Shills, Bots, and teh Community

I am not a very frequent lurker of Sup Forums, but I do enjoy popping in every few weeks to see what you are chatting about. Sup Forumsseems to react fairly quickly to (or start) trends that I notice normies pick up, and this has occurred for numerous years. Despite the reputation of the board, it gives me some shitty sort of foresight to what will possibly be common topics that people talk about.

Let's disregard political sides for a moment, and consider the fact that Sup Forums, a decent amount of the rest of Sup Forums, and many other sites have been flooded by bots. When I read through the comments, I know a decent chunk of posters are going to make absolutely no sense, and I attribute that to a mixture of English not being the poster's primary language, varying levels of intelligence/care for grammar, or just lack of ability in formulating a well-thought-out post. But I don't think there is any denying that a fair amount of posts are formulated by bots, as you are always calling out the supposed "shills", and sarcastically/ironically/jokingly depositing shekels into their accounts. I think it is reasonable to assume that a significant population of regular posters or lurkers are the shills in control of these bots, and that they use them to manipulate the way in which posters interact, or even sway the take-away thoughts of posters.

My questions are below:
>How do you spot a shill?
>How do you spot a bot?
>How do you differentiate between a genuine shill and a bot, or extension of an original shill?
>Do you enjoy using Sup Forums and/org Sup Forums despite being aware of shills deliberately watching your threads and having bots post?
>Do you think that the bots are pushing FOR or AGAINST the idea of jewish/illuminati conspiracy?

BONUS (directed at shills/bot-controllers, but I have no expectations for responses)
>Why use Sup Forums and Sup Forums as your target audience for shilling and using bots? I feel that the swarm of bots will eventually cause your targets to leave the site

Attached: WhyDoYouCareAboutTheFileNameItIsAGodDamnDog.jpg (640x480, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-sponsored_Internet_propaganda
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dogs have no right to use the Internet
It’s not in the constitution

Sup Forums is a cool kids board for christians only no sweasies xD

Attached: mouse-vector-clip-art-3580784.jpg (840x1300, 117K)

>sweasies
oops i made a doo doo i meant swearsies

Attached: horse-pony-vector-illustration-9740242.jpg (1300x920, 110K)

I think it's underpaid foreigners more than bots but I could be wrong

Attached: shareblue.jpg (1600x1200, 332K)

this is the best you can do with taxpayer dollars? nigger, you suck, you don't have any friends, your socks are too loose and your underwear are showing. unfuck yourself. end of

Take this post for example. It MIGHT have been an actual poster making a witty comment, but I don't believe it is a genuine user. The poster made no effort to engage OP, and posted a funny, but fairly generic comment only about the photo. Not shilling, but a sign of a bot poster regardless.

First (I believe) genuine poster. Can you elaborate on why foreigners would be posting things such as:
for those of use who are not aware?

That's part of the OP. They want us to leave. They want to shit up the board so much that we all leave and lose our super powers. Just gotta endure

Shills generally reply ~30 seconds to a thread being created, use (((intelligent))) buzzwords, and have one or two intentional misspellings to appear human. Misspellings like "intellgent" or "senseble" that are obvious, but not enough to discredit the post.

Attached: 1521904483051.png (558x345, 374K)

how old was the data you used to formulate your post/questions? approx.?

Why would they want us to leave? Can you elaborate?

I have noticed that shills/bots reply quite quickly, and that programmers would try to emulate human error with intentional misspelling of words. I'm sure you are able to identify my posts quite easily among bot/shill posters though. Is the level of engagement between posts that makes it easier to identify a genuine poster?

If people stopped coming to Sup Forums then it would be one less place of anonymous, free speech that (((they))) have to worry about. They hate what we do here because they can't keep tabs on us or shame us into thinking how they want us to. I'm not racist, but I do still think racists should be able to say what they want to say. Censorship of any kind is bad. Notice how the big news networks never have commenting on their articles anymore? Because people started dropping too many red pills on there and they simply couldn't have it.

