Why haven’t you hopped on board the whale yet? We’re on a one way trip to AOTY

Why haven’t you hopped on board the whale yet? We’re on a one way trip to AOTY.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DSs-Qi5-o
youtube.com/watch?v=MCYqPZtf7z0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not even top 10 of the season.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DSs-Qi5-o

1: Whales
2: Magus bride
3: Abyss
4: Inuyashiki

That’s what everybody pretty much thinks.

Who's everyone? Can you show me?

I've been on the whale since episode one, and it's not very good.
inb4 "you're only pretending to hate it because of Netflix"

Brown Sugar? Picked up.

You are though.

I'm on the ride. It's terrible though.

maji tenshi

Is there good detailed shots of her feet in this anime ?

Oh boy I sure am ready for Netflixfag's wild ride!
Abyss is last season. Also nobody thinks that except you.

It's alright. Tolerable.

It's a melodramatic trainwreck. If I hear the word "kokoro" one more time...

Doesn’t AOTY mean anime of the year?

If we are talking about the entire year then putting Inuyashiki, Whales and MahoYome up there is a mistake still. Either way, shit thread.

Are you saying that because it’s associated with Netflix or have you actually watched it? It’s the best anime I’ve ever seen.

Characters and dialogue are mind-numbingly dull but I keep coming back every week because it looks good and the world is sort of interesting

>165316076
Here we go again.
Reminders:
Someone should probably screencap all this and all of his antics from the last Whales threads as well.

Houseki no Kuni is AOTS. Fuck Sup Forums's bias against CG shows.

The characters and dialogue are actually not dull. Try watching the series.

Yeah, they are dull. Perhaps you should pay more attention, kiddo

Whenever that green haired village chief faggot opens his mouth, all I can think of are the Justin Trudeau "If you kill your enemy, they win" memes. Fuck the author for killing Sami instead of him and fuck her for not killing pink Coldsteel.

have you seen more than twenty anime?

Shit show is shit and 3DCGshit too.

Wrong, but I appreciate your input and will take it under consideration.

I just want more Ginshu onee-san

I couldn’t even count how many anime I’ve seen.

This. Literally have not seen a single legitimate criticism of it aside from either 'shit framerates' or 'shit cg'.

How about no buddy. The characters are enjoyable. I have a hunch why you’re saying they’re not but I’ll just ignore it.

Story is garbage, idiots only circlejerk it for le suffering.

Or suffering is what makes people like anime.

I'm not gonna say anything about the show because I haven't watched it yet, but when you have a medium like anime which heavily relies on visuals to convey the story, then is it really so bad to not like something that looks like puke? It's a simple fact that when anime looks like shit people won't watch it. By your logic everyone should like Aku no Hana and KLK shouldn't get any hate.

Hive mind for life, imaright?

>Anime
>About well directed scenes that are drawn by artist to show the wonders of hand drawn animation.
>hue hue hue is about STORY NOT ANIMATION
Read the manga then you lobotomized chimp

What I meant is most of the time when people say it's shit it's usually unfounded or opinionated. The show is beautiful for a CG anime. It is still janky imo in scenes with less motions like conversations but the action scenes are great.

The third episode ruined the entire thing, one of the worst episodes of the season.

>housekifags unironically think those webm depict good animation
>That janky ass running
hahahahahahahahaha

>Autistic running
>Gay ass looking character with fucked up anatomy
>12 FPS and dipping CG
Thanks for the warning

Thank you vomit dog!

The dude is lagging in the his jump scene. When the Gantz movie could do alright CG, this is no excuse.

>The show is beautiful for a CG anime.
In other words, it's the best looking shit in a category of shit by definition. Wow, color me impressed. It's like arguing which isekai is the best.

Doesn't change the fact that it is AOTS

user...

Its somewhat lanky and can't be compared to some really smooth 2D animation, but motion feels satisfying, characters are very expressive, the colors are vibrant and the camera work is a contender for greatest of all time. It's a very different visual experience from traditional 2d that excels in ways 2d cannot just as 2d excels at animation in a way 3D cant.
Its worth checking out.

Dropped it when the invasion occurred. War is definitely one of the things anime sucks at telling. Rarely it is done well. Now that people are mentioning melodrama, I will definitely stay far away from it.

This.
I think it tried to be deep, but missed the mark and now I'm watching it of delicious tan girl.

>HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Its slow, feels like this stuff should have happened 2 episodes ago.

