FLCL2 HYPE TRAIN. Just chill out enjoy and talk about why are you so excited for FLCL2

FLCL2 HYPE TRAIN. Just chill out enjoy and talk about why are you so excited for FLCL2.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2JI3XsMQ9vM
youtube.com/watch?v=X0Ly1-Lg_jo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i will watch it of course, but I am far from any hype

I'm not because it looks like a bland version of Diebuster

Why do all-caps-using numskulls love the phrase "hype train" so much?

Can they possibly do the original justice?

FLCL is one of the rare anime shows that are so incredibly bad I don't even. Tempted to say "jews did it" to somehow explain why every "anime hobbyist" praises it.

sage for shit

i doubt it, there was no need for a sequel in the first place.

What hype train?

>forced sequel to a one-hit wonder

When has this ever turned out well?

Thats is a bit a dificult but is Production IG who are producing it anf the Pyllows are going to make the ost so there is hope.

This. Everything ended perfectly. This a cashgrab to prey on nostalgia fags.

Itll be shit.

Is the original director on board or is he still busy ruining Eva together with Anno?

rebuild 4 was actually cancelled
hes decided to ruin this instead

I just hope the fact that they took so long to do this means they finally had a good idea how to continue.

Thats true but it still could be nice

Do you even remember the last time the Pillows came out with a good album? Trial was pretty okay, but almsot everything else that came out after My Foot has been bland garbage.

Honestly I don't really see how they could possibly continue while maintaining the same feel as the original. It feels unnecessary. I still hope it's good though.

Biscuit hammer should be flcl2
youtu.be/2JI3XsMQ9vM

It looks so bland it is a shame. The animation clearly doesn’t touch the original and it doesn’t look like they tried. I don’t expect these fucks to be close to gainax anyway though.

What killed the hype?

I'm hoping it'll bring me back to my childhood.

Best waifu btw

Like a panda with a mean face.

The announcement. Most people here who are old enough to have watched FLCL on Adult Swim should be old enough to remember how fucking awful Big O season 2 was.

Sub or dub?

There's no "best" waifu. Plenty of worst however

what are you, a tomatophobe?

>FLCL only remarkable quality was its over the top animation
>FLCL 2 having any chance of getting the same level of animation
>Having any hype at all

Faggot.

I don't mind FLCL 2 being different but how is it going to be unique without moving TOO far away from people's expectations?

FLCL did the lelsorandum before it got tired, it had great animation, it had a fitting soundtrack for the era, had the best combination of modern design but with the old grainy handpainted animation style. It managed to be lewd and weird, but before the harem onslaught of the early 00s.

It could only really exist in its own era. How do you make something today that echoes that spirit in a way that doesn't feel derivative of something else?

Tsurumaki is supervising it.

If they make something as creative it could be outright it's own thing and pretty cool.
But that's too good to be true.

Who is Tsurumaki. A gainax ex employee.

>This a cashgrab to prey on nostalgia fags.
Ding ding ding.

he was the original creator and director of FLCL.

>Someone born after the first episode of FLCL in Japan could be 17 by now.

Kill me now.

How does Sup Forums find a way to be belittling and complain about everything?

Faggot, but you have a point, one of the beauties of FLCL was its stunning animation, they literally used the budget of a 26 episodes series in 6 OVAs to achieve it, is it really possible to achieve the same today? I'm not an expert but I don't think so.

It's going to be fucking awful, and I will watch it anyway.

I think with the pedigree it will get a larger budget

so I think it at least has a chance

Seen the trailer? Disaster in the making

the sequels don't seem have an "ova budget" like the original judging by the teaser but who knows. Would be pretty weird of AS to hold back on the money when they're the ones that wanted
the sequels to begin with.

Sup Forums is just jap/co/

We're Sup Forumsutistic like that

it's the other way around

Sup Forums ripped Sup Forums off (Sup Forums ripped Sup Forums off though)

Do we even know how long flcl 2 has been in production?

seems like the most unnecessary sequel in anime

I love FLCL but it doesn't really have much to make a sequel out of it's all perfectly packaged as it is.
Now if they had PSG2

don't think so, but I'm pretty sure both seasons are worked on simulatenously since they're developed by two different studios and are supposed to be released on the same day if I remember correctly.

/vaco/

>they're developed by two different studios
I'm guessing Production IG is one of the studios, whose the other studio?

had to look it up. NUT and REVOROOT are working on the animation for season 3. Says that IG are working on it too but I don't remember them saying that during the panel.

>rebuild 4 was actually cancelled
and no sources to back up that shit

>tfw helpless nostalgiafag
w-what will they do to my wallet?

I am optimistic because it is being made by Prod IG and they're a great company. They also said that they plan to make it its own thing and not try to copy the original (like how Diebuster was a "sequel" but still its own thing compared to Gunbuster). Regardless, more Haruko is always fun and I really want to see more of Eri (but see her a few years older obviously).

I am also glad that they decided to not make Naota the protag again. His story was over. If he appears I hope he's just a regular guy and not a insecure baby like Amarao (since Naota growing up to not be like Amarao was the whole point of the original).

>REVOROOT
They did tweens for made in abyss could be not complete shit? maybe?

They already used all the good pillows albums for the original. The fact that they uncreatively carted out a washed up pillows for a cheap nostalgia pop instead finding a modern band that would perfectly fit the new series like the pillows did the original killed what miniscule interest I ever could have had for a new flcl.

>could be not complete shit?
probably not since both seasons are getting theatrical releases in Japan.

Eri is so cute holy shit

Let's hope they're not just gonna write some riffs and call it an ost. I hope they're working with the animation team but I doubt it.

Did they Fooly Cooly?

I watched this because a friend sperged about it nonstop and cringed at the hateable characters and repulsive character designs the entire time. The embodiment of nostalgia goggle crap that would be trashed by Sup Forums millions of times harder than things like KLK does today. Adult Swim-grade hipster-friendly cancer.

But here's a bump for you because you fucks have shit taste, however you have courage in your convictions, which is all one needs to be a true hero some day. Just don't think it's better than something like SnK or whatever its modern-day exact equivalent is.

Even if i never asked for this i just hope it is good or at least enjoyable. It seems to have the same charm so far.

Who's doing OST?

the pillows

It was great until the final 2 minutes. Nip producers were banking on an ambiguous and confusing ending guaranteeing a s3, but Tim And Eric were like "lol nope! Anime is gay" and killed it

Post your favorite Pillows song

youtube.com/watch?v=X0Ly1-Lg_jo

Error: You seem to have mistyped the CAPTCHA. Please try again.

It just doesn’t need a continuation. I’ll watch, of course, but I’m not expecting to be blown away, pic related being a reason why

The designs, animation and music is what made this show good.

Gee, it's like 99% of Sup Forums is still shitting about this getting a sequel, let alone two of them...

Thank god I'm with the 1% that actually care.

It's the reason why I almost don't post here. Seriously, it seems like captcha is more against people with autism and bad sight than bots.

This will be the Mari of FLCL.

>...
>low standards
As expected of namefags. Fuck off.

>a pointless sequel to a bad anime
There is nothing to be excited about.

>ew girls