>Is the level of engagement between posts that makes it easier to identify a genuine poster?
what exactly are you looking for, CMSgt? are looking for ways to know what an actual poster will say, so that you can use it socially and culturally engineer his response using a human emulator? or is it just for a class project?

Yeah, looks like barely-disguised intelligence gathering

>cause targets to leave the site
>free market true believer beyond convincing criminey

Attached: 1302361899770.jpg (512x384, 108K)

Attached: 1302361347867.jpg (360x239, 36K)

or no-ly disguised showing off the shiney new hypothesis

Attached: 1302361077383.jpg (200x155, 8K)

>op just trieing to make frends

Attached: 1302360917414.jpg (400x300, 74K)

I think you have a disease called schizophrenia
I think there are no Russian bots and every fag you see bump a 'slide thread' is just a fag who wants to write some shit

just go away of you don't think that was a real poster, people like that are the ones that make Sup Forums entertaining

No, I'm not interested in how to further improve or develop a bot that can emulate a human, although I'm fairly certain there is not much of a chance for me to prove this to you. I am actually an engineer (mech. and industrial), but I do not have the social abilitiy/cognititon/whatever to emulate human thought, nor the coding prowess to do it well!

This thread is solely from my own curiosity to understand why a site that I cherish and frequent is being overrun by bots, even though I see little value for doing so.

These posters didn't engage at all, and again were more dog posts..:
I very much agree with the sentiment that free and anonymous speech should be available to those seeking it. I also recognize that these opportunities seem to be fading away, and I find that to be alarming. I am curious: are you only a fan of anonymous, free speech, or would you also be a proponent of identity-confirmed speech (in addition to anonymous speech on different platforms, not to be replaced)?

Also, could you forgive a infrequent lurker and fill me in on the ((("group name here"))) trend, and what it means?

A trick for some is someone that lacks good faith in their discussion. The kind of person that will come and just bait people by insulting them or having an over-the-top opinion and when confronted about it they will double-down and insult again or not address the question.

Classic trolls basicly.

But I think, as a general rule, if you talk long enough with a bot his reasoning will make no sense, they cannot defend an argument long enough without something feeling off. Shills don't even try to get in discussions, or if they do, they will back off eventually because their views are being seriously questionned and it's infuriating them, at least if you are lucky to find a shill that forgot his job 2 seconds and genuinely starts defending his point.

But you can't really tell all the time who is who, so just create some mental filter and learn to question the veracity or pertinence of anything being said on here, I think it's just instilling us with a good habit to be honest. Most people that are here are not the agreeable kind in the first place, so it's not as hard a habit to pick up as a place like Reddit let's say, where they just flock and follow the opinion being perceived as the most popular, that's why bots are effective there.

But here? It's pure chaos with everyone questioning everything you say all the time, so bots can be singled out more easily.

Also: if they have a meme flag, it's 99% chance to be a bot or a troll/shill.

Attached: list-unusual-military-units-potsdam-giants-E.jpg (686x385, 255K)

bait/2

the first reply was a direct hit youre just maybe too dense or super belieber i do not care to consider further which

did not engage sheesh

Attached: 1302360816034.jpg (374x374, 26K)

I'm not really a Reddit user - only in some case where it appears on a Google/DuckDuckGo search - but I do recognize that discussions on their tend to be very "band wagon"y at times. I personally attribute that kind of behavior to upvote/downvote systems. Similar behavior seems to happen on Imgur, which I frequented until a bit recently when I uninstalled the app to become more productive with my time.

I am curious, although I suspect you may no respond in fear of revealing your site of interest, but do you frequent other website or participate in social groups that discuss such matters, or are at least free of the rampant infiltration of shills/bots? Also, because you engaged my OP the most:

Do you agree with this person? I don't understand why a foreigner would engage so hard in shilling/botting Sup Forums or Sup Forums

Your puppers are cute indeed, but don't blame the OP for not believing you did not engage the post when the matter at hand is much deeper than making a witty, shallow comment in order to entertain. You must answer the proposed questions or at least provide your own personal insight into non-genuine posters on the site.

