Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=OQBf5RyjNTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP's faggotry.

Magic circles are the coolest shit you maniac

>hating magic circles

Gay.

Swordbeams
Fucking pathetic, you could have absolute awesome fights like in sword of the stranger and instead you have retards shooting swordbeam at each other and screaming

>he hates magic circles
mega ass faggot

Magic circles annoy mee too. Those are first CG crap I hate. Jesus fuck. There also many other illustrated talisman too. Fucking nip research is as laughable as american tv series research. TV really is for brainlets

Relax. OP is probably jealous because he's just a lousy martial.

These threads are traditionally garbage unless if someone sets a precedent for WHY they think something is garbage. So I'll do it right now.

I FUCKING hate most transformations. With a passion. There are exceptions, but for the most part it's a rule I abide by.

There's just so much wrong with it. It's a lazy way to write a fight. It's just an excuse to say "he got stronger!" and for the hero to win. Most of the time they also make the character look worse than before, too.

The exceptions to this off the top of my head are the DBZ transformations, because they were the only thing SAVING that show, Envy in FMA:B, and NGE's Berserk (although the Rebuilds shat all over it). For the most part, those had considerable build up and actual lore reasons for existing. They weren't cheap "hype" moments, they were earned. Sort of.

This is also one if the only things shonen parody Medaka Box parodied well; Medaka's various transformations were complete jokes and were just cheap excuses for her to steamroll anyone. Nisio would constantly just make them up on the spot and it showed.

I'm not against the idea period, but I am against it being lazily done and it always IS. It can be kick-ass, the absolute highlight of a show, but a lot of the time it's the opposite and makes me roll my eyes.

Magic circles are fucking cool what the fuck you on about

>Caste system or distinct classes in-universe
>"I am an X and you are a Y, and Y's can never become X's, oh ho ho ho!"

It's such a cheap and predictable way of creating conflict, an underdog protagonist, and a villain in authority all at once.

I'm pretty sure every transformation has a reason for being. It doesn't necessarily have to be some slowly activated process with some logic added to that. It can be something earned, or found through luck. Although just luck is certainly lazy.

It's one thing if it's more of a natural thing that would be present in the world the show takes place in.

It's a completely different thing when it reads off like a YA novel.

OP being a faggot. Why does every fucking thread have to use this one?

Homosexual harem MCs

Transformations always have a reason, you're right, but they're very rarely good reasons, and they're even more rarely set up properly. It's always

>My friends are hurt! NOOOOO
or
>AHAHAHA, Hero, you might have hurt me but the mangaka just got a call from his editors that this arc needs to last another month. So behold my FINAL FORM.

>hating on magic circles
they were fucking cool in vidya too, are you havin a turkish?

>protag gets 110% mad at every provocation no matter what
Shit man just calm down

magic circles are just so overused
there is no reason to use magic circles, they serve no purpose other than show viewer that the animators love video games

if the characters won't actually draw the magic circles and they just randomly appear whenever they cast a spell, then they really don't mean anything

it's just dumb shit people use in their isekaishit manga because they saw them in video games

ASTAAAAAAAAAAA
i love it

>MC gets a dark powerup

Magic without incantations and Futuristic settings using medieval weaponry without an explanation.

Dumb frogposter.

>Guess I'm gonna have to use "that" technique
>I was really hoping I wouldn't have to use "that" technique

>Something crazy happens
>Camera pans to down to the ground
>Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!?

>futuristic anime
>use bows, swords, daggers, axes
>oh but they shine with pretty neon colors so it's the future y'all

There is nothing wrong with daggers or equivalent weapons.

Doesn't help that most future swords look like a Fisher Price toy. Talking to you, Asterisk War.

It's one thing if it's a tactical dagger or something but if anyone is using a knife as a primary weapon they might have watched too much anime.

It's the future hello. They''re called guns and grenades

Magic Circles are stupid when they're just used as a substitute for creative and interesting magic systems. They're great when they actually fit in with the world instead of just being used as generic visuals

>if anyone is using a knife as a primary weapon they might have watched too much anime.
They might, or they might not be actual combatants. Carrying a small blade around is easy, and it'll get you through most check-points too.
Not all combat is done at a distance, even with guns available. There is a reason why blades are still issued regularly to troops.

That imagen remember me... there aren't release date for the BD of Nanoha Reflection?

There is nothing a sword can kill that a bullet can't do better

Nice English.
>this is Nanoha's audience now

Just one more for the OP is a faggot collection.

bullet proof vests

I did not say sword.
And while a gun is good at killing people, blades still have their roles to play.

but.. they haven't announce any release date ?

