Script: Keiichi Hasegawa
Gridman Designer: Masayuki Gotou
Animation Production: Trigger x Tsuburaya Productions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nybqhMbWTOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks like guyver

Will Tim Curry dub the bad guy?

I liked it better as Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad.

Trigger doing mechas or something similar?
I'M ON.

All three of Trigger’s new projects feature mecha.

Is trigger saving anime?

Darling in the FrankXX looks so generic it makes me want to kill myself. I blame A-1 for that.
And the other one is probably not coming until 2019 so it's way too far to have any hype.

My 10 year old self would be creaming his pants if he saw this.

Shaw it isn't VR Troopers, though

Can he even talk anymore?

BABY DON DON

GRIDMAN

Your present you should be creaming his pants. This is trigger we talking about.

paid to keep their threads on the board and look what they do with it
production staff should demand their money back

muh dik, god damn.
this is some top tier god damn hype.

lel

weird looking evangelion.

The characters look generic, but the mechs look good.

Original series worth watching?

It was Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. That's what the SSSS in the title stands for.

>Script: Keiichi Hasegawa

He wrote Nexus and Bahamut (not virgin soul).
Should be a solid anime.

With Ultraman getting an anime too I think Kamen rider is going to be next.

What about some Metal Heroes?

That might be a better idea, reviving interest in old series instead of making anime versions of already successful franchises.

They already have a large catalog of characters to choose from.

Adventures of Metalder and Top Gunder?

I would watch it.
They would probably need to change the story for today's audiences but that's not too bad.

Depends. If you like super sentai, ultraman, kamen raider... Then yeah, it's on the same level.
If you're not on that stuff, not exactly.
The 2015 is pretty good tho.

We need a super sentai anime.
But here's the catch: The animation during battles is actually "shit" (As in, it's intentionally bad) to emulate the normal series.
it would be great.

If you follow the meme route, I guess that's good enough.
Sentai hasn't been great since the 90s. I rather they get inspired by Jetman or Liveman if they want to create something that's not ironic.

Well, i mean, i was talking about pre-90's Super Sentai anyways.
Who watches the modern series?

If they do a Kamen Rider anime, it should be Spirits.

Looks really dumb, even for trigger

Modern sentai has its fans, it appeals to a different demographic now that it's not a family show like it used to.

That or an entirely original story something that can't be done in Toku form.

Maybe this for any kind of anime. Entirely original story, starting from the beggining. That way both fans of the franchise and newcomers can enjoy

I got a bad feeling about this. Like that mecha looks to be like a Flash cutout.

Super Sentai's older fanbase barely buys anything. They exist, but Toei has a really hard time getting them to buy stuff. A Rider anime would be more likely if they ever decide to allow anime versions of their live action stuff to coexist with them.

Didn't Fourze get some OVAs or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=nybqhMbWTOI

This never crossed my mind. Of course, the director did Ninja Slayer before. It'll be absolutely hilarious if he goes the same route with this project here.

BABY DON DON

>a Kamen Rider anime
Already exists

Symphogear is more KR than Madoka. Stop being retarded.

>Ryuki rip-off
>Butcher did Gaim
Meduka is pretty much honorary KR at this point.

>herp ryuki rip-off derp
will you ever stop?

>SSSS
No fucking way.

>forgetting about the actual kr anime

I'm hyped

what is this?

Google "Kamen Rider SD".

V3 is a dick, DIIIIIICK!!!

Butcher did say he was inspired by ryuki.

Symphogear might be anime toku like precure, but madoka is related to kr whether you like it or not.

The fact that they showed us NO MOVEMENT AT ALL makes me think it'll be Ninja Slayer shit

He wasn't inspired directly by Ryuki, it was all coincidental. F/Z on the other hand has some scenes that are directly inspired by Ryuki and other KR.

Trigger saving anime and toku at the same time.

Have you seen the original pilot, the one showcased on the same fucking video?

Its obvious its gonna be properly animated, tsurubaya wouldnt dare to give one of its properties to a studio for a parody.

Also, its an announcement, they still havent started!

The only thing i dont feel comfortable with, is that the anime will be wildly different from the short, stylewise.

Or it's because this is a teaser PV being released a year ahead of time and they haven't even started on the animation yet. Are you stupid?

They said that it has the animation will be similar to the short. Like in the short, I'm guessing it will try to imitate Toku-style effects.

Trigger isn't going to let this be cgi right?

There was an event with the director, Tsurybaya's producer and Hikaru Midorikawa. They said that the animation will be similar to the short.

That's reassuring

I mean, the main reason they choose Trigger and Amemiya was that the good reception of the short.

The new Gridman design looks like it would be a pain to animate/draw.

That's just the original design by Masayuki Gotou; I'm sure they're going to have Amemiya or another Trigger artist do a simplified and animation friendly design.