Attached: tumblr_ne3gjvHsMm1t46hado5_500.gif (499x239, 1.03M)

It's honestly pretty hard to tell bots apart from Baby Boomers or people with neurological impairments. Eg, after the John Bolton appointment, there was a flood of comments along the lines of:

>He makes lefties mad and kills muzzies in Iran! Sounds good to me!

Now, is that bot action, or is that just Boomerism? Is it a bot SIMULATING a Boomer? But why would bot do that? Ultimately, I don't know.

This posts is possibly a genuine poster, but I cannot be certain because it realize heavily upon the idea of "baby boomers", which is often used to induce an emotional response from posters.

I'd be more convinced if the poster could readdress this post, along with providing more insight that doesn't pander to a specific audience.

the power of anonymity, user
the elites scared of that
it already been proven about how trump became president by leaking wikileaks info here
and the autist here got nothing to lose to crack down the elites
now those elites want to derail these info by hiring baizous plus bots
thats it
they scared of the information
but they still didnt realize
the truth will come out eventually

btw, how to spot shill
i just filter their words, and hide their post
sometimes post with sage option
just now "gun worshipping" is the recent words i add
so many shills after that stupid march, geez

The (((parentheses))) thing is basically referring to (((the merchant))) type. if you drift my get.

The thing is, if posters spouting that sort of stuff AREN'T Boomers - ie, they are actually younger - then we're really screwed, because that kind of one-dimensional "thinking" is what got the US into the $3 trillion Iraq disaster. Somehow I don't feel like people under 55 or so have much interest in yet more Middle Eastern wars.

Poland poster - this is one I give the benefit of a doubt because English is likely not their primary language. Even still, the amount of information we can effectively communicate between each other is probably limited because of the language barrier, at the risk of sounding/being ignorant.

Your post makes some bit of sense, but generally comes off as fairly vague. Try to clarify for me and others if they are also confused :)
>What does "baizous" mean?
>I don't know of Trump's involvement regarding intentional feeding of info, but why should I trust Wikileak info other than the fact that gov't probably views "leaks" as unfavorable? It doesn't necessarily mean that leaks are true.
>Why would Sup Forums be a very rich source of "dangerous" whistle blowers? I believe Sup Forums's credibility is lack-luster at best.

Your methods for handling shills seem fairly decent :) What march are you referring to?

Please be more specific about "the merchant" if you can be? Or even just reaffirm? I assume you mean "jewish", which I don't think requires any vagues references, as it is very prominent in posts on Sup Forums. I'd rather you be verbose about it, because I suspect I may be borderline autistic and probably require one of those "explain this twenty times as clearly and straight-forward" as possible in order to affirm what you actually are implying. Please help!

If you are trying to reply to my post in hopes of proving that the original post made by your ID was NOT a bot, I'm letting you know that this was NOT successful. Here is why, in order to help your engage further:
>Your post still attempted to engage me (and other posters) with boomers as the context of both of your sentences. Boomers wasn't used in the second sentence, but the existence of boomers specifically was implied through your reference to the age of a group of people. The details regarding these groups was also quite vague, with no connection to Sup Forums posting, shills, bots, etc. at all within the post. Try approaching your reply from a different angle.

"Baizou" is the Chinese characters 白 ("white") + 左 ("left"), meaning western leftists. It's a slur. It's basically the Chinese way of describing white SJWs.

To be entirely honest, your objections here seem like those of a Boomer trying to deflect attention from the current crisis of Boomer control of the US government and the corporate world. We are becoming really quite stagnant as a society because a sclerotic caste of mentally-immobile septuagenarians is running everything.