Bullet >proof

There's nothing a sword can kill that a handgun can't kill faster and at greater range.

>teenagers are the strongest people in the world

Holy shit this. I agree old people's abilities are on decline but teenagers are still far from their highest point. There should more more 20-something heroes in their prime showing the pinnacles of their potential. Then using their experience to guide the next hero on the next season.

>Status quo never changes. Plot never goes anywhere besides "villain of the arc/season"
>Characters never develop into better people. "Character development" means you have a higher powerlevel now
>An interesting premise with potential for a great story devolving into powerlevels and transformations
>Social darwinism as an excuse for the main villain
>Girlfriends do not exist. Confessing means you're gonna get married and your son is going to take over the series

>Sad backstory
Especially if it's basically all that defines them. Unless it ties very well together with the over arching plot - 99% of the time I could not give less of a shit. If you need to fall back on this tired trope in the attempt to give a character some depth or make you sympathize for them, chances are the character is a boring piece of shit.

OP is such a fucking faggot, holy shit.

>>Magic circles

MC is average/mediocre on whatever he does, but people lauds him because of his "determination".

>Harem MC make all girls fall in love only cause he is nice
>The setting is entirely inside a school
>Said school for some reason is the HQ against aliens/demons/shit
>School uniforms
>School swimsuits
>Retarded characters
>Even worst when they have the communication skills of a pokemon, like they can only say mofu-mofu or something like that
>Main girl have split cool/retarded personality
>Badass girl can go sayan but need headpats to defeat her enemies
>Moe
>Tsundere
>Girls walk into the bathroom while a dude is bathing, get angry and beat the shit out of him
>Dude accept to be treated like trash by girls
>Dude is surrounded by hotties that are blatantly hungry for his dick and he never fuck any of them
>Isekai
>The power of friendshit
>Characters can destroy the world barehanded but nobody die when they fight each other
>MC get powerupped the last second to oneshot vastly superior enemy that kicked his ass all the time before
>Character need to perform an action to avoid the world destruction, but get scared the last second even knowing that not doing that action will unavoidably result in bad end.
>Martial arts defeat weapons

>MC get praised for being able to do menial tasks or simply not make a fool of himself when dealing with other people.

>that one Jarjar Binx type of comic relief character.
>"nadatte?"
>mc's answer to any flirt in his direction is to panic like an idiot.

What's wro g with this? It's fine especially when the MC improves.

Kill yourself.

I hate them when they just appear from nowhere and have no relation to any abilities being used, magic circles should be crafted and thought out, not just a graphic that swells up out of nowhere to block a spell or to shoot a projectile.

Boy meets girls who want his dick for no reason.

>nandatte
People speaking Japanese bothers you?

>It's fine especially when the MC improves.
That's the point, a lot of them don't, they remain mediocre fighters/students/scientists/human beings, but win because of WILLPOWER rather than intelligence, skill, etc. And the MC is praised because of it.

>character gets badly injured or is killed
>onlookers stand there with their mouths open making weird throat noises over and over again

>Yasashi dakara

>Edge lord characters
Speaking of, I've always thought that pulling off the mostly evil edge lord villain is a good test of a writer's talents. It's easy to make a mostly passable MC that you can either relate to, and/or is a big enough paragon that you'll root for him. But creating a villain who goes beyond a more "regular" antagonist who is misunderstood or self serving into outright evil and have it work is a pretty impressive feat.
If you make him too much of an unrelateable inhuman asshole who does stupid shit like giving the edge grin while effortless killing people or laughing maniacally while smothering babies, then it completely detaches you and makes it feel cheap. Or if you try to backtrack at the last moment, by giving some sob story or whatever to make you sympathize with him, it also cheapens it. You need to hit that balance of him being motivated by something that's not too petty or far fetched, while also giving him enough distinct traits other than "I'm evil muahaha" that it becomes an interesting character.

Magic circles are a real thing though

Why is nobody pointing out that OP can't even look up what a 'trope' actually is?

>MC get some amazing superpower
>Oh no! My life ruined! My dream of being an underpayed salary man that can go home only to sleep a couple of hour before getting enslaved again is now shattered! How can i remove this curse?

>mc's power is called the weakest but is actually the strongest

>that spoiler
Unironically Madara, he was our fucking guy.

Magical circles are a trope, though?

>Author create a world inwhich every character is supposed to have a specific power
>Everyone do with that power whatever the fuck they want: create fire from ice, walls from air or gas, fly with fire, re-animate corpses with gum, to be Erza.

