and you'll see how much full of pointless padding and filler it is.

Watch it, people complaining about pacing and filler are 90% just saying that because after timeskip it got kinda bad but when it's aired you don't notice it as much.

Also you can go to OnePace if it does feel slow, they have an edited version with a lot cut out and multiple episodes in one longer version. Don't know how up-to-date thay are though.

I'm currently 500 chapters in and I have no clue how anyone could watch the whole anime series. About a chapter's worth of shit gets done over the course of a 20 minute episode.

Don't bother. If you don't read the manga, you're not getting the full experience. It's not for you.

Watch up until the time skip.

I understand how you feel, but the anime seriously, irredeemably goes to shit by the time the time skip is in full swing. The anime still fucks up before then, but at least it's extra content or stylistic choices rather than episodes using half a chapter's worth of material where literally nothing is happening and the animation quality being fucking awful.

So yeah, if you're not willing to read starting with the time skip, I'd just recommend you watch until then and just stop. The post-time skip episodes are really not worth your time.

Don't bother. The manga already gets tedious enough at times even without all the filler from the anime.

If you don't like to read manga then don't bother with One Piece. The anime becomes terrible after the time skip, and the manga is better than the anime in almost every way. Try to step outside you comfort zone for a bit.

>Suggesting the 2011 anime
You, get out.

Imagine ending at episode 405. OP would become a fucking tragedy.

Where the fuck in my post did I suggest watching the HxH 2011 anime?
I'm talking about One Piece you retard.

>Try to step out your comfort zone for a bit
>Implying that combined with the Gon image wasn't you trying to falseflag with HxH

The pacing in the anime gets fucking unbearable after the time skip and the animation is far worse than mediocre in some scenes. But if you're like almost every person I know you'll want to know what happens after and how the story ends, so the manga is there for you my friendo.

It's the better version.

I have watched all the anime including filler. I thouroughly enjoyed it. However around Enies Lobby is really slows down. Episodes become 90% recap so you see the same moment over and over. It feels like the endless eight

>mfw wanted to watch at last Doraemon and Detective Conan
>mfw
>mfw

Read the manga

Are you braindead?

The anime is fine until the episode 500. Many of my best memories were marathoning that anime, it was truly fun

I get out of the /fgog/ subreddit and I still find references

Read the manga then watch your favorite moments in the anime pre-timeskip. There is a good soundtrack and some nice fights, but anime pacing is shit and unless you're condensing it into the parts you really like you're going to hate it even if you prefer anime over manga.