Attached: lobster dog.jpg (400x300, 68K)

Yes, it refers to the (((jews)))

Attached: baizuo.jpg (592x386, 59K)

>baizou
aka white left tldr white people that wanted to feel good by helping other people that they deemed poor, they all screaming "hey, look at me, im helping these poor souls, now praise me"
they didnt realize nor care that their action will make shitskin depend to gibs forever and that wont improve their condition
desu i feel disgusted, i rather be called terrorist bomber instead

>wikileaks
the leaks itself doesnt seems appealing as it be
but anons here made basic gestalt and memes to explain it
and when you connect the qrd made by anons with the leaks
wow, it sure blown my mind

It's really hard to tell apart the bots and the autism on this board, at this point they might as well be one and the same.

I love that your broken english still makes perfect sense, and then out of nowhere you just throw in a casual 'basic gestalt' like it's nothing.

Alright, this next bi gets a bit more complex and interesting because of the interaction. I would like to iterate I don't mean any offense to posters when I point out inconsistencies or odd behavior between posts. I am simply pointing out what I view as unusual and what I believe deserves futher thought. For those who believe I am a beginner at identify bot because I state it aloud - GOOD. I think we need more verbose and explicit discussion regarding this topic. Call me a noob, I don't mind.

The thread identifies you as the "boomer" poster. Thank you for the clarification of what the polish poster:
meant by:
>"baizous"

My initial objections were whether a Polish poster would understand this Chinese slang on Sup Forums, of which I'd like to state once again I am no expert, as I am an infrequent lurker of Sup Forums. However, your next reply:
Was yet another post that failed to adequately engage my previous posts:
Which I shall refer back to a much early poster: Implying that Chinese (or at least foreigners) are responsible for the shilling/botting on the site. Can you engage the beyond "boomer" statements?

I also see
and am posting this AS IS for the PDF records I am keeping. I will reply shortly to you!

i tried so hard
and get so far
in the end
kangaroo shitposter
doesnt even matter to me

Shills usually make either political generals like the one of Trump or post about some youtube channel whose author lives from patreon/donations.
Bots, although I dont think they are that common, work on scripts so the threads are usually very repetitive and you could find similarities between present threads and archives. There will be most likely one single post too (the OP's).
Everyone else is either a troll or a brain washed early 20's mook angry about life.

It was a compliment you idiot hahaha

let this thred die this guy sucks write ur own content shit op

Attached: 1321335572573.jpg (700x502, 52K)

I was implying that I was impressed... I'm sorry if it came across as me taking the piss out of you. Aussie humour is a bit like that. Chill m8, I like you.

>But here? It's pure chaos with everyone questioning everything you say all the time, so bots can be singled out more easily.

I have to agree with you, it really amazes me how easily manipulated Reddit is. Furthermore, they mostly seem self aware of it yet never address the issue directly. It kind of makes sense since Reddit feels more like a marketing platform.

This post has suddenly made me sus.
Are you a programmer or bot yourself? What is actually going on here and what are you trying to find out?
PDF records you're keeping? Of a thread on here? Why?
You said you think you might be a little bit autistic... I think you either just confirmed it or outed yourself as Glow In The Dark....

>Was yet another post that failed to adequately engage my previous posts

Have you considered that these things can be a bit recursive and self-fulfilling? Let's consider some basic possibility trees here - poster A accused poster B of being a "bot." Let's presume that poster B is NOT a bot - Poster B can either try to remedy that impression, or he can toy around with it. So we have a scenario in which a genuine human is emulating the possible behavior of a bot. How would one go about telling these things apart, presuming there is too small a sample-size of posts for more detailed linguistic and statistical analysis? It's actually rather difficult.

Thank you for clarification, I give you +5 genuine poster points

Thank you for clarification as well :) Good engagement, but also I'm thrown off by "gestalt" just as much as because I am fairly well educated, and also over 20 years old, and have never come across this word lol. Where did you come across it?