>isekai
>character isn't overpowered upon arriving on the fantasy world
>HOWEVER, he gets cheat codes, or his character evolves into a demon overlord or something stupid that makes him overpowered like every other isekai MC

>two characters have the most sweet romance
>they're absolutely adorable together
>everyone is rooting for them
>everyone wants to see them kiss and marry
>last episode ends with one of them disappearing or going to another world or losing their memories or some other forced shit
>one of the last lines is "we'll definitely meet again, I'm sure of it!"
>not even a kiss
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

It's like the opposite problem from those Hollywood movies where couples kiss and get together but you don't give a shit about them because they have no chemistry. But in anime they make it so that they're the best and cutest couple ever and then cockblock the audience at the last minute.

>oh ho ho ho
Best type of laugh right there

In retrospect I really appreciate DIO now even if I found him a bit shallow at first.
The final battle is so enjoyable because while he's an evil piece of shit, he's also clearly having a blast (at first) showing off his powers, and then starts showing signs of fear, insecurity, relief and joy as the battle progresses. Most importantly though, it doesn't feel like it's trying too hard. He's an entertaining antagonist you can love to hate, not one that's just being an insufferable d-bag so you'll cheer when he loses.

>teenagers are the strongest people in the world
Don't get me started on this shit, it makes no damn sense, not only from a physical standpoint but also more importantly from a psychological(mental/emotional) standpoint.

Teenagers are one of the last groups of people you should be sending to save the world.

beach/fanservice episode.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=OQBf5RyjNTI

>Summer break and/or beach episode
>MC's classroom is on the top floor
>cicada stock noises to show it's really hot weather
>green can soda tastes bad

There is even worst
>Undefeatable 80 or over years old grandpas
Seriously find me some old dude over his 75 able to kick the ass of a teen. Even one with disabilities.

Fuck you.
This and the onsen episode should be mandatory.

t.whale or faggot
either way kys senpai

>things that never happen

The beta harem protagonist with zero-personality for otaku self-insertion is undoubtedly the worst trope of all time.

nice blog and reddit spacing nigger

You must hate anime itself.

Indeed.
At least Hasemi and Yabuki looked like having fun with this trope.

It's called experience and taking care of your body. Japs stay healthy longer too.

>OP sucks massive amounts of dicks
When will it end?

Telling the audience what is happening at the same time as the event is happening.
I don't need to be told the bad guy is firing his Lasers whilst i can see the bad guy firing his lasers on screen

>nice blog and reddit spacing nigger
fucking faggot. that guy tries to bring arguments for once, and you call that "blog" ? fuck you and your dumb reddit meme.

Literally this.

>DBZ
What?

At least it's a good warning sign to steer the fuck clear. Granted, with this on top of my rule to avoid anime that only or largely sells itself on prominent girl characters being overly sexy, means that I automatically skip about 80% of anime but that's probably for the best.

It's called bullshit.
Teens lack experience and varying with their age, the body developement. But at least they have good reflexes and stamina.
I've met 13yo taller and heavier than me. That really could kick easily the ass of a shorty untrained adult.

Admit it or not, the DBZ transformations were one of the best parts of it.

Chill. It's just a visual way to tell the audience that a character powered up. Characters don't usual power up because they transform, they transform because they power up.

And that's a confirmation of how shitty it is.

>a faggot, personification of the force of universe and a siscon
>beta harem mc
You could argue about Rito but the other two just aren't interested in other girls or girls in general.

Mawaru Penguindrum, Escaflowne, Kuromukuro, Zegapain all do this, newfag.

>romance anime
>MC-kun plans to confess to Main Girl
>it's episode 5
>you just know something stupid is going to happen and interrupt the confession
>Boku wa... [Main Girl] no koto ga... !
>comedic relief friend interrupts

>hating on based magic circles
I mean squares and octagons are pretty patrician too but circles are just a timeless classic.

>>Characters never develop into better people. "Character development" means you have a higher powerlevel now
>>An interesting premise with potential for a great story devolving into powerlevels and transformations
This should mean instant end of carrier for the writer.
>>Girlfriends do not exist. Confessing means you're gonna get married and your son is going to take over the series
What's the problem ? Some people are like that, even nowadays.

magic circles are 95% of the time always CG now

what happened?

You're not a veteran martial expert, user. Raw physical prowess can only get you so far without technique.

>muh hellsing
Well you outed yourself as a huge faggot.