What is Inuyasha, and what should I be expecting what I watch it? Is it just Yu Yu Hakusho for girls?

What is Inuyasha, and what should I be expecting what I watch it? Is it just Yu Yu Hakusho for girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Ji-9tiJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(You)

SO COOOMMEEE
MYYYYYYY
WAAaayyyyy

KAGOMEEEEE

you can tell by my filename I'm not a regular here right? I don't get your memes, is "inuyasha is female yyh" common?

Half-demon dog who scampers around the Japanese countryside with a bitch in tow - who has the power to make him faceplant with a "Sit!" command - sniffing for jewel shards and powering up his phallic-looking sword to smash Naraku's upgraded barriers, in between fighting other "demons du jour", as well as getting schooled by his elder full-demon brother who has an imp and an orphan loli tagging along when they cross paths.

sorry that I killed a thread for this, I just was curious cause gf was told to watch this by a friend

Non-native crossboarder here, it's mindless garbage and the only reason it gets any praise is nostalgia. Comparing it to YYH is unfair because YYH is good, it would be more accurate to say that it's Naruto for girls: Entry level flashiness with no substance and unlikeable characters that drags on for way too long

SIT BOY

Are you telling me that when this qt anime schoolgril tells him to sit, he actually sits?

that's hot

Average girl travels with half breed demon, pervert monk and useless perfect waifu through endless filler recovering fragments from a pearl and chasing after the baddie. There is also one arc about 7 warriors that is pretty damn good and the other 3 relevant characters are some grumpy miko, the older brother of the halfbreed demon who is so pretty it hurts and hangs with a little girl, and some wolf demon guy thats actually not important.

>the older brother of the halfbreed demon who is so pretty it hurts and hangs with a little girl
They should have been the main characters instead.

SIT BOY

got a good kek from these, I'll have a go as well

A dude named "dog demon" who is in fact a dog demon (crossbred with a human) is consigned to the will of an average modern Japanese middle school girl who's really hot but still a social outcast somehow. She travels back and forth between her regular schoolgirl life and roaming medieval Japan with him in search of fragments of the driving plot device, which allows the weekly monsters to tie into the overall story. They seem not to get along but actually fall in love with each other and question the NATURE of LOVE.
A few background characters also follow them around and help sometimes, and a handful of other characters wander around with unclear intentions and happen to cross paths with the main cast when important things happen, including Inuyasha's onii-chan in the company of a lolicon and a comedy relief, his ex (it's complicated), and a handful of pretend romantic competitors.

It’s one of those shows where you have to really like the characters otherwise you probably will be tired of it after a hundred episodes.

Luckily I loved it.

>Inuyasha's onii-chan in the company of a lolicon
No user, his oniiichan is the lolicon.

in 5-10 years yeah probably

also it's "nee-chan"

Sesshoumaru is a girl? News to me.

oh I thought you were joking that Rin is his future sister in-law

Expect a lot of fucking filler.

Inuyasha: NARAKU! Let's go get him with full knowledge that he'll just puss out when he's in danger!

Kagome: INUYASHA!

Naraku: Now you must deal with my latest puppet thing I jizzed out last episode!

Sango: HIRAIKOTSU! *her attack has no effect* Oh well, I guess I should stop trying and do FUCKING NOTHING FOR THE ENTIRE BATTLE NOW.

Kagome: INUYAASHAAAA!

Miroku: Don't worry, I'll just use my deus ex machina magic hand thing! OH NOES IT'S THE deus ex machina BUGS AGAIN!

Sango: Stop grabbing my ass god-fucking-damnit!

Shippou: DERP DERP DERP I'M JUST A FEW SECONDS OF FILLER DERP DERP DERP

Naraku: Blah blah Shikon Jewel blah blah Inuyasha blah blah I'm a trap blah blah!

