Holy shit, actual compromise that doesn't fuck gun owners

Any of you /k/unts look at this?

Seems like reasonable improvements to streamline the background check system and also to loosen up silencer regs and barrel-length restrictions.

Why can't we have more people trying stuff like this?

thepathforwardonguns.com

Attached: 1519232119174.png (1234x615, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oldglorygunsandammo.com/nfa-class-iii-weapons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You seem shill-ish

This does not belong here...
I urge you to read the sticky before posting again...
Take it to

Attached: 1506965745546.jpg (960x720, 79K)

i'm not clicking that shit, funny pic though.

Shark nigger is still here?

anyway, the background check system is an obvious conflict of interest that violates the spirit of 2A.

I always was

Attached: 1519192624099.jpg (850x609, 35K)

and so are pretty much all federal gun control laws.

SHALL

You're the hero /k/ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll flame you, because you can take it. Because you're not our hero. You're a silent guardian. A watchful protector. The dark shark.

I am just fine trading a licensing process for gun ownership in exchange for loosening restriction on suppressors, CCW reciprocity, and reopening the registry.

That last one will never happen though because the gun lobby would never support it.

and i have yet to hear a convincing argument otherwise. one that isn't built on flimsy appeals to emotion.

fuck off

This. Give me a way to get full autos

>suppressors, CCW reciprocity

overrated.

a nationwide licensing process is unacceptable. whether you're fit to own a gun, and what you own is no business of any non-local agency.

I adamantly oppose basic firearm licensing but I wouldn't mind seeing the process to acquire NFA items simplified to a licensing system. Fill the forms and pay your yearly extortion fee and transferring NFA items becomes filling out a form and showing your license to the dealer. You leave with it the same day. and open the registry too.

All these fucking newfags don't even know where Sup Forums is.

don't make me summon Owlie to vanquish all your shark minions from this realms

Add removing import restrictions and you've got a winner

Maybe some of us don't want to wade through tryhard neonazi bullshit to have a discussion about firearm issues, hey?

why? we've got plenty of good domestic companies.

Are you serious? A good portion of the market would like ENDLESS variety not just what can be brought over in limited numbers and configurations. No problem buying domestic but I'd like it if they'd produce more foreign designs correctly.

but how do you feel about NICS and licensing?

imo,
>whether you're fit to own a gun, and what you own is no business of any non-local agency.

it wouldn't be a good trade

is that a photoshop?

Even more of a non-starter than reopening the registry. The people with a vested interest in keeping the registry closed are mostly individual owners that you could theoretically compensate for lost value, but the ones who lose out from imported firearms are corporations with a lot more money to spend in opposition.

>but the ones who lose out from imported firearms are corporations with a lot more money to spend in opposition.

it's not any domestic gun maker has a monopoly, there's already plenty of competition. wouldn't our own gun companies have a hard time competing with foreign brands that use cheap labor?

>Not the Shark Knight

C'mon step it up.

seems reasonable, I would also like to see import bans lifted

Goddamn it, that's so much better than what I wrote. Fucking alcohol.

I don't know how much good it will do, but in my opinion it's a worthy trade if we can guarantee that the licensing process will be fair.
Get the foreign gun companies on the bandwagon then.

Fuck licensing, and fuck you. Add a hoop to jump through, and they'll just keep adding hoops.

>I don't know how much good it will do, but in my opinion it's a worthy trade if we can guarantee that the licensing process will be fair.

is it not conflict of interest when firearm licensing is controlled at a federal level? does that not fly in the face of the 2A's intent?

>Get the foreign gun companies on the bandwagon then.

Yeah, 'cause we know how well adding foreign influence into internal politics goes.

Calm your nips lad, no need to get triggered.

/thread I guess.

There are gun control threads that DO need to be here.
But one shilling yet another “lol guize let’s compromise!” That gets us fucked in the ass harder isn’t one of them.

>Maybe some of us don't want to wade through tryhard neonazi bullshit to have a discussion about firearm issues
As someone that was here long before Sup Forums and remembers that most discussions about anything devolved into neonazi bullshit, I can sympathize.

No compromise, no surrender.

forgot pic

Attached: 1419187163092.png (468x750, 698K)

if it ever went into a bill it would go like this
>streamline the background checks
>add in new things to check for
>drop the silencer and barrel length stuff from the bill
>replace with pay increase and some random as fuck incentive to a literal nobody who helped the writers campaign
>somehow add in some new EPA regulation

>Swiss style UBC
If this involves a psych examination you can fuck right off. No one should ever be a gate keeper to expressing your rights.

>expressing your rights.

exercising is the word you're looking for

I'd accept a 20 round mag limit for deregulated SBRs and the ability to buy suppressors without a background check.

thank you.

I saw that that thumbnail and got excited for a moment, fuck you OP.

Attached: 1521860956777.png (407x322, 40K)

>20 round mag limit

I don't think I could get on board with that one.

Go fuck yourself newfag/normalfag.

Correct.

I’m surprised that this hasn’t been posted yet

Attached: 6533CC58-2A7F-4E79-A757-34ACD8A18267.png (750x3200, 204K)

This board is not for you cucked soyboys that piss your pants at the sight of an AR.
Go on Sup Forums and make a thread about why Loli should be banned see what happens.

Nope.

>expressing your rights
>"Yes, legally speaking I do have the right to own this AR-15, as the right to bear arms is guaranteed under the second amendment"

>Carrying a concealed weapon
When will this meme die?

