How can one "writer" get away with so many asspulls and still be so highly regarded on Sup Forums?

How can one "writer" get away with so many asspulls and still be so highly regarded on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14522938
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

O

MY

Because most people on Sup Forums don't screech 'asspull' at everything.

RUBBER

MEN

Because the "asspulls" aren't actually asspulls you fucking brainlet.

>damage control

>O MY RUBBER NEN
>O MY DEAD FRIEND
>O MY WISH GRANTING SISTER
>O MY NUCLEAR BOMB
>O MY BUG REVIVAL
Let's settle this once and for all
strawpoll.me/14522938

He gets compared to writers that are even worse than him.

That doesn't mean what you think it means.

You're first mistake is caring about what Sup Forums thinks. Read it and form your own opinion.

the fact that you can count on one hand the amount of things you can argue are an asspull makes it leagues better than a lot of it's contemporaries.

The nuke was the least asspully of those.

Rubber nen wasn't an asspull.

It's just underages swept up in the idea that their own misgivings and misunderstanding of certain events constitute as inconsistencies, yet they can't seem to form an argument that's anything more than a knee-jerk reaction.

The only one you could argue is Alluka, and even then, it's not as egregious as anons might suggest if you understand that the family photo used in two separate instances to introduce a character serves its purpose as Chekov's Gun and suggests to play a role in the story, which it did.

O MY DOLPHIN CHAIN
O MY NEN GENIUS

>Muh asspulls

fun

See

Asspulls are just fine as long as CONDITIONS exist

How can you not laugh at it, It's fucking hilarious which is why I don't mind it even if it is absurd.

>screech
The word of the triggered

>triggered
>>>/tumblr/

Theres nothing inherently bad about deus ex machina

/every asspull thread ever

>Autism force is back at it
Every fucking day the same thread. Stop forcing your shitty meme.

They literally establish "Nen that activates after death" with multiple characters. It's fine.

>photo used in two separate instances to introduce a character serves its purpose as Chekov's Gun and suggests to play a role in the story, which it did.
>Introducing character now equals to setting up a chekov’s gun
It’s always baffling to see this argument

What a genuinely awful post

I don't read this series. What's so bad about it?

He was literally dead and came back to life with an asspull.

the same chapter that reveals hisoka "died" was the same chapter that revealed he didn't actually "die"

what, did you people believe upon reading those first few pages that hisoka was casually written off?

and doesnt an asspull involve winning a fight

lmao, idiots

Clown man has a special ability (Nen) that allows him to make his "aura" rubery and stick it to stuff (has the properties of rubber and gum).
The established rule about nen abilites is that they get more powerful as you impose more limitations on them. For example, vowing to use your ability only on mondays will make it stronger, but only on mondays.
Another established rule is that nen gets stronger after the death of the user.
The clown man mentioned above sees that hes about to die. He uses his rubber ability on his heart, making it contract, restarting his heart after he is suffocated, essentially imposing the greatest limitation possible on an ability. So he basically dies but than is revived by his RUBBER NEN.
Some idiots see this as an asspull even though the mechanics of how Nen works were very clear at this point.

People tend to give villains, side characters a free pass

>deus ex machina
Literally a meme phrase used by teenagers who want to sound smart and critical when bitching about fiction

I call highly convenient powers that save your ass in the worst moments, asspulls.
And that is one of those.

The word you're describing is "asspull", literally deus ex machina for retards

This. It wasn't an asspull, just a natural application of his ability.

I've been following hxh since 2002 and even I can't deny that there has been a lot of asspulls. Just poor writing from Togashi.

>being retarded on purpose

If anything, I'm referring to both. There's no way most of the people who use either term can actually articulate anything about narrative stakes, consistency, or anything else. They probably only know these terms from e-celebs or something.

The word itself can be used in valid ways. It's the people. Just know to ignore people who have to say asspull or whatever half the time as a crutch to having a point.

Not the guy you are responding to, but Deux Ex Machina is a valid point when used correctly. Also, how the fuck could you learn that from e-celebs? Didn't you go to highschool, son?

Sounds like you're projecting m8

So, can someone explain this autism? I heard it was a butthurt BNHA fan who got mad at people calling his show shit and decided to keep pushing this?

I agree that it can be validly used but I'm moreso referring to on here and places like Youtube where DEM is thrown around by idiots who don't understand what they're talking about.

False narrative, asspull has been used for shounen shitposting since before bnha existed.

It could be that or maybe some retard who got way too mad because some people like something when he does not. It happens a lot.
Well, you are right. In the case of what happened with Hisoka, DEM would not be correct, for example. So I get your point.

This thread has been made over and over and over again. Most likely by the same person or same group of people, at this point I doubt very much this is about the merits of Togashi as a writer.