Sesshoumaru: MmmMmmMmm Here I am, mysterious and pretty MmmMmmMmm

Jaken and Rin: DEEERRP FILLER FILLER FILLER LOL RIN IS SO KAWAII ^______________^

Sesshoumaru: Something about Tetsusaiga, nobody is listening by this point anyway

Kagome: INUYAAAAASHAAAA!

Inuyasha: KAGOOMEEEE!

Kagura: We're here for no reason!

Kanna: Watch out for my mirror that doesn't actually do anything!

Kagome: EENOOYAASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Inuyasha: Stfu plz

Koga: HEY KAGOME LOVE TRIANGLE LAST OF MY PEOPLE ETC.

Inuyasha: Back off creep. I want to stand in the front. (okay, this one is for real)

Kagome: INUYAAAAASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!@#%2265427892NEJETKRTGNWRJHTIRT

Shippou: HURP DE DURP

Inuyasha: Haha, Naraku is nearly dead w00tz0rs

Naraku: Yo holmes, smell you later!

Inuyasha: FUCKING BUBBLE AND HEARTH FUCK YOU BLIZZ

Sesshoumaru: I'm leaving now, despite the fact I never even clarified why I came in the first place.

Jaken: Mmm, Lord Sesshoumaru, durka durka Me Lord durka durka

Miroku: Hey anyone want to have my baby?

Kaede: YouYe are all fucking useless pieces of shite.

>what should I be expecting what I watch it?
Plot that advances at glacial pace
A bunch of filler
Boring villain that scapes at every occasion
BEES
A relationship that develops nicely
user's first femdom fetish
WINDSCAR BACKSLASH WAVE

haha I wish I could upvote more than once

My first instinct is to say no but considering the overwhelming myriad of Inuyasha x YYH fanfiction that exists, I'll have to change my answer to yes.

That paragraph of text is probably older than Reddit, fuckhead.

gomengomen

If the whole show was set at the pace of the Final Act it would be great

Never watched it but the girls are so hot, especially Sango.

Not enough to make me watch weebshit as an adult tho.

Then what are you doing here?

>Not enough to make me watch weebshit as an adult tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Ji-9tiJo

This old school shit is still the best way to describe Inuyasha.

kill yourself

That guy does some good character impersonations.

>useless perfect waifu
Wasted on a shitty monk. Final power-up came up too little, too late.

So we are all in agreement that he was prepping the he'll out of Rin right?

Childhood is self inserting as Kagome.

Adulthood is self inserting as Rin.

I can confirm this is true.

Not in the beginning, but I think after Kagura's death and hers, he became aware of his feelings towards her. At least unlike most groomers, he is giving her space and letting her decide when she is older, but she already chose along time ago.

170 episodes of nothing happening, with 0 good fights and mediocre animation. good characters though

>who's really hot but still a social outcast somehow.
This shit always gets me

>They seem not to get along but actually fall in love with each other and question the NATURE of LOVE.
Expect to be strung along with sparse and redundant character development between episodes 10 and 150

There is a serious lack of doujins of Sesshoumaru making love to loli Rin.

Just another isekai.

>Average girl travels with half breed demon, pervert monk and useless perfect waifu
And a cute fox mascot

Come on satan, you should know this.

It's about a schoolgirl and guy with dog ears that fight monsters while searching for all 32 thousand pieces of the master emerald.
Once they collect 800% of the emerald pieces all thier dreams come true.

Also they fight some bees once in a while with their friend who has a sucky hand power.

Kagome is my waifu

Great atmosphere and nice romance when it's not redundant filler, but she's a pretty bland character herself. The "hilarious" angry bitch scenes get old pretty damn fast

THE BEES

NOT THE BEES

You'd have the age up Rin a bit for it to work.

>You will never have an eternally young bf

When I watched Inuyasha as a kid I thought she was an annoying cunt, but I rewatched a few episodes recently and I found her irresistibly cute. I'm not sure why.

Very repetitive
It recycles through arcs so blatantly you will find it doesn't really go any where.

Shippou is shit

They were the only characters that mattered.

The episodes in the present world were the best desu.