I don't know what sus means... I LIKE to program, but I can't say I'm very good. I'm keeping PDF records for my own use so I may refer back to it this week and maybe later in a month to reevaluate my suspicions and thoughts on the subject abouts bots and shills on Sup Forums. LIke I said in , I really just have a personal interest in the matter, and feel that it is not being taken as seriously as I think it should be. If my concern about this alone doesn't tip you off that I am NOT a programmer trying to improve bots and shills, I'm not sure what will. A shill or a bot certainly wouldn't want your MORE concerned, I think anyway...

And yeah, maybe I am slightly autistic. I don't know what Glow In The Dark is, and I'm not going to look it up either, I don't give enough of a fuck about it to do so. I just feel I might be slightly autistic because I'm not some normie who would casually brush this weird feeling off about being a target of a bot/shill target.

Imagine taking Sup Forums this seriously. Imagine believing Sup Forums is for anything more than verbal diarhea. Imagine believing that anything anyone says here is their sincere belief or stance. Imagine being such a friendless, autistic, gullible dumbass loser that you use Sup Forums for anything other than edgy humor, pissing off normies, or mis-anthropic laughs. HAHAHA, what a bunch of delusional larping self-important dipshits.

It is a fair point that a human may be unsuccessful in proving he/she is not a bot in a few posts on a bulletin board website, especially if he/she has a limited number of responses they could reasonably make. THIS post seems unique to some degree though, because you are able to engage me logically in a way that is not related to the thread, but related to the difficulty in proving that a poster is or is not a bot. I can give some credibility to your post ID now, and I implore you to answer this: why did you reply in a manner that a bot would with "baby boomer" as your key topic? Also, can you provide your own personal insight into the prevalence of bots and shills on Sup Forums, Sup Forums as a whole, and popular website on the internet? A unique and genuine user will be capable in engaging these questions. An impatient user would not, but they would also not be concerned with proving themselves, and will dismiss their credibility right here - therefore, I will not consider them a genuine poster, and I think that is a fair enough assumption to make.

You fags aren't seriously replying to OP are ya?

((they)) are trying to figure out how to upgrade their shill bots to blend in better.

It's ironic that the only thing that could potentially defeat Sup Forums is Mecha-Sup Forums. STOP feeding them info.

Attached: cyborg_rabbinowitz.jpg (400x400, 33K)

>Implying a signifcant amount of normies use Sup Forums
>Implying that all posts on Sup Forums are inauthentic opinions and responses
>Implying everyone comes here to spew verbal diarrhea just for entertainment
I can't imagine the entertainment value in that
>Implying Sup Forums, one of only a few websites that still values a decent amount of anonymity (at least between users) isn't useful beyond entertainment
>Implying you are not a shill/bot discrediting all other uses for Sup Forums or Sup Forums in order to dishearten other users who wish to have HONEST discussion (including playful, albeit mean-spirited, fun) at times
:)

The structure of this post, its tone, argumentation and agenda shows that this is a SHILLPOSTER!!!!!!!

IGNORE!!!!!!!!!
get a real job son

you gave the impression of being chink shit tho rather than being some aussie poofta bant master, you little rice chewing piece of shit

This thread is extremely interesting, as a large amount of posts are rather obviously bots/shills, yet no one but OP seems to take an issue with this. It's actually alarming.

Your response has eased my concern, thanks mate.
FYI, I'm surprised you're not curious about the glow in the dark thing, as that gets thrown around here almost as much as the (((parentheses)))

We get shilled all the time. It has been that way for years. There are certain cultural and linguistic conventions here that distinguish insiders from outsiders, and despite what must be quite a lot of effort, the bots still haven't gotten it yet.

>gestalt

That's one example - it comes up in western/German philosophy and history a lot. Same with terms like "weltanschauung," which used to be fairly popular here. That's because German philosophers like Max Stirner, Nietzsche, etc. have been a part of board culture. Others authors that used to come up a lot include Peter Zapffe, Evola, Codreanu, José Antonio Primo de Rivera, and HP Lovecraft. A certain vocabulary develops from this, including the common use of uncommon words.