I'm saying that asspull as a term predates this meme, which I'm sure more than one person has been spamming for months now. The golden rule of shounen shitposting is "all shounen are shit except for the ones I like" which is why the shitposting will never end.

The thing is that there are writing inconsistencies in HxH but people pick the stuff that has some explanation in the story instead of jumping on the actual glitches.

Stuff like Kite's crazy slots is legitimately an egregious example of sloppy writing but the Nuke, Alluka, and even Hisoka aren't asspulls. I can understand if people are just mad that they remove the consequences of the actions that led up to their usage, not that they "suddenly" appeared out of thin air as all three were set up before hand.

This thread pops up all the time every time, what other series has literally someone making the same thread of the same topic over and over again?

>hisokafags will defend this

Try lurking more

Concession accepted

Never even read HxH but asspullfags get blown the fuck out in every one of these threads without fail

Stale meme desu

Underage confirmed

>Underage confirmed

Wow, what a brilliant retort!

Because asspull is the complaint used by people who don't know anything about writing.

>not denying his age
shouldnt you be in class, junior?

Stop acting underage then, confirmation bias =! winning an arguement.

>Can't refute point
>Hurr underage

KYS please or at least cut your balls off so we have less brainlets like you.

O MY REWIND QUIRK

@165329833
>that spacing
i'm glad he got no (You)s

>@
Please go.

>@165329833
You need to leave.

(you)

Except I just did refute your point, retard. Confirmation bias doesn't mean you win the argument, it means you're a newfag whose never lurked past O MY REPOST THREAD

>i'm
>@
Great a phone shitposter

Saying "Lurk moar" isn't refuting anything you autistic pos. Fact of the matter is the thread has the same template right down to the picture op uses. Hell, one time they made one literally everytime it 404'd for a whole day. Of course, you wouldn't know this because you're pea brained new friend trying to act like an oldfag. Drink bleach you pathetic waste of life.

So, you're calling other people underage and new when you have never encountered multiple iterations of this very common thread? Okay.

Kaito's revival: While it was largely established that certain ants were able to retain their past memories, we never actually see Kaito's brain being eaten, and going by Meruem's own words, he was fed a very succulent meal only once, that meal being Pokkle. Introducing a roulette roll as means of avoiding a certain death after the fact can be considered an asspull.

He's only highly regarded by a handful of extremely loud faggots.

And sister was literally personification of aaapull.

LOL loving the salt itt

BNHA is still shit.

I don't understand. Are you guys this new or are you pretending to be retarded?

Can you stop trying to fit in when it's clear you're a crossie?

>this reading comprehension failure

If you really think the asspull meme started with O MY threads then you're underage, plain and simple.

>I don't understand
Of course, you don't now go back from whence you came and never return.

>itt hisokafags realize their clown is shit

I could explain but I don't wanna be banned for spoonfeeding.

People like him are a diamond dozen.

>had him planned out since very early
>foreshadowed him
>asspull

Are you twelve?

>doesn't understand what spoon-feeding means
Lurk two years before posting. Hopefully in that time, you'll reach the age where you'd be allowed to go here.

why are you guys so upset that people like a manga? even if it is an asspull and that in and of itself is debatable, why do you think i'd care if you don't hold the manga in high regard? just enjoy it for what it is and stop being such a jaded little prick.

considering that asspulls are part of the system set in place very early on, i don't know why it's only now at this point people are starting to get upset with it

Since when planning to asspull makes it not an asspull?

Guaranteed replies

Alluka isn't the asspull, his ability is. Imagine Gon was on the brink of death again and suddenly appeared Zushi with a broken healing ability, it would still be an asspull.

Is this reverse shitposting?

We heard you the first time faggot. Here's your (you) for good effort.

They said "remains after death," so people thought of curses or stuff like Pitou's puppet. But it doesn't matter because no one who complains about rubber nen actually cares about that part of it. It doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense within the rules of the world, what's important is the narrative purpose. If someone pulls a death laser out of their pocket it doesn't count as foreshadowing for them to be drawn with pockets.

Also, no one thinks that's the worst case. It's just the most memeworthy.

It targets a specific kind of person. Probably the kind of person who likes /tg/ systems and discussing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. So they always spend several panels explaining "I did this because I thought you would X" etc.

Ask the bhna fags

He clearly planned out Alluka's ability though.

Who would win? Gon in his adult form or slim jim man blanco?

>They said "remains after death," so people thought of curses or stuff like Pitou's puppet.
That's not what "they" said at all, but I'm not surprised that the average turboreader can't recall things properly.

What?

>What?
Gotta love the new trend of pretending to not know what's happening as you shitpost. 1/10, made me reply.