So it's either...
>slowly lose our 2A rights over the next 20 years
Or
>compromise with a 75% chance of /hc/ anal?

>20 round mag limit
Fuck you.

There's no such thing as a "comprimise" with gun control. Only more restrictions. You're a fool if you believe that the Democrats want a legitimate "compromise".

Actually mostly decent, surprising to see. It'd actually prefer that background check system to the current one used.

It specifies what it means on each point, click on them for a drop-down explanation.

>I’m sorry user, but it appears that there’s a discerning entry on your national mental health file. The entry states that you posted anti-Semitic comments on spergbook when you were 19. This is a major red flag, and is a sign of serious mental illness.
>unfortunately, your firearm request 1016A cannot be processed at this time, without you first being cleared by a court appointed (((psychologist))). Yes there is a bit of a backlog on these requests, as many mentally ill citizens have said, written, and thought things that are deemed oppressive and unhealthy, but if you fill out a 9820H Health amendment application, we can register you to be put on a list to see the mental health professional.
>of course, it will go on your record that you have agreed with the state that in the past, you had mental health problems, but with the proper reeducation, you can re-apply for a firearms permit.
Do not comply

>75% chance of /hc/ anal rape

We could compromise but our memory is a little fuzzy, maybe if we got something like suppresors, constitutional carry, imports and/or NFA items then maybe we'd remember what compromise is.

Here's my compromise solution to reduce school shootings and placate the antigunners:

-Raise the minimum age for purchases of all firearms and ammunition to 21.

-Impose severe criminal penalties for anybody who intentionally or negligently gives anyone who is not legally permitted to own a firearm (minors, felons, etc.) access to one which is then used in a crime, thereby providing an extremely strong incentive for parents and others to keep their guns locked up.

This would heavily curtail school shootings by making guns much harder for high schoolers or angry recent grads to obtain, while minimally impacting lawful gun owners.

Additionally, if I had the choice, I'd mandate that all firearms transfers and sales MUST go through an FFL or a government office which could do a background check on the buyer, but that'll really get the SHALL crowd riled up.

>they gain everything while we gain nothing
>compromise

>Here's my compromise solution to reduce school shootings and placate the antigunners:

school shootings are a problem whose media coverage and press attention far, far exceed their relative magnitude.

put a 70 mph speed limiter on every car from the factory. it's only a few lines of code in newer cars, costs nothing, and would likely save just as many lives as your dumbass suggestions.

or better yet, make it 80 mph. you never NEED to go more than 80 mph, it's not allowed anywhere in the USA anyway, and surely it would save at least a few lives by keeping idiot teenage drivers from losing control at 120mph.

You know, aside from the tired bump stock bullshit, I wouldn't actually have a problem with any of this, assuming it's implemented exactly as stated on the site. I'd actually prefer to do my paperwork at home and then get a number good for a week, doubly if they make a site where anyone selling a gun can check.

>Give the left UBCs that actually streamlines the buying process, STRICTLY FUCKING REGULATED ERPOs, and, goddammit, fucking bump stocks
>Get non-NFA suppressors, remove barrel length restrictions, and get concealed carry reciprocity
>Kick the media in the nuts until they stop plastering shooters' faces everywhere and get rid of goddamn high score "fact" sheets
>Relentlessly sodomize any agency that doesn't keep its NICS info updated.

Holy shit, take a screenshot because it's actually a compromise.

This is entirely reasonable. The grabbers will never go for it.

80 mph is the highest speed in the US as far as I know. it goes up to 80 once you pass Sioux Falls heading west on the I-90.

Pretty soon every new car will have GPS on board, I can see speed limit controls being enabled through that. My car tells me the speed limit with it.

point being, there are easier ways to save lives, so there must be some ulterior motive behind the push for more gun control. it's not about saving lives at all.

Fuck licensing. It's the thin edge of the wedge that will eventually crack the whole thing in half.

Agreed, but with all the other Sup Forums shills making obvious anti-antifa threads, this should exist as a counter point unless all those threads are deleted too.

As opposed to doing nothing, in which case we will likely lose a whole lot more.

When those pocket sized police officers go mainstream

but they didnt list that on the site

oldglorygunsandammo.com/nfa-class-iii-weapons/

>BTFO cityslickers haven't seen an 80 mph speed limit.

Think I would take that for now. Especially because we've already lost the bump stocks.

Seriously don’t give an inch. Also, fuck off to pulse audio fixed all the Linux audio stack problems and I love my new init system it’s so fast.

It's not licensing, it's a UBC that supposedly just checks eligibility.

These gun control plans are not actually going to solve the problem either.

I agree with most of these points and am alright with the proposals, though I'd say that bump stocks can be grandfathered in by re-opening the MG registry, and the risk orders need to be heavily regulated and as objective as possible.

Too bad the frothing autists on both sides will screech and shoot down any form of compromise, even if it's real compromise and not typical democrat "compromise"

Attached: 1484975327422.jpg (1921x1280, 176K)

Someone post the cute girl please

This one?

Attached: 1425442097005.jpg (865x639, 145K)

the only compromise gun control should be that if there's a shooting that happens after strict gun control takes place, then the gun laws are repealed and everyone who pushed for that law are to be exiled from the country.

There's one of this shark
Drawn as a small anime girl in the same position with the same expression

Shill the fuck off

lolwut

y u mad bro

you ever even built an AR? piss off

Yep!

That's why I dug it up. ^_^

It's actually a decent model, show it to your lefty friends as an example of something that is actually workable.