>I don't know what Glow In The Dar

That's a reference to legendary programmer Terry A. Davis, who created the TempleOS operating system by himself and told people to watch out for the "glow in the dark CIA niggers," which has become a sort of shorthand here for government spooks in general. This is all part of board "lore," which includes blaming the Baby Boomers for all the ills of the world, as well as Dolan Duck memes (pic related).

Attached: 11.jpg (957x1289, 101K)

almost the entire catalog is shilling

Also, I entirely agree that there is a very slack attitude towards the very real and very concerning amount of bots and shills around here. It has almost turned me off of coming back a few times myself, but as you have stated as one of your own suspicions, that may be exactly what they're aiming for. Plus I've been here long enough that I can't pull myself away.
The PDF thing makes sense, especially as you mentioned you are only a casual-ish visitor. I apologise for my prior SUSpicion of you.

These posts, I am under the assumption that they are either bots or shills. Let me clarify that I definitely understand that a few of these posts could very well have been genuine posters; my judgment tells me otherwise however. Once again, I am restating that I am saving this thread in PDF format to refer back to in the likely hood I repost a similar thread in the future. I encourage interest posters to engage and participate.

"Baby boomer" poster is up in the air in my eyes because they did not reply to my latest reply up till this point, - I leave that up to other lurkers to decide. I only have time to read a few more posts, and may not reply to them sadly, I am getting quite tired. If this sparked your interest, I will make one final post in a few minutes regarding a future thread, and future contact info. If you are a genuine poster lurker/human being, stick around ~5-10 more minutes, and bump please.

>How do you spot a shill?
Don't ask the people here, they're fucking terrible at it. 99.999% of the time you see the word "shill" it's being used incorrectly. Possibly the only exception to that was during the election when Correct The Record had a small presence here.

'Small' presence... lol

'meme' flags are often a giveaway for shills as well. It's an anonymous board, ffs.

US and Israeli military sock puppet accounts.

>google Operation Earnest Voice

Attached: (((Liers))).png (500x504, 425K)

they mostly effortposted on reddit desu senpai

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-sponsored_Internet_propaganda

JIDF is a state sponsored agency now?

This is final reply of the thread. Rather than divulge my thoughts regarding bots and shills based solely from this thread, I have decided I am going to post the screen cap of the latest PDF of this thread I have saved in a future thread. In order to ensure repeat viewership for those interested, and also ensure a new audience, I will execute the following
>A related, new thread at 18:00GMT on Wednesday, March 28th.
>A related, new thread to those who converse with me at seektruth42 at yahoo (.) com
>A related, new thread at an unspecified time

I think a coordinated shill/bot response to all three of these would be significant (and easy enough to detect) to prove that Sup Forums and/or Sup Forums are already rampant with shills/bots to the point that action must be taken to address.

Until then, please do feel free to contact me at that electronic mail I provided. I'm trying to avoid word filtering to tag my post in case email is prohibit on site, I'm note entirely sure, nor care. I will also only be accessing this email via proxy, as I have done with this thread, so trackers, save your time :)

I was just about to make a similar thread. Sup Forums has always been shilled hard, especially after false flags but what is happening now is different. We're dealing with some kind of advanced AI, it's not *just* brainwashed cucks posting for cents anymore.
Anyone have the screencap where a Sup Forums mod talks about instant human like replies with ips connected to amazon servers and shit?

Attached: Shills.jpg (1524x1194, 310K)

shit was funny as fuck cuz, bot or not its alot more entertaining than your faggot ass which is why I come here in the first place. You think I come here to take pieces of shit like you seriously? lol fuck off

Look forward to speaking again. Stay safe, user.

Keep this is the tier skepticism that/pol needs but doesn't deserve.

Attached: 1519119597718m.jpg (1024x634, 136K)

Is it really that big of an issue? I wouldnt be surprised but still