What made it so much better than anything else?

What made it so much better than anything else?

Your personal bias.

the storytelling
shits on any other db and almost every other anime

it was the only anime that you could watch and not be a weeb faggot

Akira Toriyama

>doesn't take itself seriously and no needless edge
>characters are all likeable and watching them grow up is sweet
>fights actually have decent choreography with very little ATATATATATATA bullshit
>tasteful fanservice
>even the filler is enjoyable
>end with the hero getting married after being declared the strongest man on Earth
Thank God it ended there before it turned into tedious action schlock.

It pulls from so many different genres and influences it has almost universal appeal

it's lighthearted and whimsical and never takes itself too seriously even at its darkest and edgiest parts in Z

the idea that any evil no matter how great can be defeated by proper discipline, training, and belief in yourself is something that's important to a lot of people

and the fights are fucking badass

I re-watched it in 2006. There was tons of boring crap just like there was in DBZ.

t. faggot

You’re probably right honestly I just don’t have the patience to watch it all over again

>>doesn't take itself seriously
it does though, and it does a much better job at it than super

>proper discipline, training, and belief in yourself
also being part of a special race

We're talking about Dragon Ball not the dumb sequel.

you did skip filler didn't you?

>implying the first 4 arcs are even remotely serious
The Piccolo Daimao arc has a terrible narrative but it is the first "serious" arc.

>The Piccolo Daimao arc has a terrible narrative
wat are you fucking serious

How did the Pilaf gang know of Daimao? Or where what he was sealed in?
Why is Daimao evil? We only find that out the next arc
He's stronger than the entire cast, causing massive power creep for the first time in the series.
Goku drinking the choushinsui (a literal deus ex machina) contradicts everything the series had previously established.
Goku and Tenshinhan were equal in strength before this arc, that isn't the case at the end of the arc. The arc lasts 2 days.
There's more, it's not well written. Just don't blind yourself to that because you happen to like it.

red ribbon had serious moments
and in all tournaments they seriously wanted to win and get better and roshi wanted to train them

no power creep
most shonen fall victim to power creep

They're one series, negro, like it or not

half of the stuff you wrote is bullshit m8
pilaf gang didnt know that piccolo was sealed in it

>why is the devil evil
gee i don't know man

>adventuring
>dinosaurs
>kid who does not give a shit
>monkey boy
>bald kid
>sexual harassment
>sick battles

It just had everything a pre-teen me could ever want.

The first 4 arcs are very lighthearted, and interwoven in those are more serious moments. Just because there are serious moments doesn't mean the arc itself is serious.
Piccolo Daimao arc has powercreep.
>just re-read the fucking arc last week
>w-what you said is b-bullshit
If you think I'm wrong feel free to re-read it.
>why is the devil evil
That's a good motivation and a solid basis for an entire arc, just because he's a devil. If that is enough for you to say it's well written that's embarrassing.
The Saiya-jin arc despite it's issues is the best written arc in Dragon Ball.

ohhhh, now i understand youre retarded

>ohhhh
Literally wasting my time on retards who can't interpret a basic shounen manga.
Please read the Dragon Ball manga before spouting your fucking headcanon.

we are talking about the anime you idiot

better fuck off then

>we are talking about the anime
The anime isn't the canon source of material and since we're talking about the fucking story you have to talk about the fucking manga you troglodyte.
>there are people this retarded on Sup Forums

>that moment when Goku runs off to avenge Kuririn and gets his ass handed to him by Tambourine because of being exhausted and hungry after the tournament match
As someone who began reading though the manga recently (didn't finish ti yet) and knew enugh about Z due to the old times when toonami aired DBZ I have to say this was completely unexpected. I was 100% expecting Goku to get a rage boost and defeat that Piccolo mook in the spot but that would have to wait a bit.
It soured me a lot on the rage power up that seens to have become the cliche starting with Gohan.

does it hurt being this retarded?

It was much simpler

Light hearted with serious moments.
Nice story that took you to a lot of different places instead of the same wasteland arena for 30 episodes at a time.
Varied enemies and techniques instead of atatatatata and beams.
Much better girls.

No saiyans fucking around

The manga is godly because Akira Toriyama is, or at least was, godly

Yamcha at his prime.

Was Gohan fighting 17 and 18 all the way up til the End of Z? We don't actually see his growth spurt but I assume it takes place after the Buu saga.

There was still some Dr. Slump in there at the start before it started taking itself way too seriously.

Trunks' growth spurt, I mean.

probably, Future Trunks is almost 18 in the Android Saga. Gohan is a mid 20 / late 20 virgin cripple saiyan.