Made in abyss kept the suffering hidden under a deceptive gloss of innocence.
This one drowns you in drama to the point where it becomes less effective.

I liked the setting, but it needed more mystery, it's going a million miles per hour. You see one character then bam, dead. Not enough time to connect to it on an emotional level.
There's also too much going on at once and you're kinda just spinning around trying to keep up with it.

But to be frank, i'd rather they try to make something meaningful than resort back to slice of life moe blobs being stupid and playing awful band music.

That looks awful. Reminds me of the western cartoon "Dragon booster".
I hate CG with a fucking passion. Until it is identical to an artists hand it's never gonna win me over.

wow I thought it was way too fast.
Like you don't really connect to many of the characters.
Maybe there's just too many characters.

Are you implying I have shit taste?

Because there are too many characters you don't get enough time to connect with them. This causes their time on screen to feel like nothing, since you have not spent any time with them and they had no impact. It's kind of like the worst of both worlds.

You mean war in your universe you pathetic pig. This anime has its own war to worry about.

I think the issue is that there's a ton of irrelevant subplots/characters going really fast, while the overall plot basically hasn't moved since episode three.

I`ve seen war in fantasy much better depicted than in this show.

It's like eva or madoka, you had a tiny cast and you saw their torment. You saw the strain on their relationship. You saw the small emotional details.

Both also started hard to catch attention, then built the stories excitement and anticipation up in waves (and in eva to a climax at the end).
Maybe this show could have worked better if they built the anticipation up better, making the views ask interesting questions that made viewers wanting to know, and see, more.

I think the show could learn a lot from the techniques of traditional west/east narratives in building the audiences emotional reactions, for example exploiting obvious assumptions then doing something baffling, making the characters make a choice of great gravity (eva does this VERY well).

>That’s what everybody pretty much thinks.
Not an argument.

There’s not really an issue. As far as I’m concerned this anime is perfect so far.

It actually is technically an argument user.

Not where I come from

Not a valid one.
Remember how 500 hundred years ago the general consensus was the Sun orbitted around the Earth and not the other way round? Or how Titanic is considered the best movie of all times?

The show is gorgeous but the direction and writing are godawful. Everything is overly dramatic and often the characters actions feel out of place.

this but unironically

>Not where I come from
Reminds me of a billy corgan quote on Radiohead or something.

The show is gorgeous and the direction and writing are amazing. It’s dramatic and often the characters actions feel a little too good.

The pacing has been way too fucked for me to say AOTY or even season and there are some really good shows this season too.

The pacing is perfect.

I'm surprised that delusional CGfags haven't been mocked off of this board yet when they post shit like this constantly.

>muh tumblrfluid video game cutscene show

Already on it since episode 1, enjoying this ride.

Their powers are literally linked to their emotions. They're going to talk about kokoro a lot more.

No

It's not AOTY or even AOTS, but I like it. It could be better written, but the rest is decent. Solid 7/10.

This is so wrong it hurts.

Houseki No Kuni is probably AOTY even since Made In Abyss didnt reach Bowndred.

More like blandOTY

So 30 then?

>War is definitely one of the things anime sucks at telling
Have you been in war?

I have not noticed this anime at all not sure why, i just saw the first episode and it looks interesting so thanks user

If it wasn't for Sup Forums I wouldn't have the slightest idea of how to find anime

Maybe try watching anime and picking up what you like?

What am I going to do? Enter random words in a nyya search?

Albatross Koukairoku did it better.

youtube.com/watch?v=MCYqPZtf7z0

Check some lists of what anime is airing each season and find out what sounds most interesting according to synopsis. How new are you at this?

>both happen on a boat so the works are comparable
Really?

It's shit user.
I'm watching it, but it's still shit.

Three years and 4 months of having it as a real hobby.

I found this show by our chance, because the manga just got published in my language. 10/10 would travel the desert on giant mud ships

They have pretty similar setting. Albatross goes kinda Lovecraftian later on though.

Just check the seasonal lists man. Sup Forums is good place to pick up more obscure and older anime.

Hint: if you google "anime fall 2017" you find a list of everything that's currently airing. If you search for "anime winter 2018" you find what's airing next season. Enjoy your anime experience.

Is whale population have a really low life span (20-years), how they reproduce?

Sup Forums dont want anime, we spend more time shitsposting in Sup Forums that watching anime

I-I was just pretending to be retarded

Stop speedwatching and you'd know.